Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

3 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is the TOP SELLING SINGLE PLAYER GAME ON STEAM NOW:

https://store.steampowered.com/charts/mostplayed/

It is #8 overall, but the only one in the top 10 that is single player.

Ooops, highest user count.

And, the SECOND BEST SELLING SINGLE PLAYER GAME behind Slime Rancher 2.

Edited by fishburger67
  • fishburger67 changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

I am one of the users in the Steam count, doing another post-patch playthrough. And I missed Judy...

Visual glitches seem all gone. Very smooth playthrough. Car control is much better, although I prefer the motorcycle.

Finishing the last of the gigs and side jobs before starting the finale.

I enjoy the game. So shoot me.

I should add: I use the XBox controller on PC. All the controls seem natural - and instinctive. No tons of buttons to remember.

Edited by fred200
3 hours ago, fred200 said:

I am one of the users in the Steam count, doing another post-patch playthrough. And I missed Judy...

Visual glitches seem all gone. Very smooth playthrough. Car control is much better, although I prefer the motorcycle.

Finishing the last of the gigs and side jobs before starting the finale.

I enjoy the game. So shoot me.

I should add: I use the XBox controller on PC. All the controls seem natural - and instinctive. No tons of buttons to remember.

Is there a proper 3rd person now?

I've never played it. I've watched gameplay vids and found it a bit repellant.

I uninstalled just as the last patch was released.

Waiting to see what mods need updating and downloading (again).

The 3rd person mod is a bit rough - yet gives some interesting options for screen captures during cut-scenes. (sexy time as well)

The flying car mod is amazing and will spoil the player since ALL vehicles travel at the same speed whilst doing it. Yes - The Makigai MaiMai has become one of my favorites since it's small . . . . .

Spoiler

3rd person during a 'ride'.

2008853735_V8.png.7fe19795f391a90691b82c96d0055a09.png

Oh MaiMai

photomode_08082022_023456.png.ce0300c4899cf3edb28a96f0e1d262c8.png

Edited by landess
Added MaiMai capture

Well, I'm replaying it (playing for the first time, really) and I'm having a blast. I just wandered into a bar owned by the Tiger Claws gang, unsheathed my katana and went all Showdown At The House Of Blue Leaves on the place. With a little bit of nethackery to shut down security cameras and keep track of the bad guys.

It's good looking, immersive and I'm endlessly impressed by the setting. Night City is something of a work of art.

Only criticism so far is that it gets a bit too talky-talky. I get that the cutscenes are needed to tell the story, and there's a lot of story to tell, but there are times when I wonder when it's next going to be my turn to play. Not the worst thing on a first playthough, but I'm hoping to get a couple more runs exploring different builds

In any event, I'm having much more fun that I thought I would.

4 hours ago, DocClox said:

Well, I'm replaying it (playing for the first time, really) and I'm having a blast. I just wandered into a bar owned by the Tiger Claws gang, unsheathed my katana and went all Showdown At The House Of Blue Leaves on the place. With a little bit of nethackery to shut down security cameras and keep track of the bad guys.

It's good looking, immersive and I'm endlessly impressed by the setting. Night City is something of a work of art.

Only criticism so far is that it gets a bit too talky-talky. I get that the cutscenes are needed to tell the story, and there's a lot of story to tell, but there are times when I wonder when it's next going to be my turn to play. Not the worst thing on a first playthough, but I'm hoping to get a couple more runs exploring different builds

Honestly I thought the game was great even at launch, though it definitely had a lot of flaws and I am glad I was playing it on pc.

A lot of the criticism came from console users (which is fair, the ps4 version looked like hot garbage) and folks that were expecting Cyberpunk to be the second coming of Pong. Something that was going to redefine gaming as we knew it. I don't really get how people got so hyped up for it, but my expectations going into it at launch were "Decent rpg shooter in a cyberpunk setting" and that was exactly what I got.

The game has improved significantly since then. I am planning on doing another playthrough myself soon to check out some of the new updates.

2 hours ago, 27X said:

Probably because that's precisely what Badowski said it was.

Overhyping stuff is the job description, why people believed any of it I will never understand.

I remember talking to folks that had bought hard into the hype and telling them it probably wasn't going to be revolutionary at all, it would be evolutionary at best.

Turns out it wasn't even that, it was just a decent shooter rpg.

16 hours ago, sila said:

Honestly I thought the game was great even at launch, though it definitely had a lot of flaws and I am glad I was playing it on pc.

First time through, I remember struggling with the first mission. Once it was done and I had a chance to look around, I saw how I should have probably approached the problem, and having done it a couple more times since, I find I learn new things each time. But none of that depth was apparent at the time.Anyway, I powered on through that, then first time driving, I misread the minimap, and tried to drive down a pedestrian stairway, killing a couple of cits and triggering NCPD. So that was a reload.

Next time, I thought that instead of grappling with the driving controls. I'd walk to the ripperdoc instead. Maybe take in some of the NC open world on the way. So I ended up with the mission with the guy whose dick implant is about to explode, and can I get him to a ripperdoc in time? So I called my car and my car declined to materialize. At that point I decided I had better uses for my time.

If there hadn't been so much negative energy surrounding the game, I'd probably have stuck with it a bit longer. As it was, it took Edgerunners to make me think the game might be worth a second look. I'm quite glad I did.

due to this current hype, I installed the game again.

First time playing, I quit at roughly 13hrs of playtime. Now I am already at 28hrs and still having fun.

So much to explore, many side missions, etc.

Yes, this is not a revolutionary game and it still has quite some bugs, but I kinda love it right now - it's really fun to play - and, at least it feels like it, they improved the car/bike control (a bit ^^ )

10 hours ago, sila said:

Overhyping stuff is the job description, why people believed any of it I will never understand.

I remember talking to folks that had bought hard into the hype and telling them it probably wasn't going to be revolutionary at all, it would be evolutionary at best.

Turns out it wasn't even that, it was just a decent shooter rpg.

People believed it because they didn't just put it in interviews they also put it in their trailers and ads. They just outright lied about the game beyond anything that has ever come before, people were planning for something that rivalled GTA5 in terms of depth of the sandbox and were incredibly disappointed to find an incredible beautiful diorama with NPCs that magically disappear as soon as you look away from them instead of a convincing and immersive open world city. The game fails to do basic immersive things that have been in open world city games for the nearly 20 years since GTA3 now, disappointment is not surprising.

The art team absolutely nailed the theme, setting and art. The story although linear is pretty playable too. But as soon as you step off the story and try to interact with the city and world outside of that the whole thing turns into a disaster.

The expected expansion is coming with a complete police system rework. If it also fixes all the issues with the sandbox interactivity then this may do a lot to solve those criticisms but it rightly deserves those criticisms until it actually delivers on these things.

Some pretty basic functionality like wanted system feeling right alongside things like Trauma Team responding to random NPCs injured/endangered (like ambulances and firetrucks would respond to a scene in GTA) would be a significant starting point. Having NPCs actually run for their lives instead of remaining seated at cafes when you just murdered the person next to them is also the kind of bare minimum change to the sandbox that's sorely needed. The problem with the game is mostly that the world doesn't respond the way you as a player expect that it should in order to stay immersed. CDPR make dioramas, that worked fine in the fantasy setting where it's much less noticeable but not in a living city.

1 hour ago, Alexi-0 said:

People believed it because they didn't just put it in interviews they also put it in their trailers and ads. They just outright lied about the game beyond anything that has ever come before, people were planning for something that rivalled GTA5 in terms of depth of the sandbox and were incredibly disappointed to find an incredible beautiful diorama with NPCs that magically disappear as soon as you look away from them instead of a convincing and immersive open world city. The game fails to do basic immersive things that have been in open world city games for the nearly 20 years since GTA3 now, disappointment is not surprising.

The art team absolutely nailed the theme, setting and art. The story although linear is pretty playable too. But as soon as you step off the story and try to interact with the city and world outside of that the whole thing turns into a disaster.

The expected expansion is coming with a complete police system rework. If it also fixes all the issues with the sandbox interactivity then this may do a lot to solve those criticisms but it rightly deserves those criticisms until it actually delivers on these things.

Some pretty basic functionality like wanted system feeling right alongside things like Trauma Team responding to random NPCs injured/endangered (like ambulances and firetrucks would respond to a scene in GTA) would be a significant starting point. Having NPCs actually run for their lives instead of remaining seated at cafes when you just murdered the person next to them is also the kind of bare minimum change to the sandbox that's sorely needed. The problem with the game is mostly that the world doesn't respond the way you as a player expect that it should in order to stay immersed. CDPR make dioramas, that worked fine in the fantasy setting where it's much less noticeable but not in a living city.

Again, overhyping your product is the job description for marketing teams. That includes lying about said product. Remember No Man's Sky? Remember FO76? (SIXTEEN TIMES THE DETAIL!)

I don't understand why people continue to fall for that crap. Sure be excited but come on.... How was the game supposed to revolutionize a 40 year old industry? There was no way that was going to happen. People bought into hype on this one so hard it beggars belief.

Edited by sila

Great game and I am finding few minor bugs, no major bugs. I do 100% wish there were a third person (the mod isnt good enough yet) and I would like the endings to continue you forward (maybe a bit happier on a couple also) but otherwise its been a blast. Its also pretty mod forgiving, not many crashes or issues with most of the mods I have tried, they usually work or rarely dont.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:41 AM, DocClox said:

I beat it on week 2 I think, absolutely loved it. Haven't replayed it since I don't usually like replaying story games, but I'll probably do it again before the expansion comes out.

Def experienced bugs, but it was far more stable and bug-free than my Skyrim so I didn't see the issue to be honest. Never expected a GTA and didn't get it, and that's fine.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, pinkfluf said:

I wish I never bought it, I couldn't get through the tutorial. For me it was too confusing and too many buttons to remember.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:29 AM, RohZima said:

Is there a proper 3rd person now?

I've never played it. I've watched gameplay vids and found it a bit repellant.

It took me some time to get used to the buttons. I tried later to use a controller but experienced the same "learning curve" for all the buttons.  Fortunately the game is very forgiving and most of the time other than having some issues with driving using a keyboard, it is pretty tame and usable once you get used to the main buttons.

There is a mod for a 3rd person. I thought about modding the game then read the instructions and half way through reading said "fuck this" and stopped :P

6 hours ago, sila said:

Again, overhyping your product is the job description for marketing teams. That includes lying about said product. Remember No Man's Sky? Remember FO76? (SIXTEEN TIMES THE DETAIL!)

I don't understand why people continue to fall for that crap. Sure be excited but come on.... How was the game supposed to revolutionize a 40 year old industry? There was no way that was going to happen. People bought into hype on this one so hard it beggars belief.

Lying about what's in your product is literally illegal in my country get a grip. This level of bootlicking for actions we absolutely do not tolerate in most of the world is unbelievable. "Yeah but lying is their job." I DON'T CARE, don't be surprised that when you sell an anti-capitalist product with far-left leanings while doing literally everything the product criticises and get the response from the anti-capitalist audience most hyped about the product that you deserve.

I'm with Bill Hicks on this matter.