1 hour ago, hawkzor said:

I still can't figure out how to lock a follower into the device and prevent them from getting out!

Target NPC with crosshair, press PgUp. Lead NPC to furniture of choice. Target furniture with crosshair, press PgUp again.

Device scale has always been a shortfall of furniture in the past. Does this have, or will this have, the ability to set scale? 

Not a great picture, but a good example. Since my char is .94 scale her arms have trouble reaching the top bindings.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d72e0c0a49c720d20d1cae0775025468.png

Has anyone converted this mod to SSE? I'm not looking for a port, I'd like to do it myself and I'm a bit lost at the moment.

I can't select this plugin as "active file" in the SSE Creation Kit for some reason, which is a first.

I think I was able to convert the animations to SSE, though whenever someone stepped in a device they got undressed, the furniture vanished and they were just standing there playing regular idle animations. I suspect my method of converting was just bad, but that's only a guess from an inexperienced porter.

I'd obviously not share a port unless the mod author grants me their permission to do so. I'm asking this solely because I want to get better at porting.

6 hours ago, Kimy said:

Target NPC with crosshair, press PgUp. Lead NPC to furniture of choice. Target furniture with crosshair, press PgUp again.

When I press PgUp it says "NPC selected for furnite placement" but then the NPC equips a devious device (chains) and then starts to follow me, is this mode the one that add chains part? I'm trying to figure out if I have a conflict with this mod and something else, because using PgUp on furniture doesn't make the NPC enter it.

@Kimy

I've pointed out two issues before, and since they still exists figured i'd point them out again. You might've missed them.

First is the StoreBondage function in zadclibs, the `z -= 1` should be before the `If Item.HasKeyword(InvalidDevices[z])` because its trying to read out of index currently.

Second `DDC_GallowsPoleUpsideDown_Struggle` has `zadc_Simple_Metal_Cuffs3_Wrist_R_AO` defined twice, one of them should be `zadc_Simple_Metal_Cuffs3_Ankle_R_AO`.

Hope i'm not annoying with the fact im pointing them out again :P

9 hours ago, hawkzor said:

When I press PgUp it says "NPC selected for furnite placement" but then the NPC equips a devious device (chains) and then starts to follow me, is this mode the one that add chains part? I'm trying to figure out if I have a conflict with this mod and something else, because using PgUp on furniture doesn't make the NPC enter it.

I uninstalled a few NPC/Follower behavior mods and it fixed the problem, so it was clearly a mod conflic!

On 6/25/2020 at 9:15 AM, Kimy said:

DDC contains "kits" you can drop on the ground to build a furniture device wherever you want to. Since DDC is a framework, it doesn't offer you a direct way to obtain them, but rest assured that there will be one.

Just a small PSA: In the absence of a direct way to obtain the build kits, one can either use the console, as Kimy mentioned before, or one can also use the "Additemmenu" mod made by towawot. I just tested it with Version 1.4, and what I assume to be all of the kits are present, along with the key and a pair of iron chains.

On 6/28/2020 at 5:08 AM, keleslohep said:

@Kimy

I've pointed out two issues before, and since they still exists figured i'd point them out again. You might've missed them.

First is the StoreBondage function in zadclibs, the `z -= 1` should be before the `If Item.HasKeyword(InvalidDevices[z])` because its trying to read out of index currently.

Second `DDC_GallowsPoleUpsideDown_Struggle` has `zadc_Simple_Metal_Cuffs3_Wrist_R_AO` defined twice, one of them should be `zadc_Simple_Metal_Cuffs3_Ankle_R_AO`.

Hope i'm not annoying with the fact im pointing them out again :P

Hah, I had these fixed but they fell victim to a human error called "overwriting a new file with an older version". Will fix them again! :D

I've been playing around with the kits a little bit and noticed some issues/feedback:

1. Actors strip completely, including any DD items they were wearing.  I thought DD items wouldn't be removed?  I made an esp patch to add stuff to the EquipDevices array which worked, but when I left the cell and came back it was no longer equipped.  Additionally, stuff with heels will bump the actor up when heel height offsets should be disabled in this case?

2. If the actor is moved in any way (bumped, pulled away for a scene, etc.) they do not return to where the furniture was placed.  Are there any plans to have the polling script also correct position?  I saw the position is already saved in the script but it's only called post sex scene, but that's limited to scenes started through this framework only?

3. Minor typo on Torture Poles, Variant 4 is listed twice instead of 5.

4. If you unlock an actor during a struggle animation, it will continue to play after they are unlocked.  Minor issue as it will go away on it's own.

5. There is no way to interact with the furniture dialogue when a NPC is locked in aside from the hotkey.  Expected behavior would be for it to pop up when talking to the NPC?

Thanks for your continued work on the entire DD suite.

5. is intended behavior. If I'd just display the device dialogue, I'd block modders from setting up dialogue with a locked up NPC, which I believe is a common use-case. Like "So, do you want to cooperate with me now, or want to spend another day in that pillory?" :D

4. Interesting bug. Will fix it!

2. Position correcting for unlocking is in my development version!

1. Probably not a bug, but in the default devices I might have set it to temporarily hide all DD devices. I will have a look and correct these lists.

4 hours ago, Corsayr said:

So no answer on device scaling?

Would look forward to such a change, since this is one of the few mods that tries to make furniture actually functional, and would really like to at least use setscale on the parts. I tihnk i use a disparity mod to change the default heights of the different races for a bit more diversity, so my PC is almost always a bit shorter than these furnatures seem designed for, and using setscale on my character  also changes the scale of the furniture i'm in.

If there's a workaround, i'd be happy to hear it, though i'm not adept at modding.

5 hours ago, Corsayr said:

So no answer on device scaling?

I have seen the post and will look into it. I am not sure if it would be possible, and if it is, I'd need to make sure that this feature could not be abused for a...certain kind of characters people might roll.

Scaling doesn't always mean smaller too. 

I used smaller as an example because my wood elf char is shorter than ave. (woodelves Argonian and khajits are all scaled to .95)

But I have orcs scaled at 110 and nords at 105 because to me that makes sense, it is immersive. ☺️

but those minor scaling differences are enough to make it so furniture never fits any of those races... So I don't use it... But i'd like to. 

Maybe limit the degree? IDK 

Would scaling the ACTOR instead of the furniture be acceptable? Because I don't really think I can scale the furniture (which isn't an actual furniture device, but an AnimObject that if I am not mistaken, cannot be scaled)

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Would scaling the ACTOR instead of the furniture be acceptable? Because I don't really think I can scale the furniture (which isn't an actual furniture device, but an AnimObject that if I am not mistaken, cannot be scaled)

I'd not mind. I think the disparity mod I used to use makes females generally smaller than males (around .95) and some male races larger than normal. Alignment is usually spot on if the scale of either player or furniture is adjusted, and i'm so used to seeing my character adjust size when smithing i don't really  care either way, just would rather not see my character floating in midair from the torture poles, or having a wooden horse imbedded 3-4 inches into their crotch. So a slight scaling up wouldn't be a problem to me, though looks like when i rebuilt my load order i never included the Disparity mod off of nexus.

7 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Are there any mods that use this yet. I am looking for excuses to see it in gaaaame XD

I don't think so, no. It's still a new framework, and it will take a while for it to get picked up by mods. I can however, confirm that DCL 9 will make -extensive- use of it. :)

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:36 AM, Corsayr said:

Scaling doesn't always mean smaller too. 

I used smaller as an example because my wood elf char is shorter than ave. (woodelves Argonian and khajits are all scaled to .95)

But I have orcs scaled at 110 and nords at 105 because to me that makes sense, it is immersive. ☺️

but those minor scaling differences are enough to make it so furniture never fits any of those races... So I don't use it... But i'd like to. 

Maybe limit the degree? IDK 

If you are playing SKYRIM, you can Change the race on-the-fly, which causes mostly a scale-difference.

You maybe try to start a new gmae by using at once the race you now Play with-maybe this helps. Maybe in that case your choosen race will start with scale = 100%.

If nothing helps you can only Stretch the character parts while inside of a dedicated furniture to fit to ankles, wrists and maybe neck by using different Parameters of the "body-perfom" page over there.

16 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I don't think so, no. It's still a new framework, and it will take a while for it to get picked up by mods. I can however, confirm that DCL 9 will make -extensive- use of it. :)

I don't suppose you are willing to expose how soon will that be, though XD

This ain't a rushing, though. I too prefer late and perfect than early and broken. I am not asking you to be Ubisoft or Bethesda :P