Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

If people like this game, then more power to them. But the majority doesn't like it and are fed up with issues with the Creation Engine that Bugthesda has known about for years but never once tried to fix. Unlike prior games, which got accepted because they had an interesting story and NPCs, FO76 has neither. By deliberate design, no less. The Metacritic scores and reviews alone are quite telling: an overwhelming majority of end users dislike the game, while even the majority of critics are also tepid. Having played a copy myself, I have to agree with them: I wasn't expecting anything great given what I learned about it from the company itself prior to launch, but this was horrible and barely playable.

For me, at least, FO76 itself isn't the issue. It's what it means for future titles if these trends towards using the same, outdated engine that gets all sorts of body work but never has any of the core issues addressed. I dread what Starfield and TES VI will be like now. And it confirms every fear I've had about the company's practices since FO4 came out, and which the Creation Club just compounded.

All that said, I'm out. Others on this site and other sites have already said everything I would say. I have nothing more to add.

7 minutes ago, winny257 said:

I do not know if I can say something, otherwise I'll draw the wrath of the gods on me again!
oh what, I do not care. :classic_laugh:
this gave it still never in Bethesda's history!

Evaluation of a renowned German computer magazine.

"Fallout 76" therefore no purchase recommendation!

https://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-Test-PC-Fallout-76-15202187.html

we are just sharing relevant information regarding the thread topic and not calling people names so there should be no wrath incurred. ?

14 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Again this is only because people are spreading misinformation again - as long as it suits your agenda, who cares about truth?

Okay, I'm trying to ignore this but I have to ask: what agenda? What gave you the idea I have an agenda? I wrote off Bugthesda when the Creation Club was launched. All I was doing was expressing my opinions and asking an honest question. As for the loot box thing, the company itself said they would have an online store. One possible feature is a box of randomized loot that can be bought, which by literal definition is a "loot box."

We disagree. Fine. I don't have any vested interest in changing people's opinions about it. Nor do I care if people like it or not. So we can agree to disagree and stay out each other's ways. Or you can continue with the character assassination using baseless assumptions and buzz words. I haven't tried once before to call you out on anything because it's all been your opinion and I respect that. Yet you insist on reading into anything I post.

And this message is meant to be a public post because I'm sick and tired of FO76 defenders and their attacks. I was threatened by someone IRL yesterday with very real violence because I said I didn't like the game in as many words. I have no more patience for this and already posted that I was dropping out of this discussion. 

4 hours ago, patches13 said:

Honest question. Just how badly do you want Fallout 76 to fail? I mean you've done nothing but spam negative reviews/negative comments about this game on this thread, almost as if you are desperate for it to fail.

Remember, Loverslab wouldn't exist  if it wasn't for Bethesda's games. Neither would the Nexus. Neither would most modding communities. 

If you look back at every single Fallout/Oblivion game that Bethesda has released at launch...you will see the exact same problems as what is found in Fallout 76. Give it a rest Negative Nancy, you've made your point. You don't like this game. Some of us do. Move on imo.

Sorry, nonsense, what would be if Beth would have only released the games and not the construction sets?
just like other game developers do, what would be then with Nexus and LL??
Nothing, because there will always be people who will modify without any help from Beth!
it would not be that much, but one thing would be beneficial, there would be no renegade modders, the their mods hide behind a paywall or sell them on Patreon!

because then it would really be a copyright infringement!!!!

agenda? ok... we want a playable game with a good story, NO SLIMY MONETIZATION SCHEMES. why would they suddenly start charging us to fast-travel??? can you answer this honestly? is that something you want to see in FO5??? I MEAN FFS THEY CHARGE FOR POSING ANIMATIONS!!! ?

it's ok baby-bird, i'll feed you...

these monetization schemes are meant to milk the consumer and the landscape is strife with developers trying to see how far they can push the limits. now some people are either rich or have no concept of the value of money. some are willing to pay $60 for a game and then $$$ on top of that for content that was already created and should be included but are behind paywalls.

instead of focusing on providing great GAME CONTENT they are focusing on HOW TO MAKE THE MOST MONEY. fyi, you can only have one PRIMARY DIRECTIVE. so do you think this game exemplifies their priorities of:

1. Great Game
  2. Make Money

OR

1. Make Money
  2. Make Money
  3. Make Money
  4. Great Game

again, i'm asking for some honesty.

20 minutes ago, cleavagesweat said:

NO SLIMY MONETIZATION SCHEMES. why would they suddenly start charging us to fast-travel???

The fast travel doesn't use the microtransaction currency. I believe the idea was likely more of the watered down, pseudo survival mode that the rest of the game became- they didn't want to remove fast travel due to the size and layout of the map but wanted to give it some sort of drawback to make it feel more "survival like", but there is virtually no other use for caps so it is pretty meaningless. There is no way to convert the caps into MTX currency or vice versa, I can't see any way that could be viewed as a monetization scheme. 

In fact I think the thing that is most bizarre about FO76 as a whole is that the attempts at monetization feel as lazy and soulless as the rest of the game- it's just some bland, boring costumes that aren't really in any way better or more interesting than what you just find in game. In my time in the beta I earned enough atoms through achievements to afford one or two items (the typical "first one's free" approach of free to play, cash store type games) and I just didn't want any of it because it was utterly pointless. 

31 minutes ago, SpyVsPie said:

The fast travel doesn't use the microtransaction currency. I believe the idea was likely more of the watered down, pseudo survival mode that the rest of the game became- they didn't want to remove fast travel due to the size and layout of the map but wanted to give it some sort of drawback to make it feel more "survival like", but there is virtually no other use for caps so it is pretty meaningless. There is no way to convert the caps into MTX currency or vice versa, I can't see any way that could be viewed as a monetization scheme. 

I stand corrected. I think Bethesda's motto could be "Suck Less" ?

anyone have any insight as to if the devs that worked on FO3 are even still there? 

54 minutes ago, cleavagesweat said:

I stand corrected. I think Bethesda's motto could be "Suck Less" ?

anyone have any insight as to if the devs that worked on FO3 are even still there? 

good question, one thing knows I with security, the Morrowind developer and thus the developers of Havok energie, have after finishing the game, all of Beth leave.
they have developed their own game, unfortunately, this was not so popular, but i am currently playing this game.

apropo, has no bugs! :classic_wink:

Spoiler

German Traler

I'm just interested in this from the perspective of someone interested in the intersection between art and commerce and what I'm seeing is completely unique...well, almost completely unique as it has only happened once before with Asheron's Call 2 (something mentioned in this video):

Spoiler

Spoiler

If the Fallout 76 project were a success, it would likely just mean that there would be more multiplayer games from BGS in the future as the relative success of Elder Scrolls Online really only led to Fallout 76's own creation rather than multiplayer aspects being crammed into Fallout 4 or and other later title (and possibly no more Creation Club for Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition) so I have no vested interest in seeing it fail.

5 hours ago, patches13 said:

Honest question. Just how badly do you want Fallout 76 to fail? I mean you've done nothing but spam negative reviews/negative comments about this game on this thread, almost as if you are desperate for it to fail.

Remember, Loverslab wouldn't exist  if it wasn't for Bethesda's games. Neither would the Nexus. Neither would most modding communities. 

If you look back at every single Fallout/Oblivion game that Bethesda has released at launch...you will see the exact same problems as what is found in Fallout 76. Give it a rest Negative Nancy, you've made your point. You don't like this game. Some of us do. Move on imo.

Are you joking ?? Bethesda fuck up is what exploded mods are for. they are so bad that witout mods there was no longgivity at all. people wont even be talking about their game. and dont forget it is the comunity that is fixing there bugged out game. would you buy a car that would not even start and you 3rd party to fix the engine in order to drive it ??

All of there games where released in a state that should never have been released in the first place.

Also this part is not entire valid it could stil be valid but under different games bethesda games where never the ony game to mod yes it true that bethesda games from oblivion days where the reason but if there where no oblivion maybe some other game would have taken that spot.

3 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Are you joking ?? Bethesda fuck up is what exploded mods are for. they are so bad that witout mods there was no longgivity at all. people wont even be talking about their game. and dont forget it is the comunity that is fixing there bugged out game. would you buy a car that would not even start and you 3rd party to fix the engine in order to drive it ??

The modding community was fairly niche until Skyrim came around yet people loved BGS' previous games enough for them to win Game of the Year no contest nearly every single time (with the exceptions of Fallout 4 and obviously Fallout 76)so that definitely isn't so.

The abundance of game lore channels which primarily focus on BGS games and series devoted to revealing little details that people didn't notice in BGS games on other channels serves as testament to the fact that there are people who actually enjoy what is in the base games themselves without additional assets being added by indie devs on top of it.

The belief that no one would still be talking about or fondly remembering their experiences with BGS games without the assistance of mods is just as unreasonable as blind devotion to any game developer.

10 hours ago, patches13 said:

I want it to fail so much that if I had the choice between getting the $60 back I spent on FO4 OR closing Bethesda's doors for good I'd take the $60.

The reaming Bethesda is getting because of FO70shits is well-deserved and long overdue.  The fanbois attacking critics and making excuses for Bethesda is one of the reasons their games are in such a sorry state.  'Meh, our fans will swallow anything we publish.'  Every time a fanboi goes after someone who says something they don't like is one more reason Bethesda doesn't have to use a modern game engine or improve their story arcs.  The fanbois will defend it no matter what.  BUT that brick wall has finally been broken down and mainstream gaming journalist and Youtube reviewers are roasting the game, the engine and Bethesda.  Now that there's real backlash the fanbois can't silence there finally might be a change for the better as far as Bethesda games go.

Want Bethesda to start making better games?  Stop defending them.

Archived