Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

23 hours ago, patches13 said:

Hell ya, thanks a lot for bringing this up!

Okay guys,

So I've done some experimenting, and it looks like with Baka Tools you can totally load in nearly anything from Fallout 4. For example, I've replaced some costumes with the "Sky Outfits" and loaded most of the 2pac skimpy armor conversions just fine. 

Quick note: Don't try to use the Cherry or Physics versions of the files. That was throwing me off for a while. 

On 11/18/2018 at 12:19 PM, winny257 said:

the German Youth Protection Act forbids nudity in a conventional game under 16! :classic_smile:

Really? Are they still that stupid? :classic_huh: Do those poiticians lock their children in their own basements? Where and when do they guess that their own children see their first nudity?

Sure. At the age of 16 and of course in one of those terrible computer games! And it will harm them till the end of their live! Sure.

24 minutes ago, worik said:

Really? Are they still that stupid? :classic_huh: Do those poiticians lock their children in their own basements? Where and when do they guess that their own children see their first nudity?

Sure. At the age of 16 and of course in one of those terrible computer games! And it will harm them till the end of their live! Sure.

nope, my children have always seen my wife and me naked, we even go bathe naked in public, there my children other people have also seen naked.
I have not made the German laws, these were created by shortsighted politicians.
and no, children are not punished, but rather their parents, fines, imprisonment or even deprivation of children.

everything so far understood? :classic_wink:

15 minutes ago, winny257 said:

nope, my children have always seen my wife and me naked, we even go bathe naked in public, there my children other people have also seen naked.

I grew up that way :classic_biggrin: .... see what a terrible person I am.

6 minutes ago, winny257 said:

be once whole honestly, have you ever seen a PC game for teens that contained nudity?

I have never noticed a game for teens. Even when I was a teen. Though I must confess that I never even cared at all. :classic_biggrin:

I see games in the stores for toddlers and children < 10. I assume they grow smart enough if they are 11 ...  not to care anymore for stupid "adults" who think they would listen ?

So, Bethesda experimented with their red-headed stepchild franchise to see if they could make it in the money-priting lootbox genres like their idol, EA.

So far the response seems to be a resounding "lolwut?", but it's too early declare this a failure, it only takes a few whales to keep things afloat, after all... ;)

2 hours ago, ToJKa said:

So, Bethesda experimented with their red-headed stepchild franchise to see if they could make it in the money-priting lootbox genres like their idol, EA.

So far the response seems to be a resounding "lolwut?", but it's too early declare this a failure, it only takes a few whales to keep things afloat, after all... ;)

That's the impression I got, too. And the same thing I've said before about not being able to gauge whether this idea works or not just yet. But if EA's fortunes with their subscription base to Star Wars: The Old Republic is any indication (from a couple dozen servers at launch to five left after only six years), Bugthesda will need to find some way of making money off of more than just loot boxes. Somehow I doubt something like TOR's Cartel Market would work in FO76. The sick thing is, TOR is actually a good game with excellent storytelling and fully fleshed-out characters. FO76, by the company's own admission, has neither.

"Bethesda destroying themselves"?

Who cares?

A whole lot of companies have passed within the last 25 years.

"JoWood, Virgin Interactive, Ocean, Williams, UbiSoft and Interplay" just to name a few.

But the good titles in the franchise always found a new home.

So let bethesda dig their own graves.

Somebody fresh an new will pick up in that relay race.

This just let me to something: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Defunct_video_game_companies

Oh, I remember a big bunch of them...

1 hour ago, SirDuke said:

"Bethesda destroying themselves"?

Who cares?

A whole lot of companies have passed within the last 25 years.

"JoWood, Virgin Interactive, Ocean, Williams, UbiSoft and Interplay" just to name a few.

But the good titles in the franchise always found a new home.

So let bethesda dig their own graves.

Somebody fresh an new will pick up in that relay race.

This just let me to something: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Defunct_video_game_companies

Oh, I remember a big bunch of them...

i'm thinking a lot of people would be ok with a different developer taking over the fallout franchise. 

Breaking:

Bethesda Allowing REFUNDS for Fallout 76 for PC

I heard about the 47GB game update patch lately :/   

*Installing 47GB patch* Me "47GBs patch!?!?!  What does it contain. documents to cure cancer? god damn." I wish game updates are just megabytes. Just like the xbox 360 era.

since we got updates in GBS. soon in a distant future. TBs size. People really need to check the game performance in their task manager in every update and see if the game devs *not just bethesda I'm talking about here) are trying to screw people's CPU and video card performance. Matter of time they did something that somehow screw up your video card.

15 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That's the impression I got, too. And the same thing I've said before about not being able to gauge whether this idea works or not just yet. But if EA's fortunes with their subscription base to Star Wars: The Old Republic is any indication (from a couple dozen servers at launch to five left after only six years), Bugthesda will need to find some way of making money off of more than just loot boxes. Somehow I doubt something like TOR's Cartel Market would work in FO76. The sick thing is, TOR is actually a good game with excellent storytelling and fully fleshed-out characters. FO76, by the company's own admission, has neither.

There are no lootboxes in FO76. There's an in-game store where you can buy 'atoms' to unlock shit like costumes, skins and the like. But you select what you pay for, no RNG involved. Said 'atoms' are also unlocked through playing the game, but I suppose the more stuff that comes to the store, the less likely you'll be able to keep up earning them in the game. This is not meant as a defense for MTs before certain people get their panties in a twist again. Microtransactions shouldn't be in any game you'll have to pay money for, leave that monetization scheme to F2P games. Again this is only because people are spreading misinformation again - as long as it suits your agenda, who cares about truth?

22 hours ago, Torchersphix said:

Okay guys,

So I've done some experimenting, and it looks like with Baka Tools you can totally load in nearly anything from Fallout 4. For example, I've replaced some costumes with the "Sky Outfits" and loaded most of the 2pac skimpy armor conversions just fine. 

Quick note: Don't try to use the Cherry or Physics versions of the files. That was throwing me off for a while. 

Would you consider uploading the fruits of your labor for us pleeb's?! I may be in the minority but I'm having a blast playing this game and it'd be 100% better with some 2pac and sky lovin!!!!

2 hours ago, cleavagesweat said:

I saw on Bethesda.net forums that some people are so pissed they are trying to do charge-backs through their banks or credit card companies??? wow...

CHARGE BACK

Honest question. Just how badly do you want Fallout 76 to fail? I mean you've done nothing but spam negative reviews/negative comments about this game on this thread, almost as if you are desperate for it to fail.

Remember, Loverslab wouldn't exist  if it wasn't for Bethesda's games. Neither would the Nexus. Neither would most modding communities. 

If you look back at every single Fallout/Oblivion game that Bethesda has released at launch...you will see the exact same problems as what is found in Fallout 76. Give it a rest Negative Nancy, you've made your point. You don't like this game. Some of us do. Move on imo.

1 hour ago, patches13 said:

Honest question. Just how badly do you want Fallout 76 to fail? I mean you've done nothing but spam negative reviews/negative comments about this game on this thread, almost as if you are desperate for it to fail.

Remember, Loverslab wouldn't exist  if it wasn't for Bethesda's games. Neither would the Nexus. Neither would most modding communities. 

If you look back at every single Fallout/Oblivion game that Bethesda has released at launch...you will see the exact same problems as what is found in Fallout 76. Give it a rest Negative Nancy, you've made your point. You don't like this game. Some of us do. Move on imo.

Hi! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. ?

honest answer:

none of us want beth to fail as a company and go bankrupt or anything. what we want is for this project to fail because if it doesn't there will be aspects of it that will make it into future releases. some examples are in-game store, charging to fast-travel etc. personally I don't care about the bugs but the links to the reviews go into detail WHY EVERYONE IS UPSET...

I don't see why some of you take offense to us posting this material. if you don't like it you can hover your mouse over the name of the poster you want to ignore and select ignore posts etc. I mean jeez you'd think you owned the place telling people to stop posting things you don't like... try not to take it personally or get let it get under your skin.

be good and have a nice day!

?

Archived