Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

I really try to like this game. It's hard though.

Somehow the game keeps sending me into encounters with bullet sponges twice my level. The controls are extremely clunky. The realtime VATS is lagging, sometimes showing me the 0% hit chance for over a second while the molerat is already chewing on my gonads.
The inventory system got even worse by adding all those useless items and now expecting us to navigate those endless lists of junk in realtime (while molerats chew on our gonads.)

14 hours ago, Omni said:

I find the absurdly negative response to Fallout 76 kind of frustrating, because it makes it difficult to discuss the actual significant problems Fallout 76 has

The significant problem FO76 has is that it exists. And this is the simple truth about all the reactions to that game.

FO76 is a game that goes contrary to everything the LL community stands for. It is no wonder it is mostly new accounts that try to shill the game here.

If anything LL, Nexus and other creative communities around the good old BGS games are logically in the front of the backlash against everything that FO76 is.

I do however hope that the people who have payed money for it do somewhat enjoy it - after all it is because of people that pay for ridiculous MTs  and cashgrabs that all of us are denied quality gaming experiences nowadays.

TL;DR Paying for FO76 you are paying for the end of the culture that makes LL possible and for the end of LL itself. Don't expect us to applaud you for this....

It's not really to do with 'the engine'. Any engine can have it's core elements and functions replaced by proper development cycles, it's a matter of proper code analysis and planning to do so. The issue is that they don't prioritize in revitalizing the engine and replacing it's underlying render mechanisms, optimizing for new drivers and available hardware. It's development and programming that it needs.

By standards, that would make the ID Tech Engine just the 'doom' engine, and the Unreal engine would be from '99...

They can add new entities and objects (e.g simplified objects). And they can optimize memory management by instancing entities into lighter ones upon level load (which is already likely happening).

The entire point is that they don't prioritize it in their development cycle, or lack the programming skills to do so.

People are angry, because promises were made once again that weren't kept (at all).

7 hours ago, prinyo said:

The significant problem FO76 has is that it exists. And this is the simple truth about all the reactions to that game.

FO76 is a game that goes contrary to everything the LL community stands for. It is no wonder it is mostly new accounts that try to shill the game here.

If anything LL, Nexus and other creative communities around the good old BGS games are logically in the front of the backlash against everything that FO76 is.

I do however hope that the people who have payed money for it do somewhat enjoy it - after all it is because of people that pay for ridiculous MTs  and cashgrabs that all of us are denied quality gaming experiences nowadays.

TL;DR Paying for FO76 you are paying for the end of the culture that makes LL possible and for the end of LL itself. Don't expect us to applaud you for this....

People praising 'bad games' and attacking those who criticize 'the bad games' don't see that they're one of the major causes of 'bad games'.  Why WOULD Bethesda make a AAA quality game when they don't have to?  Their fans will buy them anyway and go after anyone who doesn't chant the best-game-ever mantra.  It happened with FO4 and it's happening now.  Why people defend something that's blatantly (and intentionally released) broken and outdated is beyond me, other than they think criticism of a product they like is a personal attack on them.  But that's a perception problem on their part, since it makes them zealots.

Saw that vid , this not good, if they get a lawsuit then that could have severe consequences.

From what i can see this lawfirm actually make a good case. Since we are talking about a defective product and false advertisement. Even their army of lawyers wont save them this time.

Bethesda under fire for Fallout 76 refund policy

https://gamedaily.biz/article/409/bethesda-under-fire-for-fallout-76-refund-policy

Bethesda To Face A Class Action Lawsuit For Not Fulfilling Fallout 76 Refunds

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/bethesda-to-face-a-class-action-lawsuit-for-not-fulfilling-fallout-76-refunds/

Bethesda backtracks Fallout 76 refund policy, gets investigated

https://www.altchar.com/games-news/582522/fallout-76-refund-policy-backtrack-prompts-investigation

EA understood relatively quick that the only way to stop the PR shitstorms that MEA was producing was to abandon the game. (However I'm curious to see what they will do when Anthem gets the same treatment in a few months.) Bethesda however is stubborn and I still don't believe they have fully realized that they have consumed all the good will they have built before. I'm afraid the more time passes Beth keeps self inflicting more and more damage.

Bad management decisions can lead to financial losses. V76 was a bad management decision. Just strike it out and go on instead of continuing with the dangerous free fall.

5 hours ago, prinyo said:

EA understood relatively quick that the only way to stop the PR shitstorms that MEA was producing was to abandon the game. (However I'm curious to see what they will do when Anthem gets the same treatment in a few months.) Bethesda however is stubborn and I still don't believe they have fully realized that they have consumed all the good will they have built before. I'm afraid the more time passes Beth keeps self inflicting more and more damage.

Bad management decisions can lead to financial losses. V76 was a bad management decision. Just strike it out and go on instead of continuing with the dangerous free fall.

any person with even the most rudimentary business acumen will tell you that these recent actions are insanely self destructive. the only company I can use as an analogy is Apple or Microsoft. they sometimes display such cavalier attitude and swagger but bethesda is in no position to act so brazenly arrogant.

my opinion is that toad howard doesn't really like beth fans. personally I think he exudes contempt for us in every interview. it oozes out of his pores. so maybe this is why we see such a "we're not gonna do anything about it" attitude. it's the culture that trickles down from the top over there.

Archived