24 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Once you create your mod, won't SSEEdit flag those null pointers for you? Error Check seems pretty good.

I assume you mean Fallout 4 edit? You know I never thought to try that. I usually just ignore all the right pane info Xedit spits out and just get straight to what I want to do with it :D

Edit: Check for errors seems to find null conditions in the esp (which will be handy at the end) but not null script properties. Anyway I think I got them all, I've checked it quite PAINFULLY.

Update:

I'm considering adding actual detection if the male player is crossdressing so you wouldn't have to honor system Isabel's Sissy stuff and could get punished for not doing it, as well as to allow for easier use of that kind of content for other TSEX mods. To do this I'll have to create a formlist with all the vanilla dresses that can be worn by males. To work though I'll have to be limited to what's in the list so people interested in the Sissy stuff, if you have any mods with male dresses you want me to add support for, now is the time. I probably won't get to it for a week or 2 but it'd be a good idea to let me know ASAP. I'll probably already include the Lace dresses on Nexus.

Details... I meant FO5Edit. It is actually the same program under the covers.

Give it a try - it might save you a lot of time. I pretty much run it against every new mod.

F05Edit output for current build:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [02] Beggar_Whore.esp
[00:01] All Done!

12 hours ago, fred200 said:

Details... I meant FO5Edit. It is actually the same program under the covers.

Give it a try - it might save you a lot of time. I pretty much run it against every new mod.

F05Edit output for current build:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [02] Beggar_Whore.esp
[00:01] All Done!

FO5Edit? Wut??

On 7/26/2020 at 2:49 AM, Tentacus said:

Making slow progress on the null conditions

Which null pointers do you mean in your scripts? I might have written something in the past to help myself out with those.

22 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Edit: Check for errors seems to find null conditions in the esp

F4Edit does exactly this:

Returns the error message produced when the "Check for Errors" functionality is run on aeElement; or else an empty string if no error is found.

meaning that, as you rightfully noted, it has nothing to do with the Papyrus scripts, it just recursively goes through records in the module and calls the method above.

EDIT: CK ignores any scripts that are "hidden", not just fragments (those are just "hidden" by default. No idea why though - Bethesda logic). By "hidden" I mean the declaration, like

Spoiler

Scriptname Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:Pimp_Fragments:_T_MistressOrders Extends TopicInfo Hidden Const

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

I'm thinking of moving "How are you today?" to the "Nevermind" position so it doesn't block the confident solicit anymore. I think that'd be more convenient. What do you guys think?

Sounds sensible. It does seem out of place where it is right now once you really get going with your whoring ?

35 minutes ago, Operand said:

Which null pointers do you mean in your scripts? I might have written something in the past to help myself out with those.

I already fixed them all.  It only took a day, unlike the topic info conditions which are gonna take forever cause I have so much stupid dialogue, but at least I can know if I miss any of those by checking with FO4Edit. Note these are only problems with my conversion of some Hardship forms to a new Master. The released version has none of these issues.

EDIT: CK ignores any scripts that are "hidden", not just fragments (those are just "hidden" by default. No idea why though - Bethesda logic). By "hidden" I mean the declaration, like

Ah, that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

It only took a day, unlike the topic info conditions which are gonna take forever cause I have so much stupid dialogue

and

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Note these are only problems with my conversion of some Hardship forms to a new Master

if I understood you correctly - that can be done in the batch via F4Edit script. Though for that the mapping old entries <-> new entry should be obvious to make - i.e. if there is no obvious rule there then it's still possible to just manually hard-code the mapping in the F4Edit script, but the work would be comparable to just doing it in manually.

If you have some rule(s) that can easily be defined to translate old entries to a new one, I can post a F4Edit script for you. I wrote quite a lot of them when working on SAF due to its batch creation of stuff like COBJ or MGEF.

Here's an example of what I did when I was unfortunate to save a ESP with another ESP as a master in CK (if you didn't do it - lucky you, CK just breaks records references removing the master ESP and pointing the form prefix to the edited ESP itself)

Spoiler

{
  New script template, only shows processed records
  Assigning any nonzero value to Result will terminate script
}
unit userscript;

var
  oldPrefix : String;
  newPrefix : String;

function Initialize: integer;
begin
  Result := 0;
  oldPrefix := InputBox('Enter', 'Old Master Index', '');
  newPrefix := InputBox('Enter', 'New Master Index', '');

end;

function Process(e: IInterface): integer;
var
  index     : Integer;
  child     : IwbElement;
  editValue : String;

begin

//AddMessage('Attempted Value: ' + GetEditValue(e));
  editValue := FixValue(GetEditValue(e));
  if (editValue <> '') then begin
    AddMessage(BaseName(e) + ' : Setting New Edit Value: ' + editValue);
    SetEditValue(e, editValue);
  end;

for index := ElementCount(e) - 1 downto 0 do begin
    child  := ElementByIndex(e, index);
    Result := Result + Process(child);
  end;

end;

function FixValue(editValue: String) : String;
var
  refPrefix : String;
begin
  // Stuff looks something like this:
  // [08000850] < Error: Could not be resolved >
  if (Copy(editValue, 0, 1) = '[') and (Copy(editValue, 2, 2) = oldPrefix) then begin
    AddMessage('Found value for: ' + editValue);
    Result := '[' + newPrefix + Copy(editValue, 4, 6) + ']';
  end
  else begin
    Result := '';   
  end;
end;

// Called after processing
// You can remove it if script doesn't require finalization code
function Finalize: integer;
begin
end;

end.

- I think with not a lot of modification this can be changed to fix your refs for a new master. Assuming, of course, what I posted above.

31 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Dang - I wish I had a place to save that until I need it.

If you meant the script in the listing above - save it to your FO4Edit/Edit Scripts folder and name somehow. You then will be able to trigger it R-Click > Apply script

41 minutes ago, Operand said:

If you meant the script in the listing above - save it to your FO4Edit/Edit Scripts folder and name somehow. You then will be able to trigger it R-Click > Apply script

Well actually - that works!

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Operand said:

and

if I understood you correctly - that can be done in the batch via F4Edit script. Though for that the mapping old entries <-> new entry should be obvious to make - i.e. if there is no obvious rule there then it's still possible to just manually hard-code the mapping in the F4Edit script, but the work would be comparable to just doing it in manually.

If you have some rule(s) that can easily be defined to translate old entries to a new one, I can post a F4Edit script for you. I wrote quite a lot of them when working on SAF due to its batch creation of stuff like COBJ or MGEF.

Here's an example of what I did when I was unfortunate to save a ESP with another ESP as a master in CK (if you didn't do it - lucky you, CK just breaks records references removing the master ESP and pointing the form prefix to the edited ESP itself)

I've sunk enough in that I'm just gonna finish it manually. It does have the advantage of re-familiarizing myself with a lot of this mod I never think about. It's just too massive to all keep track of. 

Boy, if you guys wanna see a good example of how not to do dialogue trees take a long look at the glorious clusterfuck that is the Begging topic. Later I learned the value of having seperate topics for everything. Transitioning from Skyrim's dialogue system was quite a struggle. Keep in mind I made a whole entire almost Hardship sized FO4 mod that I didn't release before Hardship :D It's funny how much evolution in technique exists in one mod since the total dev time of Hardship up to now is like 2 years. even counting the breaks.

Enough boring tech talk. I found this old character Bio I did. This was gonna be a all in with the institute playthrough, unfortunately I didn't get very far. It has promise... might have to give it another go sometime. And yeah I probably did steal some of these ideas from Fudgemuppet's assassin build :D 

Spoiler

Karen Starkey 

BIO:

Karen Starkey grew up in a small town in rural West Virginia. She was always a bright and precocius girl, who often got in trouble for tearing apart electronics to see how they worked. Her parents couldn't see her for the genius she was. At age 7 she was orphaned and sent to live with relatives in Massachusetts. Finally her abilities received recognition and were fostered.

If her genius was recognized her sociopathy was not. The young girl was careful not to be discovered as she performed heartless experiments on both wild animals and neighborhood pets. As she grew into a young woman her beauty compensated for her coldness and she became popular as a matter of convenience

She earned degrees in science and law opting for the latter as a career for purely financial reasons. Karen's sexuality was fluid and experimental, having many lovers of both genders before and after "settling down" with Nate. While he thought the marriage was heartfelt, she for the most part saw it as a sham to better fit in with the conservative culture.

The baby had been her biggest mistake. The contraceptive implant she had kept secret from Nate had somehow failed,  and the supposedly barren woman was "blessed" with a child. If only she'd had the courage to be sterilized for real. She'd never be that weak again.

As the 2070s drew to a close the inevitability of Atomic war was clear. One of Karen's secret paramours worked for Vaultec. Karen manipulated him to get them on the list. Her surprise was genuine when the VaultTec rep arrived a full week early unnanounced. Clearly someone in the organization knew the time was now.

After the events of Vault 111, Karen was initially angry. Though she didn't love Nate, and had never bonded with the baby she detested the idea of having things stolen from her, but she gave them little thought once she settled into the business of surviving in this fascinating if barbaric, new world. 

PERSONAL DATA:

Defying social convention of the time Karen kept her Maiden name after marriage. Karen is biologically 32 years old though she looks 26. Her hair is blond and she has sharp attractive good looks. She is slim and lacking in physical strength, but she has great coordination and is generally fit. She is quite near sighted and requires glasses.

She completely lacks empathy but her intelligence and looks allow her to overcome her social deficits. She has a natural curiosity that when combined with her sociopathy makes her extremely dangerous. She detests filth and disorder, which are ever present in the wasteland. She is however pragmatic and can do whatever is necessary to survive. She dislikes the crudeness of ballistic firearms to the point of refusing to use pipe pistols for fear they will fail. She favors energy weapons, and repurposing high technology to her ends.

I have an actual log too. I believe that's because I was toying with that mod that let's you keep a log in game:

Spoiler

Karen Starkey's personal log.

I found this terminal in one of the houses. With everything blown to hell I'm not sure who's not that it matters. I've decided to keep a log of my experiences for the time being.

DAY 1:
I must admit that I wasn't prepared for the devastation that met me as I exited the vault. My emotional response might be chalked up to lingering effects of the hybernation. I wandered in somewhat of a daze. It's a wonder I didn't run afoul of more of this mutated Fauna or worse. Somehow I instinctively found my way back to Sanctuary hills, or rather the ruins thereof.

I haven't encountered any survivors, but of all things that stupid robot of Nate's is still operating. It's rather fascinating in that it seems to have developed... for want of a better term, psychological issues pertaining to long term solitude. It was a blow to discover that 210 years have passed, but on the other hand that explains the lack of heavy ionizing radiation. Survival seems quite possible.

Our house is still standing though there was little inside to salvage. I searched the neighborhood, and discovered a root cellar outfitted as a bomb shelter. It appears that the homeowner didn't utilize it as there was 200 years worth of dust on the canned goods. I will be utilizing it as my base of operations.

I have rigged up a cooking fire. I would rather take my chances trying a small amount of the ancient food rather than trying the irradiated roach meat. My pipboy says the ground water is relatively safe. I'm terribly glad the Simmons' had their own well. 

Food didn't kill me, at least not yet. Going to turn in and bar the cellar door.

When I am done with all this scut work... one of the first things I will be adding to Hardship is "Velma mode" This is a mode designed to work with the mod Myopia simulator that, when active will allow you by random chance to lose your glasses or have them stolen during sexual assault.

Hey Tentacus,

I've been using the mod for a week or so now and I think it's great, I even went through my XMLs and retagged stuff so it would fit hardship's interactions better; however, I do have an issue I can't seem to solve.

Scene changes, such as switching to anal or oral from vaginal sex mid-scene, don't actually happen. The scene does not change after the dialogue box shows up. Any known fix for this?

5 minutes ago, chigusa said:

Hey Tentacus,

I've been using the mod for a week or so now and I think it's great, I even went through my XMLs and retagged stuff so it would fit hardship's interactions better; however, I do have an issue I can't seem to solve.

Scene changes, such as switching to anal or oral from vaginal sex mid-scene, don't actually happen. The scene does not change after the dialogue box shows up. Any known fix for this?

Well switching to anal may not change the animation depending on the furniture type.  So like if it's no furn or a bed/Mattress it should, but if it's a chair or table which can't be guaranteed to have multiple animation types it won't. As for changing to oral, I don't know why that wouldn't be working. Next time it happens try to give me some hints as to the situation and the kind of dialogue to help me track it down.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:13 AM, Tentacus said:

When I am done with all this scut work... one of the first things I will be adding to Hardship is "Velma mode" This is a mode designed to work with the mod Myopia simulator that, when active will allow you by random chance to lose your glasses or have them stolen during sexual assault.

I will so be using that.

56 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Well switching to anal may not change the animation depending on the furniture type.  So like if it's no furn or a bed/Mattress it should, but if it's a chair or table which can't be guaranteed to have multiple animation types it won't. As for changing to oral, I don't know why that wouldn't be working. Next time it happens try to give me some hints as to the situation and the kind of dialogue to help me track it down.

Nah, it happens under all circumstances, also happens when my character asks to get on top and the client agrees, the scene doesn't change.

Is there a possible conflict somewhere? If I knew where the script fires I'd look for it in xEdit myself to check.

5 minutes ago, chigusa said:

Nah, it happens under all circumstances, also happens when my character asks to get on top and the client agrees, the scene doesn't change.

Is there a possible conflict somewhere? If I knew where the script fires I'd look for it in xEdit myself to check.

Not that I'm aware of. I've never seen anything like that :( It's just a simple AAF position change. Maybe your AAF is broken and you can try reinstalling that.

18 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Not that I'm aware of. I've never seen anything like that :( It's just a simple AAF position change. Maybe your AAF is broken and you can try reinstalling that.

Welp, very strange. I'll keep trying to fix it and will report back if I figure it out. Thanks though.

1 minute ago, chigusa said:

Welp, very strange. I'll keep trying to fix it and will report back if I figure it out. Thanks though.

You mentioned messing with the tags in your XMLs. If it doesn't find an appropriate tag the position won't change, though for the oral I usually use my own XMLs which come with Hardship. Though the get on top one is just looking for Cowgirl tags.

28 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

You mentioned messing with the tags in your XMLs. If it doesn't find an appropriate tag the position won't change, though for the oral I usually use my own XMLs which come with Hardship. Though the get on top one is just looking for Cowgirl tags.

Lol, if only the issue were something simple like that. Unfortunately the same thing was happening before I touched the XMLs. I'll try a fresh reinstall and see how it goes. Appreciate the support in your thread, thanks man.

Update:

Thanks to some invaluable help from @Operand who automated the process I've gotten all the nulls taken care of in my esp, days sooner than I would have otherwise (and with far less mental trauma and chance of mistakes). There is still a bit to do by hand but barring more unforseen issues I'll be able to get back to actually adding content soon.

Next step is to remake the MCM for Hardship, now that many features have been moved to the new master's MCM, then a shitload of playtesting to make sure what is there is working right before I add anything.