Anyone else not pre-ordering elder scrolls 6

Mass Effect 3 and AndDramaDuh pretty much killed that genre dead as fuck until the next cool thing comes along, which is rather unlikely to be starfield which is pretty obviously tailoring itself to be Skyrim in Space, rather than a crafted open end narrative.

9 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I'll fucking puke all over their forums if they pull that shit!!! I know they're dense, but come on!

BTW- did you know Beth holds a licence to make Star Trek games? Got it a decade ago and have just sat on it.

Partial. The reason you're not seeing anything in regards to that, is they don't hold what they want, which is MMO. Making a star trek rpg with an ending can't be milked every month (according to them, apparently Monster Hunter doesn't exist where they live)

46 minutes ago, 27X said:

Skyrim in Space

34 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I'll fucking puke all over their forums if they pull that shit!!! I know they're dense, but come on!

BTW- did you know Beth holds a licence to make Star Trek games? Got it a over a decade ago and have just sat on it.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEE!!!

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. I don't hate Skyrim in space as a concept. In fact it would be perfect for Bethesda; big and empty. No way they could screw up that but wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait...

BETHESDA STRIKES AGAIN!!! Todd Howard did it again and this guy. If players feel like they are in control of the game and not the other way around(Crashes, glitches, etc) then it would be amazing. Unfortunately not so much yeah.

8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I seem to be the only dumbass that is even slightly interested in Starfield. There seems to be very little hype for this upcoming title. Why? Do we not like space exploration rpgs anymore?

We do, but we hate Bethesda now.

Well, not "hate", just not invite him to family events anymore. Or greet him when we see him. Or slow down when he's crossing the road.

I still remember when Bethesda's games caused a reaction like this, like it was yesterday. I miss those days.

But the good news is that Everspace 2 has been funded :classic_happy:

Pre-order....

I don't even let my cable company use direct-withdraw - trust is long gone.

Show me the money!    Ummm NO, not until you 'Show me the game'.

NO! Not a freakin video that cost more to make than the game itself....

I didn't preorder my car, or computer, or my lunch. Just isn't happening anymore. You don't get to hold my money hostage. If you 'need' my money before you even release the game, you're doing it wrong.

I could go on, but the answer is NO.

10 hours ago, ToJKa said:

We do, but we hate Bethesda now.

Well, not "hate", just not invite him to family events anymore. Or greet him when we see him. Or slow down when he's crossing the road.

I still remember when Bethesda's games caused a reaction like this, like it was yesterday. I miss those days.

But the good news is that Everspace 2 has been funded :classic_happy:

The likelihood you'll ever see this from a beth product is pretty low, cause it requires admitting you're acting like an utter cunt and fixing it with money and giving a shit.

9 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

video showed adults crying about a product release

I forget who posted the video, but one youtuber showed a video of an adult man doing a reaction video of a new Star Wars movie. I don't believe it was fake, but I do believe the person doing the reaction should seek help.

If you are this easily emotionally manipulated, bordering on instability, then I hope you aren't carrying a weapon when the pendulum swings back the other way.

2 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Okay, that video showed adults crying about a product release. I for one NEVER have been that excited about a release of any game/movie/etc in my adult life. Wow.. just wow, these people are actually crying and jumping up and down like little kids. I'm sure these are the people who pre-order. 

Fanatical fan base there. Have to agree that getting that excited over a game announcement is telling.

Holy Fuck! Tifa Lockhart nude cosplay selling for $15 a pic!

Image result for Burst your bubble gif

4 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Okay, that video showed adults crying about a product release. I for one NEVER have been that excited about a release of any game/movie/etc in my adult life. Wow.. just wow, these people are actually crying and jumping up and down like little kids. I'm sure these are the people who pre-order. 

You remember the Star Wars trailer crying guy? Think he was called Eric Butts or something, reminded me of that. It's kinda hard to grasp that level of excitement, to have something like a trailer quite literally making you lose control of your body, making you shake and bawl and what not. Usually you'd expect that in either a really intense horror movie or a really well written tragic scene, but trailers? And to that extent?

And of course when you tell it like it is to people like that they just call you a jaded hater. I feel like with this kind of stuff there is always a borderline mental condition at play, something must not be right. The last time i remember getting genuinely pretty excited for something was the Broly movie, but even then, looking at me nobody would've been able to tell unless i spoke about it. So it's like, am i just jaded or are they hyperexcitable? I'll bet $420.69 on the latter.

Edit: Yeah, not to mention these are the types of people that give companies the incentive to practice their bullshit. I mean look at it, it's such an easy source of money, why would they even need to put any actual effort?

On 2/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

There are still some out there. Don't be such a fatalist- it'll make you old and bitter. Beth got quite alot of negative backlash for 76, so surely Beth will try to do a pretty decent job with Starfield as atonement. Of course, have to wait a year or so for them to patch some of it and modders to fix the rest (???). But, if the core game is solid, things will go much smoother all the way round and we might have faith in them restored. :star:

I'm not bitter about it, just being realistic, is all. I don't have faith in companies because they're simply institutions that are interested in one thing only, and that's making money. I don't form parasocial relationships with them - if they create a product I want, fine, if not, oh well, I simply won't buy it. You have to realize that companies, especially within the gaming industry, employ different psychological mechanisms to entice you to be a 'loyal customer' and to foster 'brand loyalty'. If you are emotionally attached to a company or a product, they've already won.

And that's just the exterior shell, if you look at how games have evolved recently, there's a lot of systems in place that were usually just found within the mobile/free2play niche - daily login bonuses, daily resets, that sort of thing. A good example would be again Blizzard, who have turned World of Warcraft from a beloved MMORPG into a daily grind of chores that you have to do in order to not fall behind. Even if you don't particularly enjoy the game, you feel compelled to login and do these chores to not be a burden to the people you play with. Long gone are the days where you could play at your own pace - sure, WoW was always a huge timesink and the game played much, much slower in the original iteration, but progress was more or less finite. If you took half a year to max out your character you essentially had no disadvantage or advantage over someone who only took 5 weeks to do so. Nowadays the infinite progression found within WoW means that even if you miss just one day, you'll fall behind. Not much, mind you, but it'll add up and the human psyche doesn't like that thought.

It's a conscious design decision on Blizzard's part because they can show the investors and shareholders inflated numbers. The game isn't fun anymore, Blizzard seemingly lost the abilitiy to make games that people want to play, so they employ hooks to reel people in and keep them right there where they want them. Obviously, people can only take so much abuse before they cave in, so the sub numbers are really low, only the release of classic WoW has alleviated some of the losses because you can play both retail and classic on the same subscription. But instead of waking up to the fact that they were dead fucking wrong with their design decisions - a dated 15 year old game runs better than the game they've had 15 years of time to refine - they always seem to double down on the parts they've fucked up so far.

The plans they have for Diablo 4 go into the same direction - MMO-lite, shared world, world bosses, limited events, cash shop for cosmetic items, etc. They can't help themselves because they keep hoping they'll eventually hit the jackpot with a game that has millions of players who regularly spend cash on the game. That and their focus on e-sports for several games now have destroyed what goodwill they had in the past. They've killed a lot of their games recently with their greed. They're still successful all things considered, but not Blizzard-level successful so the investors won't be too happy sooner or later.

19 hours ago, Mr.Otaku said:

You remember the Star Wars trailer crying guy? Think he was called Eric Butts or something, reminded me of that.

23 hours ago, landess said:

I forget who posted the video, but one youtuber showed a video of an adult man doing a reaction video of a new Star Wars movie. I don't believe it was fake, but I do believe the person doing the reaction should seek help.

If you are this easily emotionally manipulated, bordering on instability, then I hope you aren't carrying a weapon when the pendulum swings back the other way.

I think we're on the same page here.....

19 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

If you are emotionally attached to a company or a product, they've already won

Not sure how many here were actually alive AND old enough to understand reality when Star Wars debuted in 1977. I was 19. Young, know-it-all, ripe for social awareness and interaction.

Yep, didn't see Star Wars for close to a year after release. Why? Because I was sick of it before I got the chance. STAR WARS EVERYTHING! Every fuckin commercial, SW underwear, SW watches, SW toys - bedsheets - curtains - lunchboxes - OMFG STOP ALREADY!

Once I actually went to the theater to see it I was impressed and understood why so many liked it, but JESUS people - get a fuckin grip!

8 hours ago, landess said:

Seems like it, i didn't see your comment before i wrote mine lol. The dude needs some serious help i tell ya, but what's worse is all the people defending this saying "hE's JuSt PaSsIoNaTe dOn'T bE sUcH a HaTeR". Well fuck me then, i guess i'm a fucking log if that qualifies as mere passion. They should play his reactions on repeat to torture terrorists, might end up being fatal though cause that's some military grade cringe there.

8 hours ago, landess said:

Star Wars debuted in 1977.

Fucking hell that's a long time ago. That's two decades before my parents married! I knew Star Wars is old as fuck but didn't realize it's that old.

12 hours ago, landess said:

Not sure how many here were actually alive AND old enough to understand reality when Star Wars debuted in 1977. I was 19. Young, know-it-all, ripe for social awareness and interaction.

Yep, didn't see Star Wars for close to a year after release. Why? Because I was sick of it before I got the chance. STAR WARS EVERYTHING! Every fuckin commercial, SW underwear, SW watches, SW toys - bedsheets - curtains - lunchboxes - OMFG STOP ALREADY!

Once I actually went to the theater to see it I was impressed and understood why so many liked it, but JESUS people - get a fuckin grip!

I would not say I was old enough to understand reality, as I think I was one of the targets for that marketing campaign.  The only thing I remember clearly was the Burger Chef kids meal that featured Star Wars.  I thought that cheap diorama and cardboard thingies were the shit.    I guess it did make buying Christmas '77 easy for me (Got the death star one year, Millennium Falcon, anther and AT-ATs the next and so on).   Funny thing is, I don't remember seeing in the theater (though we did).   

Bringing it back to the OP, marketing to a diverse crowd is hard,   People who are likely to pre-order are "safe bets" and require no marketing,  so hell yes I (as a company) would welcome pre orders, but I wouldn't use it as a gauge to adjust my marketing.

3 hours ago, Mr.Otaku said:

Seems like it, i didn't see your comment before i wrote mine lol. The dude needs some serious help i tell ya, but what's worse is all the people defending this saying "hE's JuSt PaSsIoNaTe dOn'T bE sUcH a HaTeR". Well fuck me then, i guess i'm a fucking log if that qualifies as mere passion. They should play his reactions on repeat to torture terrorists, might end up being fatal though cause that's some military grade cringe there.

Fucking hell that's a long time ago. That's two decades before my parents married! I knew Star Wars is old as fuck but didn't realize it's that old.

Funny thing about age, is that it happens to all of us.   Now get off my lawn you young whippersnapper, I am old enough (actually older) to be one of your parents!  

On a side note, we are fucked if the Gen Z watch "Logan's Run" and decide that it is a good idea.   With all the stupid shit going on with SJWs...  I really can't blame them, if they do.

5 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

On a side note, we are fucked if the Gen Z watch "Logan's Run" and decide that it is a good idea.   With all the stupid shit going on with SJWs...  I really can't blame them, if they do.

there's nothing to fear, they don't watch anything made before 2016. :tounge_xd:

8 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

Funny thing about age, is that it happens to all of us.   Now get off my lawn you young whippersnapper, I am old enough (actually older) to be one of your parents!

I would use the ok boomer meme here but it'll neither be correct nor be funny at this point. Though i'm fairly surprised by the fact that so many older people are actively interested in lewd Skyrim modding. Not that i'm complaining but still, that's not the demographics one would expect in a community like this at first.

13 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

Didn't know what "Logan's Run" is until now so i don't get what you're saying here, i looked it up thinking it was related to that scumbag logan paul running while his balding head showed lol.

1 hour ago, Mr.Otaku said:

Didn't know what "Logan's Run" is until now

Another 'future film' made in the 70's. Concept is everyone has a 'timer' installed into their hand, which begins blinking when they hit 30 I believe (been awhile). At this time they go to a public spectacle where they - in some form of arena - are flown into the sky where they appear to 'evolve/disappear' into the next life stage. If someone doesn't 'report' for this event, they are labeled 'runners', and are hunted down. Can't be messing with the status quo.

Logan is a hunter whom decides to run, and finds out the truth behind the society he grew up in. It was the first movie I remember Richard Jordan in. He went on to be in a few movies I enjoyed - Hunt for Red October, Dune, The Secret of my Success.

As far as Elder Scrolls - We'll wait and see if either Bethesda IP can be saved. I don't have any faith, but people die and get replaced, things change. Hope I'm around to see it.

1 hour ago, Mr.Otaku said:

Lmao i've never seen a concept like that before. So do they actually do evolve or do they just get killed?

SPOILERS!

Spoiler

But yes, lol. Very killed. "Runners" are also hunted down by a robot and turned into food for the city's humans.

It's a really good movie, though.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, megamantaray said:

SPOILERS!

Hide contents

It's a really good movie, though.

Yep and it is sad that I know it had full frontal nudity of the female lead right before they ran into "Box"  the robot that wanted to turn them into food for the rest of the colony.  Plus a great (in a 6th grader's mind, which is when I got to see the R rated version) orgy scene as well.

On 2/9/2020 at 6:49 AM, Mr.Otaku said:

I would use the ok boomer meme here but it'll neither be correct nor be funny at this point. Though i'm fairly surprised by the fact that so many older people are actively interested in lewd Skyrim modding. Not that i'm complaining but still, that's not the demographics one would expect in a community like this at first.

We are the OGs  (original gamers), who started modding games via text entries (XCOM squad members names were of people that I knew, randomized of course, so I would give a shit if I lost them during a mission) and image swaps (Racquel Darrian was a key feature in my GTA Vice City game).  I prefer this modding site because it seems to have less vitriol and is more accepting of a diverse set of people than others. 

So, i was worried that game modding was an "old person's" thing, so it is good to see modders.    Though it seems we all, regardless of age,(or any other identity group) , will likely not pre-order  TES 6.

27 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

We are the OGs  (original gamers), who started modding games via text entries (XCOM squad members names were of people that I knew, randomized of course, so I would give a shit if I lost them during a mission) and image swaps (Racquel Darrian was a key feature in my GTA Vice City game).  I prefer this modding site because it seems to have less vitriol and is more accepting of a diverse set of people than others. 

So, i was worried that game modding was an "old person's" thing, so it is good to see modders.    Though it seems we all, regardless of age,(or any other identity group) , will likely not pre-order  TES 6.

Makes sense. I guess it's more of a "young people" thing to easily forget that older people were the ones who started the whole thing in these regards. I know my dad absolutely loved NFS 1994 and is mainly the reason i got so deep into racing games in general, but he was never into the whole technical/modding stuff. I'm almost tempted to do modding myself but i'm not sure i can pull it off lol.

But yeah, pre-ordering is a giant no. Matter of fact pre-ordering is total bullshit. It's always best to wait for the game to come out and make informed decisions based on quality rather than throwing money based on hype and brand loyalty.