Site is back up after extended downtime

Same for me. I'd say 3 weeks and getting worse each week.

Anything I click takes 5 to 40 seconds. Makes it close to unusable. Once and a while a page will load normal, but then you click to add a message, follow, edit etc... all the little things and they take 20 seconds, or don't work at after waiting and I have to reload.

I removed cookies, helped a little bit.

Normally using Edge, but tried chrome and no difference.

37 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Same for me. I'd say 3 weeks and getting worse each week.

Anything I click takes 5 to 40 seconds. Makes it close to unusable. Once and a while a page will load normal, but then you click to add a message, follow, edit etc... all the little things and they take 20 seconds, or don't work at after waiting and I have to reload.

I removed cookies, helped a little bit.

Normally using Edge, but tried chrome and no difference.

Chrome, Chromium and Edge use the same engine, so it's pretty normal. Same for Brave and Opera. You can try Firefox or Safari.

2 hours ago, Benmc20 said:

Chrome, Chromium and Edge use the same engine, so it's pretty normal. Same for Brave and Opera. You can try Firefox or Safari.

Sorry,  I use a Mozilla-based derivative.  So browsers using Netscape-like system such as Firefox have the same issues.  Switching from one browser to another will not remedy this.

9 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Likewise, tried both Firefox and Chrome, both experience the same delay.

Things have gotten worse with the Download Manager:

The ERROR UPLOADING FILE thread....
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/187505-error-uploading-file/?do=findComment&comment=3720680

IF an attempt to upload your file appears successful with the upload saying 'done', you better doublecheck first.  While the upload manager claims it uploaded successfully, the download manager does not reflect this and the newly uploaded file doesn't show or does not exist.

With this issue, the Download Manager is not just having difficulties.  It appears to be no longer functional for new mods to be added or updated.

Also noticing the performance issues, its like a load balancer isn't working as i tried to download a file and got 22kb download rate, cancelled it and then refreshed the page and tried again and got 4.5-6mb download rate (which is about normal)

Same sort of thing when i check notifications (that might take ages to load or load quickly) and when i open up one notified thread in a new tab its immediate, another might take a minute to load and then the next new tab is immediate again

42 minutes ago, worik said:

If it is helpful as a data point: pageloading varies in the last hour between 30 seconds and beyond 2 minutes  :classic_unsure:

Everything is slow (20-120 seconds) with Firefox and Edge, but strangely, one second or less with Chrome at 02:56 here in Central USA (07:56 GMT). Very Strange.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:05 AM, VirginMarie said:

Its rare, but sometimes I get an actual error from CloudFlare... This...

1.png   Took 3 tries to upload this image without a fail.

Troubleshooting a CloudFlare Gateway Timeout error 524

What Is the 524 Gateway Timeout Error?

The 524 gateway Timeout Error is a Cloudflare-specific HTTP status code that indicates that the connection to the server has been closed due to a timeout.

I get this everytime I try to access the site on my computer, been like this since about October 2021 so I just haven't been able to access the site at all. currently on my phone writing this and can't update any of my mods

EDIT: Tried it on Edge and i can get into the website, seems it just doesnt work on Brave at all (screenshot of it being down on brave and working on edge)

image.png

Edited by Spiders_Venom
update