Site is back up after extended downtime

8 hours ago, Ashal said:

Apologies to all for the extended downtime past couple days. Hopefully things are in a state now that that won't happen again for awhile, if ever.

While the site is back online, you may notice several missing features or stuff not working as you'd expect. The most notable of these being search and download categories not showing files from the subcategories. I'll be restoring these, along with various other minor stuff that was removed, one at a time over the next few days to make sure none of them break the site again.

Thank you for the hard work and quick response.

Also is it not a question IF bad things happen as they are inevitable but WHEN they happen.

They only thing we can try is to prepare for these occasions if we can expect them.

My guesstimation is we should not see another such event for at least a year based on previous LL experience.

8 hours ago, Ashal said:

Apologies to all for the extended downtime past couple days. Hopefully things are in a state now that that won't happen again for awhile, if ever.

While the site is back online, you may notice several missing features or stuff not working as you'd expect. The most notable of these being search and download categories not showing files from the subcategories. I'll be restoring these, along with various other minor stuff that was removed, one at a time over the next few days to make sure none of them break the site again.

No matter how long it takes, I'm just glad you're back. Without LoverLabs, something would be missing. LoverLabs is a piece of individual freedom ?

14 minutes ago, Dice9SA said:

Hi, how do I join the LoversLab discord?

Go to the homepage (where all the Forums are). On the right side of the screen, beneath "New Topics", beneath "New Files", beneath "Blog Entries" is a mysterious blue button which has the word "DISCORD" printed on it. Click that at your own peril. There's no telling where you might end up!

12 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Site is definitely running alot slower. But I'm sure that's to be expected. On profiles especially.

I looked at your profile, and it took under a second. In context, with my internet, BAR is still downloading after 3 hours, and Witcher 3 before Christmas took 4 and half days, (Which reminds me that I should actually play it at some point).

3 hours ago, Juliette Tango said:

Um... barely! Over 10 minutes to access a message.

Give it time. Rome was not built in a few hours... or rebuilt. It may take some time to sort out everything, and I can say that things are moving much faster now than when I asked about it a few hours before your post.

6 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

I looked at your profile, and it took under a second. In context, with my internet, BAR is still downloading after 3 hours, and Witcher 3 before Christmas took 4 and half days, (Which reminds me that I should actually play it at some point).

First I forgot to say this : THANK YOU to the staff who managed to restore the site! Appreciate all the work it must have taken. (I apologize for not stating that earlier!)

Ok, well then it must just be for certain regions of the country. All I know is, something was up when I got on earlier today. Around the time I posted that comment. And for reference, I'm running Verizon Fios. (gigabit connection both down and up.)  So my internet has absolutely nothing to do with it. I can download any game currently available on any platform, regardless of size in under an hour. I have not checked to see if it's rectified as of now. As it was entirely intermittent earlier, and of course, I chocked it up to issues relating to the downtime. Server software/the database taking a bit longer then usual to respond.

All I'm saying is, just because you don't have the issue on slower internet, doesn't mean the issue wasn't present period. I'm also not bashing the site. Absolutely love this site. Simply saying, I was running into slow downs. Nothing more, nothing less.

PS: And no I'm not bitching. Just echoing someone else's comments that ya, there at least WAS an intermittent problem. Again, no big deal. That is to be expected once a site recovers. The forum is back up, I'm happy.

Final EDIT: But testing stuff out so far again, the issue seems to have resolved itself, which I figured it would. Back to normal operation so far for me.

Edited by Hakufu1021