16 hours ago, worik said:

Those 2 v1.3 archives have a noteworthy size difference in the download section?

Is that purely the impact of bsa vs. loose scripts? or is something else different between both files ? ?

Purely the difference between 7 zip having way better compression with the loose file and Bethesda's bsa having really lousy compression in comparison.  The actual contents of both are identical.

In short, here's how both get made...

• While making the mod (and I do this with all my mods) I make a separate folder on my HD where I put all the custom nifs, textures, scripts, etc.  It has an identical data folder file structure as my Skyrim install folder.
  • To make the bsa I run Archive.exe and pack in all those files into a bsa and then pack that up in a zip file.
  • To make the loose version I just zip up the exact same folder.

So both versions are built from the same folder and contain all the same files, just packed up in different ways.  The BSA version is easier to install and uninstall cause you just have the esp and the bsa to add or remove, the loose version zips up small but you have a lot more files to keep track of and once you unzip it is a bit larger.  The loose version is more for people interested in tinkering with or seeing how I did things since it includes the source for the scripts and things in an easily accessible form.

11 hours ago, cbvbadlarry said:

its an evil/vampire styled house mod. creepy atmosphere with lots of custom made things. not very big, so not much room for slaves and thralls but i love it.

Ah, then no it wouldn't be possible to add a link.  Only way I could do that would be to make that mod a dependency of my mod which I won't do.  You could learn a lil bit about CK and making door links and add it yourself though, its not hard to do.  If you want to try that I could point you at some tutorials and if you have questions about changing things in my mod I'll answer questions about that.

4 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

The BSA version is easier to install and uninstall cause you just have the esp and the bsa to add or remove, the loose version zips up small but you have a lot more files to keep track of and once you unzip it is a bit larger. 

Aaaaah ? Thank you.

Since I use MO I don't mind loose files any more. :classic_smile: In fact, I even prefer them ?

Tried it ... with ZAP 7 ... annd even here it looks nice :classic_cool:

And ouuuu, I like those toggles and switches and levers ... :classic_wub:

Teasers:

Spoiler

T_2439_HDA.jpg.636b6a7584faf8ddecb45f6d204ee7d4.jpgT_2440_HDA.jpg.5af38c9432d9dff42aee1d67ac4546f5.jpgT_2441_HDA.jpg.7d5393bce1c63172f4b3034510ff9241.jpg

But one funny bug(?):

Spoiler

T_2442_HDA.jpg.33d9f8123d4104a6cc224e555489daac.jpg

Endless distance in the picture here ...? But if I get closer, the rock slides in from the right to the left and when I'm in the bath itself it shows a perfect rock wall at the end.

Someone else was recently experiencing this, apparently it has something to do with your game settings and draw distance.  I don't claim to fully understand it and didn't think it would be an issue with the distances being no more than they are.  Its something I'll keep in mind for future projects though, not much I can do about it in this one.

I did go a little nuts putting in all those toggles.  Don't forget there's a few in the main hall upstairs as well.

14 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Don't forget there's a few in the main hall upstairs as well.

:classic_ohmy:

*turns-around-immediately-to-have-a-look*

Edit:

apparently it has something to do with your game settings and draw distance

I don't mind it. But if I find out, I'll post the culprit.

I would assume it has to do with draw distance but from previous posts it might also be related to certain ENB settings.  I don't use any ENB, never have, so I'm unfamiliar with them.

In the main hall upstairs there's a shelf with more toggles above where the main room crafting bench would be.  Gives you some additional furniture options.

• 1 month later...

Einarr this is so damn cool!  Thanks for this contribution.   Where do you place your HSH initial cell (for lakeview)?   I'm thinking the alcove just left of the stairs leading down to the kennel area.  It kinda fits there perfectly if you use jaxons to remove the sleeping bag.

• 1 month later...

Having a bit of trouble.  2 problems total.

1.  More than half of the furniture isn't appearing for me, despite me having all of the required mods.  Are some of them only availible from the recommended mods?  For example, I have the luxury cross but no other crosses.  The dungeon feels very empty with roughly only one option working for each section, and half the sections with no options.  The torture rack only appears in its most generic version, but the other variations don't appear when I activate it.

2.  Wyre says the master files are not properly sorted.  but when I try to sort them in TES5edit I get an error and can't save the changes.

I don't have any conflicting mods in my load order (according to TES5edit) and I have all the mods you say are "required".  I have run FNIS as I should to make sure animations work, etc.  I have none of the "recommended" mods and am hoping to keep them minimal.  But most of the furniture just doesn't appear when I try to activate it.  Did I miss something somehow?

Going to try to reinstall the mod, but I'm not sure it will help.

5 minutes ago, GinKitsune said:

Having a bit of trouble.  2 problems total.

1.  More than half of the furniture isn't appearing for me, despite me having all of the required mods.  Are some of them only availible from the recommended mods?  For example, I have the luxury cross but no other crosses.  The dungeon feels very empty with roughly only one option working for each section, and half the sections with no options.  The torture rack only appears in its most generic version, but the other variations don't appear when I activate it.

2.  Wyre says the master files are not properly sorted.  but when I try to sort them in TES5edit I get an error and can't save the changes.

I don't have any conflicting mods in my load order (according to TES5edit) and I have all the mods you say are "required".  I have run FNIS as I should to make sure animations work, etc.  I have none of the "recommended" mods and am hoping to keep them minimal.  But most of the furniture just doesn't appear when I try to activate it.  Did I miss something somehow?

Going to try to reinstall the mod, but I'm not sure it will help.

I am also having the exact same issue. 

Just now, constantine909 said:

I have a guess.  I might not have the latest version of Zaz.  Apparently when I googled Zaz it gave me the version 7.0 page, which does nothing to indicate or inform users that version 8.0 exists.  Going to try updating Zaz and see if that works.  See which version you have as well.  We may be suffering from the same cause.  I'll let you know if it works.

3 hours ago, constantine909 said:

Ok.  Installing a new version of Zaz did the trick, though i noticed I can't use some of the objects with my own character (or at least I can't do so in third person).  Also a coffin is blocking the entrance for one of the houses, and I can't access the new coffin in another.  But it is otherwise fully functional.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:33 AM, Lodakai said:

Einarr this is so damn cool!  Thanks for this contribution.   Where do you place your HSH initial cell (for lakeview)?   I'm thinking the alcove just left of the stairs leading down to the kennel area.  It kinda fits there perfectly if you use jaxons to remove the sleeping bag.

Thank you, glad so many are enjoying it.  I usually put my HSH cells in the prison area, just plop it down in the middle and then remove the "cage" so its not in the way.

On 12/23/2018 at 3:31 AM, Mr. Guyinco-Gnito said:

not sure how i missed that gem, but thanks to a certain youtuber which i wont name unless i want to start a comment war, this mod will get the attention it needs.

If someone wants to review it, I'd love to have the link so I can watch.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:03 PM, GinKitsune said:

Ok.  Installing a new version of Zaz did the trick, though i noticed I can't use some of the objects with my own character (or at least I can't do so in third person).  Also a coffin is blocking the entrance for one of the houses, and I can't access the new coffin in another.  But it is otherwise fully functional.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I thought I had linked to the correct version of Zaz but perhaps that's changed.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:32 AM, jfaussett said:

will this be ported to SSE?

I had planned to once I was sure I had a fairly final verison, but then life took a left turn so to speak and for the time being I don't have time to work on this.  If someone else wants to port it, drop me a note and keep me posted.

That said, for the time being I'm not going to be around much so I won't be able to work on this or any of my other mods for awhile.  Life hit me with a helluva curve ball and for now at least I have to focus on other things.  I don't even have time to play Skyrim these days, which is a bummer but that's how life goes sometimes.  I do want to come back to my projects and work on them more when circumstances allow, so I'm no abandoning anything and I'll try to drop in and answer comments when I can.  I just have no idea how often that will be, probably not very often.

There's a lot of stuff I still want to do in Skyrim, I'd been working on a huge Whiterun overhaul which a few friends and beta-testers had seen but is far from finished.  Plus stuff I was working on for SBC / Bandit Camps, this, and some other stuff.  Appreciate all the comments, I'll be checking in when I can.

Best wishes to all.

@EinarrTheRedI have a few suggestions:

The entire area should be wider with more open space. NPC path finding in Skyrim is tricky and with narrow passageways NPCs will often get stuck, forcing them to teleport around. The two hallways leading out of the main hall are always causing a traffic jam. The main hall gets crowded too once all the furniture has been activated, so making the whole area bigger will let NPCs navigate the area much easier.

Can we get more toggleable lighting options? Doesn't have to break immersion, just some more brightness/color options.

What do you think?

ok i need some help, i don't know where i went wrong but out of all the swap-able furniture that was supposed to be in this the only ones that work are

1. The Rack 1/2 up
  2. Spit-roast
  3. Luxury cross
  4. Haypile a in the lower grotto
  5. and The orc bed

i have all the required mods installed and have run fnis but these are the only ones that work, i have this issue with the ZAP Helper addon mod , itds as if the furniture files are not there, can someone recommend a course of action. i have spent the last 12 hours trying to get this to work and im out of ideas

2 hours ago, QuietCastle said:

ok i need some help, i don't know where i went wrong but out of all the swap-able furniture that was supposed to be in this the only ones that work are

1. The Rack 1/2 up
  2. Spit-roast
  3. Luxury cross
  4. Haypile a in the lower grotto
  5. and The orc bed

i have all the required mods installed and have run fnis but these are the only ones that work, i have this issue with the ZAP Helper addon mod , itds as if the furniture files are not there, can someone recommend a course of action. i have spent the last 12 hours trying to get this to work and im out of ideas

check if you use ZAZ8 or ZAZ8+

if you use lower versions you will miss a lot of furnitures

3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

check if you use ZAZ8 or ZAZ8+

if you use lower versions you will miss a lot of furnitures

can you post a lint for zaz8+ ? im not finding it in Zaz's profile, the closest i can find iz zaz8 by t.ara but im not finding zaz8+

never mind i found it i must have scrolled over it earlier, ill try it

so it turns out i do have it but didn't realize it until i downloaded a copy and it renamed it, i will post a screenshot of my downloaded zaz mods

Ok i realized what i did wrong and am currently fixing it, i need to remember to read the Install Instructions in the future.

resources.PNG

1 hour ago, QuietCastle said:

can you post a lint for zaz8+ ? im not finding it in Zaz's profile, the closest i can find iz zaz8 by t.ara but im not finding zaz8+

never mind i found it i must have scrolled over it earlier, ill try it

so it turns out i do have it but didn't realize it until i downloaded a copy and it renamed it, i will post a screenshot of my downloaded zaz mods

Ok i realized what i did wrong and am currently fixing it, i need to remember to read the Install Instructions in the future.

resources.PNG

did you... did you  just install and activate ALL ZAZ VERSIONS in one load order ?

and even the zaz mega links that are only a txt file ?

okey okey breath ^^

it might be just a missunderstanding

deinstall/delete all zaz packs from vortex

than download (or just open the one you downloaded already)

ZAP8plusUUNPHDT.7z

this is only a txt file as zip

means you need to extract it and open the txt file in it => follow the link and use the passwort to download the real zaz 8+ files

after download you can add it to vortex and activate

Good mod. If you are planning to do anymore tweaks to it, may I suggest a little more lighting?  Even with all the torches deployed/braziers lit etc., it's still rather dark in there for people with certain ENB settings and/or realistic lighting mods such as RLO.  While it's all good for atmospheric dungeons, there's only one reason for using this one and we all want to see what's going on, heh.  Some spots might be to add 2 deploy-able chandeliers in the main hall (over the bed and over the pole/rope dance section) in addition to just the two at the far end, an extra torch sconce in the kennels (middle-pillar, right wall is free), and a couple of sconces for the far end of the lower pool.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Thanks for making the mod.