Site is back up after extended downtime

Be aware, of the two servers that LL uses, one is defective  and now taken offline.  The second defective server is also what caused the navigation slowdown for many members.  See my To Lovely Ashal thread which garnered attention on the issue.  Insofar as uploads... that is hit and miss at this point rather than full-on death.  At last, I am able to upload my own content, but there is still slowdown and possible time-outs until the second server is dealt with.  It is possible that the blogs were on the second server as well, which would explain much. Please be patient.

13 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

It is possible that the blogs were on the second server as well, which would explain much. Please be patient.

There are no significant differences about the two servers.

And they update each other quite often.

Sure, site is still not at top speed but compared to the last 2 weeks we are perfectly usable now.

2 hours ago, CPU said:

Sure, site is still not at top speed but compared to the last 2 weeks we are perfectly usable now.

Two month actually.  Likely the first, it was TDA who reported slowdown on January 17th,  And inconsistency reports began not long after on the 24th.  Though problems were initially smaller, the problem with the server had been going on longer than you might have realized.  I just felt... this thread was being overlooked by staff since everyone was quite happy the board was back up.  Just kept on giving thanks as it were.

I wonder... hrm...  :D   Gonna send a li'l PM to someone.... ;)

Excuse me but what the absolute hell is wrong with the site recently? It's been like a full month and it's just permanently down when I try to go on normally.

I just always get the "Cloudfare always-online" nonsense instead. And yet the site loads fine if i'm in incognito mode, which for obvious reasons, is incredibly annoying to have to do every time.

Can someone please explain why the hell this is happening because I have no freakin idea,

41 minutes ago, Leytra said:

Excuse me but what the absolute hell is wrong with the site recently? It's been like a full month and it's just permanently down when I try to go on normally.

I just always get the "Cloudfare always-online" nonsense instead. And yet the site loads fine if i'm in incognito mode, which for obvious reasons, is incredibly annoying to have to do every time.

Can someone please explain why the hell this is happening because I have no freakin idea,

Well, now it should be working for you ? It was a faulty server, it has since been repaired. so things should be working now

9 hours ago, Ashal said:

Though it may be time I start thinking about adding a 3rd.

Do that later. First, you get yourself a nice tea/coffee and a few thousand hugs from us ?

Edited by worik

Finding the source of these multiple-glitches and temporarily turn second server to offline mode, was smart solution!?
Many thanks to all team with dear Ashal at the head and to bravehearted @longdukdong for his help on behalf of LL's community!? I keep my fingers crossed for You in tweaking the second server.?

Spoiler

LongDukDong, you lucky man!?
donald-duck-love.gif.d7dae295130eeb08e27cc959ee3575e7.gif

Edited by smartfon
I read that the second server is fixed
On 4/15/2022 at 3:10 PM, Ashal said:

The faulty server is fixed and back up now so site should be back to normal-ish. Though it may be time I start thinking about adding a 3rd.

Since the issues occurred, I can't use my unread search function settings. (where I select the items I have posed in )  It is empty. I can see everything but not the items i post in. I really like that feature as I can quickly follow up on the important post that I have had a conversation in. Hopefully this can be fixed as well.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:26 AM, Leytra said:

the issue, is that is still is not.

Try cleaning your cookies and any temp files to make sure it isn't hanging on those. If you have any ad blockers or other web protections make sure they are off for the site (for testing) to see if something has been done settings wise that is doing that. I have had some problems with various pages and only learned one of my add ons was doing it.

• Ashal unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Iolya said:

Am I the only one not being able to enter the site without using a VPN? Just getting stuck in an endless Cloudflare "checking if the connection is secure"... With the VPN being turned on, there is no Cloudflare check at all.

Maybe you should just use another DNS server. I got no problem with the DNS primary 1.1.1.1 and secondary 1.0.0.1.

Or try another one like google or open DNS or whatever.

https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/best-dns-servers/

3 hours ago, Iolya said:

Am I the only one not being able to enter the site without using a VPN? Just getting stuck in an endless Cloudflare "checking if the connection is secure"... With the VPN being turned on, there is no Cloudflare check at all.

Same here. Everything worked fine few days ago (about 2 days ago, i think). DNS change doesn't seem to help, but VPN do.

Edited by D Hine