Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:56 AM, Wandering_Mania said:

Most all of those bans, with the exception of the CP2077 one, where because I pointed out a few flaws with the game; Got trolled by some passive aggressive A-hole, reported them, nothing was done, and got pushed to the breaking point of, yes personally attacking them. But when Steam moderation dose nothing to stop the passive aggressive A-holes, and allows them to goad hostile responses; That's just yet another failure of the system Steam uses for moderation.

Ā 

The problem is that the Internet has an infinite supply of idiots. Defeating one in a battle of wits not only makes you look like a bully, it's also a waste of time since there's alwaysĀ  second idiot waiting to take the first one's place.

The way I see this... CDPR must have lost (or fired) the best stuff they had... You can't even compare Blood and Wine with Cyberpunk in any way. They screwed up so many things all the way and now release they future plans? I think CDPR is gone for good and won't make any game with the quality Blood and Wine has.

They are talking about their plans for how long period - 10, 20 years from now...? I'll be long dead and gone until than so I don't give a shit about their plans... The more I play CP77 (started two month ago) the more I am astonished how they ruined something that could be an excellent game.

Shame, almost perfect voice acting ruined with everything else... they even managed to ruin storytelling which was CDPR strongest side...

Yes, I think they are done as gaming studio - greed wins again, sadly...Ā 

Ā 

And, Act 1... is exemplary of (I can't find enough insulting word to describe it)... And they want to make new Witcher??? No... not likely, ever.

Even mods (which greatly improve it) can't make this game better...

Ā 

P.S.

Funny, after all this years of gaming, Skyrim (modded, of course - thank's to all talented mod authors) remains to be best game ever made (my personal opinion) to which I always happily go back to play with...

Edited by mircislav
3 hours ago, mircislav said:

I think CDPR is gone for good and won't make any game with the quality Blood and Wine has.

Not ready to write them off yet personally. They may have missed the mark by a wide margin with CP2077, but they won't fuck up their trademark IP. That would sink them.

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

That would sink them

Yes, that what I was saying - this CDPR has nothing in common with CDPR from 2016. I posted on their forum (post was deleted), they must started thinking with their asses and put the brains on hold... as I said, greed is rarely involved in making good things... forgot their roots and passion...

Also, I think, cancel culture has found nice nest over there...

Edited by mircislav
11 hours ago, DocClox said:

The problem is that the Internet has an infinite supply of idiots. Defeating one in a battle of wits not only makes you look like a bully, it's also a waste of time since there's alwaysĀ  second idiot waiting to take the first one's place.

True enough. But Steam "support" using 99% copy/pasted replies, and refusing to admit any wrongdoings and/or abuse of power, by devs/moderators, only exacerbates the problem.

Valve/Steam has no control of their own platform; And it's going down the crapper quickly. It's being taken over by trolls and bullies, some being in the form of the devs/moderation staff that Steam gives excessive amounts of power too.

Ā 

7 hours ago, mircislav said:

Ā I posted on their forum (post was deleted), they must started thinking with their asses and put the brains on hold...

Naa. It's like I said a few pages back. They started hiring moderators with 'God Complexes'. I got perma-banned for a PM that was in an "appeal" comment section, for a BS warning, that was only politely, and respectfully, stating that 'one of their devs had made a false equivalency'. And that I was 'more than a little bit dissatisfied with 2077'.

Ā 

I mean what the point of an "appeal" process, when they can perma-ban you for attempting to do so, and get away with it scoot free.

Ā 

12 hours ago, mircislav said:

I'll be long dead and gone until than so I don't give a shit about their plans...

I think the entirety of the human race will be long dead, them included, by that time.

15 hours ago, mircislav said:

The way I see this... CDPR must have lost (or fired) the best stuff they had... You can't even compare Blood and Wine with Cyberpunk in any way. They screwed up so many things all the way and now release they future plans? I think CDPR is gone for good and won't make any game with the quality Blood and Wine has.

They are talking about their plans for how long period - 10, 20 years from now...? I'll be long dead and gone until than so I don't give a shit about their plans... The more I play CP77 (started two month ago) the more I am astonished how they ruined something that could be an excellent game.

Shame, almost perfect voice acting ruined with everything else... they even managed to ruin storytelling which was CDPR strongest side...

Yes, I think they are done as gaming studio - greed wins again, sadly...Ā 

Ā 

And, Act 1... is exemplary of (I can't find enough insulting word to describe it)... And they want to make new Witcher??? No... not likely, ever.

Even mods (which greatly improve it) can't make this game better...

Ā 

P.S.

Funny, after all this years of gaming, Skyrim (modded, of course - thank's to all talented mod authors) remains to be best game ever made (my personal opinion) to which I always happily go back to play with...

Ā 

Ā 

The team that made blood and wine literally does not exist anymore, however the team that made blood and wine is not the W3A team, it was the B team; when blood and wine was in production w3a was working on cyberpunk before badowski caused everyone to quit.... twice. CDPR went through both W3A and B teams before Badowski declared himself god emperor of polish game development.

4 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

And then there's also this; No matter how much better the game performs, or how many bug have been fixed, the story in it is still pretty bad by most standards. As explained in detail in the following vid. And sorry, but it is a very long one, and the best I've seen yet

Ā 

Yeah, well this video isn't wrong.

Another youtuber, called it out pretty good. Said that everyone is complaining about the bugs, and I do mean e v e r y b o d y. Bugs this, glitches that. Yet, in Skyrim, you can fling a horse light speed into the sky like a rail gun or get unlimited septims from a merchants inventory chest in the ground. Yet, outside of those who have to work with Bethesda's fucked up assets in modding, nobody cares about the bugs and that's because Skyrim was hella fun and it was hella fun because they didn't force the story down on you, they allowed you to wander at your own pace with your own style into the story that they created. You literally can experience most of the game playing other quest lines, in which there are several mods that remove Dragonborn content, and the game is still fun. Try removing the main story from CP2077, what'd be left? A couple gay love stories to tick that LGBQT box? A taxi quest that references Portal 2 so that normies feel like their cool because they 'get' the reference? A cybernetic dildo quest with humor that rivals 20th season Family Guy? They should have had JB to write the quest, his Nuka World humor is significantly more cultured, but I guess the normies wouldn't like it...

The diversity of paths possible make Skyrim unique in its replay-ability, Cyberpunk does not have this but the story that is there is a pretty good dystopian tale albeit with only sad endings. I have to think its more the flavor of the story people dont like. I wont have the embarrassing number of hours in Cyberpunk that I do in Skyrim but its been a blast, I did get lucky in starting playing right after 1.6 patch so I did not encounter many bugs at all even throwing piles of mods in the game. CDPRs biggest mistake imo was a lack of 3rd person in a game with all the cool gear and a character creation system or not being able to continue after the games ends.

2 hours ago, User39042 said:

Ā 

Yeah, well this video isn't wrong.

Another youtuber, called it out pretty good. Said that everyone is complaining about the bugs, and I do mean e v e r y b o d y. Bugs this, glitches that. Yet, in Skyrim, you can fling a horse light speed into the sky like a rail gun or get unlimited septims from a merchants inventory chest in the ground. Yet, outside of those who have to work with Bethesda's fucked up assets in modding, nobody cares about the bugs and that's because Skyrim was hella fun and it was hella fun because they didn't force the story down on you, they allowed you to wander at your own pace with your own style into the story that they created. You literally can experience most of the game playing other quest lines, in which there are several mods that remove Dragonborn content, and the game is still fun. Try removing the main story from CP2077, what'd be left? A couple gay love stories to tick that LGBQT box? A taxi quest that references Portal 2 so that normies feel like their cool because they 'get' the reference? A cybernetic dildo quest with humor that rivals 20th season Family Guy? They should have had JB to write the quest, his Nuka World humor is significantly more cultured, but I guess the normies wouldn't like it...

Exactly. As bad as the Fallout 4 story was, revolving around a macguffin. And how bad the Skyrim story was, basically ending up massive collateral damage because of dragon attacks. They where both avoidable. Once you got out of the Vault in FO4, you never had to give 2 squirts of piss about the macguffin. And in Skyrim you could just ignore the main quest entirely, and never activate the 'mass murderers'.

Ā 

But with CP2077; The biggest mistake of all was made; By forcing on the player, an item that poses a sense of urgency, within the first act. And yeah I get it 'there are no happy endings' because it's a 'dark dystopian future'; But when every single ending, no matter what you do, pretty much ends up with V having 'no hope of surviving very long' (if at all); At that point it's like they where trying to make everyone depressed.

Ā 

I mean these are supposed to be games that are an escape from reality. If I wanted to be depressed I'd just sit and stare at my normal boredom, and at the 'life' I'm not allowed (long story behind that, left out here).

4 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

I mean these are supposed to be games that are an escape from reality. If I wanted to be depressed I'd just sit and stare at my normal boredom, and at the 'life' I'm not allowed (long story behind that, left out here).

Ā 

I wonder if the CP story (I have not even finished the first mission in the city) reflects cultural differences.Ā Ā  There is a saying that those of us in the west say "Oh my, it can't possibly get worst, can it?"Ā  while in Russia it is "It is going to get worse, and likely a lot more worse."Ā Ā Ā  As for the overall trend in gaming, the non gamers have come in and taken over.Ā Ā Ā Ā  These are people who claim to be gamers, because they played mario kart once, or have Angry Birds on their cell phone.Ā Ā 

Ā 

First there are the pioneers, where there is no "road to success", then there are the entrepreneurs who find which dirt path will make a great road, then come the developers (game) who pour concrete and make the road easy to travel by others, even adding great side paths (moddable content), then come the profiteers who just see how much money can be made off of this.Ā Ā Ā Ā  This is where we are, game companies no longer feel the need or the urge to honor those that came before, but who simply view IP as money making or agenda promoting mechanisms.

9 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Ā As for the overall trend in gaming, the non gamers have come in and taken over.Ā Ā Ā Ā  These are people who claim to be gamers, because they played mario kart once, or have Angry Birds on their cell phone.Ā 

Not only that, there are people that actively try to destroy the games that they claim to enjoy, coming in. And it's not just higher profile ones like a certain A.S. (I wont say her full name as I'm not he promoter);

But then there also groups like 'The Goonies' in Eve Online who where adamantly 'anti-industry', hosting an event called 'hulkageddon', where they would pay bounties for the kill-mail of any 'unarmed mining ship' which was ganked in 'Empire/Safe(er)' space. Which drove off most of the best industrial players of the game, causing the economy to take a nose dive. And CCP never really took the imbalance of the 'Empire space ganking' ease seriously. And after the Goonies took over the 'CSM' (Counsel of Stellar Management) things got even worse.

Ā 

9 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

First there are the pioneers, where there is no "road to success", then there are the entrepreneurs who find which dirt path will make a great road, then come the developers (game) who pour concrete and make the road easy to travel by others, even adding great side paths (moddable content), then come the profiteers who just see how much money can be made off of this.Ā Ā Ā Ā  This is where we are, game companies no longer feel the need or the urge to honor those that came before, but who simply view IP as money making or agenda promoting mechanisms.

It's not all game companies that do that. But most of the 'AAA' ones surely do.

Once a really long time ago I tried playing The Witcher 3, and couldnā€™t get into it. I then tried playing the Witcher 3 a year later on a 3d projector in 3d, and found The Witcher 3 to be one of the best games I have ever played. Now I only play games in 3d, and would love to see holographic gamming become mainstream.

Ā 

Donā€™t know why Iā€™m saying this here but I havenā€™t bought cyberpunk yet. I guess the main thing holding me back is no proper 3rd person mode. Also, I am waiting for the current high-end GPUs to go down in price. Looking to get an RTX 3080 Ti performance for under $450

Edited by aslab
1 hour ago, Wandering_Mania said:

It's not all game companies that do that. But most of the 'AAA' ones surely do.

Ehhh.... Name one AAA game publisher that doesn't do that. I used to think highly of CDPR and Bethesda, but that ship sailed years ago. I don't think there is a single big company left that treats players fairly.

Ā 

The gems come from Indie devs nowadays.

25 minutes ago, sila said:

Ehhh.... Name one AAA game publisher that doesn't do that. I used to think highly of CDPR and Bethesda, but that ship sailed years ago. I don't think there is a single big company left that treats players fairly.

Ā 

The gems come from Indie devs nowadays.

Okay, so that was extremely optimistic, but poor, wording on my part; Because I haven't known of one for the past 10 years, including CDPR. But I have seen some indie devs start to tread that path as well.

Ā 

I mean Bethesda was on by blacklist, until just recently (they have been bumped down to the watch list), because of the FO4 'Creation Club'. But if Starfield goes the way of 76, which reviews will tell me, but I will not buy it until I am positive it is at least acceptable; Then they be put right back on my blacklist.

11 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Ā 

I wonder if the CP story (I have not even finished the first mission in the city) reflects cultural differences.Ā Ā  There is a saying that those of us in the west say "Oh my, it can't possibly get worst, can it?"Ā  while in Russia it is "It is going to get worse, and likely a lot more worse."Ā Ā Ā  As for the overall trend in gaming, the non gamers have come in and taken over.Ā Ā Ā Ā  These are people who claim to be gamers, because they played mario kart once, or have Angry Birds on their cell phone.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No. Anyone that thinks happy endings exist in CP simp[ly hasn't played the game or read anything related to the universe. It's still entirely an american game with a distinctly american outlook.

Ā 

By all accounts team 3A/B got the premise, got the feel and tone, and got the mechanics. Then enter captain must be most cinematics of alls time mans most premium playable movie and here we are.

Edited by 27X
On 10/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, mircislav said:

Yes, that what I was saying - this CDPR has nothing in common with CDPR from 2016. I posted on their forum (post was deleted), they must started thinking with their asses and put the brains on hold... as I said, greed is rarely involved in making good things... forgot their roots and passion...

Also, I think, cancel culture has found nice nest over there...

Ā 

It's hilarious when people who consider devs their livestock, mere cattle existing only for you to live off their work, waffles about "roots and passion". These people tried to finish the game in the middle of a pandemic. Stop trash-talking about passion when you give a f*ck about their health and their life.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

Ā 

No. Anyone that thinks happy endings exist in CP simp[ly hasn't played the game or read anything related to the universe.

Ā 

Still doesn't excuse an ending that makes about as much sense as an anvil dropping out of the sky. The waffling about Johnny taking over the body wouldn't fly in a high school biology exam.

Ā 

Not to mention that the fundamental founding literature of the genre has plenty of surviving protagonists.Ā  In Johnny Mnemonic, Johnny ends up in a position where he can blackmail former clients. More - Cyberpunk the RTG game on which 2077 is founded even had a "Hardwired" supplemental, and Hardwired has an astoundingly positive ending, with Sarah and Cowboy ending up with no enemies standing and a powerful new friend.

Ā 

It's still entirely an american game with a distinctly american outlook.

Ā 

2020 already had plenty of links to anime/manga culture - and 3.0 still topped that. So it's a bit more complex than that.

1 hour ago, OH1972 said:

It's hilarious when people who consider devs their livestock, mere cattle existing only for you to live off their work, waffles about "roots and passion". These people tried to finish the game in the middle of a pandemic. Stop trash-talking about passion when you give a f*ck about their health and their life.

I find it funny that people have so easily taken to blaming the pandemic for all the faults of everything. I mean, during the pandemic they where able to work from a place of complete comfort, their own homes. Granted there are some 'difficulties' in doing that, but not as many as people seem to think there are.

Ā 

1 hour ago, OH1972 said:

Still doesn't excuse an ending that makes about as much sense as an anvil dropping out of the sky. The waffling about Johnny taking over the body wouldn't fly in a high school biology exam.

But I will agree, that the trend of a lot of games has become: 'Let's throw a massively depressing ending, that looks half baked at people.'

I mean at least make one of them a happy ending, personally I would say the Nomad ending would have been the best option to do that.

Ā 

But CDPR basically took the mistakes of EA and Mass Effect 3 with the ending, and ran with it. Bethesda with the story in FO4, and ran with it, then made it even worse. And both EA and Bethesda with the release of the game in the state that it was, while 'promising the world' beforehand.

I think the stories in Skyrim and Fallout 4 are terrible. I couldn't even finish Fallout 4 it was so bad. But now they're two of my most played games because of the mods. I'm hoping the same thing happens with Cyberpunk. Regardless of the bugs (which I have not encountered yet) and the quality of the story (which I haven't gotten far enough into to really say for myself) I love the setting and would love to see the mod community work its magic with quest mods like "Troubles of Heroine" and roleplay mods like "Hardship". Mods that let you become a Joy Toy or a BD porn star. New NPCs you can have relationships with. All that fun stuff.

29 minutes ago, Penny Patton said:

I love the setting and would love to see the mod community work its magic with quest mods like "Troubles of Heroine" and roleplay mods like "Hardship". Mods that let you become a Joy Toy or a BD porn star. New NPCs you can have relationships with. All that fun stuff.

Well, as I said a page or so back; I kinda doubt that would happen. And that's simply because the RedEngine is complete crap. I mean, when you have a studio that even admits by vocal, and method of action, that it's so bad that they had to completely abandon it; It's really speaking volumes. I know how many people, myself included, talking about how bad the Creation Engine is, but even Bethesda haven't completely given up on it yet; And that thing started as the extremely old 'GameBryo Engine', something that was never intended to handle what it does today. So it really goes to show you; It could be worse, a lot worse. And the RedEngine is the now abandoned example of that.

3 hours ago, OH1972 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Not to mention that the fundamental founding literature of the genre has plenty of surviving protagonists.Ā  In Johnny Mnemonic, Johnny ends up in a position where he can blackmail former clients. More - Cyberpunk the RTG game on which 2077 is founded even had a "Hardwired" supplemental, and Hardwired has an astoundingly positive ending, with Sarah and Cowboy ending up with no enemies standing and a powerful new friend.

Ā 

Ā 

2020 already had plenty of links to anime/manga culture - and 3.0 still topped that. So it's a bit more complex than that.

Ā 

77 leads directly to Red and there isn't jack shit Gibson about that. CP also covers the adoption of Japanese pop and culture through a lens of pure consumerism, which Pondsmith has covered at length for years.

3 hours ago, OH1972 said:

Kido, watch your tongue. And keep your preaching and propaganda for yourself.

Edited by mircislav

Finished two post-1.6 endings as a female. Had to romance Judy.

Starting my second playthrough as a male - because I actually prefer Panam.

And I have to say - I thought Keanu Reeves didĀ  a fantasticĀ  job creating a persona you care about.

I have hundreds of games I could be playing now (thanks Epic), but I prefer to spend my time in Cyberpunk 2077.