Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

Updated from 1.54 to 1.55 and the Sexlab menu disappeared, with no update message. Everything worked fine with the previous versions, updates included. If I can't get back the menu with the console command I'll probably be discarding this mod. I'm not starting a new character nor going through a rocketry course just to get it working again.

Evidently you aren't bothering to read back a page or two in the comments to see how many other people have reported the same problem either.

Opening the console and entering "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" and waiting a couple (real time) minutes solves this problem for some people so start there.

Doing that alone wasn't enough for my game. But uninstalling Sexlab then running the console command in game then saving; then reinstalling sexlab and running the command again worked for me. That method has also worked for other mods (for  me) where menus have disappeared (for whatever reason) and the command hasn't brought them back without further intervention.

Validating your Skyrim install has never been a part of doing a clean save. Doing so will revert any cleaned vanilla master files (which you should do if you haven't), but more importantly will also uninstall various parts of SKSE.

• Run the tes5edit cleaning on the master files - (video guide here)
  • Reinstall SKSE 1.7.0 from archive (not installer)
  • Reinstall SkyUI 4.1
  • Disable all sexlab mods - There is no point in actually removing all the related files, just disable the esm and esp's related to SexLab.
  • Run the latest version of BOSS or preferably run the latest build of LOOT - Don't ignore the summary logs from either, check for important erro
  • Run FNISforUSERS
  • Start a new game and get through character creation (use Alternate Start to do so quickly)
  • Once running around in game again make sure nothing is broken and you can save, quit, and load the game reliably (thus proving any crashes or infinite loading is or isn't sexlab related)
  • Download/install Savegame Script Scalpel and follow these instructions on how to clean the save file you want to upgrade/use SexLab 1.55 on (back it up first)

1) Open "PDTWrapper.exe"

2) Click "Select ESS" and navigate to your saves folder and chose your most recent save file

3) Click "Load Papyrus Section" and let it run. (Can take some time)

4) Once finished, click the "Analysis" tab and you should be presented with some text showing you how many script instances aren't attached to anything and how many with no class definitions. Take note of what options it gives you.

5) To clean this, on the right hand side, will be the "Basic Cleaning" option. Click "Remove Unattached Instances" and let it run and do its thing.

6) Once this is complete click "Remove Instances" under "Instance Operations" and again let it do its thing.

7) Done!

• Load the save to make sure everything is still working wait in game for anything script related that might be going on to finish, wait a couple hours in game, save (in a new slot just in case), quit, load the new save again, make sure still working after that to, quit game.
  • Install/reinstall SexLab 1.55
  • Activate SexLab.esm and nothing else
  • Run the latest version of BOSS or preferably run the latest build of LOOT - Don't ignore the summary logs from either, check for important errors.
  • Run FNISforUsers
  • Start Skyrim and load the cleaned and tested save
  • Watch for notifications in the top left that SexLab is installing, may take a minute or two.
  • Check the for the SexLab Mod Configuration menu entry
    • If nothing shows up enter "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" into console and wait a minute or two again.
    • If still nothing shows up and there is still no SexLab menu entry or the expressions/voices/animations sections are empty, then post a debug log
    • Any post complaining about this not including a debug log is next to useless in troubleshooting a script heavy plugin like SexLab - now go back and look at how many posts are complaining about a problem yet not including a debug log and understand my general annoyance/pain
  • Save and exit your game once the SexLab menu entry is there.
  • Enable other SexLab mods one at time, making sure you're using the latest version of each and confirming they work in game before installing the next one.
  • Congrats, you've now done the very steps that would solve 95% of the stuff people complain about in Skyrim modding, both SexLab related and not.

So is this needed to do a proper upgrade to the new version of SexLab?

If so wouldn't it be just as easy to nuke my whole game and start from scratch?

Hi, I have v1.55 installed and everything works fine except female pc doesn't equip a strap-on during animations; I have the option selected and calyps' strap-on is listed in the rebuild section of mcm, also they equip fine on npc's just not the pc.  Never had this problem in 1.39 and have tried upgrading, clean save install (disablemod, save, uninstall, reload game load, save, exit game. clean save with savegame scriptscalpel (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?), reload save, save game exit. install v1.55).

Has anyone else experienced this (a search of the forum results with a different issue to this), any advice / help would be appreciated as its a bit of an immersion killer but I don't want to go back to 1.39 if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance

Regarding this (albeit minor but very annoying) issue I have since discovered that if I enter inventory during animation, the strap-on is equipped (so just not being displayed); and although I cannot successfully unequip it, as it is immediately re-equipped, that re-equipping causes it to be displayed on the pc, so at least it is a kinda workaround. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me if their character equip the strap-on normally during animations or not, just so I can tell if the glitch is on my  end or not.

Validating your Skyrim install has never been a part of doing a clean save. Doing so will revert any cleaned vanilla master files (which you should do if you haven't), but more importantly will also uninstall various parts of SKSE.

• Reinstall SkyUI 4.1
  • Disable all sexlab mods - There is no point in actually removing all the related files, just disable the esm and esp's related to SexLab.
  • Run the latest version of BOSS or preferably run the latest build of LOOT - Don't ignore the summary logs from either, check for important erro
  • Run FNISforUSERS
  • Start a new game and get through character creation (use Alternate Start to do so quickly)
  • Once running around in game again make sure nothing is broken and you can save, quit, and load the game reliably (thus proving any crashes or infinite loading is or isn't sexlab related)
  • Download/install Savegame Script Scalpel and follow these instructions on how to clean the save file you want to upgrade/use SexLab 1.55 on (back it up first)

1) Open "PDTWrapper.exe"

2) Click "Select ESS" and navigate to your saves folder and chose your most recent save file

4) Once finished, click the "Analysis" tab and you should be presented with some text showing you how many script instances aren't attached to anything and how many with no class definitions. Take note of what options it gives you.

5) To clean this, on the right hand side, will be the "Basic Cleaning" option. Click "Remove Unattached Instances" and let it run and do its thing.

6) Once this is complete click "Remove Instances" under "Instance Operations" and again let it do its thing.

7) Done!

• Load the save to make sure everything is still working wait in game for anything script related that might be going on to finish, wait a couple hours in game, save (in a new slot just in case), quit, load the new save again, make sure still working after that to, quit game.
  • Run the latest version of BOSS or preferably run the latest build of LOOT - Don't ignore the summary logs from either, check for important errors.
  • Run FNISforUsers
  • Watch for notifications in the top left that SexLab is installing, may take a minute or two.
    • If nothing shows up enter "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" into console and wait a minute or two again.
    • If still nothing shows up and there is still no SexLab menu entry or the expressions/voices/animations sections are empty, then post a debug log
    • Any post complaining about this not including a debug log is next to useless in troubleshooting a script heavy plugin like SexLab - now go back and look at how many posts are complaining about a problem yet not including a debug log and understand my general annoyance/pain
  • Enable other SexLab mods one at time, making sure you're using the latest version of each and confirming they work in game before installing the next one.
  • Congrats, you've now done the very steps that would solve 95% of the stuff people complain about in Skyrim modding, both SexLab related and not.

Much easier, yes. How valuable the couple of hours (at the very most) it would take to do those steps depends on where you are in your current game and how important it is to retain any quest advancement. 

I'd suggest doing most everything in that list anyway (other than the save game cleaning steps) even when starting a new game. Just throwing a bunch of scripted mods willy nilly into your game is a sure course to disaster.

• Reinstall SkyUI 4.1
  • Run FNISforUSERS

1) Open "PDTWrapper.exe"

7) Done!

• Run FNISforUsers

Much easier, yes. How valuable the couple of hours (at the very most) it would take to do those steps depends on where you are in your current game and how important it is to retain any quest advancement. 

I'd suggest doing most everything in that list anyway (other than the save game cleaning steps) even when starting a new game. Just throwing a bunch of scripted mods willy nilly into your game is a sure course to disaster.

Well I will give it a shot I'm new to this so I have a lot to learn... I did a Tes5Edit of the master files already thanks to Gopher's video it made it easy...

What I'm wondering if you don't mind helping me w/ your opinion... I currently use NMM to handle all my installs even If I package them together myself... but This Mod Organizer that I heard of...

Is it better or not worth the trouble... Someone said if you use it and you have mods its easier to nuke your game and put it in and then start using it.

But I don't have a clue if I should do that or not?

• Reinstall SkyUI 4.1
  • Run FNISforUSERS

1) Open "PDTWrapper.exe"

7) Done!

• Run FNISforUsers

Well I will give it a shot I'm new to this so I have a lot to learn... I did a Tes5Edit of the master files already thanks to Gopher's video it made it easy...

What I'm wondering if you don't mind helping me w/ your opinion... I currently use NMM to handle all my installs even If I package them together myself... but This Mod Organizer that I heard of...

Is it better or not worth the trouble... Someone said if you use it and you have mods its easier to nuke your game and put it in and then start using it.

But I don't have a clue if I should do that or not?

I was sooooo tempted to suggest mod organizer when I wrote the above, but left it out. YES. MO, once you learn the basics, makes it much easier to maintain your game environment and test upgraded or interesting mods without affecting your main play through. 

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer is the go to place for complete text documentation and guidance. http://forum.step-project.com/forum/62-mod-organizer-support/ is the place to ask questions.

About nuking your game? I'm not sure, except that I did :) The reason I did was I used the Step Guide http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8 to get a new base install (still pristine in an MO profile) and then went on to heavily modify the game environment to my tastes. But look around on that documentation and forum, you'll probably find an authoritative answer.

Doing that alone wasn't enough for my game. But uninstalling Sexlab then running the console command in game then saving; then reinstalling sexlab and running the command again worked for me. That method has also worked for other mods (for  me) where menus have disappeared (for whatever reason) and the command hasn't brought them back without further intervention.

What I'm really wishing for these days is for someone to take up the MCM menu code and fix it. The bug is in that code and it hasn't been updated since last June which tells me the original author(s) have moved on.

I find the very suggestion that I have even the remotest amount of patience for answering questions tragically amusing. Considering 80% of my replies are simply "Read the fucking OP and/or FAQ." But in my defense 80% of the complaints could be resolved by simply reading the fucking OP and/or FAQ.

Ignoring that though, I'll agree props to Waxenfigure for responding to the majority of technical related questions that I more often than not just groan at and try to pretend doesn't exist. You're a better man than I.

It's easy but takes more time, I write the response I'd like to say first and then edit it for a more appropriate response.

I'm still amazed at how many people can still not read anything when it's in big bold letters that are meant to catch the eye. Likewise how many people have the exact same problem that's been answered repeatedly in the last few pages of posts, they hurt themselves more than they hurt me because by failing to read back a ways in the forum they end up waiting for an answer they could have used already.

No, that was the best way to fix a problem where someone used Steam's verify game cache function. That action replaced updated files installed as a part of the SKSE mod and then running with those can cause all sorts of additional problems. That long procedure is how to clear the save game reliably and get everything installed and working again.

The normal upgrade procedures are in the original post and by carefully following them you should be fine.

I haven't seen much about this in search of this thread (or reading the OP).

Was there any changes to ValidateActor( )?

Since 1.55 at least, I noticed a tendency of SexLab to fire up scene on top of other scenes, regardless of the use of ValidateActor( ) to test for actors readiness.

Granted, I am using several mods in parallel, with competing needs = Hormones, SD+, Aroused - and I have to say, SexLab crashes a lot less now even with multiple scenes running on top of each other.

So.. is there anything I should change in my code to use ValidateActor properly?

Is it possible to automatically have a female character (including player) equip the schlong from SOS during Sexlab sex, for whoever is in the "dominant" pose? I don't usually wear the cock and neither does NPCs, but I  want the cock to show only during sex. Right now I have "females equip strap-ons" in Sexlab settings unchecked, but that causes characters to not wear strap-ons but not have a visible cock either.

You could you sos equipable shclong and set it as a default strapon in sexlab. Tho it have some wierd positions sometimes. I also runed into some belly jewelery mod (elwin jewlery i bealive) that uneqiped sos unp schlong from my character for some reason. So when i wanted it i just took off the belly piercing and boom - insta futanari. As for more legitimate solutions - i don't think sexlab has such an option build in.

How do I set SOS schlong as default "strap-on" in Sexlab?

Use this:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20826-sos-equipable-schlong-and-more/

I'm already using that. Elaborate?

Is it possible to automatically have a female character (including player) equip the schlong from SOS during Sexlab sex, for whoever is in the "dominant" pose? I don't usually wear the cock and neither does NPCs, but I  want the cock to show only during sex. Right now I have "females equip strap-ons" in Sexlab settings unchecked, but that causes characters to not wear strap-ons but not have a visible cock either.

You could you sos equipable shclong and set it as a default strapon in sexlab. Tho it have some wierd positions sometimes. I also runed into some belly jewelery mod (elwin jewlery i bealive) that uneqiped sos unp schlong from my character for some reason. So when i wanted it i just took off the belly piercing and boom - insta futanari. As for more legitimate solutions - i don't think sexlab has such an option build in.

How do I set SOS schlong as default "strap-on" in Sexlab?

Use this:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20826-sos-equipable-schlong-and-more/

I'm already using that. Elaborate?

Re-enable strapons, then on the last sexlab mcm page, at the lower right, you should see a list of strapons. Click each of the strapons other than the SoS one (they'll drop off the list). if you don't see the SoS strapon at all, click the text at the top of the list (re-register strapons, or words to that effect).

So my Papyrus log is showing a "Cannot open store for class "sslphantomslots", missing file?" line even when I just start the game and exit from the main menu (not even loading or starting a save). Is this one of those errors that we're supposed to ignore or should I be worried about starting/continuing a save with it? I went through the FAQ and troubleshooting before searching the thread, but the only other reference to this error that I could find was someone else asking about it, though no one replied.

For reference, this happens with nothing but Skyrim v1.9.32.0.8 (neither DLC active), the Unofficial Skyrim Patch v2.0.3, SKSE v1.7.0, SkyUI v4.1, FNIS 5.0.2 (with spells and creatures add-ons) and SexLab Framework v1.55. I ran Generate FNIS for Users with none of the patches checked before loading the game, and my load order is USKP, SL, SkyUI and FNISSpells. I pasted the Papyrus Log in the spoiler tag below for reference, but that's the only error on it. Sorry about the long post, but I just wanted to be as detailed as possible. I'd be grateful for any help with this, even if it's just reassurance that it's harmless.

[05/08/2014 - 02:27:32AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[05/08/2014 - 02:27:32AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)
[05/08/2014 - 02:27:32AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[05/08/2014 - 02:27:41AM] Cannot open store for class "sslphantomslots", missing file?
[05/08/2014 - 02:27:46AM] VM is freezing...
[05/08/2014 - 02:27:46AM] VM is frozen
[05/08/2014 - 02:27:46AM] Log closed

Seems like this question keeps getting asked and never responded to and I've been digging on my own for a while for a solution: the sexlab diary isn't updating at all which wouldn't normally be a problem (don't really care about such things), but SexlabGuildv9.0 is dependent on the sslActorStats set in the diary; so it's impossible to use that mod. I've tried doing clean, save, uninstall, load, save, reinstalls; looking at the scripts in TESEdit to try to find where the values are getting set; even opening my save and trying to adjust the values there. There seems to be a few dozen extra references to each value in the save file (like it'll have "sslActorStats.Oral 60", "sslActorStats.Oral 85", etc etc), but without knowing more about how SKSE saves work I can't really fiddle with them that way without causing crashes--if there isn't even supposed to be that many in the first place. But it does seem like there should be only a single set of set values in the SKSE savefile, it's not like Sexlab is keeping diaries of NPCs is it? Paparus Logs also don't seem to give much of a clue as to what's happening, but it's definitely not calling anything like "UpdateActorStats()" that I can find, nor is it reporting any errors related to that element of SL. 

Great work on the framework so far Ashal. Its almost unreal how much work you do :D

Im just curious if anyone have tried Skyrim Immersive Creatures with sexlab? im thinking about installing it and wondering if it works good with it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24913/?

I noticed this in the patchnotes and got curious.

• Added some missing creatures and creatures from Skyrim Immersive Creatures to their supported creature animations

As someone with all the computer savvy of a clod of dirt I wonder if someone can explain what the trouble with the installer is, and whether or not this is a general rule sort of thing with installers since I am usually grateful for them.

Thanks

its been a while since i play skyrim and my last SL is v1.39 , when i see v1.55realese i try to install it , and everything going smooth except when i try load new save with sl 1.55 its always corrupt , when i roll back to my old SL save just fine. i already update all mod that SL req need , everything is up to date but still makes my new save with sl 1.55 always corrupt....

can someone know wat bug that maybe i have? need some advice here :(

its been a while since i play skyrim and my last SL is v1.39 , when i see v1.55realese i try to install it , and everything going smooth except when i try load new save with sl 1.55 its always corrupt , when i roll back to my old SL save just fine. i already update all mod that SL req need , everything is up to date but still makes my new save with sl 1.55 always corrupt....

udated skse? wa version u runing?

I have been having the same issue. 

I am running SKSE 1.07 from the installer, the latest FINS, and the latest Sky UI.

I am thinking about installing SKSE manually and hoping that might solve the issue but I am not certain.  

After the above, i am not sure what else to try.  The only thing I can think of is the Custom skeleton I am using but I am not sure if that would cause this corruption in the save file.