Anyone else not pre-ordering elder scrolls 6

18 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Bethesda sucks dick >:[

If Bethesda were a hot girl i would've actually liked that...

But no, we have Mr. ItJustWorksInTheChessClub and his goons trying to be the next EA. I still can't believe they had the gall to release that "Fallout 1st" horsecrap. Who in the fuck would ever think that's a good idea huh? Why do these giant companies that swim in money happen to be so out of touch and retarded? Is this a rhetorical question? Yes it is. I mean hell, if Yes Woman's Land can do such a giant redemption arc, why can't Bugthesda do the same?

49 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

If Bethesda were a hot girl i would've actually liked that...

But no, we have Mr. ItJustWorksInTheChessClub and his goons trying to be the next EA. I still can't believe they had the gall to release that "Fallout 1st" horsecrap. Who in the fuck would ever think that's a good idea huh? Why do these giant companies that swim in money happen to be so out of touch and retarded? Is this a rhetorical question? Yes it is. I mean hell, if Yes Woman's Land can do such a giant redemption arc, why can't Bugthesda do the same?

If Bethesda was a girl she'd use teeth and charge you extra.

Yes Woman's Land had an ambitious team of indies that got in over their head and made too many promises, they made enough money to shut off communication and work to unfuck their shit. Bethesda is a large company with a lot of people and none of them play their own games or care to because until now their wallets hadn't been hurt. Who knows if even now they have been. EA got a wake-up call though with Battlefield 5 and I enjoyed that new Star Wars game a bit, so there's hope for at least a tiny redemption arc there.

32 minutes ago, PussieTepulus said:

That's not a toughbook, it's not a gaming computer, it's a business-aimed product that is meant to be an investment to help in the growth of a BUSINESS.

It's not even a full computer it's a processor and a big boy at that.  Where's your consumer-level toughbook that cost $40k? I'm just gonna copypaste my post from now on.

I want you to do these things:

A/ Debunk every statement made about TES lore by the people here, and prove why the Thieves Guild is so good. No video required, show us your script since you're working on a video.

B/ Show me that toughbook you bought for $40,000 that I can't find because there's no way in heaven or hell you genuinely paid that much for a work laptop unless you let yourself get scammed.

C/ Stop bringing in random nonsense to bloat out your posts. Quit randomly talking about shit that isn't related to the conversation I don't care about your credits or what you think of safe-spaces or attention spans.

26 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

If Bethesda was a girl she'd use teeth and charge you extra.

Not gonna lie, i like some mild teeth action, but extra charge perfectly summarizes Bethesda and why it's so bad. How much is too much to these people?

(I know the answer by the way, nothing is too much in the face of absolute greed)

29 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Yes Woman's Land had an ambitious team of indies that got in over their head and made too many promises, they made enough money to shut off communication and work to unfuck their shit. Bethesda is a large company with a lot of people and none of them play their own games or care to because until now their wallets hadn't been hurt. Who knows if even now they have been. EA got a wake-up call though with Battlefield 5 and I enjoyed that new Star Wars game a bit, so there's hope for at least a tiny redemption arc there.

Bethesda is employing the "they're mindless sheep anyway and defend our bullshit to no end" strategy. EA is notorious for that especially their sports lineup. I really really hope Bethesda can pull a Hello Games and get back on track and also get better too, but i have a feeling i'm hoping for too much. Still, crazier things have happened so in case Bethesda do actually use their heads again many people including me will be giving them the money they're so desperate for even though they practically swim in cash.

Bethesda should be made the poster child of wasted potential at this point.

I was reading the discussion about stories and plots, and just want to say that Oblivion had a much better plot than Skyrim.

The side quests were also much better.

I can say that there are only two things which stops me from playing Oblivion these days: first, the graphics, which had become old, and second, the fact of being 32 bits, which causes it to crash too much, when I put mods into it.

Until 2015 I was insisting in making it run on my previous computer (which was a sandy bridge) but the constant crashing (specially on start) made me drop it.

The side quests were also functionally better. Fighters Guild was better than the Companions, Mages Guild was better than the College. The College questline was very, very lackluster, and didnt have half the depth the Mages Guild questline had.

I never finished the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines on both games, so I cant comment on these.

Also in Oblivion it was possible to ignore the main quest with proper modding. You could just ignore it and nobody would call you "the champion of Cyrodiil" in higher levels. I remember there was a mod which disabled the Oblivion gates as well.

Whereas in Skyrim, trying to roleplay a soldier in the Civil War forced me into the main plot, and I had to use the console to skip two quests. Fortunately there are mods which disable the dragon encounters and shouts.

I remember when I perused the nexus for Oblivion mods, rarely I would find something related to the main quest.

Whereas with Skyrim, at least half the mods being released every day are related to the dragonborn, Lydia or Serana.

I have the impression the Skyrim modding community is very pegged to the vanilla main plot. I might be wrong on my assessment, but it is a impression I have when perusing mod lists.

For example, in Oblivion times there was TWMP. This was the entire Tamriel heightmap, and you could replace the main heightmap with it.

No issues were detected when I used it, and it even included the locations of the cities outside Cyrodiil. In this way, I was able to made part of a city on it and travel to it by horse, without changing worldspaces. Of course, this was when I used a 32 bits computer, I dont know how it would behave today.

Today, you dont have a equivalent in Skyrim, even one which would be separated from the main heightmap (that is, a different worldspace). The most I found were avulse heightmaps for Highrock and Valenwood.

For this reason I believe the next Elder Scrolls will have even more limited modding capabilities. I believe we will not even be able to have a bodyslide, and weather mods will require some programming knowledge to be made.

16 hours ago, megamantaray said:

So what you're saying is you actively seek out to buy extremely expensive overkill shit for no reason and then try to make an argument that you HAVE to pay that much or you're not getting top of the line. You realise that even then the one of the strongest GPUs right now is nowhere near $3000 right? An RTX 2080 Ti is at most $2000 from what I can see.

Hey did you know the GTX 1050 2GB, a super cheap $100 GPU can play Monster Hunter World pretty good? That's a current game, hell it got a giant expansion recently.

Here's a video of someone doing some benchmark testing. Holy crap, so cheap and so bad, bro.

You don't know anything about anything is what I'm getting here, and you keep doing this and trying to Google quick and easy points to poke at but you've got nothing. Find me your $40k toughbook, boi. I don't care that Katrina took it, if it exists and you owned it you can find it again or list the parts you built it from if it was custom made.

Also that link isn't a toughbook, XEON makes products for non-consumer super specific and massive workstations, buildings and servers that need that kind of power and can afford it because it's made for large businesses, and that link specifically is for a high-end recorder it's not for gaming, it's barely a computer, so it's again irrelevant how much it costs.

I want you to do these things:

A/ Debunk every statement made about TES lore by the people here, and prove why the Thieves Guild is so good. No video required, show us your script since you're working on a video.

B/ Show me that toughbook you bought for $40,000 that I can't find because there's no way in heaven or hell you genuinely paid that much for a work laptop unless you let yourself get scammed.

C/ Stop bringing in random nonsense to bloat out your posts. Quit randomly talking about shit that isn't related to the conversation I don't care about your credits or what you think of safe-spaces or attention spans.

You should have asked the magic question.  I own a 501c(3) Public Safety Organization.  So yes would need high end computers for processing.  So how do you think I would buy a 40K Toughbook???  See you do not pay attention to detail.  No wonder why you do not understand Thieves Guild, you do not ask questions and question does this person own a business or non-profit.  Simple minded people like you who do not question will never understand Thieves Guild.

11 minutes ago, PussieTepulus said:

You should have asked the magic question.  I own a 501c(3) Public Safety Organization.  So yes would need high end computers for processing.  So how do you think I would buy a 40K Toughbook???  See you do not pay attention to detail.  No wonder why you do not understand Thieves Guild, you do not ask questions and question does this person own a business or non-profit.  Simple minded people like you who do not question will never understand Thieves Guild.

So you just backtracked to insult me, and you've contradicted yourself again.

You said you owned a 40k toughbook but it was taken by Katrina and now you don't, and can't find it again, but now you're saying you definitely have high-end processing requirements. You're just a mess, dude, you're only latching on to that now because I mentioned business-oriented computing.

Answer my questions, I refuse to humour any of your other inane drivel.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

Not gonna lie, i like some mild teeth action, but extra charge perfectly summarizes Bethesda and why it's so bad. How much is too much to these people?

(I know the answer by the way, nothing is too much in the face of absolute greed)

Bethesda is employing the "they're mindless sheep anyway and defend our bullshit to no end" strategy. EA is notorious for that especially their sports lineup. I really really hope Bethesda can pull a Hello Games and get back on track and also get better too, but i have a feeling i'm hoping for too much. Still, crazier things have happened so in case Bethesda do actually use their heads again many people including me will be giving them the money they're so desperate for even though they practically swim in cash.

Bethesda should be made the poster child of wasted potential at this point.

Never met someone who likes dick nibbling, that's interesting. I guess it's gotta be very specific or it gets scary, regardless that is NOT the teeth action Beth would give you. Beth is a nice girl name though.

Regarding them pulling a Hello Games it's very doubtful, Todd's an idiot and they keep trying to pile things into FO76 regardless of how bad it is currently. There's very little hope and since people keep buying into it there's no reason to really try. HelloGames got more shit than FO76 ever did, and they turned around because they wanted to, they certainly could've run off with the money. Beth doesn't work that way.

42 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Never met someone who likes dick nibbling, that's interesting. I guess it's gotta be very specific or it gets scary, regardless that is NOT the teeth action Beth would give you. Beth is a nice girl name though.

I suppose we're a rarer breed than i thought, i just like a gentle bite every now and then, as long as it's not actually painful and all that. But yeah Bethesda is the "chomp your dick in half and leaving you to bleed to death" type, after all, who in the fuck will make people pay for literal turd sandwich (Fallout 76) and ask people to pay for way more than that for a fucking subscription for said turn sandwich (Fallout 1st)? That's the true mark of "no self awareness right there". Though now that you mentioned Beth, i'm instantly reminded of a girl from back in high school. Think her name was Bethany(?)

42 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Regarding them pulling a Hello Games it's very doubtful, Todd's an idiot and they keep trying to pile things into FO76 regardless of how bad it is currently. There's very little hope and since people keep buying into it there's no reason to really try. HelloGames got more shit than FO76 ever did, and they turned around because they wanted to, they certainly could've run off with the money. Beth doesn't work that way.

I guess that's the more realistic take on things. The chance of them never making a recovery is way too high until we have further information on what the hell they're even up to. But maybe Hello Games is just one in a million thing, why other companies can't learn from this i would never understand. The more i think about it the more perplexed i become. Why? Just why are these people so fucking blind? Todd memes aren't even funny anymore, that's how bad they're screwed up. How can anyone be this out of touch?

And what the hell is going on here about the Thieves Guild thing? We all know Bethesda is the biggest Thieves guild! But how did talk of Toughbooks get into this?

This gave me a weird idea. Imagine Bethesda making Toughbooks, made of the same material as that Nuka Dark rum casing that we all totally love so very much, drop it once and the only option available is to get a new one. Applethesda. Bethesdapple. Bugthescrapple. Crapplethesda. Pick your turd sandwich, extra buggy edition. It Just Works(tm).

19 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

I suppose we're a rarer breed than i thought, i just like a gentle bite every now and then, as long as it's not actually painful and all that. But yeah Bethesda is the "chomp your dick in half and leaving you to bleed to death" type, after all, who in the fuck will make people pay for literal turd sandwich (Fallout 76) and ask people to pay for way more than that for a fucking subscription for said turn sandwich (Fallout 1st)? That's the true mark of "no self awareness right there". Though now that you mentioned Beth, i'm instantly reminded of a girl from back in high school. Think her name was Bethany(?)

I guess that's the more realistic take on things. The chance of them never making a recovery is way too high until we have further information on what the hell they're even up to. But maybe Hello Games is just one in a million thing, why other companies can't learn from this i would never understand. The more i think about it the more perplexed i become. Why? Just why are these people so fucking blind? Todd memes aren't even funny anymore, that's how bad they're screwed up. How can anyone be this out of touch?

And what the hell is going on here about the Thieves Guild thing? We all know Bethesda is the biggest Thieves guild! But how did talk of Toughbooks get into this?

This gave me a weird idea. Imagine Bethesda making Toughbooks, made of the same material as that Nuka Dark rum casing that we all totally love so very much, drop it once and the only option available is to get a new one. Applethesda. Bethesdapple. Bugthescrapple. Crapplethesda. Pick your turd sandwich, extra buggy edition. It Just Works(tm).

It's either lack of self-awareness or supreme confidence that they'll continue making money regardless. You gotta realise all of their games since Oblivion, maybe even Morrowind, have basically been fixed by and in some cases finished by their fans and the modding community. They're probably just complacent and confident things will continue to go their way. Those aren't mutually exclusive though, they could be both. Bethany is a good name, classy. Probably a horse girl.

When you're sat up on an executive chair you lose track of everything under you I guess. I can't possibly know how it is for Todd or whoever's giving him these awful ideas but I know for a fact they don't play their games or really give them much testing time. Reminds me of Warframe, except those guys sometimes listen to feedback, not recently, not anymore really, but they used to. They got big and now it's down to cannibalising content for the sake of stuff people will see right away and stick around for despite being unable to complete it. Maybe I'm just a hipster.

I dunno, some dork got angry that we were making fun of how bad the Thieves Guild is and to be honest I really can't follow it anymore. You can go back a few pages and try to figure it out for me. I genuinely got a headache last night trying to reply to him, that's why I made a copy-pastable thing I can send each time he posts since he hasn't addressed anything that was listed out for him and kept dancing around things or bringing up random shit unrelated for no reason.

7 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

I cannot comment on tough-books, the most I've seen of a tough-book was in the series Jericho, where the actor who plays Morgan (Lennie James) in TWD uses one. As for Bethesda and the name, funny you mention that, since I am watching Season 11 of The X-Files ATM and on episode 2: "This", Scully and Mulder travel to Bethesda, MD. Kinda freaked me out.. :P

Oh yeah that is a real place but even that was founded on unoriginal ideas.

Bethesda is an unincorporated, census-designated place in southern Montgomery County, Maryland, United States, located just northwest of the U.S. capital of Washington, D.C. It takes its name from a local church, the Bethesda Meeting House, which in turn took its name from Jerusalem's Pool of Bethesda.

55 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

....Maybe I'm just a hipster....

Nah, the higher you go the cloudier your vision gets i guess. Being out of touch and off the ground is a common theme within entities that are too big, be it celebrities or companies. It's not uniformly applied at the same rate all the time but the effects are there and depending on who's sitting on that power chair things can become really shit really quickly.

55 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

I dunno, some dork got angry that we were making fun of how bad the Thieves Guild is and to be honest I really can't follow it anymore. You can go back a few pages and try to figure it out for me. I genuinely got a headache last night trying to reply to him, that's why I made a copy-pastable thing I can send each time he posts since he hasn't addressed anything that was listed out for him and kept dancing around things or bringing up random shit unrelated for no reason.

I couldn't figure it out on my own in the first place lmao, i think he first needs to collect his thoughts and focus on better elaboration. I'll say the only thing i liked about the Thieves Guild questline are the Nightingale armor and the general look of the thieves hideout. Didn't hook me that well, though i remember enjoying it more than Companions questline, which doesn't say much to be honest. I never liked the way Brynjolf practically hounds you the moment you approach the Riften market. I know there's a mod to stop him from doing that but i just tell him to go and wait and never actually start the quest.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

I couldn't figure it out on my own in the first place lmao, i think he first needs to collect his thoughts and focus on better elaboration. I'll say the only thing i liked about the Thieves Guild questline are the Nightingale armor and the general look of the thieves hideout. Didn't hook me that well, though i remember enjoying it more than Companions questline, which doesn't say much to be honest. I never liked the way Brynjolf practically hounds you the moment you approach the Riften market. I know there's a mod to stop him from doing that but i just tell him to go and wait and never actually start the quest.

There's a few mods that do that, back a few pages I suggested one that lest you befriend Mjoll more and destroy the Thieves as a whole by killing Brynboi, and another that makes the Thieves more of a good force Robin Hood type bois and lets you blackmail Maven for a more rewarding or satisfying experience. Still bad, but not as bad.
There's options. There's also SexLab mods like Solutions that let you blow Brynboi to avoid sending .... that one guy to prison, but the second mod I mentioned also lets you do that differently. It's neat how they work together. I like how the Nightingale armour looks but everything surrounding them and how stupid Karliah and Nocturnal are is garbo.

Aela is the only good thing about the Companions and she's pretty generic by any standard. There's usually one good NPC in each faction.

I liked the dark elf and Khajiit in the college, the vampire kid and that other elf in the Assassins, and Rikke was pretty cool sometimes. Not much more were memorable.

Serana was probably the only well-developed(sorta) character in the entire game, and as much as Miraak is cool in concept he was also incredibly dull, the quest mod that makes him befriendable was neat though. I hate Herma-Mora and his long-ass unskippable talks so that was satisfying in a more personal way.

40 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Not much more were memorable.

Ulfric is the most memorable in my opinion, i think the voice actor did a very nice job too. Miraak is also pretty cool but why the fuck does he have randomly generated faces? Lol. Serana is good too, no major problems i can think of here.

Generally, it's kinda weird because i have this "switch" in my head which allows me to not notice blatant problems like that at will. When i'm actually playing i can choose to not let most of that bother me, yet if i want to i can nitpick the fuck out of something for hours. Of course without mods i would've actually gone insane if i tried replaying the game as many times as i have.

Bethesda needs better quest designers/writers. I think they played it safe way too many times. I'm sorry Todd, but sometimes it doesn't just work.

m9gjcn8uhcg21.jpg

5 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I was reading the discussion about stories and plots, and just want to say that Oblivion had a much better plot than Skyrim.

That's usually how it goes. Both Fallout and TES have been on a decline storytelling wise. Some argue the story of Fallout 3 was bad. For me, it wasn't that bad. But it did have some terrible moments of bad writing. The ending before Broken Steel was one of them. I had no problem looking for my dad. Unlike Fallout 4 searching for your child, it didn't feel like a burden because I'm not out looking for a toddler who wouldn't be able to take care of himself. James can. it was more of looking for your father for answers, not to hold him in your arms and pamper. But the story didn't hold your hand throughout the game. it didn't feel so much a priority, a must to find him, whereas Fallout 4 it was your due diligence to find him and Bethesda took the opportunity to side track the player making you question the priorities set upon you as the player like with Preston. I didn't play FO4, but I've seen enough to know how the game plays out.

The great thing about Skyrim is that you are given absolute freedom to go and do what you want. It's not until I start doing the guild quests where I begin to really see how bad player choice, consequences and restriction which are completely lackluster. I don't consider Skyrim an RPG. For me, it's an action game with some RPG elements. it's missing classes and restriction upon player choice and consequences. I've said this before; you can be anything and everything in Skyrim. Defeats the purpose role-playing a certain way when everything is laid out in front of you. And that's the problem. Bethesda have shifted towards a casual-style and have drifted away from that niche RPG style of games because it was never popular enough as is. They want a larger audience and hardcore RPG style games isn't attractive to casual gamers.

5 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I can say that there are only two things which stops me from playing Oblivion these days: first, the graphics, which had become old, and second, the fact of being 32 bits, which causes it to crash too much, when I put mods into it.

Until 2015 I was insisting in making it run on my previous computer (which was a sandy bridge) but the constant crashing (specially on start) made me drop it.

That's how I am with Fallout 3. I love that game, but two things that hold me back. And one of them isn't the graphics. It's the animations and the melee combat. Both suck so bad both in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I would argue that Oblivion has been looking good these past few years than it ever has. Of course I mean because of mods. I'm waiting for the day for Skyblivion and SkyWind to be official. I'm actually anticipated for those two over TES6.

As far as 32bit. I used to have Fallout 3 stable about 98% of the time. Ironic enough this was when I mostly manually installed mods and the few mods were installed with FOMM. I have never been able to get that same stability using MO for my mod installments. Currently my Skyrim is about the same with a lot of heavily scripted mods running on a potato machine. It wasn't like that in the beginning. It was actually hell, but I have it working pretty flawless. I rarely get a CTD and even more rare if it freezes.

3 hours ago, megamantaray said:

It's either lack of self-awareness or supreme confidence that they'll continue making money regardless. You gotta realise all of their games since Oblivion, maybe even Morrowind, have basically been fixed by and in some cases finished by their fans and the modding community. They're probably just complacent and confident things will continue to go their way. Those aren't mutually exclusive though, they could be both. Bethany is a good name, classy. Probably a horse girl.

When you're sat up on an executive chair you lose track of everything under you I guess. I can't possibly know how it is for Todd or whoever's giving him these awful ideas but I know for a fact they don't play their games or really give them much testing time. Reminds me of Warframe, except those guys sometimes listen to feedback, not recently, not anymore really, but they used to. They got big and now it's down to cannibalising content for the sake of stuff people will see right away and stick around for despite being unable to complete it. Maybe I'm just a hipster.

Given the numbers they've put up, it's an attitude they'd have regardless, ala "success sells success" and the fact that even in the face of open scams like tom clancy's lootbox nation and 76 people are buying without any kind of heed to the consequences, which is always what happens at peak bubble performance. EA fired an asston of people and closed three studios and they have two of the most openly predatory games ever made in their roster this year and android wilson came out like he invented a cure for cancer last year.

Pretty standard marketing stance in AAA. The only time I've openly seen a company admit they fucked themselves when they fucked their customers was Squenix, and at the same time they were being apologetic on stage they were selling three of the most egregious gacha games ever made on mobile.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, calranthe said:

It is kind of sad, 3-4 years ago Bethesda would have been in my "companies that care" category.

They wanted to get all big and corporate (diversify that portfolio!), and quality games like TES used to be are, I guess, not that niche. Now they need to pander to the mainstream, if they want to scratch and claw every penny of profit out of gamers. Hence, the console support, the phone game garbage and mini-transactions, etc.

There's probably no going back from here for them, which means that hopefully there will be another small game company that starts out treading in Bethesda's footsteps soon, and makes similar games. A shame, in any case. Our best bet as gamers would probably be an exodus of employees from Bethesda who run their own startup, maybe a Kickstarter, etc. 

I hardly ever buy a game at launch, let alone pre-order. I think it would be hasty to say 100% I won't buy the next TES (or FO) game, but I feel like there's a good chance, and I'll definitely wait for a good while to check up on reviews and see how things are going... maybe only get it on Steam sale. 

On 12/21/2019 at 4:50 AM, winny257 said:

also never pre-ordered, sometimes for release but mostly much later.
because there is a German saying, Wood eye, be vigilant! :classic_wink:

np-69Vxgoein-0MuCEb38fVY_-uNut8cwR-CYdSj

At this point in time it's just smarter to wait until a few months post launch on AAA games.

I dunno how many people here are part of the FGC or care for fighting games but does anyone remember the MESS that was Marvel Infinity?

Every motherfucker with an FGC name was shilling it as hard as people were shilling that PS4-Exclusive Evolve game that died 2 weeks after release.

Then when it did come out it was the same as any other game, shitting on it constantly and suddenly Smash and Anime games are cool~

Fucking two-faced bootlickers. And the shit that came with the Preorders?

Spoiler

lricoxagg5mz.jpg

Thanks Capcom I love my Infinity Tenga Eggs. They go great with my Methhead Chun-Li and Coke-Addled Dante. ?

To be fair to them though the game played well enough, story mode was shit yeah, but gameplay was neat. I was happy to see the stones be in gameplay again.

And they did fix up the ugly characters for the most part. On the other hand Evolve just got worse and worse.

Fuck at least it's not DBFZ, that game has 5 Gokus, 3 Vegetas, 2 Gohans, 2 Brolys and 1 Combo and it's not playable online on PC at all, if it doesn't crash it'll DC. Either or.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:15 AM, Mr.Otaku said:

While we're on it, do you know any good mods that makes Skyrim really difficult past, let's say level 50 or something? Cause at that point i just become too overpowered and the temptation to start a new game starts to increase, i'm looking for something that can help keep the game challenging no matter how high my level goes. Anyone else is also welcome to make suggestions. I don't believe this will derail the thread since Bethesda's shortcomings is the highlight of the thread and suggesting mods to fix that falls under the shortcomings umbrella.

Making the game harder is easy. Just download Skytweak and set the difficulty to fuck you.

One could say that difficulty is subjective. For example allowing the player to control minds easily can get stale very quickly but it is there to give players the opportunity to roleplay a mind bending evil monk or something. The fact that Bethesda gave the player the powers and tools to do whatever the fuck they want without thinking of something to challenge them was definitely something they neglected. The fact that most warriors end up enchanting their weapons to be more powerful than Daedric artifacts was bad design on the part of Bethesda but it isn't their only one, not by a long shot. Some problems I've noticed still persist despite the insane amount of mods out there such as the ability to poison people blocking with weapons or shields which is just silly. I know of one mod on the Nexus but the last time I tried it the thing was weird.

In terms of level scaling Skyrim Immersive Creatures helps alleviate that problem or at least I think it does. I'll check it tomorrow.

3 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

There's probably no going back from here for them, which means that hopefully there will be another small game company that starts out treading in Bethesda's footsteps soon, and makes similar games. A shame, in any case. Our best bet as gamers would probably be an exodus of employees from Bethesda who run their own startup, maybe a Kickstarter, etc. 

Hide contents

np-69Vxgoein-0MuCEb38fVY_-uNut8cwR-CYdSj

this is already in the past happen with Bethesda developer, all Morrowind developers have left Beth when they merged with Zenimax.
they founded their own studio * Big Huge Games * and developed Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. :classic_wink:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Making the game harder is easy. Just download Skytweak and set the difficulty to fuck you.

One could say that difficulty is subjective. For example allowing the player to control minds easily can get stale very quickly but it is there to give players the opportunity to roleplay a mind bending evil monk or something. The fact that Bethesda gave the player the powers and tools to do whatever the fuck they want without thinking of something to challenge them was definitely something they neglected. The fact that most warriors end up enchanting their weapons to be more powerful than Daedric artifacts was bad design on the part of Bethesda but it isn't their only one, not by a long shot. Some problems I've noticed still persist despite the insane amount of mods out there such as the ability to poison people blocking with weapons or shields which is just silly. I know of one mod on the Nexus but the last time I tried it the thing was weird.

In terms of level scaling Skyrim Immersive Creatures helps alleviate that problem or at least I think it does. I'll check it tomorrow.

Hm, i'll check Skytweak out then. But yeah, they should've made the enemies also use insane enchantments and abilities as you keep leveling to keep things scaling up indefinitely. Maybe run into a crazed mage in some spriggan camp who uses a wooden sword with 1000 damage enchantment, or a draugr deathlord that can shout you across the map and give you stamina and magicka damage on top of the fall and impact damage, or something like that.

11 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

There's probably no going back from here for them

Maybe, maybe not. The gacha monetization shit has recently been on a decline, hopefully because the market is just oversaturated with them at this point. Prime example would be Blizzard, they have been one of the few ruling kings of game development in the past, but they push their player retention and pay piggies over the happiness of the general customer shit so hard it has started to backfire. Overwatch is pretty much dead at this point because they've tried to force the game to be an e-sports hit because e-sport makes a lot of money. WoW with the most recent addon has been a shitshow and player numbers seem to have dropped to a new historical low. Warcraft Reforged is another hot mess. It took a long time for them to lose their 'Blizzard can do no wrong' status but now after years of mismanagement they've finally achieved the impossible. If the new Diablo won't be the next big thing I think they're gone for good.

Even games journalism has lost a lot of their influence over the public perception, mostly due to them praising games for diversity, cinematic experience and inclusiveness rather than gameplay or the fun factor. You can clearly see that they have to grit their teeth by giving games like Dark Souls a good score for example, they want to give it a bad score because the game doesn't hold their hands, so they give it a good score but write hundreds of articles about how Dark Souls should have an easy mode or whatever.

Back to Bethesda, while 76 is more or less a financial success, I hope that they realize that they've effectively exhausted the market of live-service games niche right there. They've failed to attract a new, big enough audience to make these games regularly. They've also taken a big hit to their public image so if whatever their next new game is fails to deliver what people expect, I think they'll succumb to the same downward spiral Blizzard is currently in. Blizzard was much more beloved with the polished games pretty much everyone could play and enjoy regardless of tastes while Bethesda never had that status. People just put up with the bugs because the games were huge and the only ones of their kind on the market.

7 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Maybe, maybe not.

I'd like to hope there is a chance for Bethesda to go back, but in my opinion it's the symptom of a corporate culture of greed having taken control of the reins. I expect that's unlikely to change, though they may try to temper it.

13 hours ago, winny257 said:

this is already in the past happen with Bethesda developer, all Morrowind developers have left Beth when they merged with Zenimax.
they founded their own studio * Big Huge Games * and developed Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. :classic_wink:

Reveal hidden contents

Hm! Going to check them out. You have been all kinds of wachsam up in here, thanks for the tip.