Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

21 minutes ago, cleavagesweat said:

my opinion is that toad howard doesn't really like beth fans. personally I think he exudes contempt for us in every interview. it oozes out of his pores. so maybe this is why we see such a "we're not gonna do anything about it" attitude. it's the culture that trickles down from the top over there.

Todd Howard is a shady bitch.  He's been bold-faced lying about the games since Oblivion.  You don't lie to customers you respect.  You don't make fun of them either.  When Skyrim came out and the CK for it was delayed Howard came out and said publicly "Well, I guess the fans will have to wait a little longer for their nude mods."  He also said that developers should make the games they want and ignore what the fans say.  And with FO76 he pulled that snarky shit with 'I read on the internet our games are buggy so it must be true.'  AND in FO76 there's a terminal entry that makes fun of fans complaining about how the Fallout lore is being retconned and broken.

I'm glad FO76 tanked and I'm glad Bethesda is being EA-level pathetic in dealing with it.  For the next E3 Todd Howard needs his bare ass spanked in front of the entire audience.

I think it's salvageable... by modders if we ever get an offline mode (somehow... ). There's a really good base to work with in the world map and interior areas. Exploration is fantastic but the rest is absolute garbage. 

I'd say the devs could save it but they'll have to actually work hard to add interesting content and this is Bethesda so we can be sure how that'll go. Overall I'm enjoying the game and I think a lot of the hate and complaints are getting overblown but it does have problems.

5 hours ago, Contessa said:

I think it's salvageable... by modders if we ever get an offline mode (somehow... ). There's a really good base to work with in the world map and interior areas. Exploration is fantastic but the rest is absolute garbage. 

I'd say the devs could save it but they'll have to actually work hard to add interesting content and this is Bethesda so we can be sure how that'll go. Overall I'm enjoying the game and I think a lot of the hate and complaints are getting overblown but it does have problems.

I really hope not, comunity should really make a stand this time and not save Bethesda ass. Then next time Bethesda will not fuck this up.

5 hours ago, Contessa said:

i'd want just the map and strip out almost everything else. switch it to single player/offline and put back NPCs and a new main story and you could keep the current overseer main quest as a side quest. this should free up computing to increase LOD and texture issues. 

this is just what i'd want in a revamp. it will NEVER happen though because adding in NPCs and new main story is basically 75% of the work of making a new game.

7 hours ago, Kamen Rider Kuuga said:

I mean, there's nothing inherently wrong with a developer making games that they personally want to make and ignoring what people have to say in regards to it.

Ignoring the will of the fans for an existing franchise is bad business.  That's just common sense; something that some TV show runners, movie producers, comic book writers and game developers obviously don't have.  Look at the state of Star Wars and Dr. Who.  The fans are PISSED because the people in charge took existing IPs and 'made what they wanted to make'.  Making the movie/comic/game you want is fine...with a new IP that no one is invested in.  Starfield = yes.  FO/ES = no.  And at the time Todd Howard said that he was talking about the IPs they already had, not a new one.

8 hours ago, Kamen Rider Kuuga said:

I mean, there's nothing inherently wrong with a developer making games that they personally want to make and ignoring what people have to say in regards to it.

How does this even make sense? In a company with hundreds of people who exactly is "personally wanting" to make a specific game? And how come suddenly everybody in a SP studio decided they personally wanted to do an MP game? And how do people imagine multimilion businesses where apparently everybody does what they feel like and not what the suited bosses tell them . Of all the bad excuses Beth's PR fabricated about V76 this is the most stupid, and frankly offensive, one.

2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Look at the state of Star Wars and Dr. Who.

Star Wars is between IP owners however. For me that justifies more changes been done in search of a new identity. Dr. Who is in a somewhat similar position with V76 where the producers forced some updates that it was obvious fans will not like(less sci-fi and more in-your-face-politics). However the changes in Dr. Who are not that big and the show still holds it's ground.

V76 is more in line with MEA and how the cult series was brutally "refreshed" abandoning it's core audience in search of a new one - better monetizable one. MEA and V76 share the same core problem and logically face the same faith.

The big problem here is not that they have made a bad spin-off Fallout game. The problem is that in the context of FO4 and CC this game shows a clear direction BGS is taking and if we don't react now Skyrim will end up the last good BGS game. For 7 years  the present-day BGS has released a single piece of content with heart and soul - Far Harbor. It shows that BGS has the potential to make good games, it iis up to the fans to show the greedy suits that we indeed want good games.

Two very important and interesting videos to watch. The first one not only because of who is it by (MrMattyPlays) but also because it is a good review.:

The second one is a bit long but it discusses all important issues V76 presents before the Bethesda fans. It is worth to watch all of it.

1 hour ago, Kargrin said:

Robert A. Altman

Is it said he pushed the other founder, Christopher Weaver, out of the company.

OMG! Mr. Wonder Woman??? this is so not good. I thought Bethesda wasn't a publicly traded company? if this is true then this is just pure greed. I was reading the wiki on Bethesda and all the behind-the-scenes business dealings are pretty shady.

i'm starting to suspect that maybe todd isn't the one we should be faulting for this. I know that he was hyping it (along with that retarded lummox petey) but maybe he is being forced. just a hunch.

Beth is owned by Zenimax, which is a closed company. Before the big hits of Morrowind/Obllivion, Beth was financially weak and had to accept the "deal with the devil" of Altman.

To me the entire deal with the  Zenimax foundation reeks of money laundry. But who knows.

Archived