I have spent a lot of time getting this mod working with the suggested addons and I can't get I'll Take The Display Model 206 working at all no matter what I try.  I have the following mods installed:

EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon v1.3.7z

pahe_lives_on-7.3.0-no addons_install.7z

Fuz Ro Doh 61-14884-6-1.7z

PAH_HomeSweetHome_1.20.7z

UIExtensions v1-2-0-57046-1-2-0.7z

display-model-v206.zip

I also have all the other ones installed like SkyUI, SKSE, FNIS 7.4.5, RaceMenu, SexLab162, ZaZ CBBE HDTV8.0+ etc.

All the mods work perfectly as far as I can tell except for I'll take the display model 206.  I have the same issue of crafting the amulet of control and when I put it in my inventory everybody has the "[DM2] Come with me..." dialog option, but it does nothing and talking to the slave again after choosing this option also doesn't give any more dialog options.

I tried moving around the dcc-dm2.esp file as well as the other paradise halls esps and they still don't make the dialog work.  I tried moving the UIExtensions.esp as well (as it needs to be above dcc-dm2.esp) and nothing works.

I also have an issue where 99% of the time my followers, when they get into the bdsm equipment by them just wandering around randomly (sandboxing feature I think it's called) from this mod (the ones you can choose from the walls like the X) they are usually to the left of it, to the right of it, or their arms are embedded within it.  So my follower can randomly use the equipment but my slaves never do.

I have the dungeon set up with a home cell from home sweet home mod.  When they are under PAH control or HSH control, they never get into the equipment part of this mod, they just ignore it.

All I need is to be able to easily put the slaves into whatever devices are part of this mod and make them stay there and also be properly positioned on the equipment.  Right now I get them to follow me using a non DM2 option but they stay far back from where I am so it's a lot of work to try and get them near a device but when I do, every time I tell them to get on the nearest TOY with the dialog they always go to the wall and make a chain appear or if they are near the middle of the room will tie themselves up on the floor but they never use the equipment spawned in using the wall icons.

Can someone please help me, I have read the support forums for all these mods, red their main pages, changed loading order, followed what others posted and nothing works.  All these mods look amazing especially this one but if I can't reliably get the slaves to use them and stay in them it's not worth it.  I can see the great care and love that went into this mod and it looks so amazing.

I also found a post saying to get this to work all you need is the following 3 mods which I have and it's not working even when I move the display model before the 2 esps from pahe_lives_on.

display-model-v206.zip

Also I'm using Mod Organizer.

Can someone also provide me with their mod organizer mod list order and the esp, esm etc load order as well.

Thanks

I have spent a lot of time getting this mod working with the suggested addons and I can't get I'll Take The Display Model 206 working at all no matter what I try.  I have the following mods installed:
EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon v1.3.7z
Fuz Ro Doh 61-14884-6-1.7z
UIExtensions v1-2-0-57046-1-2-0.7z
display-model-v206.zip

I also have all the other ones installed like SkyUI, SKSE, FNIS 7.4.5, RaceMenu, SexLab162, ZaZ CBBE HDTV8.0+ etc.

All the mods work perfectly as far as I can tell except for I'll take the display model 206.  I have the same issue of crafting the amulet of control and when I put it in my inventory everybody has the "[DM2] Come with me..." dialog option, but it does nothing and talking to the slave again after choosing this option also doesn't give any more dialog options.

I tried moving around the dcc-dm2.esp file as well as the other paradise halls esps and they still don't make the dialog work.  I tried moving the UIExtensions.esp as well (as it needs to be above dcc-dm2.esp) and nothing works.

I also have an issue where 99% of the time my followers, when they get into the bdsm equipment by them just wandering around randomly (sandboxing feature I think it's called) from this mod (the ones you can choose from the walls like the X) they are usually to the left of it, to the right of it, or their arms are embedded within it.  So my follower can randomly use the equipment but my slaves never do.

I have the dungeon set up with a home cell from home sweet home mod.  When they are under PAH control or HSH control, they never get into the equipment part of this mod, they just ignore it.

All I need is to be able to easily put the slaves into whatever devices are part of this mod and make them stay there and also be properly positioned on the equipment.  Right now I get them to follow me using a non DM2 option but they stay far back from where I am so it's a lot of work to try and get them near a device but when I do, every time I tell them to get on the nearest TOY with the dialog they always go to the wall and make a chain appear or if they are near the middle of the room will tie themselves up on the floor but they never use the equipment spawned in using the wall icons.

Can someone please help me, I have read the support forums for all these mods, red their main pages, changed loading order, followed what others posted and nothing works.  All these mods look amazing especially this one but if I can't reliably get the slaves to use them and stay in them it's not worth it.  I can see the great care and love that went into this mod and it looks so amazing.

I also found a post saying to get this to work all you need is the following 3 mods which I have and it's not working even when I move the display model before the 2 esps from pahe_lives_on.
display-model-v206.zip

Also I'm using Mod Organizer.

Can someone also provide me with their mod organizer mod list order and the esp, esm etc load order as well.

Thanks

15 hours ago, llvv11 said:

You'll have to ask @darkconsole about what's going on there, I can't really help with that as I'm not at all familiar with DM2.

HSH should allow you to order them onto the equipment and they should remain there.  If that's not working properly you'll need to check with @Musje as to why.  My mod simply provides furniture from the ZAZ pack, all the scripting that controls the interaction comes from other mods such as HSH.

HSH should be doing that.  The alignment problem is a known issue and it goes way back, its more or less just one of those things we have to live with.  Generally, I often found that if I ordered a slave onto some furniture and they were badly misaligned, leaving the cell and coming back sometimes caused them to "snap" into place.  Not always but it did workfairly often.  As for them not using the wall furniture you actually wanted, when I was still actively playing Skyrim (I've had to take a long break due to RL) that was an ongoing problem but it sounds like you can order them onto furniture they're just not using the one you want.  One thing I sometimes did was use the option I included to disable nearby furniture so that there was just the option I wanted enabled then stand close to that when you order the slave onto it.  Once the slave was on that furniture I could re-enable other stuff.  It was a way of "forcing" the mod to choose what I wanted by limiting the options.   The problem here is essentially too many options and HSH can sometimes have difficulty understanding which one you wanted and gets confused.  Musje also has another mod, Interactive BDSM that may be of use to you in getting NPCs to randomly use furniture on their own.

You say nothing works, but initially you said it was only Display Model that wasn't working, so I'm a little confused.  You seem to be saying they are using the furniture they just won't stay in place, if that's the case you'll have to refer back to whichever mod you were using.  My mod just provides the furniture.  Thank you for the compliment though, it was a fun project and I enjoyed building it.

I'm not at all familiar with DM2, so I've no idea what may be happening there.  As for Musje's mods, my experience with them is that while there are occasional issues generally the mods work pretty reliably.  If you have one slave assigned to train another slave they should be wandering around and using the furniture you have enabled.  IIRC, slave's under HSH control won't do self bondage unless Musje has added that in.

Here's Musje's other mod, you might find it provides some of what you seem to be looking for.

15 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Right now I get them to follow me using a non DM2 option but they stay far back from where I am so it's a lot of work to try and get them near a device but when I do,

all what ETR said already

and

I think your mixing things up

> if you control NPCs via DM2 you don't use the PAHE dialog options, instead you can use the DM2 furnitures on them or use other DM2 dialog options on them. If your slave is under DM2 control tell them "go away" first to dismiss them from the DM2 system

> if you want to control PAHE slaves only use dialoges via PAHE/HSH/AYGAS and don't mix them with the DM2 system

> DM2 is great to control any NPC and is not related to PAHE slaves

> HSH uses DM2 functions for it own control system for slaves, means you don't need to start anything from DM2, because HSH handels the slaves and just uses features from DM2 for it's own use.

DM2 = standalone system to control any NPC and comes with own furnitures, don't use the DM2 control system at the same time as PAHE slave control systems.

You will not be the only one that gets confused by this, your slaves will be confused too

HSH = uses functions from DM2 to control PAHE slaves, DM2 is optional for HSH, HSH doesn't need you to start any dialoges via the DM2 system.

2 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

You'll have to ask @darkconsole about what's going on there, I can't really help with that as I'm not at all familiar with DM2.

HSH should allow you to order them onto the equipment and they should remain there.  If that's not working properly you'll need to check with @Musje as to why.  My mod simply provides furniture from the ZAZ pack, all the scripting that controls the interaction comes from other mods such as HSH.

HSH should be doing that.  The alignment problem is a known issue and it goes way back, its more or less just one of those things we have to live with.  Generally, I often found that if I ordered a slave onto some furniture and they were badly misaligned, leaving the cell and coming back sometimes caused them to "snap" into place.  Not always but it did workfairly often.  As for them not using the wall furniture you actually wanted, when I was still actively playing Skyrim (I've had to take a long break due to RL) that was an ongoing problem but it sounds like you can order them onto furniture they're just not using the one you want.  One thing I sometimes did was use the option I included to disable nearby furniture so that there was just the option I wanted enabled then stand close to that when you order the slave onto it.  Once the slave was on that furniture I could re-enable other stuff.  It was a way of "forcing" the mod to choose what I wanted by limiting the options.   The problem here is essentially too many options and HSH can sometimes have difficulty understanding which one you wanted and gets confused.  Musje also has another mod, Interactive BDSM that may be of use to you in getting NPCs to randomly use furniture on their own.

You say nothing works, but initially you said it was only Display Model that wasn't working, so I'm a little confused.  You seem to be saying they are using the furniture they just won't stay in place, if that's the case you'll have to refer back to whichever mod you were using.  My mod just provides the furniture.  Thank you for the compliment though, it was a fun project and I enjoyed building it.

I'm not at all familiar with DM2, so I've no idea what may be happening there.  As for Musje's mods, my experience with them is that while there are occasional issues generally the mods work pretty reliably.  If you have one slave assigned to train another slave they should be wandering around and using the furniture you have enabled.  IIRC, slave's under HSH control won't do self bondage unless Musje has added that in.

Here's Musje's other mod, you might find it provides some of what you seem to be looking for.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Sorry but it seems my reply didn't include the entire original message so I will just reply below.

You said you are the author of this mod, and under recommended mods you list the following.  So I'm a bit confused why you say you have no experience with DM2 (I'll take the display model) as you list it in your main mod page.  If that's the case how do you order your slaves onto the equipment?

Recommended Mods (NOT required but this mod works well with them):

PAHE (Paradise Halls Enhanced)
Home Sweet Home

Interactive BDSM

And You Also Get A Slave

I'll Take the Display Model

Sexy Bandit Captives

Also can you provide your mod load order and you bsa, esm, esp load order please, ideally with all the recommended mods enabled and working?

Also can someone explain how I'm supposed to know the load order of bsa, esm, and esp files?  I have been using mods for a long time (and doing some light modding a long time ago).  However when I see comments on this forum like "put I'll take the display model esp above paradise halls esps and that fixed the same DM2 problem I have", I'm confused.  DM2 has no dependency on paradise halls.  Also the way I understand dependencies is if mod A depends on dependency B, then the dependency B comes before (lower priority) then the mod that depends on it A.  If the mods have no dependency on each other then the load order doesn't matter aside from special cases like generated FNIS, BodySlide, XP32 maximum extended skeleton.  And it's more confusing as one person said this fixed their problem and others say it didn't.  Also I put FNIS generated files at the very end (highest priority) of the load order.

Another question, do I have to re-run FNIS if i change the load order of mods (I don't enable or disable any) just drag them around in Mod Organizer?

Is the only thing that should be checked in FNIS the skeleton arm fix?  Is that still true today?  I use CBBE with HDT breast and butt physics (all this is working correctly).

Just to be clear, there are three problems:

1) "[DM2] Come with me..." doesn't work at all ever (see below), DM2 literally does nothing except show this one dialog option that never works

2) Slaves won't use most of the furniture most of the time I order them do (see below) at all, or they use the wrong one or walk away.  Most of the furniture like the wall plack, X and bent over head and hands binding one have NEVER worked, not even for follower NPCs sandboxing (but this could just be because they didn't randomly pick it).  If I do get the slave to use something they seem to stay there so I don't think the staying there is the problem.  It's the getting them onto it.

3) misalignment (which you basically already answered)

More details:

1) DM2 only has the "[DM2] Come with me..."  dialog option with the amulet equipped and clicking it does nothing, and no new dialog options ever pop up no matter what I do

2) After further testing I still can't get the slave to use the wall mounted display with the horns (which I really want to use) or the X, or the bent over wood binding for the head and hands.  The only thing I could get the slave on is one of the double posts (though super badly misaligned).  Also the wall chain by the doorway that appears out of nowhere.

3) I always bring the slave as close as possible to the furniture and that is definitely the closest thing to them, however to answer your question, Disabling other furniture won't help as they do one of two things most of the time, just walk away (HSH control set to stay in this area), or walk to the wall near the doorway leading to the lower water area and then make a chain appear out of nowhere and suspend themselves on it (HSH control set to stay in this area).  I can't get them to use the furniture when they follow me, so i have to set them to follow me (hit the road command), then fennagle them near the device, then set them to stay here, then set them to use this toy.  In summary, I usually can't order them onto the furniture and when it does work, it's only one of the double posts they use, the chain that appears near the doorway or the rope bindings in the middle of the room.  I haven't tested all the possibilities though.  Do I have to use HSH markers?  All I did was place the home cell cage marker and nothing else.  Again disabling doesn't help much because I can't disable the wall chains that appear out of nowhere, good suggestion though.

4) when you leave and come back to the cell and they snap into place, are they fully in the correct place?  is there really no way to fix the misalignment?  It's really really bad.

Do slaves stay in the devices even when you leave for a while and come back?

Also I really care about putting them on the furniture I want and them staying there, I care less about them randomly using them, though that will be a good one to have later.

Thanks again for all the help.

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

all what ETR said already

and

I think your mixing things up

> if you control NPCs via DM2 you don't use the PAHE dialog options, instead you can use the DM2 furnitures on them or use other DM2 dialog options on them. If your slave is under DM2 control tell them "go away" first to dismiss them from the DM2 system

> if you want to control PAHE slaves only use dialoges via PAHE/HSH/AYGAS and don't mix them with the DM2 system

> DM2 is great to control any NPC and is not related to PAHE slaves

> HSH uses DM2 functions for it own control system for slaves, means you don't need to start anything from DM2, because HSH handels the slaves and just uses features from DM2 for it's own use.

DM2 = standalone system to control any NPC and comes with own furnitures, don't use the DM2 control system at the same time as PAHE slave control systems.

You will not be the only one that gets confused by this, your slaves will be confused too

HSH = uses functions from DM2 to control PAHE slaves, DM2 is optional for HSH, HSH doesn't need you to start any dialoges via the DM2 system.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can't control NPCs via DM2, so all i have is PAHE dialog options, that's one of the big problems.  I can't easily get the NPC to where I want them and even when I do get them right next to the furniture, they just walk away and do nothing, or walk to the wall and suspend themselves with a chain that appears out of nowhere.  Twice or so I got them to use one of the double posts with hand binding, and could never get them to use any of the other selectable furniture.

From my understanding it looks like there are 3 scripts going on:  DM2, HSH, PAHE and transferring control.

My question is how can I transfer control between them. 

What I know is that I can disable DM2 with the "go away" option, but the problem is I can never get past the "[DM2] Come with me...", so I never even see the "[DM2] go away...".  It seems like I can never transfer control to DM2 in the first place.  Selecting "[DM2] Come with me..." does nothing and they never follow me and no new dialog appears.

I know i can transfer control from PAHE to HSH by selecting the bottom dialog option "i want you to stay here" or something similar and the PAHE says it's managing one less slave.

I know I can say "time to hit the road" or similar to get the NPC to follow me and at this point the count of slaves in the MCM menu goes up by one (so I think this is transferring control from HSH to PAHE).

This could just be a problem with understanding the transfer of control but I could never get PAHE to DM2 to work, or HSH to DM2 to work.  Is there a special sequence of operations I need to do to transfer control to DM2 as nothing has worked.

Also sometimes when I use the whip or do a quicksave with these mods enabled and being in the dungeon addon the game crashes to desktop.  My understanding is that these mods should be pretty stable and working well together.  Does this give any clue as to what the problems could be or how to fix the load order perhaps?

I also tried going to a random NPC in whiterun and selecting "[DM2] Come with me..." and it did nothing, same as on my slave.  I tested this thinking that HSH and PAHE might override DM2 commands, so i tried it on an NPC that wasn't managed by either HSH or PAHE.

Based on what you are saying it sounds like I should never select "[DM2] Come with me..." on a slave that's set to follow me (PAHE control) or one set to stay here (HSH control).  Then my followup questions are:

1) Why doesn't this work on the random whiterun NPC either

2) How can i reliably get the slave onto hearthfire dungeon addon furniture (please see my previous posts)

3) related to the above point, how can I get them to come close to me, I have 3 followers (one vanilla Serana, and 2 from mods) and one slave set to follow under PAHE control I think and the slave stands really far away from me to the point that I have to walk into the doorway just to get them to come a little closer to a furniture on the other side of the room.  As a workaround I used the teleport feature in MCM menu (HSH or PAHE menu) and then I have to set them to "let's hit the road" (PAHE?), then "stay in this area" (HSH?), then quickly talk to them again before they walk away, then select "i want to tie you up - use this toy" and they still usually do the wrong thing.  Is there a better way?

What I would like in the end is to bind multiple slaves onto multiple furniture and have them stay there indefinitely even after going out adventuring and coming back they should still be there.  After which maybe some other mods can be enabled to make things more dynamic as well with some slaves still indefinitely bound.

Thanks

If you can't even use the Display Model commands on un-enslaved NPCs, then you absolutely have something seriously wrong with your installation of that mod. It's unlikely to be related to this or any PAHE-related mod, as the only point where they would interact is when HSH hands over a slave to DM2's independent furniture script. The mods should have no impact on each other's functionality outside of that.

In my experience DM2 has been the most rock-solid of the bondage furniture mods. It's never had a problem taking over any NPC I point it at, PAHE and HSH slaves included, nor with keeping them in position indefinitely. The fact that you're having this much trouble with it is honestly kinda baffling.

Try re-checking that you have all of Display Model's requirements and installing it again, making sure to exactly follow any directions on its mod page. If it still won't work, ask for further help in its support thread.

21 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  Sorry but it seems my reply didn't include the entire original message so I will just reply below.

You said you are the author of this mod, and under recommended mods you list the following.  So I'm a bit confused why you say you have no experience with DM2 (I'll take the display model) as you list it in your main mod page.  If that's the case how do you order your slaves onto the equipment?

Because DM2 was, to my knowledge, released after I released this mod and after I went on break.  At any rate, if you need support with that mod, you need to ask in the DM2 support thread. 

Also can you provide your mod load order and you bsa, esm, esp load order please, ideally with all the recommended mods enabled and working?

Where my mod's esp file is in your load order in relation to the other mods should not matter.  It doesn't use much in the way of scripting and what scripting it does use does not directly interact with any of the other mods.  In fact my mod could be used entirely by itself without any of the recommended mods.  You just wouldn't be able to do anything with any of the bondage furniture since there wouldn't be any scripting for NPCs to interact with it.

Another question, do I have to re-run FNIS if i change the load order of mods (I don't enable or disable any) just drag them around in Mod Organizer?

Nope, once you install the animation and run FNIS you should need to run it again unless the installation of the animations changes (adding, removing, etc.); changing the load order of the esp / esm shouldn't make any difference.

Just to be clear, there are three problems:

1) "[DM2] Come with me..." doesn't work at all ever (see below), DM2 literally does nothing except show this one dialog option that never works

IIRC in DM1, there was no option to tell a NPC to come with me, so I assume this is part of new features Darkconsole has added since the last time I looked at those mods.  However that is supposed to work is something you'll need to ask in that support thread.  I only ever used an older version, in that version we had the option to place DM generated furniture items and then order an NPC onto that item, that was pretty much all the mod did.  I'm sure Dark's devious mind (and I mean that in the best way) has come up with delightful new options, but I'm not familiar with the changes.

2) Slaves won't use most of the furniture most of the time I order them do (see below) at all, or they use the wrong one or walk away.  Most of the furniture like the wall plack, X and bent over head and hands binding one have NEVER worked, not even for follower NPCs sandboxing (but this could just be because they didn't randomly pick it).  If I do get the slave to use something they seem to stay there so I don't think the staying there is the problem.  It's the getting them onto it.

As far as I recall slaves wouldn't use a lot of the furniture on their own when sandboxing.  For that to happen you either needed to assign a slave to be trained by another slave in HSH.  Or else use another mod like the one of Musje's I linked which will cause NPCs to use bondage furniture.  Some of the items they will use, like the dance poles, because they were set up for that.  I used both her mods last time I played (so long ago ?) and there was a fair amount of random furniture usage then.

Also the wall chain by the doorway that appears out of nowhere.

The pull chain is part of a default mesh that comes packed with Skyrim.  You should be seeing a sort of stone/metal block above it, not seeing anything sounds like you are somehow missing that part of the object mesh which is very concerning.   If you are not seeing that stone block at all something is wrong with your Skyrim installation as that mesh and textures are part of the base Skyrim install itself and appear in most dungeons around Skyrim.

Do I have to use HSH markers?  All I did was place the home cell cage marker and nothing else. 

I usually put several of the HSH area markers down, one per room.   I usually drop the original HSH cage in the prison area, sometimes in the smaller cell in there (so if i tell them to go to their cell they go in there) and then remove the cage itself. 

Again disabling doesn't help much because I can't disable the wall chains that appear out of nowhere, good suggestion though.

I've never seen this happen and can't explain it.  I could only suggest that maybe something is wrong with your ZAZ installation, or else HSH.  But if you are missing meshes for Skyrim itself then it may be your Skyrim installation is corrupted.

4) when you leave and come back to the cell and they snap into place, are they fully in the correct place?  is there really no way to fix the misalignment?  It's really really bad.

Sometimes they're perfectly in place, sometimes mostly in place, sometimes... well...   And yes, its long been a problem, some furniture items seem worse for it than others and there appears to be nothing the furniture creators can do about it.  You could blame Bethesda which I suppose is technically true, but part of the problem is we're modding Skyrim in ways they probably never imagined so they never thought to build in support for half of what we're doing.  Its an imperfect virtual world.

Do slaves stay in the devices even when you leave for a while and come back?

Yes, I had a few particularly nasty NPCs I left in the dog kennels, one of them I left there for over a game year and she stayed put the entire time.

Also I really care about putting them on the furniture I want and them staying there, I care less about them randomly using them, though that will be a good one to have later.

Thanks again for all the help.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  If you are missing basic game meshes I'm concerned it may be your Skyrim install itself is corrupted (double check that and try looking around in some of the game dungeons / cairns, etc. to see if that part is missing there as well), but I've no way of knowing for sure so I'd rather be cautious giving you any advice about that. As far as DM2 or HSH not doing what you expect I can only suggest you ask in those mod's support threads respectively.  I've been away from Skyrim for many months and I've no idea what Darkconsole has added.  I've somewhat kept in touch with Musje but I'm not really familiar with the more recent changes to her mods either.  They can help you much better than I can.  My mod really just creates a location space and some furniture options using furniture meshes provided by T.ara / ZAZ.  All the interactions with the furniture are done with scripting in other mods.

"As far as I recall slaves wouldn't use a lot of the furniture on their own when sandboxing.  For that to happen you either needed to assign a slave to be trained by another slave in HSH.  Or else use another mod like the one of Musje's I linked which will cause NPCs to use bondage furniture.  Some of the items they will use, like the dance poles, because they were set up for that.  I used both her mods last time I played (so long ago ?) and there was a fair amount of random furniture usage then."

Thanks for the info, that's useful for the sandboxing stuff but I was more talking about ordering them to use it and them not using it.
I did find a mod called ZAP_8.0_Helper_Addon 1.0.2 that works to order NPCs on the wall trophy thing at the other side of the room from the bed, but it doesn't work on the "X" mount beside one of the doorways, the regular one or the golden X.

"The pull chain is part of a default mesh that comes packed with Skyrim.  You should be seeing a sort of stone/metal block above it, not seeing anything sounds like you are somehow missing that part of the object mesh which is very concerning.   If you are not seeing that stone block at all something is wrong with your Skyrim installation as that mesh and textures are part of the base Skyrim install itself and appear in most dungeons around Skyrim."

I'll have to check but there are two version right in the hallway along the left wall oposite the chain to open the door to the downstairs, one the NPC hangs right side up, the other upside down.  So you are saying both of these chain meshes are just part of base Skyrim?  I do see the chains fine, that's not the issue.  Not sure about this block, but the chains appear.  If i stay perfectly still while the NPC goes to the wall and gets into position sometimes (or all the time? not sure) the chain is invisible, but if I move the camera even a pixel, it renders instantly.  Do you have some sort of marker there so they can go there and get tied to the chains?

"I usually put several of the HSH area markers down, one per room.   I usually drop the original HSH cage in the prison area, sometimes in the smaller cell in there (so if i tell them to go to their cell they go in there) and then remove the cage itself."

I put it around the same area but above the cells.  What do you mean by then remove the cage itself?  Don't you need to keep the cage there permanently so it's marked as an interior HSH area?

I also noticed there is really bad lag with your mod if you go close to some or all of the wall mounted funiture options.  The game goes super slow and you can barely move, but if you walk way or turn so you aren't seeing the clickable options it goes away.  I'm assuming this is because the small items on the wall are the full detailed meshes and if you go too close it tries to render everything in high detail.  I noticed it when walking downstairs to the prison area on the right corner wall switches (the ones that can enable the golden X furniture).

I have also asked these questions on the "I'll Take The Display Model" support forums too at the same time as I originally posted here, but still nobody has replied there so I'm glad for everyone helping here.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, llvv11 said:

I'll have to check but there are two version right in the hallway along the left wall oposite the chain to open the door to the downstairs, one the NPC hangs right side up, the other upside down.  So you are saying both of these chain meshes are just part of base Skyrim?  I do see the chains fine, that's not the issue.  Not sure about this block, but the chains appear.  If i stay perfectly still while the NPC goes to the wall and gets into position sometimes (or all the time? not sure) the chain is invisible, but if I move the camera even a pixel, it renders instantly.  Do you have some sort of marker there so they can go there and get tied to the chains?

When you mentioned pull chain, and just to be clear, I assume you mean the pull chain used to open the gates.  That object is a switch that is part of the base Skyrim game.  It consists of two meshes, one for the pull chain itself and one for a sort of "block" above that the chain hangs out of.  If you aren't seeing that block at all its because the mesh is somehow missing, and that's a serious issue because its part of the basic game... it should not be missing.  None of them should be upside down.  They should all be hanging towards the floor with the pull ring at the bottom.

I put it around the same area but above the cells.  What do you mean by then remove the cage itself?  Don't you need to keep the cage there permanently so it's marked as an interior HSH area?

Nope, the cage can be removed via the menu option when you use the little control "chest".  The cage will disappear along with the bedroll but the control chest will remain.  The cage isn't needed here since you have a much larger "prison" to keep them in that has it own beds and things.  That was part of how this mod began, I like using HSH but the cage is small and keeping more than a few slaves in most houses seemed a bit odd.  So I built this dungeon specifically to use with HSH so I'd have a big "play space" where I could keep many slaves.  The "area" markers are the ones that look like rugs (or did unless Musje has changed that).

I also noticed there is really bad lag with your mod if you go close to some or all of the wall mounted funiture options.  The game goes super slow and you can barely move, but if you walk way or turn so you aren't seeing the clickable options it goes away.  I'm assuming this is because the small items on the wall are the full detailed meshes and if you go too close it tries to render everything in high detail.  I noticed it when walking downstairs to the prison area on the right corner wall switches (the ones that can enable the golden X furniture).

That should not be happening.  It sounds like your frame rate is dropping really low because your computer is running out of memory and is struggling to render things.  When I built the dungeon I broke it up into spaces and used what are called 'occlusion barriers' between the different areas to help prevent what you are describing (you mentioned you'd done some modding so you may already be familiar with using them in CK).  What occlusion barriers do is tell the game engine not to render anything on the other side of the barrier, so it won't try to render the whole dungeon, just the part you happen to be in.  I put a LOT of them in to help keep the demand on system resources as low as I could.  But, it sounds like you may have problems with missing meshes and or textures and other things so I hate to say it but its sounding like you might need to re-install some Skyrim.  I'd suggest starting with just re-installing my mod, just unpack the files and let them overwrite what's already there to make sure you got a good install.  You might also try re-downloading the mod first and then re-install from that letting it overwrite to make sure you got a good clean install.  Sometimes errors happen when we download, hopefully that's all it is (cause that's an easy fix).  I'd also suggest just opening the zip file and copying the contents in manually rather than using a mod installer, it won't hurt anything, you're just overwriting what's already there.  Just make sure you put things in the correct folder.  If that doesn't solve it, you could try re-installing ZAZ next.  I'd also double check those switches and see if you really are not seeing part of the mesh, if so, you have bigger problems (assuming I understood what you were referring too correctly, always better to double check).

I have also asked these questions on the "I'll Take The Display Model" support forums too at the same time as I originally posted here, but still nobody has replied there so I'm glad for everyone helping here.  Thanks.

I try to answer when I can, I'm often away.  Fortunately there are also some other helpful souls who pitch in with answering questions around here.  I appreciate their help, good bunch of people.

When you mentioned pull chain, and just to be clear, I assume you mean the pull chain used to open the gates.  That object is a switch that is part of the base Skyrim game.  It consists of two meshes, one for the pull chain itself and one for a sort of "block" above that the chain hangs out of.  If you aren't seeing that block at all its because the mesh is somehow missing, and that's a serious issue because its part of the basic game... it should not be missing.  None of them should be upside down.  They should all be hanging towards the floor with the pull ring at the bottom.

Is that what you are talking about.  No, that's not what I was talking about at all.  I see that just fine, the block is there as far as I can remember and the chain is definitely hanging down with a loop on the end.  Opposite that chain is a 2 section wall that's what I'm talking about.  The walls are empty, no furnityre.  This is usually where NPCs go when I tell them to get on the toys and they suspend themselves right side up or upside down (depending on which of the two walls they are closer to).  This is the chain I'm talking about appearing out of nowhere that extends to the roof of the building I think.

Nope, the cage can be removed via the menu option when you use the little control "chest".  The cage will disappear along with the bedroll but the control chest will remain.  The cage isn't needed here since you have a much larger "prison" to keep them in that has it own beds and things.  That was part of how this mod began, I like using HSH but the cage is small and keeping more than a few slaves in most houses seemed a bit odd.  So I built this dungeon specifically to use with HSH so I'd have a big "play space" where I could keep many slaves.  The "area" markers are the ones that look like rugs (or did unless Musje has changed that).

Ahh that is useful.  However, don't the NPCs in HSH still have a limit that is the size of that original cage even if you hide it?

If I move the HSH home cell cage, I have to completely remove the cage and marker and then put it back again right?  If I do this, what do I do with slaves under HSH control so they work correctly?

That should not be happening.  It sounds like your frame rate is dropping really low because your computer is running out of memory and is struggling to render things.  When I built the dungeon I broke it up into spaces and used what are called 'occlusion barriers' between the different areas to help prevent what you are describing (you mentioned you'd done some modding so you may already be familiar with using them in CK).  What occlusion barriers do is tell the game engine not to render anything on the other side of the barrier, so it won't try to render the whole dungeon, just the part you happen to be in.  I put a LOT of them in to help keep the demand on system resources as low as I could.  But, it sounds like you may have problems with missing meshes and or textures and other things so I hate to say it but its sounding like you might need to re-install some Skyrim.  I'd suggest starting with just re-installing my mod, just unpack the files and let them overwrite what's already there to make sure you got a good install.  You might also try re-downloading the mod first and then re-install from that letting it overwrite to make sure you got a good clean install.  Sometimes errors happen when we download, hopefully that's all it is (cause that's an easy fix).  I'd also suggest just opening the zip file and copying the contents in manually rather than using a mod installer, it won't hurt anything, you're just overwriting what's already there.  Just make sure you put things in the correct folder.  If that doesn't solve it, you could try re-installing ZAZ next.  I'd also double check those switches and see if you really are not seeing part of the mesh, if so, you have bigger problems (assuming I understood what you were referring too correctly, always better to double check).

I am not missing any meshes (please see above replies).  I also don't think this is an occlusion thing (I read your posts before and I think you mentioned this on the main mod page as well as I remember seeing a reference to it).  I only have 2 slaves now and unless there is some wall clipping causing rendering more of the dungeon (which I don't visually see and clipping or holes in the walls), this seems to be specific to the furniture buttons.  I also have 32 GB of ram so it's definitely not a RAM issue unless we are talking about Skyrim reaching it's limit which I also don't think is what's going on but could be wrong.

The way I see it, when you look at the buttons and go close it's fine for a while, but if you move really close you get this issue.  It might be what I mentioned before, the mesh being redered in extra detail at that close view distance and the mesh is very detailed, or maybe it's what you say about it rendering the rest of the dugeon for some reason because you are close to the wall.  However I have no issues with skyrim performance at all and i'm using ENB's 4k texutre pack etc.  I also have no issue inside your modded area except for this in terms of performance.

I also noticed that if you stand against the wall in the main room and face the bed, you see fog and can't see the other side of the room.  You have to be right against the wall though.  Is this why you made the room exactly that size or is this something that can be fixed.  I think I have all my draw distances set to max.

Thanks for the help :)

14 hours ago, AVS said:

If you can't even use the Display Model commands on un-enslaved NPCs, then you absolutely have something seriously wrong with your installation of that mod. It's unlikely to be related to this or any PAHE-related mod, as the only point where they would interact is when HSH hands over a slave to DM2's independent furniture script. The mods should have no impact on each other's functionality outside of that.

In my experience DM2 has been the most rock-solid of the bondage furniture mods. It's never had a problem taking over any NPC I point it at, PAHE and HSH slaves included, nor with keeping them in position indefinitely. The fact that you're having this much trouble with it is honestly kinda baffling.

Try re-checking that you have all of Display Model's requirements and installing it again, making sure to exactly follow any directions on its mod page. If it still won't work, ask for further help in its support thread.

I have checked the dependencies and re-read the instructions for ZAZ, HSH, and DM2 and unless there is something really obscure hidden somewere, I have the right versions of everything installed, ran FNIS and followed all the steps as far as I can tell.  There is also no install option as per SexLab instructions "Check that you meet the requirements on the left pane and then click the Install option in the top right.", so maybe this was changed in a more recent update and the instructions on the page were never updated.

Even with the ZAP_8.0_Helper_Addon 1.0.2, it is limited to controlling only one NPC at a time, so I still have no reliable way to get multiple NPCs onto the different furniture at the same time.  This is a really important feature.

The game crashes a lot when quick saving in your dungeon especially after using the whip for a bit and then quick saving a second or two after.  Is there a way to fix this?  I only have this mod, PAH, and HSH installed for this stuff and my game almost never crashes when saving before installing these mods.

There is also a weird lighting glitch behind the "X" furniture cross thing depending on what position are are and what angle you are looking at.  The whole back wall behind this "X" flashes.  Is this the occlusion wall you were talking about?  Is this something you can fix?

Update:  It crashes every time the last few times of testing (5-10 times) after using whip for 10 seconds or so even after waiting like 30 seconds then quick saving.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:09 AM, llvv11 said:

The game crashes a lot when quick saving in your dungeon especially after using the whip for a bit and then quick saving a second or two after.  Is there a way to fix this?  I only have this mod, PAH, and HSH installed for this stuff and my game almost never crashes when saving before installing these mods.

There is also a weird lighting glitch behind the "X" furniture cross thing depending on what position are are and what angle you are looking at.  The whole back wall behind this "X" flashes.  Is this the occlusion wall you were talking about?  Is this something you can fix?

Update:  It crashes every time the last few times of testing (5-10 times) after using whip for 10 seconds or so even after waiting like 30 seconds then quick saving.

if your game crashes like that you might want to start a topic in tech support about it

add your Loadorder and FNIS output (copy/paste) inclusive warnings to your topic

HF dungeon addon "just" provides a playground for PAHE with zaz furnitures, idles, closed doors

If your PAHE HSH AYGAS and DM2 don't work you might get more specific help on those support topics.

2 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Can anybody help?

Given the long list of problems you are having, your best option would be to remove all but one of these mods and start a new game to see if it works. If yes, then add another and get the two working together . . .

On 5/27/2019 at 6:09 PM, llvv11 said:

I never could get that to stop.  Its caused by the way the lighting system in Skyrim works.  If there are too many light sources affecting a single wall or floor texture (any texture really) it can cause that flicker.  I worked to change various light radii to try and limit the overlap and number of lights affecting any one area but that one section of wall was always a problem.  Unfortunately I can't fix it.

16 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

I never could get that to stop.  Its caused by the way the lighting system in Skyrim works.  If there are too many light sources affecting a single wall or floor texture (any texture really) it can cause that flicker.  I worked to change various light radii to try and limit the overlap and number of lights affecting any one area but that one section of wall was always a problem.  Unfortunately I can't fix it.

That's at least good to know that it's a known issue.

Is there any mod or way to increase the brightness of lights in interior cells?

As a followup, is there any good permanently on player light source mode that gets the same effect as a mage light spell?  It gets really annoying to re-cast the mage light spell every minute or so.

Also do you know how to fix crashes after using the whip on a slave that's under the control of HSH without saying that they will be punished?  Basically just put the slave in HSH control then use the whip on them for about 30 seconds straight and it might CTD.  Or if you then talk to an NPC shortly after you get a CTD.  Doesn't seem to happen if you put them in the punishment mode first or it's much more rare.  For more details on this and other issues please see the thread

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

That's at least good to know that it's a known issue.

Is there any mod or way to increase the brightness of lights in interior cells?

Various ENB settings can affect overall brightness levels in the game, making it brighter or darker.  You also have a brightness setting in your game settings that you can adjust.  I tried to set a "average" light level with no ENB so that with most of the torch sconces active you got a decent amount of light... but things can always look different on other computers so that one can be hard to gauge when building a mod.

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

As a followup, is there any good permanently on player light source mode that gets the same effect as a mage light spell?  It gets really annoying to re-cast the mage light spell every minute or so.

Well, you could just mod the candlelight spell itself so its infinite duration, which is what I did. ?  (Its a simple change to make in CK, small tweaks like that were how my personal magic mod got started)  You can look for mods that do something like that.  Or you can again look for some of the screen shot ENBs that somehow add a spotlight on the player.  I don't know anything about those though, I don't use them.

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

Also do you know how to fix crashes after using the whip on a slave that's under the control of HSH without saying that they will be punished?  Basically just put the slave in HSH control then use the whip on them for about 30 seconds straight and it might CTD.  Or if you then talk to an NPC shortly after you get a CTD.  Doesn't seem to happen if you put them in the punishment mode first or it's much more rare.  For more details on this and other issues please see the thread

No clue, that's other peoples mods and since I use many of those same mods and don't get the crashes I tend to think maybe your Skyrim install has gotten badly corrupted.  Those crashes should not be happening and neither my mod nor those mods should be causing crashes.

Oh an on the "floating spit roast" thing.  Its a known issue as well.  I asked T.ara about it and what's happening is the prop adds a collision plane that you end up standing on, its part of the prop so the animation plays correctly.  There's no way for me to fix it unless I pushed the whole fireplace hearth into the floor.  Since I'm not into the whole cannibal, spit roast a slave thing... honestly... I just left it. ?

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Various ENB settings can affect overall brightness levels in the game, making it brighter or darker.  You also have a brightness setting in your game settings that you can adjust.  I tried to set a "average" light level with no ENB so that with most of the torch sconces active you got a decent amount of light... but things can always look different on other computers so that one can be hard to gauge when building a mod.

Well, you could just mod the candlelight spell itself so its infinite duration, which is what I did. ?  (Its a simple change to make in CK, small tweaks like that were how my personal magic mod got started)  You can look for mods that do something like that.  Or you can again look for some of the screen shot ENBs that somehow add a spotlight on the player.  I don't know anything about those though, I don't use them.

If you mod it to be infinite or really really high, what if you want to turn it off?  What about casting it multiple times and causing issues with the game having many permanent spells active eventually?

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

No clue, that's other peoples mods and since I use many of those same mods and don't get the crashes I tend to think maybe your Skyrim install has gotten badly corrupted.  Those crashes should not be happening and neither my mod nor those mods should be causing crashes.

Have you tried the scenario in your game though?  Why do you keep going back to my Skyrim always being corrupted?  I haven't had any issues at all with the game and with the many mods I have installed at all over many hundreds of hours that I likely spent in it over the years, it's only this issue with these mods that you also use.  Maybe it's another load order issue.  Again, I'm not missing any meshes or texture like you thought before with the chain.  It's possible, but probably extremely unlikely that my Skyrim is corrupted as again this is the only issue and it's with these small set of mods.

Make a counter spell that removes that one effect.  Or else just give it a long duration (which is what I finally settled on) so that it lasts about 30 min or so real time.

As to your second question, because you've reported a number of issues that only you seem to be experiencing.  You say you aren't missing the meshes, but before you said you were.  About the only thing I'm sure of is that the problem does not stem from my mod.  I wouldn't think it was caused by one of Musje's mods, she's very good at what she does and I trust her work.  Ultimately though if you're having an issue with her mod, you need to chat with her.   Beyond that I'm afraid I can't be of any help.

Sometimes I get CTD when placing torches or furnature in the basement.  The rest of my game is clear of CTDs, and it's only in the basement.  (placing furniture on the main floor is fine).

It doesn't always happen but happens often enough to be a problem.  I would say 50% of the time, 75% of the time if it's my first time in the basement.

I have no conflicting mods and started with the latest LE version.

It does not matter which Hearthfires house it is.  The CTD occurs for all of them.