Dragonborn in Distress: Dialogue Poll and Punishment Suggestions Thread

Generic Voiced or Custom Silent Dialogue?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer I continue to use generic vanilla voice lines for Dragonborn in Distress, or would you rather I use silent custom voice lines.

• Generic Voiced Lines
    • Silent Custom Lines

I'm still working on an update for Devious Lore, but in the meantime I thought I would make a poll and thread for you all to voice your opinions on the next update for Dragonborn in Distress.

I have used vanilla voice lines for the entire mod up to this point, and I think I will be able to continue that with the updates I have planned. However, the generic lines sacrifice nuance for sound, and the dialogue often comes off as clunky. I could change this and write custom dialogue for the whole mod, though that would take a lot of time, and they would of course be silent. Let me know which you would prefer in the poll above.

In the next major update (I may do a few bug-fix updates before I get to this) I will be re-implementing a custom prison system, similar to what I had in 1.x versions, and I will start implementing punishments that can occur both in prisons, when captured by the guards; and in dungeons, when captured by bandits and other enemies.

These punishments can be triggered through enough time passing; by mouthing off at your captors; after trying to escape; after trying to steal from your captors; and through starting combat. The type of 'trigger' event will determine what punishments are used. Additionally, I will add 'Threat' and 'Weakness' thresholds to certain punishments. 'Threat' is how dangerous your captors see you, based on your level and how many times you try to attack them. 'Weakness' is how weak-willed your captors see you, based on your addictions and how many times you surrender after being caught. This will prevent low-leveled characters from being punished too severely, and will create a dynamic where your actions while captured will have consequences for your character.

Here is a list of the punishments I have come up with. Please comment any ideas you have. Include a link if your idea would require an external mod.

Fair warning, a lot of these are very dark, and might not be everyone's thing.

Spoiler

Cell Rape, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

Base punishment. Your main captor will rape you in your cell.

Spectator Rape, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

Less common punishment. You and possibly one of your allies will be marched to an area, and gang raped while the rest of your captors watch and applaud. Requires a 'spectator' marker in the dungeon.

Forced Ally Rape, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Theft and Combat

One of your allies will be forced to rape you.

Shaving, Threat > 50, Weakness > 50. Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft, Combat

Your captors may shave your head bald.

Amputation, Varying Threat, Any Weakness, Triggered by Escape/Theft/Combat

Using Amputator Framework, your character may have a hand, foot, or limb chopped off if you continue to act up. The threat requirements for hand and feet is Threat > 50, for arms and legs it's Threat > 75. Hand and Arm amputations are triggered by Theft and Combat. Feet and Leg amputations are triggered by Theft and Escape Attempts. May require 'torture' marker in dungeon.

Blinding, Threat > 75, Any Weakness, Triggered by Escape, Theft, Combat

Your captors may blind one of your eyes if you are deemed an extreme threat. Might hook into devious devices to add the blindfold effect if both eyes are blinded. Requires your character to use a vanilla eye color.

Forced Milking, Any Threat, Varying Weakness, Triggered by Time and Dialogue

With Milk Mod Economy installed, your character may be milked using either a milking harness or a milk pump. Being milked using a pump requires Weakness > 25. Being milked using a harness does not have a Weakness requirement. I will add an option to prevent this punishment from occurring unless your character is already a milk maid.

Bonds, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft, and Combat

Fairly straightforward. Using devious devices, your captors will restrain you if you act up. Mouth off at them, and they'll equip a gag. Try to steal or fight, and they'll bind your arms. Try to run away, and they'll equip leg chains and boots.

Mask of Shame, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft

If you act up too much, your captors will equip a custom device (added via an external plugin), using the currently unused Mask of Shame model from Devious Devices Expansion. This device cannot be removed by normal means. I have yet to figure out how it will be removed.

Animal Breeding, Threat >50, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

If your human or monster captors have any animal companions: guard dogs, chaurus, mammoths etc, then they may force them on you as a punishment. Might require a 'breeding' marker in the dungeon.

Monster Breeding, Threat > 25, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

If your human captors have any monster companion: atronachs, gargoyles, etc, then they may force them on you as a punishment. Might require a 'breeding' marker in the dungeon.

Tentacle Breeding, Threat > 50, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

Your human, monster, or animal captors may leave you in a tentacle pit to be ravaged and bred. Will require a 'breeding' marker in the dungeon.

Force Feeding, Varying Threat, Varying Weakness, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Combat

Your captors may decide to force feed you alcohol, drugs, or enormous amounts of food if you act up. Alcohol and Drug feeding requires Weakness > 25. Drug feeding requires Threat > 25. Require 'torture' marker in dungeon and Zaz Animation Pack.

Soul Gem Impregnation, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Time, Escape, Theft, Combat

Possibly using Soul Gem Oven, or another soul gem pregnancy mod, your character will be stuffed by the dungeon's mage for profitable use.

Bound Brawl, Any Threat, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Combat

Using devious devices, your character will be bound with arm and leg restraints, and mercilessly beaten by one or two of your captors. May require a 'spectator' marker in the dungeon.

Magic Test Subject, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Triggered by Dialogue, Theft, Combat

Using Zaz Animation Pack, your character will be restrained, and the dungeon mage or court wizard will blast you with some simple destruction or illusion spells. Illusion spells may randomly affect addictions and experience. Will require a 'torture' marker in the dungeon.

Alchemy Test Subject, Any Threat, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft

Using Zaz Animation Pack, your character will be restrained, and force fed odd potions that will randomly affect addictions and experience. Will require a 'torture' marker in the dungeon.

Crucified, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Theft and Combat

Using Zaz Animation Pack, your character will be restrained in an external location, and left there overnight. Will require an external 'torture' marker for the dungeon.

Bound/Naked Parade, Any Threat, Weakness > 50, Triggered by Time

Your character will be stripped, and paraded about the dungeon or city. Some onlookers may grope or quickly rape your character. If Devious Devices is installed, your character will be bound as well. Main captor may use Zaz whips on character to keep them moving. Will require a marked path in the dungeon.

Forced Dancing, Any Threat, Weakness > 50, Triggered by Time

Possibly using a pose mod, or user selected animations, your character will be stripped and forced to dance for her captors. Main captor may use Zaz whips to encourage you. Will require a 'spectator' marker.

I will try to include options for each punishment, so they can be enabled and disabled at will, and their thresholds and triggers will be configurable.

The markers described above will be added to vanilla locations by me. I will try to make it possible to have non-vanilla locations supported externally.

43 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

I have used vanilla voice lines for the entire mod up to this point, and I think I will be able to continue that with the updates I have planned. However, the generic lines sacrifice nuance for sound, and the dialogue often comes off as clunky. I could change this and write custom dialogue for the whole mod, though that would take a lot of time, and they would of course be silent. Let me know which you would prefer in the poll above.

I'm totally split about that.

Spoken dialogue is better most of the time (especially if there is a lot of shatter/lots of action on screen going on)

Dialogue created by the mod author - but silent - often fits the situation better, has more emotional impact (did... did she just say that ?) and allows to explain the circumstances a bit better (especially DiD would win from more dialogue so me as user can understand better what is going on, much guesswork atm).

Your mods are complex so I guess even the base of your mods is time consuming to create.

That's why I voted for Generic Voiced Lines (while wishing for a custom dialogue) :classic_ph34r:

SUGGESTIONS.   Couple of quick, OTTOTH, ideas.  In order of personal taste priority:

1 Follower Removal to make game progress more challenging later

• On the PC being caged up, imprison followers in a cage somewhere else, from which they then need to be rescued - if two or more, different places too.  Bit like caged followers but triggered directly from DiD, on an MCM percentage chance.  If the player is sent to SS, at that point the chance of the follower ending up elsewhere should be 100%.  Should be no need for any fancy rescue mechanisms,  those followers are out of the game until you hack your way into where they are, get a key and unlock them, with simple dialogue to say 'Hello again' ?

2 Options for the PC captive to choose to whore the gang, or fight a bandit champion, to be released early. 

• To successfully whore their way out, make their way round current game dungeon cell, in restraints with 'exit load doors' disabled, and shag every eligible living entity a number of times based on a random range (minimum of 2 or 3, max of say 5) that can be set in MCM, within an unknown given, but reasonably challenging(!), time limit proportional to the number of times each NPC is to be shagged.  Failure to meet either frequency or time limit resets the timer, and adds extra time to captivity
  •  
  • Beat the champion and you walk free.  Failure to defeat the bandit champion leads to all eligible entities in the dungeon cell having their way with the PC and extra time being added to the captivity  

Hope that's helpful

On 2/20/2020 at 8:31 PM, Code Serpent said:

I'm still working on an update for Devious Lore, but in the meantime I thought I would make a poll and thread for you all to voice your opinions on the next update for Dragonborn in Distress.

In the next major update (I may do a few bug-fix updates before I get to this) I will be re-implementing a custom prison system, similar to what I had in 1.x versions, and I will start implementing punishments that can occur both in prisons, when captured by the guards; and in dungeons, when captured by bandits and other enemies.

These punishments can be triggered through enough time passing; by mouthing off at your captors; after trying to escape; after trying to steal from your captors; and through starting combat. The type of 'trigger' event will determine what punishments are used. Additionally, I will add 'Threat' and 'Weakness' thresholds to certain punishments. 'Threat' is how dangerous your captors see you, based on your level and how many times you try to attack them. 'Weakness' is how weak-willed your captors see you, based on your addictions and how many times you surrender after being caught. This will prevent low-leveled characters from being punished too severely, and will create a dynamic where your actions while captured will have consequences for your character.

Here is a list of the punishments I have come up with. Please comment any ideas you have. Include a link if your idea would require an external mod.

Fair warning, a lot of these are very dark, and might not be everyone's thing.

Hide contents

Cell Rape, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

Base punishment. Your main captor will rape you in your cell.

Spectator Rape, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

Less common punishment. You and possibly one of your allies will be marched to an area, and gang raped while the rest of your captors watch and applaud. Requires a 'spectator' marker in the dungeon.

Forced Ally Rape, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Theft and Combat

One of your allies will be forced to rape you.

Shaving, Threat > 50, Weakness > 50. Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft, Combat

Your captors may shave your head bald.

Amputation, Varying Threat, Any Weakness, Triggered by Escape/Theft/Combat

Using Amputator Framework, your character may have a hand, foot, or limb chopped off if you continue to act up. The threat requirements for hand and feet is Threat > 50, for arms and legs it's Threat > 75. Hand and Arm amputations are triggered by Theft and Combat. Feet and Leg amputations are triggered by Theft and Escape Attempts. May require 'torture' marker in dungeon.

Blinding, Threat > 75, Any Weakness, Triggered by Escape, Theft, Combat

Your captors may blind one of your eyes if you are deemed an extreme threat. Might hook into devious devices to add the blindfold effect if both eyes are blinded. Requires your character to use a vanilla eye color.

Forced Milking, Any Threat, Varying Weakness, Triggered by Time and Dialogue

With Milk Mod Economy installed, your character may be milked using either a milking harness or a milk pump. Being milked using a pump requires Weakness > 25. Being milked using a harness does not have a Weakness requirement. I will add an option to prevent this punishment from occurring unless your character is already a milk maid.

Bonds, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft, and Combat

Fairly straightforward. Using devious devices, your captors will restrain you if you act up. Mouth off at them, and they'll equip a gag. Try to steal or fight, and they'll bind your arms. Try to run away, and they'll equip leg chains and boots.

Mask of Shame, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft

If you act up too much, your captors will equip a custom device (added via an external plugin), using the currently unused Mask of Shame model from Devious Devices Expansion. This device cannot be removed by normal means. I have yet to figure out how it will be removed.

Animal Breeding, Threat >50, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

If your human or monster captors have any animal companions: guard dogs, chaurus, mammoths etc, then they may force them on you as a punishment. Might require a 'breeding' marker in the dungeon.

Monster Breeding, Threat > 25, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

If your human captors have any monster companion: atronachs, gargoyles, etc, then they may force them on you as a punishment. Might require a 'breeding' marker in the dungeon.

Tentacle Breeding, Threat > 50, Any Weakness, Any Trigger

Your human, monster, or animal captors may leave you in a tentacle pit to be ravaged and bred. Will require a 'breeding' marker in the dungeon.

Force Feeding, Varying Threat, Varying Weakness, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Combat

Your captors may decide to force feed you alcohol, drugs, or enormous amounts of food if you act up. Alcohol and Drug feeding requires Weakness > 25. Drug feeding requires Threat > 25. Require 'torture' marker in dungeon and Zaz Animation Pack.

Soul Gem Impregnation, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Time, Escape, Theft, Combat

Possibly using Soul Gem Oven, or another soul gem pregnancy mod, your character will be stuffed by the dungeon's mage for profitable use.

Bound Brawl, Any Threat, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Combat

Using devious devices, your character will be bound with arm and leg restraints, and mercilessly beaten by one or two of your captors. May require a 'spectator' marker in the dungeon.

Magic Test Subject, Any Threat, Any Weakness, Triggered by Dialogue, Theft, Combat

Using Zaz Animation Pack, your character will be restrained, and the dungeon mage or court wizard will blast you with some simple destruction or illusion spells. Illusion spells may randomly affect addictions and experience. Will require a 'torture' marker in the dungeon.

Alchemy Test Subject, Any Threat, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Dialogue, Escape, Theft

Using Zaz Animation Pack, your character will be restrained, and force fed odd potions that will randomly affect addictions and experience. Will require a 'torture' marker in the dungeon.

Crucified, Threat > 25, Weakness > 25, Triggered by Theft and Combat

Using Zaz Animation Pack, your character will be restrained in an external location, and left there overnight. Will require an external 'torture' marker for the dungeon.

Bound/Naked Parade, Any Threat, Weakness > 50, Triggered by Time

Your character will be stripped, and paraded about the dungeon or city. Some onlookers may grope or quickly rape your character. If Devious Devices is installed, your character will be bound as well. Main captor may use Zaz whips on character to keep them moving. Will require a marked path in the dungeon.

Forced Dancing, Any Threat, Weakness > 50, Triggered by Time

Possibly using a pose mod, or user selected animations, your character will be stripped and forced to dance for her captors. Main captor may use Zaz whips to encourage you. Will require a 'spectator' marker.

I will try to include options for each punishment, so they can be enabled and disabled at will, and their thresholds and triggers will be configurable.

The markers described above will be added to vanilla locations by me. I will try to make it possible to have non-vanilla locations supported externally.

The markers..fuck yeah. As long as they're toggleable. I know which one I'd definitely toggle on.   As for the dialogue options, I don't really care as long as they're subtitled as I'm deaf IRL.

Being able to disable some of the punishments that you don't like would be nice. Having said that, it sounds like they would fit the mod just fine.

Regarding the dialogue, either is fine with me. Having sound is great but I wouldn't want you to feel limited. A mix of both might also work.

I enjoy the parts of your mod I've played, and like some of the updates you plan. I appreciate that I can enable/disable portions I may not like.

In that vain, there is one aspect of your mod that I can't disable and that, for me, makes your mod unplayable: the inability to buy or sale with merchants when under duress. If you would make a toggle for this as well, I would appreciate it and reinstall your mod. Another possibility you might consider is, when the player is traumatized and addicted, give her a speech penalty when buying or selling so that trade could still occur.

Thank you, Code Serpent, for all your hard work.

5 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

What are you talking about? The only blocking dialogue in the mod is the addiction dialogue, and that goes away for a while after choosing any option.

If I'm confusing your mod with another one, forgive me. I click a merchant, and after a choice of two dialogues. One is for sex. I choose the other: "I want to speak with you." (S)he responds saying something like, "I doubt that." No trade menu. I close and click on the merchant again, and (s)he says, "Huh?" Again, no trade menu options. I uninstalled Dragonborn in Distress and have no more problems.

3 hours ago, wren888 said:

If I'm confusing your mod with another one, forgive me. I click a merchant, and after a choice of two dialogues. One is for sex. I choose the other: "I want to speak with you." (S)he responds saying something like, "I doubt that." No trade menu. I close and click on the merchant again, and (s)he says, "Huh?" Again, no trade menu options. I uninstalled Dragonborn in Distress and have no more problems.

That's a bug. I'll look into it.

I think youve got a good framework for triggering a range of punishments. My suggestion is to let players customise the triggering parameters themselves, so they are able to customise things to their liking (i.e to set weakness & threat thresholds + exact triggering events + time intervals for time-triggered events). Would be good to let players customise relative weighting of different events too, so they can decide if some events are relatively rare or common.

The range of events sounds good. Perhaps allow the parade and dance scenarios to transition to a spectator scenario? That seems fitting.

Just my 2cents, for whatever its worth.

Why not simply use both?

Use voiced lines where available, and text only if you can't get a voiced line...

And Monoman made lots of new and interesting lines for SLS and STA. Presumably, soft-deps would allow those to be used in DiD to great effect.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:10 AM, donkeywho said:

1 Follower Removal to make game progress more challenging later

• On the PC being caged up, imprison followers in a cage somewhere else, from which they then need to be rescued - if two or more, different places too.  Bit like caged followers but triggered directly from DiD, on an MCM percentage chance.  If the player is sent to SS, at that point the chance of the follower ending up elsewhere should be 100%.  Should be no need for any fancy rescue mechanisms,  those followers are out of the game until you hack your way into where they are, get a key and unlock them, with simple dialogue to say 'Hello again' ?

There was a mod called Caged Followers that basically did what you're referring to but for Sanguine's Debauchery. Once you became enslaved, your followers are moved to a different place and you can actually find and free them through lockpicking/distracting your owner but if your owner caught you helping them they might decide to take your follower as theirs as well.

There was even an idea to let you meet with your follower's captor to free them at the expense of taking their place instead, which I personally thought was a really cool idea and a great way to help rein in a powerful warrior by using people she cares about as leverage.

4 hours ago, MyNameIsnt said:

There was a mod called Caged Followers that basically did what you're referring to but for Sanguine's Debauchery. Once you became enslaved, your followers are moved to a different place and you can actually find and free them through lockpicking/distracting your owner but if your owner caught you helping them they might decide to take your follower as theirs as well.

There was even an idea to let you meet with your follower's captor to free them at the expense of taking their place instead, which I personally thought was a really cool idea and a great way to help rein in a powerful warrior by using people she cares about as leverage.

The problem with that "Caged Followers" is that it only works with SD+ OR (Defeat? plus) DAYMOL. 

As DAYMOL is something to be avoided if at all possible, while I'd like to use it, I don't want to take the risk

• 3 months later...