7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Who is anyone on LL?

Tenri's patch (amongst other things) addressed a legitimate problem where some versions of PapyrusUtil fail to add the PC to the arousal processing array, so the PC doesn't contribute to the arousal of NPCs.

This is annoying if you want all your NPCs to get horny when the PC wanders around naked.

For whatever reason, the PapyrusUtil I used to test and develop SLAX didn't have that bug. At least, I didn't see it, and I was able to find the PC in lists where I expected them.

I might add a dedicated function to the C++ to handle that array operation, but it was actually easy to always leave space for the PC in-advance.

I have a local version where I fixed this, and the issue that causes log spam from the ArousedNips mod when calling into SLAX.

However, I didn't put it out, as it didn't seem worth a release on its own and I wanted to update the MCM for more complete handling of armor slots.

That change has been sitting around for months. (A bit like my fixed DF was).

It will get out fairly soon I hope, and I'll bring all the different ESPs into line, and it will all be simple again.

Then I can look at more interesting functionality extensions.

I'm also interested in making the scanner more responsive, particularly in indoor areas where people do most of their prostitution.

OK

Thanks

I'll be watching for your updates in due course

On 3/10/2021 at 1:20 PM, Lupine00 said:

Who is anyone on LL?

Tenri's patch (amongst other things) addressed a legitimate problem where some versions of PapyrusUtil fail to add the PC to the arousal processing array, so the PC doesn't contribute to the arousal of NPCs.

This is annoying if you want all your NPCs to get horny when the PC wanders around naked.

For whatever reason, the PapyrusUtil I used to test and develop SLAX didn't have that bug. At least, I didn't see it, and I was able to find the PC in lists where I expected them.

I might add a dedicated function to the C++ to handle that array operation, but it was actually easy to always leave space for the PC in-advance.

I have a local version where I fixed this, and the issue that causes log spam from the ArousedNips mod when calling into SLAX.

However, I didn't put it out, as it didn't seem worth a release on its own and I wanted to update the MCM for more complete handling of armor slots.

That change has been sitting around for months. (A bit like my fixed DF was).

It will get out fairly soon I hope, and I'll bring all the different ESPs into line, and it will all be simple again.

Then I can look at more interesting functionality extensions.

I'm also interested in making the scanner more responsive, particularly in indoor areas where people do most of their prostitution.

could u include Tenri's patch at your download page for completeness, thanks.

Exposure for creatures question. So creatures gain exposure from a naked npc, that works its fine. However is there a way for an npc/pc to gain exposure from a creature who is by default naked? Ex standing nude near creatures only raises their exposure and arousal not the pc npcs. Particularly standing next to an aroused creature should raise a pc/npc exposure but it doesnt. Is there an option for that, maybe its based on lewdness which is a tad difficult to understand?

On 3/15/2021 at 6:14 PM, skyrim482 said:

Exposure for creatures question. So creatures gain exposure from a naked npc, that works its fine. However is there a way for an npc/pc to gain exposure from a creature who is by default naked? Ex standing nude near creatures only raises their exposure and arousal not the pc npcs. Particularly standing next to an aroused creature should raise a pc/npc exposure but it doesnt. Is there an option for that, maybe its based on lewdness which is a tad difficult to understand?

I don't believe that currently exists. Plus, that could become extremely difficult to manage very quickly and would be more stressful on papyrus scripts. There are creatures basically EVERYWHERE, even if you don't notice them. So unless you basically lock your arousal at 100, you'd have a hard time going very long before your character becomes aroused again. That, or you'd have to set your arousal gains to a low number to in order to keep everything in check, but then it would be somewhat difficult to become aroused unless you were surrounded by creatures.

There are mods that utilize corruption and lewdness that make it harder for your character to become fully satisfied rather than make them more aroused, which ultimately achieves the same rate of sex acts per whatever amount of time, based on how "horny" creatures make your character. Personally, I find that compromise to be perfectly fine. It might not be the "perfect" solution, but it's probably the best we're going to get.

12 hours ago, NymphoElf said:

I don't believe that currently exists. Plus, that could become extremely difficult to manage very quickly and would be more stressful on papyrus scripts. There are creatures basically EVERYWHERE, even if you don't notice them. So unless you basically lock your arousal at 100, you'd have a hard time going very long before your character becomes aroused again. That, or you'd have to set your arousal gains to a low number to in order to keep everything in check, but then it would be somewhat difficult to become aroused unless you were surrounded by creatures.

There are mods that utilize corruption and lewdness that make it harder for your character to become fully satisfied rather than make them more aroused, which ultimately achieves the same rate of sex acts per whatever amount of time, based on how "horny" creatures make your character. Personally, I find that compromise to be perfectly fine. It might not be the "perfect" solution, but it's probably the best we're going to get.

It would be nice as an option for those characters who use things like SL aroused creatures. The problem I have is pc doesn't really gain arousal in creature sex situations. If she orgasms thats it and it would take hours game time for her to gain 1 or 2 arousal. Where as active sex with humanoids make the arousal go up fine. Creatures and creature sex does not add to exposure. What mods are you using to play off lewdness? I have survival which uses some of that.

Trying to find where in the SLA script i could possibly add a line for creatures to add to exposure for myself but im not entirely sure how to write the language correctly.

4 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

It would be nice as an option for those characters who use things like SL aroused creatures. The problem I have is pc doesn't really gain arousal in creature sex situations. If she orgasms thats it and it would take hours game time for her to gain 1 or 2 arousal. Where as active sex with humanoids make the arousal go up fine. Creatures and creature sex does not add to exposure. What mods are you using to play off lewdness? I have survival which uses some of that.

Trying to find where in the SLA script i could possibly add a line for creatures to add to exposure for myself but im not entirely sure how to write the language correctly.

I think you have an error with your Sexlab Aroused installation then. The way you're gaining and losing arousal is backwards from what it's supposed to do.

You're supposed to gain arousal from seeing NPCs in erotic clothes or when they're naked (typically if you witness a sex act between NPCs, if you have mods for that). You also gain arousal if your character is naked and they're flagged as an exhibitionist. You also gain arousal (if you have the proper settings) if you fail to orgasm from sex.

When your character orgasms, that's supposed to cause a massive decrease in arousal. You also passively lose or gain arousal over time based on other conditions (exposure should decrease and time arousal should ultimately increase).

22 hours ago, NymphoElf said:

I think you have an error with your Sexlab Aroused installation then. The way you're gaining and losing arousal is backwards from what it's supposed to do.

You're supposed to gain arousal from seeing NPCs in erotic clothes or when they're naked (typically if you witness a sex act between NPCs, if you have mods for that). You also gain arousal if your character is naked and they're flagged as an exhibitionist. You also gain arousal (if you have the proper settings) if you fail to orgasm from sex.

When your character orgasms, that's supposed to cause a massive decrease in arousal. You also passively lose or gain arousal over time based on other conditions (exposure should decrease and time arousal should ultimately increase).

Right, something seemed off with the arousal implementations in my game. New or otherwise, I found a another Aroused replacement that has what i was asking about built in and everything else is now working correctly as well. Thanks for your help. 

Sorry for the noob question, but im still new to modding skyrim and the aroused mod is confusing me slightly...

First off is really how the arouse formula works out how aroused you get without having any influence involved eg. seeing sexy armour, sex or naked bodies ect

Secondly is cos i play with cursed loot and other mods which include events happening when your arousal meets a certain level... can i have my arouse increase over time (without extra influence involved) instead of decrease (which i thought the mod would do) so i would have to have sex to lower and manage my arousal level?

im only really asking this way cos after looking through the support pages to find an answer.. two quotes came up which got me confused a little...

from sexlab aroused redux support..

is there a way to change how arousal grows?

from all i know, arousal should be lowest after orgasm/being satisfied and grow slowly just by itself and strongly if watching nudity or sexual acts.

that's the exact opposite of what happens with this mod.

currently, after having had sex with my followers who were just too aroused and just went after me, they are at 100 arousal and will do so again, once the 120 seconds cooldown is over. and that in a loop.

in reality, they'd be satisfied and slowly start getting aroused again by watching my ass wiggle infront of them while traveling.

for example, if every character would gain 1 arousal each minute without seeing anything sexual or nudity, they'd reach 60 by the hour and might want to have sex. by 1,5h, they'd be at 90 arousal and be really desperate and might even do stupid/illegal things to fuck (rape).

if my char runs around buttnaked in their LOS all the time, they might add 3 each minute and lose the fight against their urges after 30 minutes.

with the default timescale of 30, those 30 minutes are (damn, i'm bad at maths) 900 skyrimminutes = 15 skyrimhours...

well, better make it 5 without , 10 with seeing nudity and 15 with seeing sexual acts.

i hope you understand what i mean and thanks again for the great mod.

answer - Arousal is not gained by time alone.  Doing so would overload the papyrus engine.  Also remember that arousal reduction when having sex depends on the characters preferences and the sex act.

*(this i thought was how slar worked but... seems like it i was wrong)*

tho reading through your mod description on how you have tweaked slar i came across one of your quotes..

After orgasm, time since orgasm will be 0.

If time-rate is 100, then it takes 24 hours to reach 100 arousal with no exposure.

This is slow in real terms, but fairly quick in Skyrim terms as it's just over an hour of play-time at 20:1 time ratio.

Before saying this is dumb, we should consider it's in the absence of any arousing events whatsoever.

You'll get that 100 arousal after a day of sitting alone in an empty room watching the lights flicker.

so.. does arouse in your mod increase over time instead of decrease? or am i getting confused somewhere? cos if it increasing's over time instead of decrease, then ill swap to this mod instead of slar

the aroused is constantly rising. like if i reset it to zero, it will raise to 100 within a minute or two even if wearing nonsexual clothes.

same for all followers.

but nearly all non-party NPCs seem to be immune to arousal changes even if a female char would perform a striptease dance directly infront of them.

then again, without warning NPCs start humping eachother - i mean i had everything setup to represent arousal by SOS and they were 100% limp, then suddenly initiated orgies.

• 2 weeks later...

This is basically what I've been looking for, just sorta stumbled into here so I'm going to follow this.

Im mostly hoping for an SSE port, I noticed @MasterDev put up some files to use but unless someone makes a little tutorial (please?) I'm not sure I'm script savvy enough to do it right >.>

After scanning through all the pages I also saw that Lupine mentioned an SSE port on the to do list about a year ago, so I'm kind of curious how close we are to an official one. Unless there's already one and I just havent found it? *fingers crossed*

@Lupine00

So, I have a few questions:
1) I have an issue where the Minimum Time Rate slider doesn't work. For example, I set Minimum Time Rate to 2, it will still drop below 2 if given enough time. Is there a way I can fix this?
2) Though I have used the .dll provided in the comments here as a "patch" for this mod to work on SE, are there any plans to make this mod fully SE compatible? I really like this mod and I'm looking forward to the next update.

Thank you for your time!

32 minutes ago, NymphoElf said:

Though I have used the .dll provided in the comments here as a "patch" for this mod to work on SE, are there any plans to make this mod fully SE compatible? I really like this mod and I'm looking forward to the next update.

I'm looking to do some work on SLAX very soon. Which I've been saying for about a year.

But assuming no shocks with DFC 2.14.0, it will be so. I wouldn't even be doing that, but Hexbolt put in a lot of effort to make the SLTR hand-off work so I'm just making sure that gets supported.

SE version ... at some point I'm going to move to SE ... but my LE version looks really nice right now.

There's a big time cost to moving, so it will be months, but certainly this year.

I may create an SE version of the DLL before I move to SE properly, but there are some complexities I don't really "get" about SKSE for SE yet.

There is stuff SLS needs, so I will definitely be doing something soon.

Sorry if this was asked before,

Does anybody know the difference with Bakafactory SL aroused version ? I've read it's the same as Aroused extended but with keywords added. It seems i need it for the keywords for Babo Dialogue. Is it ok to overwrite with Bakafactory's version with Tenri's fixes over it ? On a current save ?

On 4/12/2021 at 9:34 AM, Lupine00 said:

I may create an SE version of the DLL before I move to SE properly, but there are some complexities I don't really "get" about SKSE for SE yet.

I'm happy to provide the source for mine. I moved to cmake and use CommonLibSSE. It's much easier to understand than SKSE64 with vsproj files, imho. Can build with VSCode directly and easily. I've been using it flawlessly for some time now (though I'm not sure our arousal calculations are identical). It behaves reasonably though.

10 hours ago, MasterDev said:

It's much easier to understand than SKSE64 with vsproj files, imho.

Building C++ in VS isn't an obstacle for me.

It's the version DLL thing that everyone uses that I don't quite get.

What is that achieving?

Beyond that, porting my code to 64 should just be cut+paste, but I suspect some header inclusions might be different.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It's the version DLL thing that everyone uses that I don't quite get.

What is that achieving?

Hopefully I understand what you're asking and I'm not being overly pedantic :D. "Address Library" automatically makes SKSE DLLs built with it work for the current version of SKSE back through all versions that it supports, so you don't have to build/ship multiple different DLLs. When there's a new version of Skysim/SKSE, the user only has to update Address Library and the DLL should work automatically.

CommonLibSSE handles Address Library on the developer end automatically without any user modifications. This is a huge boon since there aren't many examples for using Address Library using the SKSE SDK, and so it's hard to wrap your head around initially. That said, I haven't tried my DLLs on older versions since I switched to CommonLibSSE, so I can't verify with absolute certainty that this functionality works, but it probably does.

1 hour ago, MasterDev said:

When there's a new version of Skysim/SKSE, the user only has to update Address Library and the DLL should work automatically.

That's what I thought. But does anyone run old versions?

It was an issue when SKSE was immature on 64, but I'm suspicious it won't be updated again in a long while, if ever.

31 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

That's what I thought. But does anyone run old versions?

Oddly, yes. It comes up sometimes for some reason. People really don't like updating all their SKSE mods, or their favorite dll was never updated and they're stuck in the past. Whether you want to support these people is a different question. There aren't that many, at this point.

32 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

It was an issue when SKSE was immature on 64, but I'm suspicious it won't be updated again in a long while, if ever.

SKSE becomes version incompatible when Bethesda updates SSE (sometimes, depending on how they change the binary). So if they push some updates to hype up for TES6 or something, it will possibly break. If you want either version, I probably have the vsproj laying around somewhere too, and I'm happy to transfer the source to you for both versions if you're interested. No worries if not. I don't particularly care about credit and won't create any ownership drama, if you're worried about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Development work is now reality for SLAX!

I will be working exclusively on SLAX until end of May, and after that it will have to share time with DFC and SLD, but I do plan to spend at least a month exclusively on it, and have a genuine release.