Site is back up after extended downtime

On 1/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, axz2 said:

I've been getting a lot of 520 errors for a couple of weeks now.  Fortunately when I reload the page loads, if not the first time then the 2nd or 3rd.

520 errors becoming more common and sometimes I have to reload the page more like 4 or 5 times now to get it to load, but I can still always get the page to load eventually.

For the last few days its been getting worse every day.  Its getting close to unusable now with all the 520 errors.   In addition to the pages getting 520 errors, even once the pages load links within the page to LL content give their own 520 errors.  Someone said they were on FIOS and they don't get the errors.  I'm also on FIOS but I've been getting a ton of them.

9 hours ago, TommyEs said:

@Ashal

Hey there, I'm unsure why but since yesterday the site is going off, and I need to refresh it quite a lot so that it works again.

I'm getting this almost permanently

image.png.4e7e35358b95ce8349f556fc5e30bf86.png

9 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Site has been borderline unusable for the past several days with all the 520 errors.  Every navigation takes at least half a minute of reloading to get the page to open.

4 hours ago, axz2 said:

For the last few days its been getting worse every day.  Its getting close to unusable now with all the 520 errors.   In addition to the pages getting 520 errors, even once the pages load links within the page to LL content give their own 520 errors.  Someone said they were on FIOS and they don't get the errors.  I'm also on FIOS but I've been getting a ton of them.

FYI - Using Firefox and comcast and have no such issues.

8 hours ago, axz2 said:

CloudFlare, like most CDN networks, is a distributed bunch of localized caching reverse-proxies. They colocate their endpoints in random providers' data centers around the World, and rely on those providers' network connectivity in order to reach the backends from which the canonical versions of content are ultimately served (sometimes through multiple tiers of local/regional/national caches). If the particular CloudFlare endpoints to which your browser is being directed (typically those topologically closest to your client on the Internet) are experiencing network connectivity issues reaching the backend for the site, those 5xx errors are what you'll see. It could be due to any manner of reasons, from problems with the local endpoint connections, to massive packet loss because two backbone providers are arguing over who should pay to upgrade the bandwidth on a link between them.

Given the above, it shouldn't be all that surprising some people are seeing no error and others (like me) are reloading pages or actions 4-5 times to get them to go through. It's frustrating, but I don't know what can be done other than complain to CloudFlare, wait it out, or convince the LL staff to switch to a different CDN (and given the content hosted here and history of denial of service attacks it's seen, there may not be all that many CDN companies willing to take this site on).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

CloudFlare, like most CDN networks, is a distributed bunch of localized caching reverse-proxies. They colocate their endpoints in random providers' data centers around the World, and rely on those providers' network connectivity in order to reach the backends from which the canonical versions of content are ultimately served (sometimes through multiple tiers of local/regional/national caches). If the particular CloudFlare endpoints to which your browser is being directed (typically those topologically closest to your client on the Internet) are experiencing network connectivity issues reaching the backend for the site, those 5xx errors are what you'll see. It could be due to any manner of reasons, from problems with the local endpoint connections, to massive packet loss because two backbone providers are arguing over who should pay to upgrade the bandwidth on a link between them.

Given the above, it shouldn't be all that surprising some people are seeing no error and others (like me) are reloading pages or actions 4-5 times to get them to go through. It's frustrating, but I don't know what can be done other than complain to CloudFlare, wait it out, or convince the LL staff to switch to a different CDN (and given the content hosted here and history of denial of service attacks it's seen, there may not be all that many CDN companies willing to take this site on).

Jen broke the internet. There we have it. ?

Probably related to the same Cloudflare issues: when I try to login to loverslab through the Wabbajack settings I get stuck during the authentication phase: as soon as I successfully entered the password and get prompted to Continue as (my recognized username) , after clicking on my username, I get stuck  on a blank screen and the login process never finalizes. When looking at the wabbajack log files I see repeating 503 errors every 0.2-1 sec similar to the next entry:

"Got a 503 from https://loverslab.com/oauth/token/ retrying in 412ms"

Through Opera I have access to the site, but if I try e.g. through Edge I 'm even stuck before reaching the site at the DDoS protection from Cloudfare :

Checking your browser before accessing www.loverslab.com.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds…

DDoS protection by Cloudflare
Ray ID: 6d9512f44a5983e1

Not sure if the Cloudflare DDOS I see in Edge is a result from the Wabbajack retries  or is also at the root of the Wabbajack issues, but I hope there is a workaround....  ?

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The orange notification bar is doing my head in. Every time I visit the site I think I've been banned again. ?

:classic_laugh: At least, it got your attention. So far, we can give @Ashal postive feedback: The audiene took note that there is a message :classic_laugh:.

That part of the communication is working