This mod is exactly what I was looking for.  Only issue I've had is if you use the alternate start that lets you start with a hearthfire home, the home will come pre-built with shelves and such that will block the entryways to the dungeon portions of the cellar, but if you start somewhere else and then build the house yourself it's fine.  Just a small patch to the alternate starts to make sure those parts aren't pre-built wouldn't go amiss.  

8 hours ago, thehoodedteddy13 said:

This mod is exactly what I was looking for.  Only issue I've had is if you use the alternate start that lets you start with a hearthfire home, the home will come pre-built with shelves and such that will block the entryways to the dungeon portions of the cellar, but if you start somewhere else and then build the house yourself it's fine.  Just a small patch to the alternate starts to make sure those parts aren't pre-built wouldn't go amiss.  

Hmm for me it was never an issue to start with Heartfire homes in alternate Start ( I always use Lakeview) Entry was never blocked... Possible a other Mod that change somethings in the Heartfires House ?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so misalignment of actors on the equipment pieces is a known issue with ZaZ. Guess it can't be helped then. I also have a different problem: whenever I leave the cell while leaving some npcs in the devices and later I come back, they are no longer in the positions related to the furniture they're on but instead just stand next to them. 

I am using only few of the recommended mods and nothing else: PaHe, HSH, bandit captives and of course ZaZ 8.0. When checking in PaHe MCM menu, all the actors are marked as restrained so theoretically it should work as intended. Oh, and I haven't used the Home token in the cellar or the add-on itself - the NPCs are governed by the original Paradise Halls apparently.

Anyone knows any possible fixes?

Thanks in advance!

The fix would be to drop in the cell token and use HSH to order them to stay on the furniture, Paradise Halls by itself cannot do this.  While PAHE can allow you to tell a NPC to get on the furniture as soon as you leave the cell all the NPCs reset, as you've seen.  To get them to stay in place you need something that has the necessary scripting to put the NPC into an alias that keeps them in a "sit" behavior indefinitely, PAHE cannot do this presently, HSH can (as can a few other mods like Display Model).  So that's the problem in a nutshell and hopefully helps you understand a bit about how things work and why they may or may not be working.

My mod was originally developed specifically use with HSH.  It started out as a personal mod because I wanted a place to "store" HSH slaves.  The first room you enter (the one that now has the book cases and scroll display) was originally all there was to the mod and that was basically just a prison cell.  Later I expanded it to the 2nd larger room that is now the "main" room.  Eventually I added the grotto and other areas.  All of it was developed with HSH in mind though and to get the full use of the space you need HSH or something like it.

5 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

The fix would be to drop in the cell token and use HSH to order them to stay on the furniture, Paradise Halls by itself cannot do this.  While PAHE can allow you to tell a NPC to get on the furniture as soon as you leave the cell all the NPCs reset, as you've seen.  To get them to stay in place you need something that has the necessary scripting to put the NPC into an alias that keeps them in a "sit" behavior indefinitely, PAHE cannot do this presently, HSH can (as can a few other mods like Display Model).  So that's the problem in a nutshell and hopefully helps you understand a bit about how things work and why they may or may not be working.

My mod was originally developed specifically use with HSH.  It started out as a personal mod because I wanted a place to "store" HSH slaves.  The first room you enter (the one that now has the book cases and scroll display) was originally all there was to the mod and that was basically just a prison cell.  Later I expanded it to the 2nd larger room that is now the "main" room.  Eventually I added the grotto and other areas.  All of it was developed with HSH in mind though and to get the full use of the space you need HSH or something like it.

Thanks for the explanation! I will set it up with a HSH token then and see how it goes :)

On a side note, I should probably avoid setting up wall markers at the walls where the furniture is spawned to avoid conflicts, right? I'm guessing it should be fine to do so if I leave it blank and don't take anything from the corresponding options, but better to make sure.

Depends on whether you intend to use the furniture in that location or not.  That's entirely up to you.  One of the concepts I had in mind when I came up with that was to let the individual choose.  Maybe you want to use HSH to put something there, or maybe you want to use another mod, your choice... customize it however you want.

So, I wasn't sure where to ask this, but since your mod has those two awesome water/bath areas, I figured you might be able to answer?  For some reason, when I enter such areas that are designed to automatically make you nude, it only seems to work for my followers, but not myself.  This happens in any mod that is designed to do that.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I love the mod, btw!  I'm really excited about it!  I'm not sure how to bring thralls to it, but maybe I should check a different comment section?

Thanks for your help in advance.  You do incredible work.  :)

On 2/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, GranEnigma said:

So, I wasn't sure where to ask this, but since your mod has those two awesome water/bath areas, I figured you might be able to answer?  For some reason, when I enter such areas that are designed to automatically make you nude, it only seems to work for my followers, but not myself.  This happens in any mod that is designed to do that.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I love the mod, btw!  I'm really excited about it!  I'm not sure how to bring thralls to it, but maybe I should check a different comment section?

Thanks for your help in advance.  You do incredible work.  :)

Mine was not designed to deliberately exclude the player, so no, you aren't doing anything wrong.  Most I've seen don't affect the player as the assumption (I would assume LOL) is that the player will undress or change outfits when and how it suits them.  The auto-strip functions were mainly created for NPCs because getting them naked was always the problem (Skyrim wasn't really designed to have NPC outfits removed and it takes a little "trickery" to make it work).

On mine, the only other bit is to keep in mind that the the NPC undress function can be turned "on" or "off" by "activating" the little clothes basket.  I did that because not everyone wants NPCs undressing and I was trying to make the whole dungeon as customizable as I knew how at the time.

Glad you like the mod, it was a fun project to create.  I think I've pretty much finished with it, though I have come across one issue with it that I've never been able to resolve that I'd like to figure out and correct.

8 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Mine was not designed to deliberately exclude the player, so no, you aren't doing anything wrong.  Most I've seen don't affect the player as the assumption (I would assume LOL) is that the player will undress or change outfits when and how it suits them.  The auto-strip functions were mainly created for NPCs because getting them naked was always the problem (Skyrim wasn't really designed to have NPC outfits removed and it takes a little "trickery" to make it work).

On mine, the only other bit is to keep in mind that the the NPC undress function can be turned "on" or "off" by "activating" the little clothes basket.  I did that because not everyone wants NPCs undressing and I was trying to make the whole dungeon as customizable as I knew how at the time.

Glad you like the mod, it was a fun project to create.  I think I've pretty much finished with it, though I have come across one issue with it that I've never been able to resolve that I'd like to figure out and correct.

Thanks for your help.  I've always thought it's awesome that NPCs strip when entering water areas, but wish there was an option for PCs as well in such situations, but alas...  I think there was one mod that I've used that does it, but I can't remember.  /shrug

I guess if anyone else on this thread has ideas, that would be cool, too. 

But yeah, I'm not savvy with Creation Kit or similar things, so I'm blown away by what experienced modders like you are able to do.

Thanks again for your response.  :)

On 2/14/2020 at 2:38 AM, EinarrTheRed said:

are you planning to convert this to SSE?

There have been attempts and so far they haven't gone so well.  I don't use SE so for now I cannot do it myself nor test it.  I do eventually want to convert all my mods to SE but can't give an ETA on when that will be.

In the meantime, if someone wants to take a try at it and I can get confirmation from at least 3 other people that its working then I'll repost it.  That's really about my only condition at this point, I want confirmation any conversion is working so we don't go through the confusion again.

Okay gang, Fred just posted this SE update to me so I'm reposting here for you guys to try out.  Let me know if it solves the visible idle markers issue and if there are any other issues.  If things generally work I'll re-open the SE mod page, but it needs a thorough testing because if there are any issues I can't fix them myself and that makes trying to provide support impossible for me.

If it works okay, don't forget to thank Fred200, he has stuck with working on this.

EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon SE v1.4 (Loose).7z

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 5:50 PM, EinarrTheRed said:

Okay gang, Fred just posted this SE update to me so I'm reposting here for you guys to try out.  Let me know if it solves the visible idle markers issue and if there are any other issues.  If things generally work I'll re-open the SE mod page, but it needs a thorough testing because if there are any issues I can't fix them myself and that makes trying to provide support impossible for me.

If it works okay, don't forget to thank Fred200, he has stuck with working on this.

EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon SE v1.4 (Loose).7z 1.34 MB · 18 downloads

I'm giving it a shot. I'll let you know when I get a damn house how it works out.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say, just found this mod and it was exactly what I was after!

Only one question- is  it possible, or would it be  possible, I guess, to have all the stations in the hall use the same piece of furniture? For example, if I wanted to use trophy wife on all the stations and create a second trophy room? Or is that not really something that can be done? 

Sorry if it was asked elsewhere in the thread, it's a bit early and I haven't had coffee yet, haha!

It could be, I didn't do it that way because of an effort to offer more variety.  The main problem is that I'd have to add another "icon" activator and having room for those.  If I did a bunch of the "trophy wife" options I'd inevitably get requests for more of the other options and pretty soon the walls would be covered in activator icons.  Even with all the options I included, its only a fraction of what's available in @t.ara ZAZ furniture pack.

Nothing stopping you from making some edits in CK and changing your own copy to have whatever additional option you want though.  The script is pretty simple to use and I'd be happy to offer advice on that.  But as far as changing the mod further, probably not going to happen.

Glad you enjoy it, it was a fun project.

• 1 month later...

I just want to mention that, for a real change, I played a vampire lord in my last playthrough. While I could build the cubby for the coffin no coffin was to be found. Not a major issue - I just thought you might like to know.

5 hours ago, Psalam said:

I just want to mention that, for a real change, I played a vampire lord in my last playthrough. While I could build the cubby for the coffin no coffin was to be found. Not a major issue - I just thought you might like to know.

I had noticed the same thing when I played a vampire.  Wasn't a big deal to me either, I actually prefer playing a werewolf, and anyway, that's not the reason we use this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for letting me know.  That was one part of the mod that was not thoroughly play tested.  Turns out neither I nor my beta testers at the time liked playing vampires.

I'll have to look at what went wrong.  Did the entrance to the cubby hole where the new coffin show up?  It should be along the wall with a banner hanging over the hole in the wall.