Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

25 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

I find it disrespectful Matty is criticizing Fallout 76.

why's that? the game is not a $60 finished product yet that's what it was being hyped and marketed and priced at. you should be supporting him for not being a shill and having the courage of his convictions (especially because his channel is based on beth games).

do you think he should have blind loyalty or maybe just refrained from reviewing it completely? i'm genuinely curious.

2 hours ago, cleavagesweat said:

why's that? the game is not a $60 finished product yet that's what it was being hyped and marketed and priced at. you should be supporting him for not being a shill and having the courage of his convictions (especially because his channel is based on beth games).

do you think he should have blind loyalty or maybe just refrained from reviewing it completely? i'm genuinely curious.

Yeah, it was meant to be a joke. He became the meme when he said anyone who talks bad about Fallout 4 is disrespectful.

And no, I don't defend and side with fanboys. Matty is a fucking shill.

3 hours ago, cleavagesweat said:

but you can't compare the flaws of FO4 to the flaws of FO76... it's so bad that even the die-hard supporters have to call this out for what it is.

By his standard (and the standard of the shill brigade members here) my $60 purchase of FO4 didn't entitle me to an opinion because it didn't jive with theirs.  But now Bethesda has been exposed and all the fanboi caterwauling in the world won't put the demons back in Pandora's box.  Sucks to be them.

Lol, what a fucking mess.  You know Bethesda fucked up when MattyPlays is calling them out.  This game is has been thrown to the wolves by everybody, everywhere, and it has fundamentally hurt Bethesda's brand.  It is quite clear that some people/higher ups at Bethesda/Zenimax need to be fired or they need to step down.

14 minutes ago, shadowlord445 said:

Lol, what a fucking mess.  You know Bethesda fucked up when MattyPlays is calling them out.  This game is has been thrown to the wolves by everybody, everywhere, and it has fundamentally hurt Bethesda's brand.  It is quite clear that some people/higher ups at Bethesda/Zenimax need to be fired or they need to step down.

Bethesda changed course when Ken Ralston left (Morrowind, Oblvion, FO3) and Todd Howard took over (Skyrim, FO4, FO76).  Less RPG, more console-style action adventure.  Skyrim was a HUGE success but was that because of Todd Howard's lead or in spite of it?  I honestly don't think Bethesda can recover from the FO70shits train wreck.  If Starfield isn't the best game they've ever made then they really will be fucked...EA/Ubisoft level fucked.  No more good will or free passes in Bethesda's future.  That ship sailed and sank and Todd Howard was captain when it happened.  Too many lies, too many broken promises.

15 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Ignoring the will of the fans for an existing franchise is bad business.  That's just common sense; something that some TV show runners, movie producers, comic book writers and game developers obviously don't have.  Look at the state of Star Wars and Dr. Who.  The fans are PISSED because the people in charge took existing IPs and 'made what they wanted to make'.  Making the movie/comic/game you want is fine...with a new IP that no one is invested in.  Starfield = yes.  FO/ES = no.  And at the time Todd Howard said that he was talking about the IPs they already had, not a new one.

I was mainly talking about making something you want as a new IP, because I find it deeply offensive that anybody should feel they have the right to demand you to change what you personally want to make.

But with that said, I feel morally obligated to apply that to current creative forces in control of already established IPs, as I find it hypocritical to claim that making something new gives you free reign, while with something established, you are bound by other things... because frankly, you're really not. Yes, it's deeply bad for business and one can argue some form of social or cultural contract, but unless there is some form of actual legally binding contract (such as being an employee or terms being written into licensing), no creative force is beholden to anybody, including the fans. I despise with a passion what is happening with Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and various other franchises, but at the end of the day I would never want to tie the hands of any creative force and tell them no, you have to do it my way because I say so, as that's the death of any kind of creativity.

Which I feel is being done right now in Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek and a lot of comics, but that's a whole load of political bullshit right there that I would get yelled at for. So, the most I can say is that if I don't agree with what is happening, then I will not support it with my money, which I'm not doing for any of this.

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

By his standard (and the standard of the shill brigade members here) my $60 purchase of FO4 didn't entitle me to an opinion because it didn't jive with theirs.  But now Bethesda has been exposed and all the fanboi caterwauling in the world won't put the demons back in Pandora's box.  Sucks to be them.

https://www.altchar.com/games-news/582588/bethesda-replies-to-fo-76-critics-gets-thousands-of-downvotes

16 hours ago, Kargrin said:

bleak01.pngSome leak posted yesterday (who knows the authenticity...)

I re-read this and couldn't help but focus on one part where a studio got the space game Starfield to work in a different engine but Maryland threw a tantrum that it wasn't in the CK. why is Maryland so adamant about the CK? is it because they (being Maryland) would have to learn something new? is it because they care so much about the modding community that they don't want us to have to learn a new tool kit? (?  lol  ?

why?

I re-read this and couldn't help but focus on one part where a studio got the space game Starfield to work in a different engine but Maryland threw a tantrum that it wasn't in the CK. why is Maryland so adamant about the CK? is it because they (being Maryland) would have to learn something new? is it because they care so much about the modding community that they don't want us to have to learn a new tool kit? (?  lol  ?

why?

If Bethesda were to buy the license for an engine made in this century they'd have to spend money.  If they wanted people to mod the game (fix it for them like always) they'd also have to buy a 3rd party distributor's license; otherwise modding it would be restricted to models and textures only.  Say bye-bye to Bethesda's idea farm since there wouldn't be player-made scripting or a script extender.  Company logistics and project scheduling would be thrown into chaos since the devs would have to learn the mechanics of the new (and modern) engine.  Basically Bethesda has painted themselves into a corner; their engine isn't meant to do what they're trying to make it do so their games are becoming more and more of a joke as time passes, BUT they can't start using a better one.

5 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

If Bethesda were to buy the license for an engine made in this century they'd have to spend money.  If they wanted people to mod the game (fix it for them like always) they'd also have to buy a 3rd party distributor's license; otherwise modding it would be restricted to models and textures only.  Say bye-bye to Bethesda's idea farm since there wouldn't be player-made scripting or a script extender.  Company logistics and project scheduling would be thrown into chaos since the devs would have to learn the mechanics of the new (and modern) engine.  Basically Bethesda has painted themselves into a corner; their engine isn't meant to do what they're trying to make it do so their games are becoming more and more of a joke as time passes, BUT they can't start using a better one.

you're saying that they would have to pay for this other engine that worked well with starfield? I didn't make that connection from the article.

why?

Time and money spent on training an entire studio to work with a new engine. With the additional risk of not being moddable/time wasted on making it moddable.

15 hours ago, cleavagesweat said:

What? I've been playing this game almost non-stop since beta and I'm still going strong. If this was a "pay by minute" I've easily racked up the $60 tag and I've still a long way to go.

For people who hate this game why are the 3 of you posting/camping this thread 24/7? Move on lol.

23 minutes ago, patches13 said:

What? I've been playing this game almost non-stop since beta and I'm still going strong. If this was a "pay by minute" I've easily racked up the $60 tag and I've still a long way to go.

For people who hate this game why are the 3 of you posting/camping this thread 24/7? Move on lol.

we created a separate thread but the moderators felt that it should all stay in here so please feel free to take it up with them. in the meantime, how about you just let us share current events hmm? mmmkay thank you! 

47 minutes ago, patches13 said:

That is easy to answer to annoy you..  Looking at all the game review you are the only user.. to strange your saying you play non stop because all other users where booted out of the game during the server bugs out. 90 % of the time. The other 10 % procent other bugs occur.

Not even saying consoles with the horrible lag during battles with late game queen flying creature. i see there is only thumbs up i really needed that thumbs down right now.

46 minutes ago, patches13 said:

#1. My investment of time and money in Bethesda games since 2006 gives me the right to say whatever-the-hell I want to about them.

#2. Because fanbois are still white knighting for Bethesda, even after all of the shit that company has done.

#3. This is payback to the LL shill brigade who shut down any conversation about Bethesda games they personally don't agree with.

#4. I went to fashion week and nylon tote bags are not in style this year.

#5. Because I can.

Archived