20 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

Was there a NPC surrender feature recently added in either DDI or Cursed Loot?  I have been having trouble with my most recent play through with some mod making enemies surrender at like 50% health.

That's probably DCL Combat Surrender. I find the default settings to be a bit too sensitive and have even seen enemies surrender when I'm running away from them.

1 hour ago, Slagblah said:

That's probably DCL Combat Surrender. I find the default settings to be a bit too sensitive and have even seen enemies surrender when I'm running away from them.

So there was an enemy surrender feature added? I couldn't find any options for it in the MCM.

12 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I do have FNIS.esp active and loaded very high in my load order, directly above FNISSexyMove.esp - however I am using FNIS 7_0 XXL so if something has changed recently with the .esp I may have not picked it up.

I am running FNIS Sexy Move 7.1 and the 360 player move pack.

The issue in my experience only happens immediately after updating Devious Devices (with its large compliments of AA sets) and causes Sexy Move affected actors to play animations from DD AA sets - in my last update I seem to recall some walk directions caused my player to use Pony Play animations and others triggered things like bondage skirt shuffles.  Simply entering the Sexy Moves MCM menu and changing the player walk fixed it for the player, and using the dialogue to set my followers animations fixed them as well.  I did not have issues with other NPCs animating strangely, because when I updated I was in a remote wilderness cell.

Really sure FNIS.esp is active? Or if you use MOx, try removing all FNIS overwrites before you run FNIS?

Because whenever you add or remove a mod with alternate animations, the indexing for all AAs changes. All AAs are indexed starting with 1. And as soon as a mod is added or removed in between other mods using the same AA, the index for all AAs coming after that mod will change accordingly. And to readjust the current assignments accordingly is the task of FNIS.esp. 

7 hours ago, fore said:

Really sure FNIS.esp is active? Or if you use MOx, try removing all FNIS overwrites before you run FNIS?

Because whenever you add or remove a mod with alternate animations, the indexing for all AAs changes. All AAs are indexed starting with 1. And as soon as a mod is added or removed in between other mods using the same AA, the index for all AAs coming after that mod will change accordingly. And to readjust the current assignments accordingly is the task of FNIS.esp. 

Really sure, I'm a NMM user and my copy of FNIS.esp's creation date matches the last time I updated FNIS (Feb 2018).  As the last time I experienced the issue was on updating DD in June, I have to think FNIS.esp was active at that time.  Whether I have something installed that could interfere with FNIS.esp, I can't really say.

Unfortunately I'm not really in a great position to test to get more details, as my load order is very large and my save file old, and I don't want to give NMM any excuses to finally blow up my install.  My recommendations are just based on the issues I saw and how I fixed them, and I believe this thread has had a handful of other people reporting issues of silly walks that were using FNIS Sexy Moves and/or PCEA2 before updating DD.

21 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Really sure, I'm a NMM user and my copy of FNIS.esp's creation date matches the last time I updated FNIS (Feb 2018).  As the last time I experienced the issue was on updating DD in June, I have to think FNIS.esp was active at that time.  Whether I have something installed that could interfere with FNIS.esp, I can't really say.

Unfortunately I'm not really in a great position to test to get more details, as my load order is very large and my save file old, and I don't want to give NMM any excuses to finally blow up my install.  My recommendations are just based on the issues I saw and how I fixed them, and I believe this thread has had a handful of other people reporting issues of silly walks that were using FNIS Sexy Moves and/or PCEA2 before updating DD.

I was just trying to get some information. Maybe there is an issue with FNIS updating after mod changes. But as you can imagine this is REALLY hard to reproduce.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, fore said:

I was just trying to get some information. Maybe there is an issue with FNIS updating after mod changes. But as you can imagine this is REALLY hard to reproduce.

Thanks.

No problem, and that sounds reasonable from what I experienced.  If it was a more systemic issue I'd expect NPCs in the cities to also have silly walks directly after updating, but it only seemed to be the actors in the immediate vicinity after updating an AA mod like DD that had the issue.  Possibly they are assigned the walk animations prior to FNIS being able to catch the change and reorganize the AA lists or something of that nature.

I never did try simply saving and loading while characters were silly-walking to see if that settled the issue. 

The version 4.1 over 4.0, how many more anims were added?  I tried going to 4.1 and it caused constant CTDs, which I figured was anims.  I'm using the XXL version of FNIS 7.2 and have 10129 animations for 44 mods successfully included (character), 3204 animations for 7 mods and 40 creatures successfully included.  4.0 seems totally fine with this, but 4.1 doesn't.  Any suggestions besides reducing animations, can I leave out animation additions that are present in 4.1 (if any)?

GuruSR.

2 hours ago, GuruSR said:

can I leave out animation additions that are present in 4.1 (if any)?

That won't work. DD needs these animations to function.

Some suggestions for stuff you can look at:

- SLAL packs. Nobody needs 100 different M/F missionary animations. There are only so many positions in the Kama Sutra and some people install 5 times that number in SLAL animations. Some have more animations installed than SL can even handle, meaning they won't even see them. Use essential SLAL packs from your most favorite animators and cull the rest.

- XPMSE: A lot of people don't even notice the animations in that mod, that most of us install for the skeleton and the skeleton only. Not all of these consume FNIS slots, but there are alternate weapon poses in there many of don't even use. Solution: Open the archive and install the skeleton manually. Yes, the ESP is not needed, either.

- PCEA2: Player exclusive animations are nice for sure, but this mod needs a lot of animations as well. Lots of slots for visual extras that could be used for something else.

- Estrus for Skyrim. Tentacles are sure the best fun ever, but that mods contains a LOT of animations.

- ZAP 8: One of the biggest animation hogs overall. Contains hundreds upon hundreds of animations that DD mods have zero use for. Most DD mods are perfectly fine with ZAP 7, which leaves a waaaaay smaller footprint in your animation registry. Just skip on the handful of mods actually needing ZAP 8, and wait for more DD mods to remove dependency on ZAP entirely.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:08 PM, adadafa3 said:

So what you are saying is that even if i can run 16000+ anims some sort of anim load order is an issue?

Yes. Apparently not all animations are equal :)  It's not load order issue, in fact I don't think anyone truly knows the exact issue as yet, except that there is some 'limit' regarding animations and alternate animations seemingly 'use' a lot more of that 'limit' than standard animations. 

Everything I've been repeating here is personal experience with both SE and LE and confirmed by other users doing the same 'rip out anims'. If I were totally out to lunch Fore, who's hovering around this thread, would have smacked me down (hopefully gently).

On 7/2/2018 at 8:07 PM, adadafa3 said:

keeping up to my word i deleted 3 more packs bringing me down to 9820 anims and it worked. still think its weird tho

apparently i was lying trying to load a new game crashes the shit out of skyrim and sometimes i needed to restart my computer, better luck next update for me i hope. 

21 minutes ago, adadafa3 said:

apparently i was lying trying to load a new game crashes the shit out of skyrim and sometimes i needed to restart my computer, better luck next update for me i hope. 

Normal SLAL packs may not be your issue then, are you running lots of heavy animation mods like PCEA2/ZAP 8/8+/FNIS Sexy Moves/XPMSE.esp/OSex/Poser mods?  If so those may be your major issue, and removing a ton of SLAL packs isn't the best way to go about loading DD 4.1 into your game.

Help! My game crashes during new game intro/loading a save after I installed Devious Devices AND updated FNIS behaviour

Enabled mods:

Three dlcs

SexLabFramework v162 FULL

Devious Devices Assets

SexLabAroused V28b Loose

Devious Devices Integration

Devious Devices Expansion

skyui

FNIS Behavior 7.4

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

UNPB Body NMM BAIN Installer v2-5-2 FIX

RaceMenu v3-4

BodySlide and Outfit Studio

HDT Physics Extensions

PapyrusUtil v33

Weird thing is, everything works fine before installing DDI, and it can still work after installing DDI and DDx if I don't update FNIS behaviour (Although everyone starts doing weird poses), so I guess it's a problem with the animations from DDI?

Just in case, I'll also post results from FNIS when updating with DDI:

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.4.4 ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
No GENDER directory male
 17 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 4 sets: 58 total groups: 282 added file slots: 2168 alternate files: 1089

Creature Pack not installed

2614 animations for 9 mods successfully included (character).
 1 Warning(s).

Any help will be appreciated.

3 hours ago, ChikamaYan said:

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

Reinstall your skeleton and make sure you have the latest XPMSE - your female skeleton should be XPMS2HDT with 115 bones, same as the male one I believe.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000

3 hours ago, ChikamaYan said:

1 Warning(s).

Warnings generally means you have a serious issue that you need to solve - FNIS warnings should be fixed or you are likely going to have problems.

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Reinstall your skeleton and make sure you have the latest XPMSE - your female skeleton should be XPMS2HDT with 115 bones, same as the male one I believe.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000

Thank you for your help.

I made sure the installed XPMSE was latest, and it overrides all other mods. Then FNIS correctly gives the number of female bones as 115. However the game still crashes after starting a new game for a few seconds.

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Warnings generally means you have a serious issue that you need to solve - FNIS warnings should be fixed or you are likely going to have problems.

This warning is generated due to illegal steam directory, so I believe it's not the cause of crash:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<

Any other potential causes you can think of?

6 hours ago, ChikamaYan said:

This warning is generated due to illegal steam directory, so I believe it's not the cause of crash:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<

Any other potential causes you can think of?

Can't personally offer help with errors like this - you should follow the instructions on that warning to fix the issue. 

4 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Can't personally offer help with errors like this - you should follow the instructions on that warning to fix the issue. 

I have managed to fix the issue and FNIS now shows 0 error, but the crash problem is still there....

Have had a very difficult bug recently after changing to 4.1 Integration and Expansion.  Whenever I approach a city (mainly Riverwood and whiterun) I get an instant CTD.  I started out with a new game, installed all my mods up to Devious Devices, and everything worked great.  Ran FNIS, bodyslide, LOOT and cleaned with TESVedit and everything worked.  Then I install Devious Devices and its an instant CTD %100 of the time when approaching a city.  

I have completely unistalled skyrim, mod manager, all saves and all mods.  Redownloaded the newest versions and reinstalled everything sequentially checking game stability with each mod activated.  Everything works great right up until I install and activate DD mods and it CTD's everytime.  Very frustrating, as I cannot determine what would be triggering the CTD in cities/populated areas.  My computer can easily handle the demands of skyrim so it's not a hardware problem.

For now, I've had to revert to old backed up versions of Expansion and Integration pre-4.0. and it works.  A shame to miss out on new developments with the mods, has anyone else had similar problems like this?

1 hour ago, light2222 said:

Was Forbidden Tome removed from the later releases? I've been scouring google and I can't seem to find a direct answer. And the quest tags just aren't in my game anymore. 

The two quests (forbidden tome and Sergius' experiment) were removed in version 4.0. They were part of a separate Devious Deviants.esp included with earlier versions.

Forbidden Knowledge Quest;

I've tried dropping/ picking up the book and the dialogue option to discuss it with Urag just isn't coming up. He also doesn't do anything when you take the book off the shelf and you are standing right in front of him. I've tried to activate it on a newly started character wearing no devices, still nothing. 

Is there a setstage command I can use to start that stage of the forbidden knowledge quest? Or a later stage and just skip that part?

3 minutes ago, Sospice said:

Forbidden Knowledge Quest;

I've tried dropping/ picking up the book and the dialogue option to discuss it with Urag just isn't coming up. He also doesn't do anything when you take the book off the shelf and you are standing right in front of him. I've tried to activate it on a newly started character wearing no devices, still nothing. 

Is there a setstage command I can use to start that stage of the forbidden knowledge quest? Or a later stage and just skip that part?

If you're using the latest version of the mod see my post immediately above yours.

2 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

If you're using the latest version of the mod see my post immediately above yours.

Oh I see.

Is there a problem with those quests? Well, other than the choosing of a main quest line dwermer ruins issue as a destination for finding the objects. I liked the forbidden knowledge quest and wouldn't mind getting the esp file as a stand alone if that's allowed and it would work that way.