29 minutes ago, Gothfather said:

So you did a great job of NOT using an acronym until after you said the whole thing out at least once but you failed with SLSO.  And doing a search for an acronym is a lesson if frustration as I can almost 100% guarantee that the acronym isn't included in the title. So you get a lot of results of people just using the acronym without what the acronym stands for. I know it is easy to assume people know what XXX means especially if it is a popular mod but not everyone uses the same mods. Also people just starting to use sexlab framework don't have any reference points. 

/rant 

What is SLSO?

SexLab Separate Orgasm

Edit:  Try improving your search-fu by using "site:loverslab.com SLSO". 1st hit in DuckDuckGo was the exact thing you were asking about.

9 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

SexLab Separate Orgasm

Edit:  Try improving your search-fu by using "site:loverslab.com SLSO". 1st hit in DuckDuckGo was the exact thing you were asking about.

I did a search on this site with the search function, using SLSO and Separate Orgasm is like the 6th or 7th result so... It isn't like I didn't search for it. Did I get the result you feel i should have? no. But in fairness if I should improve my search skills people should learn proper uses of an acronym. Acronyms should only be use AFTER typing out the whole thing once. And this wasn't just a random post this was a post of a description for a mod where clarity is vital and rests of the shoulders of the mod author not the reader.  And they did a damn fine job with all those other mods mentioned but the one mod that they were talking about actual integration for they just used an acronym. So I did a minor comment and used the /rant in the post to show it shouldn't be taken 100% seriously as a rant.  But...

There is always some self righteous (Aggrieved Serious Someone) that feels because you didn't do it "my way"  you need to git gud like them. 

11 minutes ago, Gothfather said:

I did a search on this site with the search function, using SLSO and Separate Orgasm is like the 6th or 7th result so... It isn't like I didn't search for it. Did I get the result you feel i should have? no. But in fairness if I should improve my search skills people should learn proper uses of an acronym. Acronyms should only be use AFTER typing out the whole thing once. And this wasn't just a random post this was a post of a description for a mod where clarity is vital and rests of the shoulders of the mod author not the reader.  And they did a damn fine job with all those other mods mentioned but the one mod that they were talking about actual integration for they just used an acronym. So I did a minor comment and used the /rant in the post to show it shouldn't be taken 100% seriously as a rant.  But...

There is always some self righteous (Aggrieved Serious Someone) that feels because you didn't do it "my way"  you need to git gud like them. 

I see your rant mode is still engaged.  Makes suggestions look like attacks.  Like shit stained rose-colored glasses.

External search engines work better than the LL site search.  Just a fact of life.  Deep breaths help.

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

I see your rant mode is still engaged.  Makes suggestions look like attacks.  Like shit stained rose-colored glasses.

External search engines work better than the LL site search.  Just a fact of life.  Deep breaths help.

Yep you are an Aggrieved serious someone.

15 hours ago, Gothfather said:

So you did a great job of NOT using an acronym until after you said the whole thing out at least once but you failed with SLSO.  And doing a search for an acronym is a lesson if frustration as I can almost 100% guarantee that the acronym isn't included in the title. So you get a lot of results of people just using the acronym without what the acronym stands for. I know it is easy to assume people know what XXX means especially if it is a popular mod but not everyone uses the same mods. Also people just starting to use sexlab framework don't have any reference points. 

/rant 

What is SLSO?

You've been posting to the Skyrim LL forums for years. I find it hard to believe you're not aware of at least some of the more popular acronyms, with SLA/SLAR/SLAX being among them. You should also know by now that you could always ask.

Not trying to be mean, just making an observation.

5 hours ago, NymphoElf said:

You've been posting to the Skyrim LL forums for years. I find it hard to believe you're not aware of at least some of the more popular acronyms, with SLA/SLAR/SLAX being among them. You should also know by now that you could always ask.

Not trying to be mean, just making an observation.

I never used sexlab until this yesterday for skyrim. Well not strictly true I downloaded the very first beta version of it when it had zero plugin support. To have a look at the progress, of things and I recall that the hurtle they had just overcome was the ability to add animations as that wasn't possible in the beginning. It was barebones and I recall people complaining it wasn't as good as the old oblivion system. Well yeah it just came out and they just got over the hurtle of adding animations to skyrim.

I haven't played Skyrim itself for 3 years. Not everyone that uses the site uses sexlab I have zero clue what most sexlab acronyms are. You can either believe me or not. If you don't well then you have a very weird view of things because that would mean I posted my post knowing full well what SLSO meant just so I could ask. Who would do that?

And I did ASK. You  quoted the question yourself.

[Edit] It was answered with an admonishment that I should have search for it. So Yeah asking is an option until some Aggrieved Serious Someone takes offense that you dared to ask, because i failed to find the answer using the site search option. There has got to be some kind of irony here somewhere. 

9 hours ago, Gothfather said:

I never used sexlab until this yesterday for skyrim. Well not strictly true I downloaded the very first beta version of it when it had zero plugin support. To have a look at the progress, of things and I recall that the hurtle they had just overcome was the ability to add animations as that wasn't possible in the beginning. It was barebones and I recall people complaining it wasn't as good as the old oblivion system. Well yeah it just came out and they just got over the hurtle of adding animations to skyrim.

I haven't played Skyrim itself for 3 years. Not everyone that uses the site uses sexlab I have zero clue what most sexlab acronyms are. You can either believe me or not. If you don't well then you have a very weird view of things because that would mean I posted my post knowing full well what SLSO meant just so I could ask. Who would do that?

And I did ASK. You  quoted the question yourself.

[Edit] It was answered with an admonishment that I should have search for it. So Yeah asking is an option until some Aggrieved Serious Someone takes offense that you dared to ask, because i failed to find the answer using the site search option. There has got to be some kind of irony here somewhere. 

My Main Point
Yes, you asked, but not before making a sarcastic and condescending rant about a simple mistake. I'm just pointing out that it was unnecessary. You're more likely to receive polite answers to your questions if you are polite in your asking.

Secondary Point(s)

That person didn't take offense until you became aggressive in your reply. They simply offered additional help in case you ran into a similar issue in the future. Why you took it as a personal attack is beyond my understanding.

After glancing through your activity history, I did notice that almost every mod topic you replied to before this one didn't strictly require Sexlab to use. I still don't fully understand how or why you haven't started using it earlier, but I'm not judging.

I also took a few years off from the game, coincidentally around the same time you stopped playing. I don't understand how that has any bearing to your argument.

Lastly, there's always going to be that random asshole that you run into. That doesn't mean you have to become one. Don't reward bad behavior by perpetuating it.

7 hours ago, NymphoElf said:

My Main Point
Yes, you asked, but not before making a sarcastic and condescending rant about a simple mistake. I'm just pointing out that it was unnecessary. You're more likely to receive polite answers to your questions if you are polite in your asking.

Secondary Point(s)

That person didn't take offense until you became aggressive in your reply. They simply offered additional help in case you ran into a similar issue in the future. Why you took it as a personal attack is beyond my understanding.

After glancing through your activity history, I did notice that almost every mod topic you replied to before this one didn't strictly require Sexlab to use. I still don't fully understand how or why you haven't started using it earlier, but I'm not judging.

I also took a few years off from the game, coincidentally around the same time you stopped playing. I don't understand how that has any bearing to your argument.

Lastly, there's always going to be that random asshole that you run into. That doesn't mean you have to become one. Don't reward bad behavior by perpetuating it.

There was no condescension in my post, yes it was sarcastic because if it wasn't sarcastic that means it was serious and then it would be everything you ascribed to it. The sarcasm should be noted was directed at the post itself not the mod author, by pointing out yeah this was a mini rant and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

There is some selective reading going on here as I specifically praised the OP in a follow up post. That isn't the act of condescension to point out a mistake while actively praising someone in a clarification post. I apologies if my post was unclear lead to confusion. 

On 2/13/2021 at 3:00 PM, Gothfather said:

And they did a damn fine job with all those other mods mentioned

However that edit to the post that answered my question was rude and insulting. Now it isn't  enough to just search for things you have to use a specific search engine and do a site search at that to not get  chastised. No longer is using the search feature of a website enough if you ask a question. It unironically has the very condescension you accuse me of having with out any sarcasm towards the statement itself. Lets not pretend it was innocent. 

Well I'm glad your detective work shows that I didn't lie to you.  Why I would go through the effort to pretend not to know what SLSO is just so I could post my comment and then concoct some elaborate lie about never using sexlab? Why would anyone do that? 

I mentioned the time off to further explain why it being 9 years since the game's release I never got around to sexlab. Three years not playing skyrim is three years not having any reason to try it. It was present as further evidence how i was utterly clueless on what SLSO was, if I am not playing I am not downloading mods, and if I am not downloading mods I am not visiting Loverslab. And if I am not here I am not being exposed to any acronyms even in passing. Also if SLSO was released within the last 3 years that could also help to explain how I never heard of it, because i wasn't playing skyrim. Since you found it hard to believe I had no idea what it was. So I added it as a reference point. Seems to me including it had ever relevance to my point of not knowing what SLSO was.

Why i never tried sexlab before?  Because at first i was waiting for it to mature as it was very rough at the start and very buggy . At the start there was little plugin support. Which is no dig on it, it was just brand new and needed time and effort to make it better. And so I waited, then there was the advent of SSE. My mod build of skyrim was always unstable because I always pushed the ram limit and even with engine tricks to bypass ram limits skyrim was always unstable for me if I modded it how I wanted. So I jumped over to SSE for stability. SSE didn't have as many mods, sexlab as i recall wasn't ported right away and took a bit of time to cross over. The number of plugins for the sexlab se were limited while I was still playing sse, so I never took the plunge.

As a note of clarification my sexual proclivities tend towards the vanilla so my recollection of availability of plugin is likely skewed by this so it might be more accurate to say there were limited plugins I was interested in at the various points I make a claim for little plugin support, here and previously. Lack of plugin support is how I recall things but it might not strictly be true. 

I had no Idea what SLSO was, there was no malice or condescension towards the author of the mod by me. If it was viewed as such then I apologize. 

4 hours ago, Gothfather said:

There was no condescension in my post, yes it was sarcastic because if it wasn't sarcastic that means it was serious and then it would be everything you ascribed to it. The sarcasm should be noted was directed at the post itself not the mod author, by pointing out yeah this was a mini rant and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I stopped reading after that. You're trying to back-pedal because you know what you did was wrong and are now trying to justify it.

After that, I DON'T take you seriously anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

@Lupine00

@Tenri

Hi folks

I have a new game going, and as soon as SLAX kicks in I start to get

-  'None faction' errors when SLAX is enabled for the player character

-   When 'disabled' is set in the SLAX MCM, the Player character shows 0 values, but other NPCs are still shown as being acted on by SLAX.  I know that other mods will

update Arousal values so there may be nothing in that, but it would be good to know that that';s as intended  

TBH, I'm probably not so bothered that SLAX values are maybe a bit squiff, as I am about the possibility that the errors may be screwing up other mods activities by bouncing them out of the park at points, as well as the potential load placed on the game also maybe causing grief

Are these 'real' problems? - I guess the 'error' might be    LOL

While I'm here, @Lupine00, you said a long time ago that you would probably cut down on the SLAX game load, by giving us the chance to cut out all the SLAX logging.  Any idea when that might be, please?  It feels like a slowed down death by strangulation at times ... LOL 

Anyway .....

========================

Game Setup Includes:

MO1

SLAX 2.9 Base

..... as overwritten by

SLAX Edits 8 (Tenri Fixes)

...so I think that the errors reported show script row numbers from Tenri's version of

slaframeworkscr.psc

-----------------------

The 'None Faction' error appears only in logs where SLAX is enabled - Papyrus.0.log attached

This excerpt here shows, helpfull I hope, the  immediate start of 'Non Faction' issue right after SLAX initialisation, where player character is 'Jenna' ............. 

[03/08/2021 - 02:45:37AM] SLAX - initialize state - OnUpdate
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:37AM] SLAX - RegisterForModEvents - no SLSO found - using basic events
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:37AM] SLAX - Initialize state - set up key handling
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:37AM] SLAX - UpdateKeyRegistry - key 49
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:37AM] SLAX found Devious Devices - Assets.esm
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:37AM] SLAX - return to empty state
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:39AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Jenna is 15.498300
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:39AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Jenna returns 13.690319
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:39AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Jenna is 15.498300
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:39AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Jenna returns 13.690074
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:40AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Jenna is 15.498300
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:40AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Jenna returns 13.689796
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:47AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.SetFactionRank() - "<native>" Line ?
    [sla_Framework (1604290F)].slautilscr.GetActorMasochism() - "slaframeworkscr.psc" Line 294
    [sla_Framework (1604290F)].slautilscr.GetActorArousal() - "slaframeworkscr.psc" Line 832
    [dcur_clocktick (B404F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.breastresize() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 748
    [dcur_clocktick (B404F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.initialize() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 154
    [dcur_clocktick (B404F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.clocktickshort() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 1355
    [dcur_clocktick (B404F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.OnUpdate() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 1548
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:47AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Jenna is 15.498300
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:47AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Jenna returns 13.685016
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:47AM] [DCUR] Scanning for followers
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:48AM] [DCUR] Periodical update starts
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:48AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
    [sla_Framework (1604290F)].slautilscr.GetActorMasochism() - "slaframeworkscr.psc" Line 294
    [sla_Framework (1604290F)].slautilscr.GetActorArousal() - "slaframeworkscr.psc" Line 832
    [dcur_clocktick (B404F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.clocktickshort() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 1402
    [dcur_clocktick (B404F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.OnUpdate() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 1548
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:48AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Jenna is 15.498300
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:49AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Jenna returns 13.684257
[03/08/2021 - 02:45:49AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction

etc etc etc

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The 'Non Faction error does not appear when the SLAX value calculation is 'disabled' in the MCM, the PC showing here as having 0 absolute and change values, but NPC values are still being calculated  - Papyrus.3.log attached

As already stated, I know that other mods will update Arousal values via SLAXso that in itself might really not be a big deal, but the 'None Faction' error is definitely gone

I know that other mods will

update Arousal values so there may be nothing in that 

This excerpt shows a sample where Player Character is 'Jenna'  ............. 

03/08/2021 - 01:05:06AM] SLAX - FindActorWillOrgasm - Jenna in a position with gender #1
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] [SLP]Checking actor gender
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] [SLP]    kActor: [Actor < (C604C873)>]
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] [SLP]    kActorBase: [ActorBase < (C602E187)>]
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - FindActorWillOrgasm - Jenna in a female position - can orgasm TRUE
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] [SLP] OnSexLabEnd: Player in animation
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Katla is 0.062563
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Katla returns 0.038491
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - UpdateActorExposure - BEGIN Jenna from 0.000000 by -35.502712 because having orgasm
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Ulla is 23.993700
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Ulla returns 14.969643
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Jenna is 0.000000
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:07AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Jenna returns 0.000000
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:08AM] [Zad]: Set slot mask to [338165760]: 338165760
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:08AM] SLAX - UpdateActorExposure - END   Jenna to 0.000000 (int) 0
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:08AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure BEGIN Bandit Explorer is 23.993700
[03/08/2021 - 01:05:08AM] SLAX - GetActorExposure END   Bandit Explorer returns 23.733580

...and so on

======================================

Papyrus.0.log Papyrus.3.log

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

as soon as SLAX kicks in I start to get

Definitely broken. Not expected behavior.

You are in LE, right?

Feels like SLAX didn't load properly into your game initially. Because this is Skyrim, that's probably caused by another mod, for no obvious reason.

Unless you have actual merge issues - maybe check you didn't make some merge patch, including SLAX, that is now stale?

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Definitely broken. Not expected behavior.

You are in LE, right?

Feels like SLAX didn't load properly into your game initially. Because this is Skyrim, that's probably caused by another mod, for no obvious reason.

Unless you have actual merge issues - maybe check you didn't make some merge patch, including SLAX, that is now stale?

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Def using LE! 

I'll have a look and see if I can narrow down anything specific.  Merges should be unlikely as, for general safety, I mainly merge followers and armours etc but I have merged a few LL location mods recently, so I'll start there

If I do suss this out, I'll let you know. 

10 hours ago, donkeywho said:

While I'm here, @Lupine00, you said a long time ago that you would probably cut down on the SLAX game load, by giving us the chance to cut out all the SLAX logging.  Any idea when that might be, please?  It feels like a slowed down death by strangulation at times ... LOL 

Well I doubt the logging is having a perceptible difference, but it does log a lot during sex.

I don't believe this adds any meaningful load, TBH, but I do want to reduce the logging in future.

Work on SLAX ... it's coming ... as soon as I decide not to do another iteration on DFC and do SLAX.

It could be the next thing I do, or I might push on and get the license mechanics into DFC first.

It will probably be after that.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Well I doubt the logging is having a perceptible difference, but it does log a lot during sex.

I don't believe this adds any meaningful load, TBH, but I do want to reduce the logging in future.

Work on SLAX ... it's coming ... as soon as I decide not to do another iteration on DFC and do SLAX.

It could be the next thing I do, or I might push on and get the license mechanics into DFC first.

It will probably be after that.

OK

Thanks for the update

On 3/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, donkeywho said:

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Def using LE! 

I'll have a look and see if I can narrow down anything specific.  Merges should be unlikely as, for general safety, I mainly merge followers and armours etc but I have merged a few LL location mods recently, so I'll start there

If I do suss this out, I'll let you know. 

@Lupine00 @Tenri

Hi again

I had another look at this.  I am no techie, but what I can deduce from what I can see is as follows

As a reminder, the Error I have been getting is

'Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction'

.... followed by the log showing stacks of SLAX scripts, in the form:

[sla_Framework (1604290F)].slautilscr.GetActorFatigue() - "slaframeworkscr.psc" Line 185
    [sla_Framework (1604290F)].slautilscr.GetActorArousal() - "slaframeworkscr.psc" Line 841

I used Faction Spy and Inte's Sexlab Utiltiy Mod to look at the player factions and compare those with the factions included in "slaframeworkscr.psc"

There is a faction dealt with in that script, (the  @Tenri Edits 8 version, which I think adds factions not in the original 2.9 191021 version) that doesn't seem to appear in my player's game Factions, as reported by Faction Spy or SUM.  It is

'slaFrustration'

The attached txt file shows the results of searches on that script

on 'SetActor'

on 'SetFaction'

on 'Frustration'

These excerpts imply that there is a faction in the script called 'slafFrustration' that is not appearing as attached to the player in game - at least insofar as Faction Spy and SUM are concerned

Is that maybe the source of the repeated 'None faction' error, the subsequent Actor.SetFactionRank() fail, and the resultant other dumps?

I'm conscious that in my limited understanding I might be talking utter bollocks but, whatever, TIA for any time you might be able to give this, especially given the latest DF release

210309 SLAX SetFactionRank Missing Faction.txt

6 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Is that maybe the source of the repeated 'None faction' error, the subsequent Actor.SetFactionRank() fail, and the resultant other dumps?

That would be why I know nothing about it... if it's from a Tenri script...

Also, Babo has added more keywords and possibly factions, so I think the Babo ESP is the "latest" and most extensive at the moment.

When we discussed it, it was only keywords, so I'm not sure on that front.

Also, the SL "modular edition" has cut+pasted my code verbatim, and ... cannibalized most of this mod's front page ... without giving any credit, and creating the false impression that the rewrite of the Papyrus code was done by that author. Nice! It adds some things, but I didn't look into what they might be, but in terms of file-by-file compare, I found that "modular" is, in fact, SLAX-identical, but with two script files renamed. How the "modules" hook in, I don't know, but they must be truly modular! As I didn't notice any obvious hooks for them. The C++ does differ, though I believe the author of "modular" expresses rage that they weren't able to simply copy and take credit for that too. That was actually just chance that I didn't have time to factor out the C++ sources and add them to a release that is a rough alpha I put out to get the factions and keywords available to others, and is by no means my idea of a finished mod.

I think SLAX is pretty useable as it is, but the current release is not indicative of my intended endpoint.

You don't even need the Tenri patch if you have a completely working PapyrusUtil, which I do ... somehow.

I really don't care about the copying, the code is there, free to use - and it's built on the work of others in any case - I don't want to block anyone from using it.

But the appropriation, mis-representation, and false credit-taking is a little disgusting.

If you were to believe what's on that mod's page, the author rewrote the entire papyrus for performance, then enhanced it further using C++.

That's actually what I did, and the Papyrus is all my rewrite, complete with my bugs!

They did have to recreate the C++, as far as I can tell, though they didn't recreate all of it.

If that author would update either their page or their code so that it's less of a disingenuous attempt to take credit for the work of others, that would be nice.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

That would be why I know nothing about it... if it's from a Tenri script...

Also, Babo has added more keywords and possibly factions, so I think the Babo ESP is the "latest" and most extensive at the moment.

When we discussed it, it was only keywords, so I'm not sure on that front.

Also, the SL "modular edition" has cut+pasted my code verbatim, and ... cannibalized most of this mod's front page ... without giving any credit, and creating the false impression that the rewrite of the Papyrus code was done by that author. Nice! It adds some things, but I didn't look into what they might be, but in terms of file-by-file compare, I found that "modular" is, in fact, SLAX-identical, but with two script files renamed. How the "modules" hook in, I don't know, but they must be truly modular! As I didn't notice any obvious hooks for them. The C++ does differ, though I believe the author of "modular" expresses rage that they weren't able to simply copy and take credit for that too. That was actually just chance that I didn't have time to factor out the C++ sources and add them to a release that is a rough alpha I put out to get the factions and keywords available to others, and is by no means my idea of a finished mod.

I think SLAX is pretty useable as it is, but the current release is not indicative of my intended endpoint.

You don't even need the Tenri patch if you have a completely working PapyrusUtil, which I do ... somehow.

I really don't care about the copying, the code is there, free to use - and it's built on the work of others in any case - I don't want to block anyone from using it.

But the appropriation, mis-representation, and false credit-taking is a little disgusting.

If you were to believe what's on that mod's page, the author rewrote the entire papyrus for performance, then enhanced it further using C++.

That's actually what I did, and the Papyrus is all my rewrite, complete with my bugs!

They did have to recreate the C++, as far as I can tell, though they didn't recreate all of it.

If that author would update either their page or their code so that it's less of a disingenuous attempt to take credit for the work of others, that would be nice.

Thanks again for replying

Mercifully, I know nothing of the history and geeowhizpolitics of all this

I think it might be simplest for me to try just reverting to your 2.9 and then see what happens.  I have never been near the 'Babo/FactoryClose' version and had always used the 'raw' 2.9 before - at least until I saw the 'Tenri' patches posted in your thread  LOL    I realised that it was the 'Tenri' Edit script that had introduced all the 'faction' changes - and maybe my current problem? - and it's a whole lot different from your 2.9 issue

I have no idea who ' @Tenri ' is either, other than that they have a some patches for things floating around and provide quite helpful stuff on a few threads.  We'll just have to wait and see if they put their head above the parapet when next online, and tell us if their script maybe is borked or, more likely, prove that I'm just talking out of my ass

It's late here, so Goodnight and Sleep Well  ?

bo

34 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

I have no idea who ' @Tenri ' is either, other than that they have a some patches for things floating around and provide quite helpful stuff on a few threads.

Who is anyone on LL?

Tenri's patch (amongst other things) addressed a legitimate problem where some versions of PapyrusUtil fail to add the PC to the arousal processing array, so the PC doesn't contribute to the arousal of NPCs.

This is annoying if you want all your NPCs to get horny when the PC wanders around naked.

For whatever reason, the PapyrusUtil I used to test and develop SLAX didn't have that bug. At least, I didn't see it, and I was able to find the PC in lists where I expected them.

I might add a dedicated function to the C++ to handle that array operation, but it was actually easy to always leave space for the PC in-advance.

I have a local version where I fixed this, and the issue that causes log spam from the ArousedNips mod when calling into SLAX.

However, I didn't put it out, as it didn't seem worth a release on its own and I wanted to update the MCM for more complete handling of armor slots.

That change has been sitting around for months. (A bit like my fixed DF was).

It will get out fairly soon I hope, and I'll bring all the different ESPs into line, and it will all be simple again.

Then I can look at more interesting functionality extensions.

I'm also interested in making the scanner more responsive, particularly in indoor areas where people do most of their prostitution.