No idea why that would be happening.  The torch scones are another basic element common throughout the game.  If you've ever messed with the ones in Embershard mine they are literally a copy of those scones.  Its just the sconce activator with a light linked to it.  Not even any scripting.

Try taking torches out of the sconces in Embershard and putting new torches back in and see what happens.  Like I said, mine are literally a copy of those, they work exactly the same and use the same meshes and lights.

I have run into a problem/annoyance in the main room. Just curious if you could possibly move this set of machine activators to the other side/left of the hallway. One of the machines will activate every time my pc passes by it on the way to hallway and the lower level.

HF-DungeonMainRm.png

7 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Make a counter spell that removes that one effect.  Or else just give it a long duration (which is what I finally settled on) so that it lasts about 30 min or so real time.

As to your second question, because you've reported a number of issues that only you seem to be experiencing.  You say you aren't missing the meshes, but before you said you were.  About the only thing I'm sure of is that the problem does not stem from my mod.  I wouldn't think it was caused by one of Musje's mods, she's very good at what she does and I trust her work.  Ultimately though if you're having an issue with her mod, you need to chat with her.   Beyond that I'm afraid I can't be of any help.

Thanks for the help.

Just to be clear, I never once said that I was missing a mesh and I tried to clarify multiple times that I was not missing a mesh, it was just a misunderstanding.  The only problem I'm having now (after getting the load order changed to get DM2 working) is the crash after using the whip without entering the punishment mode for the npc.  I also don't think it was a problem with your mod, just that you use the same mods and you were the first to help.

Thanks again, and you have a great mod.  Do you think you will ever add to it?

7 hours ago, Aki K said:

Sometimes I get CTD when placing torches or furnature in the basement.  The rest of my game is clear of CTDs, and it's only in the basement.  (placing furniture on the main floor is fine).

It doesn't always happen but happens often enough to be a problem.  I would say 50% of the time, 75% of the time if it's my first time in the basement.

I have no conflicting mods and started with the latest LE version.

It does not matter which Hearthfires house it is.  The CTD occurs for all of them.

That's interesting.  I've only tried the HSH and PAHE stuff in this mod, maybe it's somehow related to it?  Not sure.

2 hours ago, Stryker1177 said:

I have run into a problem/annoyance in the main room. Just curious if you could possibly move this set of machine activators to the other side/left of the hallway. One of the machines will activate every time my pc passes by it on the way to hallway and the lower level.

HF-DungeonMainRm.png

I didn't have any issues with them activating, but that corner is problemating in that when I look at it or walk past it at certain angles and close distance my character starts moving really slowly till I go past it.  I think something with the game trying render too much or something like that.  Might be related to what you are experiencing.  Might be the same underlying issue.

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

Thanks for the help.

Just to be clear, I never once said that I was missing a mesh and I tried to clarify multiple times that I was not missing a mesh, it was just a misunderstanding.  The only problem I'm having now (after getting the load order changed to get DM2 working) is the crash after using the whip without entering the punishment mode for the npc.  I also don't think it was a problem with your mod, just that you use the same mods and you were the first to help.

Thanks again, and you have a great mod.  Do you think you will ever add to it?

I don't mind helping its just that I'm at the point there's nothing else I can offer you in the way of help.  I'm not currently even playing Skyrim, I had to take a long break due to RL and other demands on my time.  I opened up CK today for the first time in about 8 months.  I'm not really back yet but at least I've had a little time to pop in and check on things.

As far as adding to the mod, probably not.  About the only thing I might consider doing is adding a MCM page to make it possible to individually disable each dungeon.  Some don't want the one for Lakeview because it conflicts with another mod.  But I don't know, maybe not.  Would be easier to just delete the Lakeview changes and publish a variant of the mod that doesn't add anything to Lakeview.  Right now I don't have time for anything so its a moot point.

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

That's interesting.  I've only tried the HSH and PAHE stuff in this mod, maybe it's somehow related to it?  Not sure.

Shouldn't be related and its a very odd glitch.  As I said, those sconces are a) super simple items and b) literally copies of the same ones in Embershard mine.  If the ones in the mine aren't causing crashes, these should not be either, as they're the same thing.  Its just a wall torch sconce activator with a light linked to it, really easy to set up in CK (as in, place the torch sconce, place a light, link the light to the sconce, done).  There's no scripting or anything else so I don't see how they could possibly be causing a crash.  I'm not saying their game isn't crashing, just that it might not be crashing for the reason they think.  Then again, sometimes Skyrim is just plain unstable.  Sometimes figuring out what's happening in someones game is very difficult.  With all the mods people use and changes to the game, sometimes there's just no knowing.

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

I didn't have any issues with them activating, but that corner is problemating in that when I look at it or walk past it at certain angles and close distance my character starts moving really slowly till I go past it.  I think something with the game trying render too much or something like that.  Might be related to what you are experiencing.  Might be the same underlying issue.

I've never seen nor had a report of the player character slowing down, I have seen NPCs slow down and start walking really slowly there.  I never could figure out why and few others reported seeing it at all.  Its not the navmesh, I checked and even rebuilt it several times.  There aren't any overlapping meshes that would cause it.  Its nothing to do with the game rendering things.  But whatever it is, I never could work it out and if I don't know what's causing it its hard to fix it.  I even tore out that whole area, deleted the floor, the walls, etc. and rebuilt it... still didn't get rid of it.  If anyone ever figures it out, I'd love to hear cause it bugs me.

8 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

I don't mind helping its just that I'm at the point there's nothing else I can offer you in the way of help.  I'm not currently even playing Skyrim, I had to take a long break due to RL and other demands on my time.  I opened up CK today for the first time in about 8 months.  I'm not really back yet but at least I've had a little time to pop in and check on things.

As far as adding to the mod, probably not.  About the only thing I might consider doing is adding a MCM page to make it possible to individually disable each dungeon.  Some don't want the one for Lakeview because it conflicts with another mod.  But I don't know, maybe not.  Would be easier to just delete the Lakeview changes and publish a variant of the mod that doesn't add anything to Lakeview.  Right now I don't have time for anything so its a moot point.

I understand and thanks for your help.

Shouldn't be related and its a very odd glitch.  As I said, those sconces are a) super simple items and b) literally copies of the same ones in Embershard mine.  If the ones in the mine aren't causing crashes, these should not be either, as they're the same thing.  Its just a wall torch sconce activator with a light linked to it, really easy to set up in CK (as in, place the torch sconce, place a light, link the light to the sconce, done).  There's no scripting or anything else so I don't see how they could possibly be causing a crash.  I'm not saying their game isn't crashing, just that it might not be crashing for the reason they think.  Then again, sometimes Skyrim is just plain unstable.  Sometimes figuring out what's happening in someones game is very difficult.  With all the mods people use and changes to the game, sometimes there's just no knowing.

Like I said before, I don't think for me it has to do with the sconces or torches in my case, though since another user is having issues in the same exact corner area I think they are related or caused by the same issue.

I think there is something wrong in that area, maybe a really detailed mesh for the devices, or maybe more likely a hole in the wall or something that causes an infinite rendering plane or something because it not only makes my character walk slow, it slows down the entire game to like 6 frames a second until I walk past that corner area.  I think it's a rendering thing because the fan on the CPU or GPU or both spin up I think until I walk past that corner.  I think there is something wrong with that corner, a hole in the wall like I said or something with the mesh of the wall of small preview of the devices you can toggle there.

I've never seen nor had a report of the player character slowing down, I have seen NPCs slow down and start walking really slowly there.  I never could figure out why and few others reported seeing it at all.  Its not the navmesh, I checked and even rebuilt it several times.  There aren't any overlapping meshes that would cause it.  Its nothing to do with the game rendering things.  But whatever it is, I never could work it out and if I don't know what's causing it its hard to fix it.  I even tore out that whole area, deleted the floor, the walls, etc. and rebuilt it... still didn't get rid of it.  If anyone ever figures it out, I'd love to hear cause it bugs me.

See my answer above, this is the corner and issue I am talking about.

48 minutes ago, Aki K said:

I don't know what that means.

They are 2 mods paradise halls and home sweet home.  I have a crashing issue with them in one scenario but i only tried that scenario in this dungeon addon and you are also having problems.   Might not be related.

3 hours ago, llvv11 said:

I think there is something wrong in that area, maybe a really detailed mesh for the devices, or maybe more likely a hole in the wall or something that causes an infinite rendering plane or something because it not only makes my character walk slow, it slows down the entire game to like 6 frames a second until I walk past that corner area.  I think it's a rendering thing because the fan on the CPU or GPU or both spin up I think until I walk past that corner.  I think there is something wrong with that corner, a hole in the wall like I said or something with the mesh of the wall of small preview of the devices you can toggle there.

See my answer above, this is the corner and issue I am talking about.

No holes in the wall.  An infinite rendering plane isn't possible because the whole dungeon is wrapped in occlusion planes which prevent anything beyond them from being rendered (its not even possible for the whole dungeon to render at one time, generally only the room you are in gets rendered to cut down on the graphics load especially if you have 60 NPCs down there).  The flickering wall texture in that area is due to too many light sources affecting it at once. 

54 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

No holes in the wall.  An infinite rendering plane isn't possible because the whole dungeon is wrapped in occlusion planes which prevent anything beyond them from being rendered (its not even possible for the whole dungeon to render at one time, generally only the room you are in gets rendered to cut down on the graphics load especially if you have 60 NPCs down there).  The flickering wall texture in that area is due to too many light sources affecting it at once. 

Then not sure why there is lag near that wall.  I only have like 5 npcs in that area total any only 1 or 2 in that room.

18 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Are you using any of the crash fix mods and if so which ones and how did you configure them in their settings files?

Just the basic memory patch, no ENB. 

Since releasing the SE version someone caught a lil goof on my part with 4 activators that had not been properly updated (they're in the Pale house, the one in the marsh).  I just finished fixing those and will post an update soonish.  Meanwhile I'm looking at the corner area one more time.  Still not seeing anything that would explain it.  From what I can remember of seeing NPCs sometimes start walking slowly is was right at the seam between two floor tiles so I just deleted and rebuilt that section of floor yet again.  I doubt it will fix the issue but it can't hurt to try. 

Until I post the official update, here's the current working copy of the esp.

EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon.esp

Hi! Sorry to bother anyone with this silly thing but when I tried to start the alternate start as the owner of one of Lakeview Manor, trough LAL mod, the house comes with prebuilt basement and when I turn my char to Vampire, just to see all the options of the mod, I don't see any upgrade options in the basement workbench (in and out of the cell to refresh, quit the house, travel Falkreath and back, nothing is registering the change). Is there any console command that will activate it for me? Like setstage or something? I know its probably something to do between vanilla game and LAL mod, but I'm asking here anyway, you know, just in case :)

Oh! And one more question while I'm here! In the main hall, when you remove table the area becomes properly navmeshed? Will NPCs walk trough it, or I could placeatme something funny in there? Or the opposite is true and the area is open for them to walk trough all the time and they will constantly get stuck on the table if its there? As I said, just start testing the mod and didn't had time to properly populate the home and observe NPCs behavior.

So far no bugs with slow corners, light flickering (moderation), or torch crashes, just the fog becomes very visible if you standing really close to one side of your dungeon hall and look at the other. Not that big a problem to complain about. Great Idea! Great Execution! Great Mod! ?

7 minutes ago, BushJr said:

Hi! Sorry to bother anyone with this silly thing but when I tried to start the alternate start as the owner of one of Lakeview Manor, trough LAL mod, the house comes with prebuilt basement and when I turn my char to Vampire, just to see all the options of the mod, I don't see any upgrade options in the basement workbench (in and out of the cell to refresh, quit the house, travel Falkreath and back, nothing is registering the change). Is there any console command that will activate it for me? Like setstage or something? I know its probably something to do between vanilla game and LAL mod, but I'm asking here anyway, you know, just in case :)

Hmm.. not sure what you are asking.  But if I understand correctly when you become a vampire there is no crafting option to build the coffin?  I'll have to check that, far as I know it should be there because I didn't change that part (what I did instead was use their coffin to enable mine, so when you build theirs mine gets enabled as well).

Oh! And one more question while I'm here! In the main hall, when you remove table the area becomes properly navmeshed? Will NPCs walk trough it, or I could placeatme something funny in there? Or the opposite is true and the area is open for them to walk trough all the time and they will constantly get stuck on the table if its there? As I said, just start testing the mod and didn't had time to properly populate the home and observe NPCs behavior.

The main hall is fully navmeshed, always has been.  Navmeshing can't be changed in game so what Bethesda did instead was create a special type of collision box that temporarily "cuts" the navmesh, then placed these around the table.  I did the same with my furniture items so the NPCs should path around any furniture when its there, and walk thru the open area when it isn't.  That said, Skyrim doesn't always behave the way it should, but that's how its supposed to work and most of the time it does.

So far no bugs with slow corners, light flickering (moderation), or torch crashes, just the fog becomes very visible if you standing really close to one side of your dungeon hall and look at the other. Not that big a problem to complain about. Great Idea! Great Execution! Great Mod! ?

Yeah that fog isn't technically fog, its actually the render distance limitation for interior cells.  You can adjust that some in your game settings, mine is set to the max so I never see that.  With default settings the game won't render things that far away and you see the "fog" instead.  I think its Object Fade and Light Fade, possibly Actor Fade as well, been a long time since I messed with any of that (today was actually my first time even firing up Skyrim since 3rd Oct 2018, having to remember how to do a LOT of things in game!  LOL

Glad you're enjoying the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct.  Which reminds me I need to upload the download page.

30 minutes ago, bannedspider51 said:

So in my game when i go into the dungeon most items wont work when i click on them and dont have any icons

Do you have the required mods installed?  Most of that requires ZaZ furniture items.  You don't have *any* icons at all?

14 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Correct.  Which reminds me I need to upload the download page.

Do you have the required mods installed?  Most of that requires ZaZ furniture items.  You don't have *any* icons at all?

i have some icons but not most of them, and yes i have zaz animation pack