6 hours ago, volanthh said:

I have a question more on the modding integration side of things rather than an issue with the mod. Not quite sure if this is the right Devious variant to post it at, but figured it makes sense regardless.

If I'm writing a mod that had this, DDe, and DDa as dependencies and I'm writing a function/scene that involves removing all equipped items from a character, is there a recommended/preferred/pre-written way to check for and leave alone equipped DD items? I've done some brief looking around but couldn't find anything that stood out and I just wanted to verify before I go re-inventing the wheel. Thanks.

If I understand you correctly and you want to unequip all non-DD items while leaving the DD items on, then check out either the SexLab StripActor() function (sslActorLibrary.psc), or the strip() function from Cursed Loot (dcur_library.psc). The SexLab version will return an array of the items removed, which can then be used to re-equip them later with the UnstripActor routine.

5 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

It's been a long time since I played those quests, so I can't remember exactly what was involved (except for being sent to three random Dwemer ruins, one or more of which could have been on Solstheim, and possibly quest-locked and high level, which wasn't ideal.) Kimy discussed the removal of them a few days ago, here.

Yeah, I remember running into the problem with the quest-locked targets for that quest. It was one of the reasons I avoided it, but I did like the other one with the rechargeable soul gems. In fact, I made some custom tweaks to it that expanded the available types of rechargeable gems from Petty to Grand, depending on how aroused you were when you created the gem. The better quality gems of course took much longer to fully charge. I also added Anal rechargeable soul gems, which got cold (rather than hot) when charging, and when worn along with a Vaginal rechargeable gem, both would charge faster and produce shock effects.

6 hours ago, Slagblah said:

If I understand you correctly and you want to unequip all non-DD items while leaving the DD items on, then check out either the SexLab StripActor() function (sslActorLibrary.psc), or the strip() function from Cursed Loot (dcur_library.psc). The SexLab version will return an array of the items removed, which can then be used to re-equip them later with the UnstripActor routine.

Will do. Thanks for the reply.

Pet Suit won't work, it wouldn't make my pc crawl and it wouldn't come off either. It keeps saying I chose o put it on when I try to take it off. My guess is due to this script error of

An error has occurred with your installation of devious devices, please check the log for more information. Error text LookupDeviceType received invalid keyword [Keyword <zad_DeviousHeavyBondage> (0E05226C) ]

Edit: Can take pet suit off but anim won't work and that same error appears when i unlock it and put it on

4 hours ago, Symb0lic said:

Pet Suit won't work, it wouldn't make my pc crawl and it wouldn't come off either. It keeps saying I chose o put it on when I try to take it off. My guess is due to this script error of

An error has occurred with your installation of devious devices, please check the log for more information. Error text LookupDeviceType received invalid keyword [Keyword (0E05226C) ]

Edit: Can take pet suit off but anim won't work and that same error appears when i unlock it and put it on

Reinstall DDi 4.1, and make sure nothing is overwriting scripts.

Should this mod be responsible of doing something when player is sent to jail blindfolded? You can't use bed, so you can't "serve the time in jail". Only solution i know is to use Deviously Cursed Loot's "Free me!" option in MCM, or perhaps some other mod that replaces vanilla prison. But i think this should be dealt with somehow, like maybe removing the blindhood, or making beds interactible. I know that removing hoods is problematic if it's a quest item, such as DCL's rubber doll quest (which optionally can be set to not use hood). And extra scripting to prisons may potentially conflict with related other mods, so be careful if you do.

If you add option for prison handling in MCM, it lets player to manage the conflicts.

Another option is to dump even binding devices to the player chest, and give prisoner clothing.

Should the black leather harness block vaginal and anal sex like the other harness? It didn't in a few scenes and the arousal was set to 0 like regular sex without a belt or harness. How could it not block sex if it has the same look like the chastity harness. There is leather down there and if there are plugs in too, sex should be impossible.

And I can't remove anal plugs anymore, because I get the message there would be a belt.

Just now, xyzxyz said:

Should the black leather harness block vaginal and anal sex like the other harness? It didn't in a few scenes and the arousal was set to 0 like regular sex without a belt or harness. How could it not block sex if it has the same look like the chastity harness. There is leather down there and if there are plugs in too, sex should be impossible.

There are different harnesses I believe - if the harness doesn't have "chastity" in the name it doesn't function as a chastity belt.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

There are different harnesses I believe - if the harness doesn't have "chastity" in the name it doesn't function as a chastity belt. 

That is weird because they look the same and do the same job, holding plugs in a body.

Just now, xyzxyz said:

That is weird because they look the same and do the same job, holding plugs in a body.

It is more for people to be able to have choice - some people would want the harnesses to be just for looks (and assume you could just move the tiny strap of leather to one side), and others want them to act like chastity belts.  If you want a harness to act like a chastity belt, I think every colour has a "chastity" version that will do that.

9 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

It is more for people to be able to have choice - some people would want the harnesses to be just for looks (and assume you could just move the tiny strap of leather to one side), and others want them to act like chastity belts.  If you want a harness to act like a chastity belt, I think every colour has a "chastity" version that will do that. 

And what is the enchantment on non-chastity belts? They show one in the inventory, but I never noticed anything.

44 minutes ago, Symb0lic said:

All fixed but Armbinders and other wrist restraints aren't doing their thing and I can access inv, is this normal? If not, I need some help.

They don't block inventory access any more. That's intentional. If you want to struggle against one or try to unlock it just activate it as if you were equipping or removing a standard item.

6 hours ago, Symb0lic said:

Ohhhhhh, what else do they not or do block?

You can:

- look into your inventory

- use *certain* items from your inventory (like foodstuffs to not become a show stopper for those with survival mods)

- use the map and journal

- use normal activators like doors etc.

- use Bound Combat to fend of easier enemies like wolves etc. (if enabled in DD's MCM), though that only works properly if you are in 3rd person view

You cannot:

- attempt to unequip other devices

- equip weapons

- equip spells

- use furniture (incl. crafting stations and carriages)

There may be more, this is what I remember at the moment.

3 hours ago, Symb0lic said:

do I need to update Zaz Anim Pack to v8

No, in fact you don't need to install *any* Zaz Anim Pack to use DD on its own. What other mods that use DD require then is usually stated on their download page, some work fine with Zaz-7, others make use of newer items from Zaz 8 (or 8+ or whatever version there may be now).

I've never heard of the animation issue you describe, this doesn't sound like the 'classic' T-pose one gets when FNIS hasn't been run (correctly) so I'm not sure what's going on there. As general troubleshooting things, you could check that you are using the correct XPMSE skeleton (and that no other mod is overwriting it, some older follower mods in particular tend to do that), that your FNIS runs without errors/warnings and that you aren't accidentally mixing LE and SE Skyrim mods.

Hello, thanks all for your hard work on making and helping this mod.

I have something to report.    I am having trouble getting 4.1 to work (do not need help with this part, I can do this.. but to show what I am doing I mention this)  CTD on load/new.  So I am playing with SLAL anims to debug.

1.  Disabled ALL SLAL anims run FNIS and start new.  No crash.

2.  Enabled most SLAL anims run FNIS start new.  crash.

3.  Disabled one SLAL pack NOT RUN FNIS (..I forget to but...) start new no crash.  (strange pose for character of course, cannot play, this is expect)

4.  Change nothing. Run FNIS, start new, crash.

I think this should not happen?  Why crash only AFTER run fnis?  Something maybe wrong here?  Or am I wrong about that

@shencereys Sounds like an issue of too many animations. That's the reason I haven't installed 4.1 yet, and may not. We've gotten to the point where it is no longer feasible to run both the latest/biggest ZAP and DD along with lots of other SLAL packs, and now decisions have to be made as to what mods and frameworks we can live without. It sucks but that's the price of progress.

It is hard to tell from FNIS whether you have too many animations, since if you are using the XXL version it will certainly generate successfully for far more animations than can be reliably loaded into the game when launching. Even if you're below the theoretical limit, the numbers of stages and so forth can quickly load so much code for the game that the engine cannot handle it and the game crashes. Rule of thumb: if you have a lot of SLAL packs and frameworks, and your game crashes when you try to load a save or start a new game, you need to cut back on animations. That is why it works when you disabled all your SLAL packs.

If you aren't running Crash Fixes or Fallrim Tools, they might help, but don't count on it (although you should certainly install them anyway if you don't have them, they will keep the game much more stable once you get it to launch). 

And to clarify: all this applies if you are crashing AFTER you get the main menu and try to load a save or start a new game. If you're crashing before you get the menu or see smoke, it is a different problem, probably LO related.

2 hours ago, GeorgiaCav said:

@shencereys Sounds like an issue of too many animations. That's the reason I haven't installed 4.1 yet, and may not. We've gotten to the point where it is no longer feasible to run both the latest/biggest ZAP and DD along with lots of other SLAL packs, and now decisions have to be made as to what mods and frameworks we can live without. It sucks but that's the price of progress.

It is hard to tell from FNIS whether you have too many animations, since if you are using the XXL version it will certainly generate successfully for far more animations than can be reliably loaded into the game when launching. Even if you're below the theoretical limit, the numbers of stages and so forth can quickly load so much code for the game that the engine cannot handle it and the game crashes. Rule of thumb: if you have a lot of SLAL packs and frameworks, and your game crashes when you try to load a save or start a new game, you need to cut back on animations. That is why it works when you disabled all your SLAL packs.

If you aren't running Crash Fixes or Fallrim Tools, they might help, but don't count on it (although you should certainly install them anyway if you don't have them, they will keep the game much more stable once you get it to launch). 

And to clarify: all this applies if you are crashing AFTER you get the main menu and try to load a save or start a new game. If you're crashing before you get the menu or see smoke, it is a different problem, probably LO related.

Ok - thanks for the information.  I would like to ask you to pay attention to this order of events with DD 4.1.  Not that I crash. but HOW 

What I mean is:  

REMOVE (uninstall) SLAL PACK - forgot to run FNIS - do not crash

then

run FNIS > CRASH

why does it not crash when anims are removed but crash ONLY after I run FNIS?  It seems like this occurrence is not logical.  maybe this is not strange.  Then you can laugh at me.

34 minutes ago, shencereys said:

Ok - thanks for the information.  I would like to ask you to pay attention to this order of events with DD 4.1.  Not that I crash. but HOW 

What I mean is:  

REMOVE (uninstall) SLAL PACK - forgot to run FNIS - do not crash

then

run FNIS > CRASH

why does it not crash when anims are removed but crash ONLY after I run FNIS?  It seems like this occurrence is not logical.  maybe this is not strange.  Then you can laugh at me.

This is because not running FNIS essentially broke your Skyrim animations (which is why you get all the T-poses ect) so they weren't being loaded properly in the first place.  Since the problem is an engine limitation associated with having too many animations, this allowed you to load without crashing but in an unplayable state.  Running FNIS after that *fixes* your animation files so they are loaded... but now they are too large and cause a CTD.

Either way, there have been lots of posts about this issue recently.  Essentially you should try to reduce your animation load, especially by removing animation-adding mods or packs you don't use often.

Sorry guys but for some reason the mod don't work properly in the game, i can wear plug with out chastity belt, the polling event configuration menu is blank, wearing chastity belt but it don't appear that my char wearing it(or rather it is invisible), the same thing happen to some other device like cuff and harness, the inventory still show that my char is wearing it, when i'm clicking to equiping chastity belt and using "Mastrubate" option, the game undress and teleport me to the middle of the whole skyrim map and redress @.@. I playing Skyrim Legendary Edition, just recently re-playing and the game don't have much mods. My mod list is: some outfit mods, sexlab framework and defeat, more nasty critter, and some mods like HDT high heel and physic, FNIS,.... 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:01 AM, El_Duderino said:

That is working as intended. You can *look* into your inventory, maps, skills etc. with hands tied, but not *use* everything in it. Try equipping a weapon or a spell and it won't work! Bound Combat is your only fighting option with bound hands if you can't / don't want to escape from the armbinder right away.

It was done that way after the addition of Bound Combat so that armbinders won't be the complete game stoppers like they were in earlier versions of DD.

The armbinders are not a game stopper in DDi 3 and bound combat is futile.  

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with jumping while wearing an Armbinder? Note that jumping in an Elbowbinder works just fine and I know that jumping in an Armbinder used to work recently, but I'm not sure exactly when it broke.

It is possible, I suppose, that a 3rd-party mod is blocking it, but I have no idea which one it might be (I may end up having to disable some recently added mods to see if any of them are responsible).

Or perhaps it broke in DD 4.1? By the way, I have tried reinstalling animation files and rebuilding FNIS, with no change.