2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Initial guess is that F4SE isn't installed correctly (missing scripts maybe), but it's hard to say without more info. Your best bet is to run the AAF_GFV.EXE (AAF Game Files Verifier) utility from the #tools channel on the AAF Discord. For that matter, ask in their #help-nsfw channel and folks there are generally happy to assist with troubleshooting AAF installation/startup issues.

Thanks for the tip. I've been running F4SE for a long time and only uninstalled/reinstalled it. I completely deleted it this time and downloaded a fresh batch. unfortunately that didn't work. the tool you suggested was immediately flagged by Windows and deleted so thats a no-go. I may try asking around over there, but at this point, THIS mod seems to be working and giving all the scenarios and effects, just no cut scenes, so its still playable and well its just more of a hardcore version of FONV so Im fine with that. I'll probably just not worry about it.

34 minutes ago, DemoMother said:

Thanks for the tip. I've been running F4SE for a long time and only uninstalled/reinstalled it. I completely deleted it this time and downloaded a fresh batch. unfortunately that didn't work. the tool you suggested was immediately flagged by Windows and deleted so thats a no-go. I may try asking around over there, but at this point, THIS mod seems to be working and giving all the scenarios and effects, just no cut scenes, so its still playable and well its just more of a hardcore version of FONV so Im fine with that. I'll probably just not worry about it.

Boy, I dunno what to tell you. F4SE was gonna be my next suggestion too. There is no button. It should automatically be called by the script. Though you need to make sure AAF works by itself (with animations of course) using the AAF hotkey.

Update.

I spent all day bringing my 1.6 XMLs up to the changes made in 1.59D, a significant amount of that was chasing an elusive 30% bug, which eventually ended up being 2 positions that said "animationGroup" when they should have said "animation"... Le sigh. XMLs are a bitch yo.

Initial experiments point at the splitting of the ESM being successful. Next I need to split off the things that are gonna be part of the master (Like Character traits/Sexual History) into a seperate MCM.

Then comes the really FUUUUN part of seperating the Main Hardship script and the functions script in 2 to accomodate things that will now be handled by the Master.

It may sound like I'm bellyaching but this is going remarkably smoothly honestly.

Hello, I have been playing with your Mod for some time and it works well. But I decided to change version since it requires less dependency.

But my female character, when he makes a sex animation, takes a male body .. and I have absolutely no idea why. the female Pnj have a female body during sex animations but not the player character ...

Anyone have any idea what is causing this bug?

(I installed the new version of the mod on a new game)

3 hours ago, OlafOlafOlaf2 said:

I was wondering if you have any plans to update your DLYH mod at some point, eg. adding new feature or even doing a LL version?

I've considered both things yes. I'd like to add more alternate starts to it, and an LL version where Professor Scara enslaves you, but I have a lot on my plate. (In my head canon Professor (Yes that is her given name) is Bi but Duff is gay. I think the Hardship interactions reflect that (but it's been a while, and I mix it up with stuff I did for the unreleased Chempusher.) I'm really fascinated with those characters and always add some unique content for them in my mods.

9 minutes ago, rypley said:

Hello, I have been playing with your Mod for some time and it works well. But I decided to change version since it requires less dependency.

But my female character, when he makes a sex animation, takes a male body .. and I have absolutely no idea why. the female Pnj have a female body during sex animations but not the player character ...

That's extremely weird. I haven't touched anything to do with the sex scripts since the first 1.5.9 and I wouldn't know how to produce that effect even on purpose. :D

29 minutes ago, rypley said:

I remember that this happened on two occasions:

If you start a game as a man and then use the command "sexchange" to be a woman. In AAF you will be a man in any way.

The second is hard for me to remember the reason because it only happened once. But I think it was related to Bodyslide and Unique Player. I'm trying to remember what the exact origin was, but I can't. I just remember that when I took Nora's clothes off, she had a man's body, lol. I was so pissed off because I just wanted to enjoy a prostitution mod and that "muscular Nora" wouldn't allow it; I wasted a couple of hours getting the problem.

18 hours ago, DemoMother said:

the tool you suggested was immediately flagged by Windows and deleted so thats a no-go.

Yep, the author of AAF_GFV.EXE doesn't want to pay Microsoft to get every release signed, and I can't say I blame them. The built-in "threat protection" in Windows these days relies on a ton of AI trained on malware samples, and the patterns it identifies also often turn up in other software, but M$ helpfully omits matches on anything someone's paid to get signed. I personally just go into the Windows threat protection and restore the quarantined file, but it's understandable if you're not comfortable doing that.

In short, make sure your F4SE version supports the F04 runtime version you have, and that you copied the F4SE scripts into place correctly. Also make sure the version of F4SE matches what your version of AAF needs, and that you're not overwriting any of F4SE's scripts (for example with the ZaZout animation pack) or overwriting AAF's provided copy of LLFP with an older version (for example with copies shipped in the Real Handcuffs or Rad Morphing mods). Also make sure you're starting the game using the F4SE wrapper and not the FO4 game executable directly nor via the Steam launcher (though do make sure Steam is fully started before you run the F4SE wrapper).

11 hours ago, Tentacus said:

I think the Hardship interactions reflect that (but it's been a while, and I mix it up with stuff I did for the unreleased Chempusher.)

Just a bit curious, what was your unreleased Chempusher mod about? Presumably it was about drug dealing in some way, but I mean more specifically. And is it something you're planning on revisiting one day when Hardship is completed?

11 hours ago, Yossarian13 said:

Just a bit curious, what was your unreleased Chempusher mod about? Presumably it was about drug dealing in some way, but I mean more specifically. And is it something you're

Oh just an almost finished mod on the same scale as Hardship (made for Fourplay lol) with about the same dev time. You could give NPCs free samples of Jet and Psycho and get them hooked. Then sell to them, then once their addiction reached a certain level you could take advantage of them sexually, even pimping one of them at a time.

If you let their addiction get too bad or cut them off the NPC might end up with a tragic end such as suicide or death in a robbery. (dark stuff) But you could also help them get of chems, or never take advantage of them sexually if you choose.

planning on revisiting one day when Hardship is completed?

Yeah when I make the Bad Player/Player top mod, I'll include some streamlined aspects of it.

The mod itself is too much of a mess to salvage. While it fully worked. It was always fiddly and converting it to AAF and my current quality level would be a nightmare and I doubt anybody else could make enough sense out of my truly wretched noob scripting to fix it.

Update:

I knew this was going too well. I've run into quite a challenge in splitting Part of Hardship off into a Master. While the scripts don't give a fuck about the forms being somewhere else as long as the formids are the same. The topics do... so I have hundreds and hundreds of null references that I need to go in and painstakingly correct by hand. I am going to go ahead and do this because I am insane, but going through THOSANDS of dialogue topics. writing down what needs to be checked. Checking it in a old Hardship esp then going back to the new one and fixing it is gonna take a while... so I'm gonna be extra extra head down.

Update:

The work to repair all the null dialogue conditions continues steadily but slow.

I've removed the Predator dialogue and raider captive dialogue since neither feature was fully formed or properly implemented. Hopefully both will be replaced with fully featured mods/addons in the not too distant future. 

I've successfully split off most of the sex functions into the new master and removed so many functions from Hardship proper that I could move the rest that remained to the Beggar Whore quest script.

Since I need a break from the null hunt I am going to work on bringing all the scripts up to snuff with changes made in 1.59 and make sure they are all pointing at the new Master's function script next.

Update:

While doing the Customer Rape script for 1.6 I noticed a lot of existing errors some of which prevent popups to play when they should. I'll probably put out one more 1.59 bug fix in a day or 2.

Just a heads up to those wanting to Translate Hardship into other languages. It would be much harder than with a typical mod due to the absurd amount of dialogue and the fact that many of the messageboxes are in the scripts themselves rather than being forms in the plugin.  Suffice it to say there are many good reasons why I did it this way. I also have an absurd amount of lame-ass jokes that are either references or would be just profoundly strange if translated. There is also the issue of the font formatting I did which would need to be addressed, for languages that don't use the same font set. The biggest issue is until Hardship is truly FINALIZED it would be a fools errand to undertake this.

Update:

Working on updating all scripts. Gonna save the tedious null condition hunt till the end. Most scripts checked, updated and re-compiled. Only sex scripts left which will take by far longer.  Now that I have bed and mattress versions of all my custom utility positions I've tentatively added furniture functionality to all rape and cunnilingus scripts, pending testing. 

I really like the concept of this mod, but for some reason I just can't get it working. No matter what I do, the settings just won't appear in my inventory. I even tried finding it through the console with no luck. And in my MCM it won't open the menu either. Just gives me the basic BW settings but reverts everything back to off the moment I go out of MCM. Is there anything I can do to get this working?

8 hours ago, UhmNope said:

I really like the concept of this mod, but for some reason I just can't get it working. No matter what I do, the settings just won't appear in my inventory. I even tried finding it through the console with no luck. And in my MCM it won't open the menu either. Just gives me the basic BW settings but reverts everything back to off the moment I go out of MCM. Is there anything I can do to get this working?

Do you get the message on first load that tells you about the menu?

Equip Item [SETTINGS] BW MENU in order to activate/deactivate Beggar Whore Mode, or to adjust settings.

If that's not the case the player script isn't firing which probably means the main quest isn't starting which can be anything from a corrupted Hardship download to a bad AAF install. Make sure AAF is installing and working on it's own.

If you do see the message you should have the item. It's in the apperal section. If by some insanity you see the message but don't get the menu, let me know.

Update:

Finished basic work on the TSEX master MCM menu. All the character attributes not related to being a hooker have been moved there. As has the makeup mirror. Everything seems to be working well.

This testing also seems to indicate that the new mirror script I introduced in (the latest?) version of Hardship seems to have completely fixed the bug where the mirror stuck you in the closeup cam on first load. It must have been a problem with the Player script's OnInit event (which seems flaky) not registering the looksmenu close event.

Now that the rape and client counters are slider based and can be set as high as 100 I'm going to add a few more messages to add more variety when you check the counter.

This is seriously one of the best mods I've ever played.

It's reliable. Dependable. And most importantly, stable. I DO however, have just ONE minor complaint: The retina scalding, blazing white screen messages.

Just sayin'

?

Trykz

36 minutes ago, Trykz said:

This is seriously one of the best mods I've ever played.

It's reliable. Dependable. And most importantly, stable. I DO however, have just ONE minor complaint: The retina scalding, blazing white screen messages.

Just sayin'

?

Trykz

I think there is no alternative, according to Tentacus. I didn't see much of a problem, but sometimes I play on a TV, with little lighting in the room, and not on a monitor with good lighting around, and it feels like this lol:

200.gif.8d8fc68a4357918002ad933a73aca210.gif

10 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I think there is no alternative, according to Tentacus. I didn't see much of a problem, but sometimes I play on a TV, with little lighting in the room, and not on a monitor with good lighting around, and it feels like this lol:

200.gif.8d8fc68a4357918002ad933a73aca210.gif

LOL..... yeah. That's EXACTLY how it feels. Most likely because I usually play in the evenings when it's pretty dark. But the alternative would be a vanilla message box. I use them regularly in my own mod. But don't get me wrong. I don't *expect* anything to change. I wouldn't remove this mod for anything. I'll go buy some eye-drops ?

Trykz

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

LOL..... yeah. That's EXACTLY how it feels. Most likely because I usually play in the evenings when it's pretty dark. But the alternative would be a vanilla message box. I use them regularly in my own mod. But don't get me wrong. I don't *expect* anything to change. I wouldn't remove this mod for anything. I'll go buy some eye-drops ?

Trykz

If you use the technique that fades to black the size of messagebox that can be displayed suddenly becomes very constrained. If it's too big/long it will not display and all you'll see is black. I get away with some fade to black ones for the very short messages like the abuse before rape scenes, but I leave the rest white for consistency. I wish I didn't have to because I prefer the way the black looks too.