Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

2 hours ago, Whizkid said:

i enjoyed the story the most in cyberpunk, its not a sandbox game or even an rpg game, but that story telling was great, pity it was too hyped that people hate it lmao.... sure there are bugs etc... to each his own

Personally I don't 'hate the game', just to set the record straight. I just hate the people behind the game that decided to go... Well, 'full retard' (pardon my crudity), for the lack of a better term; When they where dealing with people voicing discontent with the product that they basically falsely advertised.

I mean the game was okay, when it ran smoothly. It wasn't the 'next best thing', but it wasn't 'bad' either. But the method that it was advertised, hyped, and spammed lies about how it 'runs surprisingly smoothly on older hardware'; That was just unacceptable.

And when they started outright hitting people with bans simply for voicing discontent... Well... They might as well just move their studio to North Korea or China, I'm sure they would fit in better there, with that kinda crap.

1 hour ago, Wandering_Mania said:

But the method that it was advertised, hyped, and spammed lies about how it 'runs surprisingly smoothly on older hardware'; That was just unacceptable.

Did they actually say that about older hardware? I remember my 1080 struggled with it pretty badly. Even medium settings I was getting like 30-50 fps at best even if I went down to 1080p.

Warhammer Online was a truly *epic* crash and burn by Mythic Entertainment - the company that brought us Dark Age of Camelot (pretty good game for it's time)   So was Shadowbane aka "So Laggy that You'll Rubberband Before You Know It"   And Age of Conan.  At least they gave you tits in that one.  

And yep, played all of them. 

Edited by Celedhring
1 hour ago, sila said:

Did they actually say that about older hardware? I remember my 1080 struggled with it pretty badly. Even medium settings I was getting like 30-50 fps at best even if I went down to 1080p.

Their wording was actually 'last gen' or 'the XBone and PS4' or something like that. But one would think that older PCs would still be able to handle it as last gen consoles are a good 10 year old hardware. At about the 2:20 mark in the following vid it has the direct quote. And yeah that quote aged like a fine gallon of milk.

8 hours ago, sila said:

weird my 1080 played fine on pretty high settings, the voice overs and animations were very immersive but the gameplay in open world was not engaging and boring so when story is done its just a boring game..., i think u need a pretty beefy cpu too and ssd drive, i did all three story was cool hehe

10 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Personally I don't 'hate the game', just to set the record straight. I just hate the people behind the game that decided to go... Well, 'full retard' (pardon my crudity), for the lack of a better term; When they where dealing with people voicing discontent with the product that they basically falsely advertised.

I mean the game was okay, when it ran smoothly. It wasn't the 'next best thing', but it wasn't 'bad' either. But the method that it was advertised, hyped, and spammed lies about how it 'runs surprisingly smoothly on older hardware'; That was just unacceptable.

And when they started outright hitting people with bans simply for voicing discontent... Well... They might as well just move their studio to North Korea or China, I'm sure they would fit in better there, with that kinda crap.

yea i didnt follow the hype much i.e. i just bought in that its cyberpunk which explains my expectation bar was normal... but it was a blast to play the story, pity open world is such a chore.... dumb ai and game doesnt suck u in to play after story is done...

On 10/10/2022 at 7:21 AM, RitualClarity said:

Finding good sources of independent well thought out and detailed reviews of any game is quite hard. Your experience is one reason.

One can still find a few of them on Youtube, suppressed though they may be. That said, one still might be better off finding the likes of Synthetic Man, Gmanlives, 21 Kiloton or Worth-A-Buy on other platforms such as Rumble when they have presence on multiple sites as they are less subject to censorship or throttling there.

Even Gaming Sins (be it GCN or Dartigan) tend to be better than the standard games journalism and they are first and foremost games commentary comedy.

41 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

One can still find a few of them on Youtube, suppressed though they may be. That said, one still might be better off finding the likes of Synthetic Man, Gmanlives, 21 Kiloton or Worth-A-Buy on other platforms such as Rumble when they have presence on multiple sites as they are less subject to censorship or throttling there.

Even Gaming Sins (be it GCN or Dartigan) tend to be better than the standard games journalism and they are first and foremost games commentary comedy.

21 Kiloton, I wholeheartedly agree with. Though his vids are on the 'longer' side (an hour or more). They are worth every second of the view time. That dude is one of the few who can actually both see the reality of things, and word them in a lucid, and intelligent way.

Sadly most of my thoughts get lost in translation from thought to text.

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I generally just look for actual gameplay for a game before deciding. A few episodes of a let's play usually decide whether I buy a game or wait for a sale.

Publishers can't lie about the actual gameplay after releasing the game.... 

i downloaded it again on steam to test out the new mods. still feels off... its not a bad game. there are just to many flaws for me to keep playing it, starting from the arcadish gameplay with the generic guns and crafting system, buggy 3person solutions, dull npcs and planned multiplayer i came to the conclusion that mods will not change much going forward

On 10/9/2022 at 9:06 PM, Wandering_Mania said:

I have been banned on the following hubs:

CP2077

Endless Space 2.

Last Epoc.

Saints Row 2.

Necromunda: Underhive Wars.

Picture Perfect

I hate to say it, but I see a trend here- I can be pretty snarky sometimes, yet somehow I have never *knocks on wood* been banned from any forum anywhere despite my criticism of several games (see above criticisms of CP2077, for example) and occasional disagreements with several forum owners/moderators.

Could it be because I never insulted anybody personally ("You're a fucking idiot" etc.)? I have never read any of your posts on Steam or elsewhere other than LL, so I don't really know, but it seems to me that you may be doing the Internet wrong...

Edited by Vyxenne
Because everybody else is a fucking idiot
29 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I hate to say it, but I see a trend here- I can be pretty snarky sometimes, yet somehow I have never *knocks on wood* been banned from any forum anywhere despite my criticism of several games (see above criticisms of CP2077, for example) and occasional disagreements with several forum owners/moderators.

Could it be because I never insulted anybody personally ("You're a fucking idiot" etc.)? I have never read any of your posts on Steam or elsewhere other than LL, so I don't really know, but it seems to me that you may be doing the Internet wrong...

Most all of those bans, with the exception of the CP2077 one, where because I pointed out a few flaws with the game; Got trolled by some passive aggressive A-hole, reported them, nothing was done, and got pushed to the breaking point of, yes personally attacking them. But when Steam moderation dose nothing to stop the passive aggressive A-holes, and allows them to goad hostile responses; That's just yet another failure of the system Steam uses for moderation.

With the Saints Row 2 one, the Picture Perfect, and Last Epoc ones; The the trolls where the devs themselves.

SR2; IdolNinja didn't like that I was attempting to warn them about taking EGS (Epic Game Store) 'exclusivity bribes'.

Picture Perfect; The solo dev didn't like the simple question I asked about some changes he made. Refused to answer that question, then banned me when I attempted to get an answer to it.

And Last Epoch; Well let's just say that don't try to bring up the use of MTX (Micro-transactions) in that pay to play game. Because the reason I got hit with a ban was so outlandish that I even put it in my review of that game and I'll copy/paste it here:

Spoiler

"After discussing MTX in a pay to play game like this one is; I get a permanent ban with the following message "We welcome people with a diverse range of perspectives". The hell they do! If they really welcomed different perspectives they wouldn't have set a permanent ban on me just for talking about the subject. Not to mention that that ban somehow also transfers to an in-game chat block. So in a MP game I can't even communicate to other players at all."

I mean what can I say? I'm very outspoken. But is that a reason for getting hit with permanent bans just for speaking my mind? Most would say no. But the corruption in the games industry runs deep with quite a few people; Just ask EA, UbiSoft, Activision/Blizzard, CDPR, and a slew of other game companies.

Have 90 hours of gameplay, did explored most angles of the map. Even caves and tunnels with suprises in it. Steam did cut the price a second time, so many people got hands on it.

Gameplay and vehicle handling is smooth, even ob a gaming laptop. Interesting mods are out, usable Metro System, Joytoy Hotscene swapper to have other characters there. There is many worthy stuff hidden in the map, rare weapons that level with you. Seems that we habe two ways for modding, the old CET and the CDPR Redmod method.

Stunning stuff, interesting jobs for the NCPD or the various fixers in the city. Worth a try for 30 bucks.

WOW CDRed released modding tools that people might know how to use before years ends, and ray tracing GPUs are almost becoming affordable. It’s amazing, 2023 may have 2 games that can outdo Skyrim: it only took 12 years!

All we need is modding tools for the lay person. A modding tool that lets a non-scripter mod. A point and click tool where the tool itself write the script. Call me a dreamer, yet the average lay person doesn’t know anything more than point and click as that’s how most PCs operate, there is no reason modding tools can’t do the same. We will just need drop down menus for action and reaction, dialog box imputes, a good text to speech engine, and programmers to add new animation and models.

Edited by aslab
On 10/9/2022 at 2:26 AM, Wandering_Mania said:

There are a few mods on the nexus, but nothing of the 'caliber' that would only be allowed here, rather than there. And I kinda doubt there ever will be something like SexLab, or AAF, made for 2077. Simply because of the borked Red-engine that 2077 uses. Even CDPR is abandoning it, as far as I've heard.

yes, i think so too now.

But even if its possible, ppl are more interested in clothings and accessoires and stuff like this, i mean, check the stupid mods on nexus  -  who needs 50 wardrobe "websites".... Only Mod which is worth to mention is the one where u can fly the car now (reminds me of good old "blade runner" with harrison ford).

1 hour ago, aslab said:

WOW CDRed released modding tools that people might know how to use before years ends, and ray tracing GPUs are almost becoming affordable. It’s amazing, 2023 may have 2 games that can outdo Skyrim: it only took 12 years!

All we need is modding tools for the lay person. A modding tool that lets a non-scripter mod. A point and click tool where the tool itself write the script. Call me a dreamer, yet the average lay person doesn’t know anything more than point and click as that’s how most PCs operate, there is no reason modding tools can’t do the same. We will just need drop down menus for action and reaction, dialog box imputes, a good text to speech engine, and programmers to add new animation and models.

RTX remix does raytracing on fixed function dx8 and 9 games so Skyrim will already run 77 better than 77 via aether suite.

No game is perfect because everyone has a different idea of what perfect is.    ...and even then, mods would be made to alter it.

Yes, it wasn't the end all, be all game of the century, but no game is, or ever will be. One could be made, but the production cost would bankrupt a mid-sized nation. The time needed to make it would be measured in decades, and the end user cost would be in the low 5 figures, if you were lucky.      ...and people would still find something to whine about with some aspect of it.

Seeing as a current high-end game costs about the same as a good meal that's over with within an hour and you won't see again until you flush, I figure if I get enjoyment out of playing it, and it has any replay value at all, I'm not taking a loss...

2 hours ago, aslab said:

WOW CDRed released modding tools ...

Lul, now that they've dumped RED and swapped to UE5.

44 minutes ago, sila said:

here is a mod for cyberpsychosis now.

Seriously this should have been in the base game...

Speaking about what should have been in the base game~ What would have been essential to the base story developement is more netrunner stuff. Because, you can correct me if I'm wrong, it's of my humble opinion that in the CP2077 universe, being alive in the net but dead in physical reality isn't really the same thing as what we would consider dead. As mopheus said, "What is real? How do you define ‘real’? If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then ‘real’ is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain." Being alive in the CP2077 net is not being dead, but just an altered state of existence, or at least that's what it should have felt in my opinion. It would have made the main ending more palatable at least. Not to mention, the net in CP2077, and the collapsed net, whatever it was called, is a pretty cool setting for story telling.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:15 AM, Whizkid said:

too hyped that people hate it

Funny thing is, when they brought Keanu out, and everybody cheered, I thought to myself, "Ah shit, this is going to be another peice of normie garbage." I like Keanu, but pulling in a big actor sell it, big red flag for mediocrity. 

15 minutes ago, User39042 said:

Funny thing is, when they brought Keanu out, and everybody cheered, I thought to myself, "Ah shit, this is going to be another peice of normie garbage." I like Keanu, but pulling in a big actor sell it, big red flag for mediocrity. 

Honestly I thought Keanu played Silverhands fairly well.

I agree it was kind of a red flag though. It screamed "we need a big name to carry the game because it can't stand on its own merits" to me.

At least the game has improved... I am going to add that psycho mod and a few others and play the game how it should have been at launch. Including a combat rebalance. Bullet sponges in a shooting game are so disappointing. Only someone chromed out of their mind should be taking as many shots as it does to kill things in base game.

Edited by sila
11 minutes ago, User39042 said:

The thought I had when he showed his face was simply: "Welp... There's goes a possibly good game down the crapper."

Because I can't really see him being anything more than the 'Wannabe Rockstar Bonehead' that was Ted 'Theodore' Logan in the 'Bill & Ted' movies. And it even fits the profile of Silverhand.