Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

24 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

There is a mod for a 3rd person. I thought about modding the game then read the instructions and half way through reading said "fuck this" and stopped

That is me too exactly.  The standard response from the RedMod developers is to read the comments in the discord.  That pretty much is a "fuck this" response from me as I hate discord.

26 minutes ago, Captain Cobra said:

Naw, if you over-promise and under-deliver you deserve to get reamed for it just like NMS and 76 did.

100% agreed. I even agree that Cyberpunk deserved the critiscism as far as the console release and bugs went.

19 minutes ago, Alexi-0 said:

Lying about what's in your product is literally illegal in my country get a grip. This level of bootlicking for actions we absolutely do not tolerate in most of the world is unbelievable. "Yeah but lying is their job." I DON'T CARE, don't be surprised that when you sell an anti-capitalist product with far-left leanings while doing literally everything the product criticises and get the response from the anti-capitalist audience most hyped about the product that you deserve.

I'm with Bill Hicks on this matter. 

If you could just go ahead and point to the part where I said it was okay that they market things like that.... That would be greeeaaaat. 

Otherwise I would appreciate not being called a shill when I am anything but. I'm still pissed off at Todd Howard over FO76 and I didn't even play that game. He's lied before in marketing but the lies for FO76 were truly next level.

That does not change the fact that it is literally in the job description to hype a game as much as they can. It does not change the fact that customers need to stop being the sheep that they are and buying into every line the marketers put out.

Edited by sila
11 hours ago, sila said:

Again, overhyping your product is the job description for marketing teams. That includes lying about said product. Remember No Man's Sky? Remember FO76? (SIXTEEN TIMES THE DETAIL!)

I don't understand why people continue to fall for that crap. Sure be excited but come on.... How was the game supposed to revolutionize a 40 year old industry? There was no way that was going to happen. People bought into hype on this one so hard it beggars belief.

Badowski is not on the marketing team. He's that guy that  owns a literal third of the company and literally muscled his way onto the development team over the Witcher three vets. He's Management and Production, and has jack shit to do with marketing.

Edited by 27X
14 minutes ago, 27X said:

Badowski is not on the marketing team. He's that guy that  owns a literal third of the company and literally muscled his way onto the development team over the Witcher three vets. He's Management and Production, and has jack shit to do with marketing.

Do you think he would have been that guy that owns a literal third of the company for long if he had said the game was a dumpster fire that was being released way too early for its own good instead of actually pushing preorders?

Do you think that making public statements about the game your company is releasing is not part of marketing?

Edited by sila
11 hours ago, pinkfluf said:

Huh, mine are still...

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Controls_(Skyrim)

and here's cyberpunks keyboard ctrls if anyone wants to compare.

https://www.yekbot.com/cyberpunk-2077-pc-keyboard-controls/

Both games can be played on controller and both have about the same keys on kb&m, but my mods add like another 20 keybinds I think. Sexlab itself adds at least 10 or so.

10 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

That is me too exactly.  The standard response from the RedMod developers is to read the comments in the discord.  That pretty much is a "fuck this" response from me as I hate discord.

You got farther than I did apparently. I didn't know you also had to go to Discord for comments regarding the mods for further info just to mod it.  Don't get me wrong, I have dived into deep file changes (txt edits, etc) to mod games I wanted to mod. I just don't have the patience to do it now. I keep telling myself once I get a new rig I will start doing this again. Doubt I will though. lol.

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

You got farther than I did apparently. I didn't know you also had to go to Discord for comments regarding the mods for further info just to mod it.  Don't get me wrong, I have dived into deep file changes (txt edits, etc) to mod games I wanted to mod. I just don't have the patience to do it now. I keep telling myself once I get a new rig I will start doing this again. Doubt I will though. lol.

Well, it should get easier soon.  The first mod creation tutorial video should be coming soon (or so they said in the mod consumption tutorial video that dropped a week ago).  For me, when the Beth sponsored tutorials  dropped, it all got pretty easy and I started writing mods like crazy.

This really is way more powerful than creation kit in that you have access to the source code and they are using a Swift like language where you can subclass the entry classes and add your own variables and functions which should allow you to do pretty much whatever you want.  BUT,,, you have to at least have the source code for the headers so all the entry points are well documented.

We'll see.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:36 PM, sila said:

Honestly I thought the game was great even at launch, though it definitely had a lot of flaws and I am glad I was playing it on pc.

A lot of the criticism came from console users (which is fair, the ps4 version looked like hot garbage) and folks that were expecting Cyberpunk to be the second coming of Pong. Something that was going to redefine gaming as we knew it. I don't really get how people got so hyped up for it, but my expectations going into it at launch were "Decent rpg shooter in a cyberpunk setting" and that was exactly what I got.

The game has improved significantly since then. I am planning on doing another playthrough myself soon to check out some of the new updates.

The hype train and people jumping on the bandwagon to complain is what hurt the game initially.

Me personally, I had 2 problems with the game. One cyberpsycho mission wouldn't complete and a few places when I was trying to explore and climb up the sides of buildings would kill my toon for no obvious reason.

I had more issues with every Bugthesda game (with the exception of Morrowind) at launch than I did with Cyberpunk, and yet far to many asswipes on steam were trying to claim just the opposite.

17 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

Well, it should get easier soon.  The first mod creation tutorial video should be coming soon (or so they said in the mod consumption tutorial video that dropped a week ago).  For me, when the Beth sponsored tutorials  dropped, it all got pretty easy and I started writing mods like crazy.

This really is way more powerful than creation kit in that you have access to the source code and they are using a Swift like language where you can subclass the entry classes and add your own variables and functions which should allow you to do pretty much whatever you want.  BUT,,, you have to at least have the source code for the headers so all the entry points are well documented.

We'll see.

Yes, we will see. I it does show an easy path that isn't confusing or better yet, create a tool to install and uninstall mods. We will see this get much better. Having source code is nice but questionable. How much will they show? How much can they show?

On 9/28/2022 at 9:23 PM, sila said:

Do you think he would have been that guy that owns a literal third of the company for long if he had said the game was a dumpster fire that was being released way too early for its own good instead of actually pushing preorders?

Do you think that making public statements about the game your company is releasing is not part of marketing?

Do you think your junior high school level of semantic arguing means anything relevant to the discussion?

Honestly thought about giving it another try. I couldn't stand that the main character did nothing but bitch about dying, and I just watched the Netflix series...

Spoiler

Seriously, does all of Mike Pondsmith's stories end with the main character beelining it straight to death?

Edited by User39042
On 9/29/2022 at 2:49 AM, Evaloves4 said:

> ? Same was with "Witcher 3" on PC keyboard for my Prince at the beginning. He was pretty good and fast later on. :D

Same here, like Prince, I started really getting good at the keyboard / game and later on, I was taking on characters way higher than my level. High enough that a one or 2 shot would out right kill me.  Downside.. Not playing it for a long time, that skill faded quite a bit. Perhaps Prince experiences the same if he stopped playing the game.

3 hours ago, User39042 said:

Honestly thought about giving it another try. I couldn't stand that the main character did nothing but bitch about dying, and I just watched the Netflix series...

Hide contents

Seriously, does all of Mike Pondsmith's stories end with the main character beelining it straight to death?

Honestly, I hope they create a DLC where you can join a faction etc. and work from that and not have to have the main character. That would give a side of the game not experienced (more value) as well as an option to avoid that if they wanted to. That would be worth it IMO to play again (and perhaps again depending how well they fleshed that out) Think alternate start.

7 hours ago, 27X said:

Do you think your junior high school level of semantic arguing means anything relevant to the discussion?

You are the one that wanted to bring semantics into it.

As if Badowski's comments were not part of marketing for the game.... 

I enjoyed the game on launch but I was also extremely disappointed it wasn't the "true next gen RPG experience" we were promised all the way up until release. Night City and that whole world is such a perfect place for modding I was really hoping it would take off there as well. I'm wondering if RedMOD will change fortunes so that we may see actual content mods but part me wonders if it was too little, too late by CDPR.

Moddiers have done an amazing job with the limited tools and access they've had up until now but honestly the entry point is a big mess, so many things you need to install and no real "simple" way to do it, hoping RedMOD changes that somewhat.

I also kinda resent that the last gen versions being such a mess and the bugs took center stage as most of the issues with the game. People calling out all the broken promises about what the game was supposed to be were drowned out in that deluge and CDPR was more than happy to run with it.

Edited by Contessa
On 9/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, User39042 said:

Hide contents

It's a corporate dystopia in every sense, which is also part of the reason a lot of negativity went through people that finished the game without getting shit hammered by bugs or getting thrown off by Badowski's railroading after the heist, which was originally Blackhand retiring and giving you the biz which you were supposed to be able to keep... or not. That's what separates CP from everything else, especially RED. Even in WoD there were races and characters you could pick that were fluffy feely and warm and fuzzy and while the world could be hard to take, you could make a difference even in the official vanilla setting. CP? Naw. You are NOT the chosen one and even if you are, it's going to end badly, and frankly the best you can hope for is a death that meant something to someone in the trenches or your clique.

CP is very very grounded and the haves rigged the game against the have-not even before the game had started. Corporations own countries and therefore control the laws and rights of the average citizen and until the events of '77, nothing changes that until the world literally starts to end.

If you're looking for ShadowRun with less pointy ears and less magic, this ain't the place. Happy endings belong to those whom manufacture them, and even then it still tends to fail.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:57 PM, sila said:

As if Badowski's comments were not part of marketing for the game.... 

You clearly haven't the faintest fucking idea. No one here is giving access media any throughput and if you'd actually bothered reading instead of simply retreading a point everyone has been past in literal years, you might glean the points being made, which have jack shit to do with generic ass corporate marketing circa current year.

Edited by 27X

It's a nice and fun game, I guess. Nothing spectacular. Good characters, nice story so far but a shallow open world mixed with shallow RPG elements and a bit of a shallow immersive sim sprinkled in. I do however hate that the superficial RPG mechanics are used to dumb down the game like CDPR already did with Witcher 3, I loathe the MMORPG mechanics of getting the same weapons that do more or less damage depending on their level and the same enemies with the same outfits and same weapons either being pushovers or almost being immortal depending on their level relative to yours. It's a shit mechanic that's even worse here than in Witcher 3.

Games like this managed fine without this kind of bloat before.

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

It's a nice and fun game, I guess. Nothing spectacular. Good characters, nice story so far but a shallow open world mixed with shallow RPG elements and a bit of a shallow immersive sim sprinkled in. I do however hate that the superficial RPG mechanics are used to dumb down the game like CDPR already did with Witcher 3, I loathe the MMORPG mechanics of getting the same weapons that do more or less damage depending on their level and the same enemies with the same outfits and same weapons either being pushovers or almost being immortal depending on their level relative to yours. It's a shit mechanic that's even worse here than in Witcher 3.

Games like this managed fine without this kind of bloat before.

One thing that I could not shake when playing Cyperpunk 2077 is how much better Saints Row 2, a game that never had any pretensions of being an RPG, created a sense of a living, breathing city.

Grand Theft Auto 5 does it even better partly through sheer graphical horse power and budget so I would rather ignore that example in favor of something more attainable to any organization without billions of dollars to burn of development. CD Projeckt Red should have been able to manage what the Volition of old could manage.

Of course, modern Volition can not even manage what the Volition of old managed either so maybe it is not remotely as easy a feat as my words might have implied. 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:43 PM, 27X said:

It's a corporate dystopia in every sense ...Happy endings belong to those whom manufacture them, and even then it still tends to fail.

I don't mind a traditional Japanese ending, as it were, where the protagonist dies for a greater purpose. But, to make the character likable, you have to give them a cool character in such a scenario. I'd rather play as Johnny Silverhand, he wouldn't be a snivling crybaby if he had a terminal disease. And, wouldn't it make more sense, in a world were the best outcome is a good death and a lasting legacy, to shrug off a terminal disease? Hell, it might even give you more motivation to get shit done.

And, yeah, maybe I do like the cyberpunk genre that basis it's narratives on intrigue and conspiracies. And, maybe I do like being in the role of a character who makes a difference in the overarching goal of the narrative. If I wanted to live in a world where elites control everything, watch everything, control the minds of the massses through social engineering, and that I don't feel like I make much of a difference because intillegent conversation seems to be the enemy of humanity... I'd walk outside.

There can't be enough Cyberpunk games and movies. It's such an underestimtated genre. Cyberpunk 2077 did a lot right has a great atmosphere, nice characters, good story and cool combats. Unfortunately it was released too early but I don't regret buying it. And now with the mods it is even more worth to play.

4 hours ago, User39042 said:

I don't mind a traditional Japanese ending, as it were, where the protagonist dies for a greater purpose. But, to make the character likable, you have to give them a cool character in such a scenario. I'd rather play as Johnny Silverhand, he wouldn't be a snivling crybaby if he had a terminal disease. And, wouldn't it make more sense, in a world were the best outcome is a good death and a lasting legacy, to shrug off a terminal disease? Hell, it might even give you more motivation to get shit done.

And, yeah, maybe I do like the cyberpunk genre that basis it's narratives on intrigue and conspiracies. And, maybe I do like being in the role of a character who makes a difference in the overarching goal of the narrative. If I wanted to live in a world where elites control everything, watch everything, control the minds of the massses through social engineering, and that I don't feel like I make much of a difference because intillegent conversation seems to be the enemy of humanity... I'd walk outside.

Silverhand was on his way to cyberpsycho land and didn't achieve anything in the end. The tower and Arasaka still stand. And that's the whole point of the setting I guess, nothing you are able to achieve makes a difference in the end unless you count getting a drink in the Afterlife named after you.

22 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Silverhand was on his way to cyberpsycho land and didn't achieve anything in the end. The tower and Arasaka still stand. And that's the whole point of the setting I guess, nothing you are able to achieve makes a difference in the end unless you count getting a drink in the Afterlife named after you.

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Arasaka_Memorial

The original location was destroyed. A new tower was built.

23 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Red starts with Arasaka literally being removed from the continental NA by the military, which has forcibly absorbed Militech.

Edited by 27X

I started playing the game again after all the hype about the anime and "how good the game is now". It is certainly a lot better than it was at launch, I will admit that, and I'm kind of interested to see what they add next. I too am a heavy motorcycle user in that game, they really are king when it comes to navigation, as most of the cars seem to move like bricks on ice, even with all the updates IMO, they're just "more controllable" bricks on ice now.

I have yet to mod the game at all, though that will change once they finally stop updating it, since every time they update the game you have to update all of your mods, as I understand things (only it's worse than Bethesda games where only a few things may break after an update). Fuck that noise.