54 minutes ago, PunkRockChick said:

Version 8 plus, the same one linked out on the main page of this mod Edit: Never mind the Zaz file was only a text file that had a link in it, good god that explains a lot

Yes it does. Don't forget that it also includes the password you'll need when you go to the link.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My first guess would be your draw (fade) settings are too low and the game isn't able to render everything.

If not that, it may be a memory issue.  If the game doesn't have enough memory some things don't get loaded.  If you are using a lot of hi-res replacement textures (especially 4k and above which really shouldn't be used with LE as it doesn't have enough memory to begin with) that could be part of the problem.

11 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

My first guess would be your draw (fade) settings are too low and the game isn't able to render everything.

If not that, it may be a memory issue.  If the game doesn't have enough memory some things don't get loaded.  If you are using a lot of hi-res replacement textures (especially 4k and above which really shouldn't be used with LE as it doesn't have enough memory to begin with) that could be part of the problem.

im using draconic argonian textures and femine+masculine khajiit texures, they are both 4k versions

i also have a patch for 4gb of ram

Edited by bannedspider51
2 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

another issue, i cant select any of the furniture items to place at all in the dungeon, plus a few missing/ purple textures

Are you using Skyrim Project Optimization?  It adds occlusion planes based on the vanilla architecture.  It stops the game from rendering what it thinks you can't see based on the vanilla.

In theory it helps conserve memory, but if you use any mods that modify player houses, or other structures (in my game I had conflicts between SPO and a mod that altered the inside of the Jarl's palaces) it will just cause problems.  I ended up removing SPO from my game.

1 hour ago, bannedspider51 said:

another issue, i cant select any of the furniture items to place at all in the dungeon, plus a few missing/ purple textures

Did you install the correct Zaz pack (8.0 or 8.0+)?  The one in the link maintained by Tara and NOT the one by Chris (7.0).

18 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Are you using Skyrim Project Optimization? 

Had not heard of that one, would definitely do it. 

Q:  When you are in the dungeon and you walk through into what looks like empty space, does everything suddenly appear like you "walked through a magic wall"?

40 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Did you install the correct Zaz pack (8.0 or 8.0+)?  The one in the link maintained by Tara and NOT the one by Chris (7.0).

Had not heard of that one, would definitely do it. 

Q:  When you are in the dungeon and you walk through into what looks like empty space, does everything suddenly appear like you "walked through a magic wall"?

8.0 plus

3 hours ago, travelmedic said:

Are you using Skyrim Project Optimization?  It adds occlusion planes based on the vanilla architecture.  It stops the game from rendering what it thinks you can't see based on the vanilla.

It's a well known effect of this ?mod with certain interior cells that get extended by other mods ?

Sometimes, you get funny results

Those last four pictures is what I got from upgrading to the latest pahe lives on 7.5.1 with the pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp file. It doesn't take into account this mod (Hearthfire Dungeon Addon). The entrance to this mod was completely missing. I downgraded the pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp to an earlier version before the massive expansion and everything worked fine again. The latest rendition of the lakeview manor cell adds huge empty spaces but isn't worth giving up this mod for so I'm using the pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp from pahe lives on 7.4.7.

19 minutes ago, Ripstop said:

Those last four pictures is what I got from upgrading to the latest pahe lives on 7.5.1 with the pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp file. It doesn't take into account this mod (Hearthfire Dungeon Addon). The entrance to this mod was completely missing. I downgraded the pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp to an earlier version before the massive expansion and everything worked fine again. The latest rendition of the lakeview manor cell adds huge empty spaces but isn't worth giving up this mod for so I'm using the pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp from pahe lives on 7.4.7.

By far and away the simplest solution to this is to unclick the pahe lakeview manor esp. With the hearthfire addon it is completely redundant and, as you've already said, it can cause problems. Again, all you have to do is tick the esp for the lakeview manor esp off (you can leave the rest of the esp's and the esm alone if you so desire).

Confirmed it is the current version of the PAHE Lakeview cell causing the problem.  I'm still investigating what it is they've done, but they did something that makes it incompatible with my mod (and any other mod that added anything to that one basement.

Will post more when I know more.

Here's the scoop.  There are two ways to limit what can be rendered / seen in Creation Kit.  One is to use an Occlusion Plane, anything on the opposite side of that you can't see in game because it doesn't get rendered.  I used a lot of those around the area I added to help keep FPS up and cut down on the render load, especially if you have a lot of NPCs down there.

The other way is to use Room Bounds,  Room bounds wrap an area and you can only see stuff inside that area unless you create a special portal that allows you to see through just that part.  They're aren't used as much by most modders because they're more restrictive and it turns out they can have odd issues with lights sometimes.  They also aren't generally liked by modders because if you wrap a vanilla space in a room bound, no other mod can add on to that, which is what happened here.

Clifton and Co, decided to use Room Bounds and that's the problem.  Nothing I can do to fix it, they'll have to remove the room bound and replace with a couple of occlusion planes.  Or you'll have to pick between their mod and mine because as long as those room bounds are in place their mod won't be compatible with mine or any other mod for that basement that add more space.  Its up to them to fix it. 

Edited by EinarrTheRed

An older version before the expansion works just fine. I still find the area it adds beneficial as a holding area for npcs until they come into play.

I've known of the incompatibility now for awhile. Should I have spoken up before since it seems that no one was aware of it?

7 hours ago, Ripstop said:

Should I have spoken up before since it seems that no one was aware of it?

Wouldn't have hurt, but we got it sorted in the end

I don't use the mod and I've not been part of the PAHE team for a long time.  There's a lot they do I'm unaware of.

The BDSM display things aren't appearing. The X racks and the BDSM bed don't appear. When I click on them to appear they just don't. The little miniatures also don't appear (the ones that show what will appear). The room and everything else does but the individual things that you can swap don't (including the chandeliers, so there's like no light to take screenshots). Also only a few of the animations seem to work. And yes, I do have all of the requirements. Any help would be great.

No, and that's why the SE version was removed.  I think Pfiffy may have figured it out and apparently resolving it was a pain in the arse.  I've not yet switched over to SE because I'm neck deep in a major project (my Whiterun mod) and I don't want to switch until I get at least the major part of that done (which is getting there, I can finally see light at the end of that tunnel).  One of these days I do plan to overhaul it and by that point also do an SE conversion myself (which means rebuilding it using SE assets cause the conversion process has proven unreliable).  I've no idea when I will be able to get to that, won't be til after I finish Whiterun and probably an overhaul of Prettier Bandits (which is also going to get completely rebuilt)

• 1 month later...

This Mod is not new but it is new to me and it is great!!

I always wanted a BDSM dungeon for the game that wasn't so fucking very freaky or so fucking buggy shit like most mods of sex dungeons are ... you know ... '' evil lair '' ... '' vampire slave Den '' ... but a dungeon that could be perfect lore friendly with the atmosphere of the game. And this mod is it! 

Due to mods like this on Oldrim I'm glad I never switched to SE  

Thanks for this!!  

Edited by Sneaksmile
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, Sneaksmile said:

This Mod is not new but it is new to me and it is great!!

I always wanted a BDSM dungeon for the game that wasn't so fucking very freaky or so fucking buggy shit like most mods of sex dungeons are ... you know ... '' evil lair '' ... '' vampire slave Den '' ... but a dungeon that could be perfect lore friendly with the atmosphere of the game. And this mod is it! 

Due to mods like this on Oldrim I'm glad I never switched to SE  

Thanks for this!!  

Most of those mods do too much. It may run well on their computer but not on yours which has a different mod load. I find it is mainly script overload that drops your fps down to 1 frame every 4 seconds and CTDs. Other mods do not use occlusion planes or bounding boxes to separate areas of intense object placement. Effects like mist and particles when overdone bogs down your frame rate. Those are usually the main reasons why they CTD or bog down to 0 frames per second.

When you do have a mod you like but it seems a little buggy, try going into the area, get into the console command screen and click on things like mist and type in

disable

This will make the object invisible. You can see if you picked the wrong object. If it is the wrong object, type in

enable

This will restore the object. If you did pick the right object, type in

markfordelete

disable

This will remove the object from the esp. Doing this to enough objects will improve your fps and may lessen CTDs.

If you mess up anywhere, you can just copy the original esp back into your data folder. Everything is restored. Do not try to remove anything you suspect may have a script attached to it because that, through dependency, may cause the mod to CTD. If you are brave, you can go into the Creation Kit and delete things through there. It only affects the esp. If you screw up, restore the original esp and you are right back to square one. This may allow you to lessen the issues in a mod that you like.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:15 AM, Ripstop said:

Most of those mods do too much. It may run well on their computer but not on yours which has a different mod load. I find it is mainly script overload that drops your fps down to 1 frame every 4 seconds and CTDs. Other mods do not use occlusion planes or bounding boxes to separate areas of intense object placement. Effects like mist and particles when overdone bogs down your frame rate. Those are usually the main reasons why they CTD or bog down to 0 frames per second.

When you do have a mod you like but it seems a little buggy, try going into the area, get into the console command screen and click on things like mist and type in

disable

This will make the object invisible. You can see if you picked the wrong object. If it is the wrong object, type in

enable

This will restore the object. If you did pick the right object, type in

markfordelete

disable

This will remove the object from the esp. Doing this to enough objects will improve your fps and may lessen CTDs.

If you mess up anywhere, you can just copy the original esp back into your data folder. Everything is restored. Do not try to remove anything you suspect may have a script attached to it because that, through dependency, may cause the mod to CTD. If you are brave, you can go into the Creation Kit and delete things through there. It only affects the esp. If you screw up, restore the original esp and you are right back to square one. This may allow you to lessen the issues in a mod that you like.

... WTF?? ... What does that all have to do with my praise for the Mod? My compliments are sincere, they are not sarcasm. I have never had the problems you mention using this Mod ... duh