Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

14 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

I went in with no preconceptions.   I saw a trailer or two and it didn't actually look like my cuppa tea.  What I found was a great game with a great story and was a blast to play on the PC.  I think CDPR's big problem was that they released it on consoles.  I found one major bug.  One and there was a work-around for it.  Beyond that, it worked flawlessly for me and my machine was no state of the art thing.

This 100% is perfect waifu no bad ever take isn't even a kind of credible.

Even if the game worked flawlessly without bugs, the simple fact is this is not the game they advertised or promised directly with ASSETS. Not vague promises or half assed market speak is not present. The DLC they said was free is paid, the two "DLCs" they gave were bare minimum content fixes, and their own staff said the game was two years too early and missing a MINIMUM of 40% of the games' content. None of that has anything to do with platform or bugs.

6 hours ago, mircislav said:

Not much but, some NPC voice reaction in fight, NPC reaction in quests involving driving and chasing, moving trough crowd when NPC bump into you... but thats' just my opinion.

Oh, well, I guess that's understandable. But I have to say that's also probably more by coincidence due to common use terms, and reactions, in the English language.

On 10/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, fishburger67 said:

All you guys beating up on CP2077.

Not all of us agree.  In my view, it is clearly the best game to play this year, hands down, no competitors.

Honestly, I'd be hard pressed to disagree. First thing I've played in ages that has managed to distract me from Bethesda games for any length of time.

Ya'll know Sasha Grey right?

Cyberpunk 2077's DLC Will Have A Radio Station Hosted By Sasha Grey

https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-dlc-sasha-grey-ash-phantom-liberty-radio-1849666755

and

Cyberpunk 2077’ Hits 90% Positive Reviews On Steam For The First Time

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/10/25/cyberpunk-2077-hits-90-positive-reviews-on-steam-for-the-first-time/?sh=24aca12b6752

Edited by fishburger67
43 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

Ya'll know Sasha Grey right?

Cyberpunk 2077's DLC Will Have A Radio Station Hosted By Sasha Grey

https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-dlc-sasha-grey-ash-phantom-liberty-radio-1849666755

and

Cyberpunk 2077’ Hits 90% Positive Reviews On Steam For The First Time

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/10/25/cyberpunk-2077-hits-90-positive-reviews-on-steam-for-the-first-time/?sh=24aca12b6752

There was legitimate reason to be displeased with Cyberpunk at launch but I definitely think they have done a respectable job of turning it around. The fact that Edgerunner gave it such a huge second wind gives me hope that the next games might be better.

I hope CDPR learned from the mistakes made developing that game but time will tell. I certainly don't trust them enough to preorder again any time soon.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:24 PM, sila said:

I hope CDPR learned from the mistakes made developing that game but time will tell. I certainly don't trust them enough to preorder again any time soon.

Well, I doubt they'll be any hurry to repeat that experience. They came within a hair's breadth of wrecking the franchise on their first outing. I doubt they'll forget in a hurry.

But yeah, don't pre-order. Pre-ordering is for gonks.

[edit]

Spelllign errurs.

Edited by DocClox
8 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

For once I can agree. Pre-ordering was at one point useful where there was 'physical disk limitations'; But now in the age of digital distribution, and infinitely replicateable copies of games, it's an outdated practice.

Yeah, exactly. 

The only times I've done it since digital era was when I was fairly confident I was going to enjoy a game and wasn't sure if I would have cash for it on launch.

I really hate that publishers started adding incentives for preordering though. Stuff like preorder dlc.

Hell remember when they were trying to do kickstarter style stretch goals where they would only add certain things to the game if they got a certain number of preorders? Deux Ex Mankind Divided and a few other games tried it.  Thank god that failed....