3 hours ago, Kimy said:

I will add support for supplying a device list of DD items to equip while inside the furniture in one of the next versions. It's really easy to implement because DDC already supports DD devices. The one thing that requires real work is wrist restraints. But most furniture devices would not support wearing them while locked in anyway. I think right now, 100% of the devices in DDC lock up the hands anyway.

So far I have tested is a ZAP furniture breaking the offset of DD: during the time the gamer sits inside a ZAP furniture, the furniture is equipping the assets, which I have choosen for the furniture...and after the furniture of ZAP is being left, the DD framework is waiting for ZAP to equip the restraints, which have been weared before again....this mechanics work, because we use same slot-system (so far I have checked it) - I was really surprised...yes and then the DD framework is holding the offset animation for the offset of DD again in pose....the cool thing is, when I do it with DDc...the ZAP offset is also returning back in offset-pose...and we did nothing for that feature-did we??....I checked that again-it´s working pretty well.

For the wall shackle and closed gibbet-stuff, you can use a small script for a successful exit-idk if you can add this line into your framework and then make it BOOL-able....switch it ON for gibbets and this stuff, which has a BAD collision-so I use a FORCE EXIT CALL under ZAP:

(I would BUILD it in !-with bool-on-off) - you can also make the parameters be part of your prop-listing...so you can choose in which distance such an exit is happening...so it´s something like this (suggestion):

(Maybe this can be added seperately into the activator as a second script-otherwise you can merge it with your existing code somehow.)

int Property exitDistance = 64  Auto
float Property exitAngle = 0.0 Auto

event OnActivate(ObjectReference npc)
    Actor user = npc as Actor
    if user
        int sstate = user.GetSitState()
        if sstate != 2 && sstate != 3
            float angle = user.GetAngleZ()
            angle +=exitAngle
            float xoffset = exitDistance * math.sin(angle)
            float yoffset = exitDistance * math.cos(angle)
            user.SetPosition(user.GetPositionX() + xoffset, user.GetPositionY() + yoffset, user.GetPositionZ())
        endif
    endif        
endevent

(float means "flying here;-)))?

22 hours ago, Kimy said:

Version 1.2:

- Added several new devices: 5 Torture Poles, Bondage Post, Restraint Post, 2 Pillories, Wall Shackles.

Thank you, T'ara for the contributions! :)

So... while taking a break from modding Fallout 4, I have decided to take a look at what's going on in Skyrim.

First of all: Very great work ?. I am especially impressed that this works flawlessly for both player and NPCs (NPC support traditionally is one of the weak points of DD; contraptions worked flawlessly including in combat situations, which is no small feat, and the fact that NPCs are periodically struggling is a nice touch). In addition, reading the papyrus sources it looks like this was created with other modders in mind, and with very solid support for customisation. I wish we had that quality of bondage contraptions on Fallout 4!

Please allow me to provide some feedback about what I think could be possible improvements. Many of these might already be on your personal list.

• There are several issues with gagged NPCs. When using a DD gag, I tend to find the NPCs without their gag when I return to the cell where I left them (yeah this is an issue with the base DD mod, not with contraptions). The usual workaround is to use a ZAP gag, but this does not work because the function called when struggling (zadLibs.SexlabMoan) does not detect ZAP gags. Also the gag sounds are quite a bit too loud in my opinion, both when standing close by and when observing how far away from the victim they can be heard. I realise that a fix for these issues would need changes to DD integration (checking for WornHasKeyword zbfWornGag using the soft dependency mechanism, tweaking volume and attenuation of gagged sounds) and not to contraptions. It might be worth doing this for the next DD release.
  • There are multiple devices that are "the same device" with different poses (e.g. all the gallows pole devices). An idea might be to merge the devices and allow the player to choose the pose when starting a bondage session.
  • An MCM menu for configuring hotkeys and possibly other settings (see below) would be nice.
  • While stripping behavior can be overridden in the furniture script, the default of all included devices is to strip, and as a player there is no way to change this. It might be better to change the bool to an enum (e.g. default, strip, no_strip) and then later make the default configurable in MCM. This would allow the player to configure the default behaviour while still allowing mod authors to override the configured value for specific devices. If you want to further improve matters there could also be an essential_only strip option that would limits stripping to the slots that are essential for the device to work (usually armor, boots, gloves) but leave everything else, e.g. jewelry or blindfolds from a third party mod.
  • A fully fledged system for interactively placing, removing and adjusting the position of devices would be very nice, especially to make the wall shackles align with walls. Yeah I am probably mentally stuck in Fallout 4 mode ?. Being able to specify an x/y offset in zadc_buildScript would allow setting the kit up such that a player standing in front of a wall causes the shackles to spawn flush with the walls; at the moment they spawn a bit in front of the wall.

Finally, I do not want to be the guy who just asks for a metric ton of new features without contributing, so I did the very minor work of creating "kit" items for all currently included devices. I'll attach that esp to my post. Together with mods like AddItemMenu this should allows players to freely experiment with all contraptions. Please feel free to copy these items into the mod for the next version.

Kits for Devious Devices Contraptions.esp

You mention changes to main mod, but please mention changes to demo as well. It doesn't have a version number. I'm guessing all the furnitures aren't in it, but i wouldn't know now if it's also updated after i last tried. The one i did try had 2 bondage posts so def. after 1.2.

8 hours ago, Kharos said:

So... while taking a break from modding Fallout 4, I have decided to take a look at what's going on in Skyrim.

First of all: Very great work ?. I am especially impressed that this works flawlessly for both player and NPCs (NPC support traditionally is one of the weak points of DD; contraptions worked flawlessly including in combat situations, which is no small feat, and the fact that NPCs are periodically struggling is a nice touch). In addition, reading the papyrus sources it looks like this was created with other modders in mind, and with very solid support for customisation. I wish we had that quality of bondage contraptions on Fallout 4!

Thank you! :)

I'd probably port the mod to FO4, but I have never found anyone FO4-side willing to help me with the animations, which is really the only reason why I haven't updated my FO4 mods in a while. I can't really do much without animations at this point.

Please allow me to provide some feedback about what I think could be possible improvements. Many of these might already be on your personal list.

• There are several issues with gagged NPCs. When using a DD gag, I tend to find the NPCs without their gag when I return to the cell where I left them (yeah this is an issue with the base DD mod, not with contraptions). The usual workaround is to use a ZAP gag, but this does not work because the function called when struggling (zadLibs.SexlabMoan) does not detect ZAP gags. Also the gag sounds are quite a bit too loud in my opinion, both when standing close by and when observing how far away from the victim they can be heard. I realise that a fix for these issues would need changes to DD integration (checking for WornHasKeyword zbfWornGag using the soft dependency mechanism, tweaking volume and attenuation of gagged sounds) and not to contraptions. It might be worth doing this for the next DD release.

I have never observed that behavior, seriously! I will check it out and fix it if I at all can.

• There are multiple devices that are "the same device" with different poses (e.g. all the gallows pole devices). An idea might be to merge the devices and allow the player to choose the pose when starting a bondage session.

That's possible even now. All that needs to be done is adding the different poses to the same device, in which case the device will pick on randomly.

• An MCM menu for configuring hotkeys and possibly other settings (see below) would be nice.

MCM controls for the hotkeys are definitely coming!

• While stripping behavior can be overridden in the furniture script, the default of all included devices is to strip, and as a player there is no way to change this. It might be better to change the bool to an enum (e.g. default, strip, no_strip) and then later make the default configurable in MCM. This would allow the player to configure the default behaviour while still allowing mod authors to override the configured value for specific devices. If you want to further improve matters there could also be an essential_only strip option that would limits stripping to the slots that are essential for the device to work (usually armor, boots, gloves) but leave everything else, e.g. jewelry or blindfolds from a third party mod.

Usually not stripping the character would lead to fairly significant clipping for most devices, which is why so far, only the modder can control it. I guess I could refine this feature in the future and give modders even more control over if and what exactly to strip.

• A fully fledged system for interactively placing, removing and adjusting the position of devices would be very nice, especially to make the wall shackles align with walls. Yeah I am probably mentally stuck in Fallout 4 mode ?. Being able to specify an x/y offset in zadc_buildScript would allow setting the kit up such that a player standing in front of a wall causes the shackles to spawn flush with the walls; at the moment they spawn a bit in front of the wall.

Haha, I will see what I can do! :)

9 hours ago, glebbus13 said:

What keys are used to unlock the furniture? I've tried standard restraint key, but I get the message that I don't have a proper key. I am also using devious lore mod that renames the keys, can it be the problem?

It's named "Furniture Key" and part of the framework.

Thank you. You folks modding are keeping an old title relevant. As I expect big game developer's to continue down the dark path of MMO's and loot boxes, games like Skyrim will cease to exist. I really appreciate your continued work on this title, keeping it new and alive. I will gladly abuse everything you share. Stay sharp.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:06 AM, Kimy said:

I have never observed that behavior, seriously! I will check it out and fix it if I at all can.

So, this might be the wrong thread as it looks like it is a base DD issue with my game, and not a contraptions issue. But since we are already discussing it in this thread, here it goes.

I did some experimentation and it looks like what happens is: When I go through a loading screen entering a level with a NPC who is wearing devices, the "rendered device" often get unequipped (but it stays in the inventory, it is not deleted). The device still knows that it is equipped; for example when I open the inventory and try to remove the device without a key, it will tell me so (but not fix the situation). As the relevant keywords and effects are often on the "rendered device", this will not only lead to the device visually missing, but also to the effects no longer working. Using the inv console command to find the rendered device and then using equipitem to put it back actually fixes the situation.

This ties back to observations that I made in the past when I was playing Skyrim more often. I am able to reproduce these too, and they seem to be caused by similar issues:

• When going though a loading screen with a follower wearing a panel gag, the panel gag changes appearance to the version without plug. I can fix that by doing unequipitem and then equipitem on the panel gag rendered device.
  • Sometimes when equipping new devices on a NPC or even when changing inventory of a NPC, the currently equipped devices seem to "fall off". Again it looks like the problem is that the rendered device somehow gets unequipped; I can fix it with equipitem as above.

I fully realise that the game might not behave in that way on your computer. As the author of a similar mod in Fallout 4 I had quite a few situations where bugs only manifested on computers of other players. I suspect subtle differences in game setup (other mods, etc.), or maybe just black magic ?.

DDC will never have it's own MCM. Like DDX, its controls will appear in DDI's MCM. Being a framework, DDC does not need a lot of MCM controls. Most likely it will be mostly about keybindings etc.

48 minutes ago, Kimy said:

DDC will never have it's own MCM. Like DDX, its controls will appear in DDI's MCM. Being a framework, DDC does not need a lot of MCM controls. Most likely it will be mostly about keybindings etc.

Is there any way to see if it's actually loading and working? I don't see any test contraptions and I don't know where to build them.

7 hours ago, harakoni said:

Is there any way to see if it's actually loading and working? I don't see any test contraptions and I don't know where to build them.

Install the demo mod from this page and go to Riverwood. There are quite a number of devices in the town.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Will DDC have separate escape difficulty sliders? How is it handled right now?

Hello KIMY;-)

If you like to add the clothing-slots, it´s away of the TOUCH of the esp,/ esm, isn´t it?

I mean I could add new furnitures aside, WHILE you work on the script - is that correct?

And...look into your p.m. box, I shared some ideas with you for furniture use with playing DCL.

10 hours ago, harakoni said:

Alot of the furniture pieces don't match my character's limb positions. Is there some kind of bodyslide thing that I need to do for it to work?

Bodyslide has nothing to do with limb positions, but your ENB may change it. After i set enbseries.ini;

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=true

... the limbs aligned much better. I also changed UseOriginalPostProcessing=true but i think that's only for colors and effects, not vertex shaders. I could be wrong.

Used player race and racemenu settings may also effect. Nord should be the default that all things are designed for.

14 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Bodyslide has nothing to do with limb positions, but your ENB may change it. After i set enbseries.ini;

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=true

... the limbs aligned much better. I also changed UseOriginalPostProcessing=true but i think that's only for colors and effects, not vertex shaders. I could be wrong.

Used player race and racemenu settings may also effect. Nord should be the default that all things are designed for.

Hmm well I was testing it with a Nord and I don't use ENB

On 5/28/2020 at 1:24 AM, Flibustier said:

Hello, could you please elaborate on how to convert mods to SSE or share the link to converted mod, because I would like to try contraptions as well.

i just ran CAO (cathedral assets optimi.) on it and it seems to be working just fine. Easy way :)