Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

Just wanted to say....

Version 1.55 works great on a completely new game. Haven't had any issues at all with it. Only issue I have had is with SexLab Defeat, not SexLab itself. But using Matchmaker, Romance, and even Nusbie Voices and everything works great.

Thanks for everything. :)

First, the basics: I'm using latest Skyrim from Steam, SKSE 1.70 Alpha. FNIS 5.02 and SkyUI 4.1. I have upgraded SL with every new release, up to and including 1.55. The only two related mods I am using are Matchmaker and Working Girl, plus Aeon's strapon.

Since 139b, my facial expressions have not worked. No matter how I enable them in MCM, with or without other things enabled, they just don't work. I get stone-faced participants moaning through an apparently-excruciating (based on the pained, frozen expressions) sex experience. The good news is that all animations seem to be working fine.

Unfortunately, when I upgraded to 1.55, I lost MCM menus. I have tried un- and re-installing Sexlab and related mods, I have carefully read the FAQs and Troubleshooting guide, and nothing I do gives me the MCM menu for SexLab. The console command specified in the FAQs to be used when MCM menus do not appear is invalid- entering

setstage SK1_ConfigManagerInstance 1
results in a console/script error. Here is a screenshot of what the console reports about that command:

attachicon.gifSexLabSetstageFixFail.jpg

I uninstalled SL 1.55, Matchmaker and Working Girl completely, cleaned my save using SaveTool, ran GenerateFNISforUsers, reinstalled SL 1.54 and ran BOSS, but got CTD after hitting "Load" and selecting my save file. I tried to start a new game and got an ILS (Infinite Loading Screen).

I uninstalled SL and related mods completely, cleaned my save, ran GenerateFNISforUsers, ran BOSS and validated Skyrim files with Steam, but again, got CTD on Load and ILS on New Game.

On a hunch, I reinstalled SL 1.55, Matchmaker and Working Girl, ran GenerateFNISforUsers, BOSS and got CTDs trying to load my 4 latest manual saves, but oddly, was able to load an AutoSave 5 saves back from my latest save.

So now I'm kind of back where all of this started- animations seem to work, but no MCM and no expressions. If anybody has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Can you say "Major screw up"?

Ashal answered you above with instructions on fixing this but didn't reference your post so I'm just adding this post to make sure you catch the answer.

I think that's understood, by validating SKYRIM with STEAM, you roll back (?) the files to pre SKSE point, in addition any enb files no longer work.

In my latest attempt to move to 1.55, indeed only 1 Sexlab appeared in MCM. After I was satisfied that sexlab still was working, I exited cells (autosave) checked MCM, Oh Fuck, No Sexlab in MCM . ??????????

Pinky if I recall I suggest s/he do that in another thread it was brought up. :)

But since you said you can go back a number of saves and it works. It honestly sounds a bit like what happened to Gopher with his Stiv lets play. One of the mods he was using caused a corruption in his saves and over time it finally broke. When it did he had to go back like 50 saves to get one that would load and work. He tried save cleaner and everything and nothing worked. Eventually he just had to start over which is why he now does lets play with Richard instead of Stiv. He also completely removed all his mods and started rebuilding the mod list. I don't know if he reinstalled skyrim or not, I don't think he said.

I know that is likely not the answer you are looking for or hoping for but it might be the problem.

I TES5Edit-cleaned all 4 of my Master Files (Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm and Dragonborn.esm) long ago, and I did so again yesterday after Steam "verified my game cache" and installed stock files again.

To those who said cleaning saves to start a new game made no sense to them, please re-read my post. I cleaned the save and then tried to load that save- when that didn't work, I tried to start a new game to see if the issue was save file corruption (which wouldn't affect a new game). Since New Game didn't work either, that told me that the issue was probably in the game itself- my Master Files (or ini's)- which is why I verified my cache in Steam. It had nothing to do with cleaning saves.

And so sorry, my NutBuddy, but I do not understand your "Stiv let's play" or "play with Richard" references. However, I applaud you- sounds kinky to me.

Oh, and it's "she." :shy:  You somehow got a slash character stuck in the middle of it... :P

First, the basics: I'm using latest Skyrim from Steam, SKSE 1.70 Alpha. FNIS 5.02 and SkyUI 4.1. I have upgraded SL with every new release, up to and including 1.55. The only two related mods I am using are Matchmaker and Working Girl, plus Aeon's strapon.

Since 139b, my facial expressions have not worked. No matter how I enable them in MCM, with or without other things enabled, they just don't work. I get stone-faced participants moaning through an apparently-excruciating (based on the pained, frozen expressions) sex experience. The good news is that all animations seem to be working fine.

Unfortunately, when I upgraded to 1.55, I lost MCM menus. I have tried un- and re-installing Sexlab and related mods, I have carefully read the FAQs and Troubleshooting guide, and nothing I do gives me the MCM menu for SexLab. The console command specified in the FAQs to be used when MCM menus do not appear is invalid- entering

setstage SK1_ConfigManagerInstance 1
results in a console/script error. Here is a screenshot of what the console reports about that command:

attachicon.gifSexLabSetstageFixFail.jpg

I uninstalled SL 1.55, Matchmaker and Working Girl completely, cleaned my save using SaveTool, ran GenerateFNISforUsers, reinstalled SL 1.54 and ran BOSS, but got CTD after hitting "Load" and selecting my save file. I tried to start a new game and got an ILS (Infinite Loading Screen).

I uninstalled SL and related mods completely, cleaned my save, ran GenerateFNISforUsers, ran BOSS and validated Skyrim files with Steam, but again, got CTD on Load and ILS on New Game.

On a hunch, I reinstalled SL 1.55, Matchmaker and Working Girl, ran GenerateFNISforUsers, BOSS and got CTDs trying to load my 4 latest manual saves, but oddly, was able to load an AutoSave 5 saves back from my latest save.

So now I'm kind of back where all of this started- animations seem to work, but no MCM and no expressions. If anybody has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Can you say "Major screw up"?

Ashal answered you above with instructions on fixing this but didn't reference your post so I'm just adding this post to make sure you catch the answer.

Yes, I can say "Major Screw Up." Can you say  "when you have tried everything else and still can't load any saves OR start a new game even with mods disabled it's time for more drastic action?" :angel:

As it happens, it worked- after re-cleaning my new master files, I am now able to get back in-game using my latest Autosave. So I respectfully disagree that it was a screwup- major or minor.

I was able to find Ashal's comprehensive post without too much trouble, and knew that it was at least partly in response to my post, although several others have voiced similar issues here. I'm redownloading SKSE and SkyUI as I type this and will follow his instructions to try to restore SL's MCM and expressions.

Hi,

It's certainly a "stupide" question but i prefere to be sur before to regret it :

I'm running with v1.39b, and i would like upgrading it to v1.55.

Should I use "older than v1.20" upgrading instuctions ? or am I in a "black hole".

1.55 is fine, the bugs and issues are peoples own inability to do proper clean saves when upgrading or follow simple instructions listed in the FAQ and troubleshooting thread. I have absolutely no plans for a 1.56 at the m

Are you sure ???   because if so I   could release my sexlab extra customized animation  package for 1.55

( like 8 new animations including  Holtof Animations )

it will overwrite sslanimationdefualts.pex and behaviour.hkx  ! and sexlab_fnis file!

Would be great :D

This was the first time Sexlab was troubling me... I had the Disappearing-MCM-Issue, too.

What did work for me to get it running again was quite simple:

Installed Slab 1.55

Started Game (got no update message, MCM Menu disappeard)

Saved Game

Opened saved game with "Save Game Script Cleaner" (it's on Nexus)

Searched for all Script entries with "ssl" and deleted them

Started Game with this cleaned Savegame

Now I got the Slab installing Message, MCM Menu is back (even with my old settings) and everything seems to be working fine.

Validating your Skyrim install has never been a part of doing a clean save. Doing so will revert any cleaned vanilla master files (which you should do if you haven't), but more importantly will also uninstall various parts of SKSE.

• Run the tes5edit cleaning on the master files - (video guide here)
  • Reinstall SKSE 1.7.0 from archive (not installer)
  • Reinstall SkyUI 4.1
  • Disable all sexlab mods - There is no point in actually removing all the related files, just disable the esm and esp's related to SexLab.
  • Run the latest version of BOSS or preferably run the latest build of LOOT - Don't ignore the summary logs from either, check for important erro
  • Run FNISforUSERS
  • Start a new game and get through character creation (use Alternate Start to do so quickly)
  • Once running around in game again make sure nothing is broken and you can save, quit, and load the game reliably (thus proving any crashes or infinite loading is or isn't sexlab related)
  • Download/install Savegame Script Scalpel and follow these instructions on how to clean the save file you want to upgrade/use SexLab 1.55 on (back it up first)

1) Open "PDTWrapper.exe"

2) Click "Select ESS" and navigate to your saves folder and chose your most recent save file

3) Click "Load Papyrus Section" and let it run. (Can take some time)

4) Once finished, click the "Analysis" tab and you should be presented with some text showing you how many script instances aren't attached to anything and how many with no class definitions. Take note of what options it gives you.

5) To clean this, on the right hand side, will be the "Basic Cleaning" option. Click "Remove Unattached Instances" and let it run and do its thing.

6) Once this is complete click "Remove Instances" under "Instance Operations" and again let it do its thing.

7) Done!

• Load the save to make sure everything is still working wait in game for anything script related that might be going on to finish, wait a couple hours in game, save (in a new slot just in case), quit, load the new save again, make sure still working after that to, quit game.
  • Install/reinstall SexLab 1.55
  • Activate SexLab.esm and nothing else
  • Run the latest version of BOSS or preferably run the latest build of LOOT - Don't ignore the summary logs from either, check for important errors.
  • Run FNISforUsers
  • Start Skyrim and load the cleaned and tested save
  • Watch for notifications in the top left that SexLab is installing, may take a minute or two.
  • Check the for the SexLab Mod Configuration menu entry
    • If nothing shows up enter "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" into console and wait a minute or two again.
    • If still nothing shows up and there is still no SexLab menu entry or the expressions/voices/animations sections are empty, then post a debug log
    • Any post complaining about this not including a debug log is next to useless in troubleshooting a script heavy plugin like SexLab - now go back and look at how many posts are complaining about a problem yet not including a debug log and understand my general annoyance/pain
  • Save and exit your game once the SexLab menu entry is there.
  • Enable other SexLab mods one at time, making sure you're using the latest version of each and confirming they work in game before installing the next one.
  • Congrats, you've now done the very steps that would solve 95% of the stuff people complain about in Skyrim modding, both SexLab related and not.

I found the problem: SKSE was somehow broken (before I validated cache with Steam) and I had a clue to it all along but didn't realize what it was telling me.

Every time I ran BOSS, the log would show that I was not running the latest version of SKSE. Since I had seen that in the past (long before upgrading to SKSE 1.70) I double-checked that I was running SKSE 1.70 and ignored the BOSS warning. Turns out, BOSS wasn't accurate (because I was, in fact running the latest version of SKSE) but it was telling me "something is wrong with your SKSE installation."

Your instruction to reinstall SKSE (after I had "verified game cache" in Steam) prompted me to shortcut some of your instructions just to see if my suspicions about SKSE were correct. Here's what I did:

• Reinstalled SKSE 1.70 and SkyUI manually by extracting straight from the archive and authorizing all overwrites
  • Disabled SexLab, Matchmaker and Working Girl by unchecking those boxes in the Steam "Data Files" pane, ran GenerateFNISforUsers
  • Started a new game the old fashioned way (I ate dinner while the long Helgen sequence was going on) :D
  • After Helgen, manually saved several times, quit and reloaded all of those saves while on the road to Riverwood
  • Went into the General Goods store in Riverwood to trigger an Autosave, quit and loaded that; verified MCM and SkyUI working
  • Cleaned and loaded latest in-progress save (not from the new game but my game that had the broken SL MCM. Got the expected warnings on load that the game relied on assets no longer present blah blah blah but other than that, normal load
  • Quit and enabled SL, ran GenerateFNIS and BOSS, loaded save, watched SL install, verified SL MCM menus working
  • Quit and enabled Matchmaker & Workiing Girl, loaded up and verified everything works

Since BOSS no longer showed out-of-date SKSE warnings, indicating that whatever had been wrong with SKSE was fixed when I reinstalled it, I suspect that I could have omitted some of the above, but I was trying to make sure the issues were fixed.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

It's certainly a "stupide" question but i prefere to be sur before to regret it :

I'm running with v1.39b, and i would like upgrading it to v1.55.

Should I use "older than v1.20" upgrading instuctions ? or am I in a "black hole".

After the mods I always use got updated to "fit" SL 1.55, I uninstalled 1.39b and installed SL 1.55 and then the other mods which had been updated, without any problems.  

(yes, stupid me for reading the OP for SL and deciding to wait till everything would work.  I missed out complaining about problems that already had a warning.)

It's because they contain quite a sum of dirty records - it's practically an imperative to clean the "vanilla" DLCs - and on the next verifying Steam cache, they get redownloaded and reverted to the vanilla state...

Why run TES5EDIT on DLC's?  

It's because they contain quite a sum of dirty records - it's practically an imperative to clean the "vanilla" DLCs - and on the next verifying Steam cache, they get redownloaded and reverted to the vanilla state...

I have seen other people say never clean the vanilla DLCs. So I am a bit confused as to which I should really do. Any idea why some people say don't clean?

I TES5Edit-cleaned all 4 of my Master Files (Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm and Dragonborn.esm) long ago, and I did so again yesterday after Steam "verified my game cache" and installed stock files again.

To those who said cleaning saves to start a new game made no sense to them, please re-read my post. I cleaned the save and then tried to load that save- when that didn't work, I tried to start a new game to see if the issue was save file corruption (which wouldn't affect a new game). Since New Game didn't work either, that told me that the issue was probably in the game itself- my Master Files (or ini's)- which is why I verified my cache in Steam. It had nothing to do with cleaning saves.

And so sorry, my NutBuddy, but I do not understand your "Stiv let's play" or "play with Richard" references. However, I applaud you- sounds kinky to me.

Oh, and it's "she." :shy:  You somehow got a slash character stuck in the middle of it... :P

Gopher is a big youtuber about Skyrim one of the biggest and most well known. He is also a mod maker and mod reviewer. Which is likely what most people know him for in the Skyrim modding circles. But he also does Let's Plays videos.

If you don't know what a Let's Play is, thats when someone plays a game like Skyrim, records it than post the video up. The tend to make them entertaining and fun to watch, plus the list the mods they are using so you can see the mods in action. Especially useful for mods that effect things like combat, as the only way to truly see the effects of those mods is over many combats.

Anyways Stiv was the name of his orc mage character he started his first lets play with on youtube. Sadly that game died cause so many saves got corrupted he was going to have to go back and redo everything from like 3 months back or longer. Nothing he tried worked to fix the problem. So eventually he retired the lets play and has now started a new Lets Play with a Breton Archer character.

Just saying Gopher a well known modder and was a programer in real life had a similar issue to you but with other mods and he wasn't able to fix it. That's all.

As for the she, noted but I will likely forget anyways. :) I just never assume gender so I try to make gender neutral assumptions about others. :)

Why run TES5EDIT on DLC's?  

One of the DLC files had 1151 ITMs removed (ITM records probably don't hurt anything except taking up a lot of unnecessary space) and in the 4 vanilla files there were surprisingly many UDRs, which can cause instability and crashing with modded games- according to the stuff I read when I first started using TES5Edit. When you run BOSS on uncleaned files, the log will show you the dirty edit and UDR counts for each file.

I've got a problem where sexlab doesnt appear on the MCM after an update from 1.54 to 1.55.

Same problem I had. There is a console command in the FAQs that makes the MCM menu appear, but when I used it the menu that appeared was broken and non-functional- because my SKSE installation was broken.

The best thing to do is read and follow Ashal's detailed instructions a few posts down from the top of this page.

I upgraded from 154 to 155 and everything works fine except for one thing - arrows are not unequipped during sex (bow is unequipped)

<snip>

I had the same issue several months ago. From what I can gather, quivers (arrows and bolts) are a special case in Skyrim, and they don't unequip when you would think they should- including, but not limited to, when you're having sex. I would frequently find myself running around with dual daggers drawn and a quiver on my back at the same time. Blargh! :@

But my life changed for the better when I discovered the Auto Unequip Ammo mod. It does what its name says it does: whenever you (or mods such as SexLab) unequip your bow or crossbow, this mod unequips your quiver as well. Job done.

Ive had no real issues with 1.55 , nothing as drastic as no mcm or ctds anyhow, one thing that is bugging me though, and im not sure if its sexlab core or one/some of its modules . The first animation in the chain of anims is out of sync . As in the 2 characters are placed back to front , jumping to the next anim with space fixes it however. Im using latest skse/finis etc.

I'm having a strange problem with Sexlab. I introduced version 1.54 into a new game. Everything seemed to be working ok except the ladies, especially my PC, would not equip strapons.

I did a cleanup and then installed 1.55. Everything seemed to go fine with that. I can see it in the MCM, had no problem making changes. Animations worked fine but I did not get a chance to check on the strapons because, after making a save and loading it later in the day, animations stopped working altogether.

I can initiate sex through dialogue but then nothing happens. Matchmaker isn't even working. Any suggestions?

Ive had no real issues with 1.55 , nothing as drastic as no mcm or ctds anyhow, one thing that is bugging me though, and im not sure if its sexlab core or one/some of its modules . The first animation in the chain of anims is out of sync . As in the 2 characters are placed back to front , jumping to the next anim with space fixes it however. Im using latest skse/finis etc.

Animation being out of sync like that is a script latency issue. I've recently accumulated a lot of scripted mods so now I'm getting like a second or two of out of sync animation. You could press the realign actor button to see if that fixes it.

But the only real solution is to run less scripted mods.

I have seen other people say never clean the vanilla DLCs. So I am a bit confused as to which I should really do. Any idea why some people say don't clean?

If you stick to vanilla skyrim (with vanilla DLC's) all the dirty edits in the files aren't really a problem so downloading tes 5 edit to fix something that won't be a problem would be a bit of a chore which might be why you've seen peeps say not to do it

If you are going to mod skyrim it's recommended you clean the vanilla stuff so that all the clutter that doesn't affect vanilla stuff isn't there so there is no potential for it to mess with mods.

I'm having a strange problem with Sexlab. I introduced version 1.54 into a new game. Everything seemed to be working ok except the ladies, especially my PC, would not equip strapons.

I did a cleanup and then installed 1.55. Everything seemed to go fine with that. I can see it in the MCM, had no problem making changes. Animations worked fine but I did not get a chance to check on the strapons because, after making a save and loading it later in the day, animations stopped working altogether.

I can initiate sex through dialogue but then nothing happens. Matchmaker isn't even working. Any suggestions?

Did you rerun GenerateFNISforUsers?

Hi, I found a bug, and a wa to slove it:

If after updating as explaied, MCM show 2 SexLab, the "Old", unistaled and empty, and the "new", there will be some bugs.

You must desactivate all sex labs mods, then delete all files from the old version.

Reload your game, and wait few seconds, MCM will "forget" the mods (they will disaper), then, resave your game.

Put the new version of sexLab and activate it.

Reload your game.

You will lose all stats, but the problem is sloved.