Not sure how to feel about his statement. SLS was ingeniousness and for that I looked at him like he was some kind of superhero. I guess you gotta know your limit and when it's not fun anymore, walk away from it. Hope his total experience with providing his mods here was a net positive like he got as much outta making his mods available as I and others did playing them... Hope he recognized that some people really admired him for his mods and his support.  Hopefully his ideas and his work can be expanded on and improved in the future. I don't agree with the competition sentiment. That's just a healthy biproduct of humanity, sorry.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

On the one hand, it's MM1's mod, and he's free to do as he pleases. I can even see where he's coming from, as I get anxious and paranoid very easily. I can totally understand how he could have gotten the idea to nuke everything, and in this case he decided that was for the best.

On the other hand, while I scroll through LL, I do occasionally see a mod that requires SLS; especially here on the Oldrim part of the forum. Even looking at Corsayr's SE page for the mod, there's a ton of integration patches to make this work with all the other popular SL mods. And I've never seen anything equivalent either here or on Nexus (though I never really use modDB, to be honest, so there might be something there that I haven't seen). If I have, it was never as well documented as SLS is. On other mods, I either see no description (common), a far-too-brief description (very common), or so much dark-colored text that my eyes bleed from trying to read it (rare). SLS was detailed, but not so detailed that a pure consumer like me couldn't understand it.

And if you'll allow a personal note:
I lurk on this site because I don't live alone. I live with my mom, helping her out, so I don't have many opportunities to look into smut; especially after we moved pretty far from her friend group, so she rarely goes out anymore. I've been browsing mostly for amusement, but also getting a base idea of what I'd want to use for various types of runs. And SLS, combined with its integrations, seemed great for a Hardcore Smut Thief playthrough I had in mind. I was really looking forward to it, tbh. But now, that good ol' anxiety is kicking in again. I wanna quickly download all the SE content before it's removed, but I also wanna wait and see if MM1's gonna allow someone else to take it over.

So, if you'll permit an outsider's subjective opinion:
The two projects that I personally know MM1 for are SLS and Wartimes. As such, I can only assume that those are their most popular projects. At the moment, I would like to offer the option of at least allowing those two to stay up, in their current forms, and hand off all the unfinished stuff to Corsayr so they can find someone (or multiple people) willing and skilled enough to take up the mantle. IDK if MM1 is willing to do that, but it feels - in my subjective opinion - like the best compromise anyone can get right now.

On 10/26/2023 at 7:02 PM, Monoman1 said:

iously a lot of auto downloading going on. The only people showing up in threads are people with problems. Problems that either A) are well known or B) are compl

On 10/26/2023 at 7:02 PM, Monoman1 said:

Right. First off. Not having a mental breakdown or anything so dramatic. Not having 'a fit'. Been removing files over a couple of weeks now. I've been asking nicely. Not been asking admins to do anything. Mostly via PM. Some people's inboxes are full.

It has been... interesting to see the reactions. Some people get it. Others are annoyed that they've been inconvenienced.

image.png

And I'm sorry but when you've contributed a fraction of what I have then you'll have an opinion that I'd actually consider. It's been a bit of an eye-opener. There's some real 'pieces of work' on this site. Some genuinely nice people too. 

- Dependencies - I'm not aware of any mods that have a hard dependency on any of my mods. Soft dependency, sure. You simply lose access to this content. 

- I got paid for these mods. Ah... No. I've never paywalled files or badgered people about it. The only reason I even had a patreon account was because I was asked about it. And I'm grateful to anyone that helped me out but if I were getting paid by the hour it'd be .0x cents per hour. In any case, I didn't mod to get paid. 

Now, I can't point to any one thing that's lead me to this but there are a number of factors as I see it: 

1. I've a strange OCD where I feel compelled to support the stuff I've created. I find it very difficult to 'disconnect'. It's my responsibility. 7000 posts, mostly support. It's exhausting on it's own. Combine this with trouble sleeping and it leads to late nights reading/refreshing threads. Unhealthy. Perhaps if there wasn't any file then maybe I could disconnect?

2. Someone mentioned modpacks. Yea, maybe a factor. Not a big one though. Handy of course for users but I think possibly damaging for long term for modding in general. Positive reinforcement/engagement is definitely down around here since it's advent. And it's not like us modders get much else for our work. I think SLS beta had ~83000 downloads. 53 'endorsements'. Nearly 1600 DLs per endorsement. Obviously a lot of auto downloading going on. The only people showing up in threads are people with problems. Problems that either A) are well known or B) are completely off the mark due to the users complete lack of knowledge. I'd also point out that a necessity to be knowledgeable about mods is what lead me to modding in the first place. Less knowledgeable people around would probably indicate less modders and less mods going forward. 

3. Attitudes such as: 

May not be intended but from my POV there's a serious bang of entitlement and ungratefulness about this post. Maybe you wouldn't have these alternatives if I hadn't put in the initial effort so... you're welcome I guess? I don't know why you felt to need to say this. And to say it in this thread...

4. People shitting all over 'old' mods when 'newer' ones come out utterly baffles me. I've got news for people out there. Papyrus hasn't improved since Skyrim's release. Sure SE has a couple of extra (not particularly useful) functions but if you want compatibility (which most modders do) then you're stuck with basic papyrus. PO3 extender and the like - very useful. Not game changing. My point? - The 'best' mod for something may have been made years ago. Even if this was not the case they likely served as a foundation for your newer and better mod. So... show a little respect?

5. Large mods bad. Small mods good! - Yea... Sometimes. There are efficiencies to be gained in larger mods. If you were to chop up SLS and reinstall a lot of it in parts then I'd say you are actually making things worse. Now instead of one mod tracking your cell changes you've got multiple. Congratulations, you've double/tripled the background workload (which is usually the 'heaviest' work). And if anyone doesn't know how cell change tracking works, it involves adding a permanent magic effect to the player and an invisible object following you around forever. Imagine all that invisible junk following you around. Entering/exiting combat - same sort of thing. Load game events - probably a whole lot of duplication going on. 

6. Scripters are not well regarded in the Skyrim community. At least not as well as modelers/animators. Can't really do much of interest with a model/animation without some good situations to provide context. Situations provided by a quest/script. A model/animation can be finished. Script mods require constant updates/maintenance/support. I don't really understand it. Maybe because scripts = bad is the general perception? I don't know. Maybe my perception is off. 

7. Probably the biggest. I'm feeling the walls close in on me lately (modding wise). Pretty much all of my mods have some equivalent or equivalent parts now. Sure, my mods haven't been updated in some time but I was actively working on them. Anyone paying attention to the threads would know this. It's just difficult when you're spinning 3/4 plates at the same time, including 1 complete rewrite. They don't intend it but I feel like I'm 'under siege', for want of a better expression, by these modders. And since they are many and I am one, they are capable of doing things much faster than I. I'm being 'pushed out'.

So this is the crux. Modding has become a competition and is not a fun hobby anymore. If I am to 'compete' then I'd have to give up my day job which obviously isn't an option. And if my mods or new features are to be chopped up and rehashed anyway then I really don't see the point in continuing. Or at least... continuing publicly. It's possible at this point that I would continue modding since I still have an interest in playing Skyrim and many of the things I've been working on are practically finished or close to it anyway. But then I would be modding for personal use only. That may seem selfish on the surface. And it is. But not for the reasons you're probably thinking. 

Taking modding back to being a personal thing makes modding a hobby again. No competition. No watching my mods be very publicly dissected. No endless hours of support. No adding options I'm not particularly interested in. Less compatibility issues. No aggro. No chasing people for permissions to use meshes etc. Sounds great...

A lot of the problems above are from the community itself. Something to ponder...

Just to reiterate, all this isn't against any one modder in particular. 

Taking down my files was a silent protest of the above cumulative points. This community needs to work on :

• Respect - Respect modders work. Even if you don't like it. It took time and effort and should not be shat on by anyone. Unless it's deliberately setting PCs on fire. 
  • Gratitude - Don't want to write a review or post a positive comment? Then just click the like button. Take you one second. Otherwise the vitriol of this place will drown out the positive feedback and modding will suffer. 
  • Understanding - Develop understanding of how mods work so that you're not a part of the scripts = bad sheeple. And therefore not disrespecting modders with your lack of understanding. If you don't know something then don't state it as fact...
  • Self help - respect mod authors free time. Try to figure it out yourself. See how much time modding takes (above). Maybe you'll learn something along the way and save a modder a headache. 
  • Collaboration - Maybe instead of forking off a mod, submit changes that can be implemented. Stuff is beginning to be splintered all over the place. 

tldr:

So what now? 

Got to admit, I've made a bit of a mess of things. Should have just hidden files rather than delete them. Probably will reupload them somewhere, sometime. But possibly just to a locked blog post or something. Public development is likely to stop. Permission to carry on my work is not given. Yet. Need to figure out some things. 

I have played this game for almost 4 years, haha, SLS and most of your tweaks are must-have mods in my skyrim, thx a lot for your effort, hobby is hobby, nothing can beat it especialy when it comes to competition. Looking forward to sharing your mods again :P

@Monoman1 Thank you for the explanation. At first when I saw where you asked me to take down my SE conversions of your mods I didn't know that you had nuked the OG versions already. I was wondering what I had done wrong to cause the take-down request.  Eternal support for anything, let alone mods is not feasible for any one person.  It's perfectly ok to just stop logging into L.L. to reduce stress. I get it, there's only so many times you can tell people with "Stupid" questions or complaints to "READ THE FUCKING DIRECTIONS.", before you start going batty. While I don't agree with how you dealt with it, I can understand why you did what you did. It's still a shame to see a bunch of the best S.L. mods gone.

You gave a detailed explanation, so now we know WHY you did what you did. All of us now have 2 choices. 1. Accept it and wait, or 2. STFU. Bitching and moaning isn't going to change anything other than making you not want to come back. I still have my copies of the conversions, so I'll take option #1 and maybe you'll approve reuploading it at a later time, or uploading your own SE conversion. 

Crawling out of the woodwork and jumping on the train here buddy, your mods and tweaks (SLS in particular) have long been permanent additions to my skyrim, and it was for the scripting that I initially even found your work.

Haters gonna hate and self entitled wanker is gonna wank. I'm a tradesman in a public service town - self entitled morons are unfortunately the norm, so I can honestly say you have my heart felt sympathy.

For all the years and awesome content you have provided, the many many hours of extra interest you provided me in this game I thank you.

I hope some of the support I'm seeing in this thread can ease your frustrations a little, and wish you the best, whatever you do going forwards.

On 10/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, Monoman1 said:

Taking modding back to being a personal thing makes modding a hobby again. No competition.

I hope i don't sound rude saying this, but while i totally get it it's also somewhat on you. I've had a similar experience with some games i played recently and playing those games kinda felt like a job, which sucked the fun out of it. So i get you (somewhat), but changing my own attitude helped me a lot having actually fun playing again. That said, i'm not in your shoes and we all have our own struggles, if that would even be an option for you... i can't tell. It could be worth thinking about it, though? 

And either way, i wish you all the best and that things work out for you the way you want - or need. Also... i believe i said here and there that i do enjoy your mods, but i never feel like it's been enough, so i kinda feel guilty with some points you mentioned. But as i just thought i could do another Skyrim playthrough... your mods are always one of the first i consider because i enjoyed them a lot. So if nothing else, take my love from this post, i really do appretiate you. ❤️

On 11/3/2023 at 9:30 PM, nomkaz said:

@Monoman1 Thank you for the explanation. At first when I saw where you asked me to take down my SE conversions of your mods I didn't know that you had nuked the OG versions already. I was wondering what I had done wrong to cause the take-down request.  Eternal support for anything, let alone mods is not feasible for any one person.  It's perfectly ok to just stop logging into L.L. to reduce stress. I get it, there's only so many times you can tell people with "Stupid" questions or complaints to "READ THE FUCKING DIRECTIONS.", before you start going batty. While I don't agree with how you dealt with it, I can understand why you did what you did. It's still a shame to see a bunch of the best S.L. mods gone.

You gave a detailed explanation, so now we know WHY you did what you did. All of us now have 2 choices. 1. Accept it and wait, or 2. STFU. Bitching and moaning isn't going to change anything other than making you not want to come back. I still have my copies of the conversions, so I'll take option #1 and maybe you'll approve reuploading it at a later time, or uploading your own SE conversion. 

You can't just convert SLS to SE, you have to fix exploits and a lot of bugs first.

Best wishes to you, @Monoman1. Sorry that things got too much for you, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

For everyone else... this is not the first time something like this has happened (captured dreams, anyone?), nor will it be the last. However, I think this is a prime example of one of the facets of modding that shows a real weakness that I believe must be addressed as a community, or else the "golden days" of modding really will be in the past.

Of course the weakness is that mods now are seen by many authors and users as the mod author's "property". Back in the day there was a more community-minded approach to modding, and if a single author/dev went AWOL, there'd be someone else to carry on the work. I wish we could somehow figure out a way for mod authors to get theirs while still keeping future access/development a possibility should the mod author want to call it quits.

This is also the reason why Nexus made the extremely controversial decision to archive mod versions on their platform.

Also, there should never be an expectation by mod authors or anyone that there shouldn't be criticisms or critique of publicly-available content on the internet. The internet requires something of a thick skin, and it is through such criticisms (not personal criticisms of course, I'm talking mod-specific) and critiques that mods can grow and get better over time. What other reason is there to post a mod to a public forum like Loverslab? If mod authors are just looking for dopamine hits by people praising them periodically... Doesn't seem productive, healthy, or rational. If the mod author truly has a passion for their project and doesn't want outside interest, then frankly they shouldn't post their stuff to a public forum, full stop. The logical, rational reasons for sharing one's personal projects (like what Monoman opted to do to all our great benefit over the years) as I see it are money, fame, fake internet points (likes/endorsements), collaboration, continuation. I'm not sure what was the motivation for Monoman, but it seems at the very least that money, collaboration, and definitely continuation were not any of them.

So... Mod authors... Please consider establishing a protocol for yourself for collaboration if you desire it, or continuation if you are thinking of moving on. I find it difficult to understand how someone couldn't do this without thinking of them acting selfishly. Otherwise, you might want to reconsider why you are sharing your mods on a public forum.

I'm one of the lucky ones with backups of many mods like SLS and Wartimes (older versions, but eh), so I'm not personally affected by this, but I've seen this same sort of thing happen so often, and it really makes me sad to see mod authors take the selfish route. Shows the weakness of the scene currently, and generally does not bode well for the future. Again, all the best to Monoman, and I hope we'll see fewer of these occurrences moving forward.

Edited by MysticDaedra
2 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Best wishes to you, @Monoman1. Sorry that things got too much for you, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

For everyone else... this is not the first time something like this has happened (captured dreams, anyone?), nor will it be the last. However, I think this is a prime example of one of the facets of modding that shows a real weakness that I believe must be addressed as a community, or else the "golden days" of modding really will be in the past.

Of course the weakness is that mods now are seen by many authors and users as the mod author's "property". Back in the day there was a more community-minded approach to modding, and if a single author/dev went AWOL, there'd be someone else to carry on the work. I wish we could somehow figure out a way for mod authors to get theirs while still keeping future access/development a possibility should the mod author want to call it quits.

This is also the reason why Nexus made the extremely controversial decision to archive mod versions on their platform.

Also, there should never be an expectation by mod authors or anyone that there shouldn't be criticisms or critique of publicly-available content on the internet. The internet requires something of a thick skin, and it is through such criticisms (not personal criticisms of course, I'm talking mod-specific) and critiques that mods can grow and get better over time. What other reason is there to post a mod to a public forum like Loverslab? If mod authors are just looking for dopamine hits by people praising them periodically... Doesn't seem productive, healthy, or rational. If the mod author truly has a passion for their project and doesn't want outside interest, then frankly they shouldn't post their stuff to a public forum, full stop. The logical, rational reasons for sharing one's personal projects (like what Monoman opted to do to all our great benefit over the years) as I see it are money, fame, fake internet points (likes/endorsements), collaboration, continuation. I'm not sure what was the motivation for Monoman, but it seems at the very least that money, collaboration, and definitely continuation were not any of them.

So... Mod authors... Please consider establishing a protocol for yourself for collaboration if you desire it, or continuation if you are thinking of moving on. I find it difficult to understand how someone couldn't do this without thinking of them acting selfishly. Otherwise, you might want to reconsider why you are sharing your mods on a public forum.

I'm one of the lucky ones with backups of many mods like SLS and Wartimes (older versions, but eh), so I'm not personally affected by this, but I've seen this same sort of thing happen so often, and it really makes me sad to see mod authors take the selfish route. Shows the weakness of the scene currently, and generally does not bode well for the future. Again, all the best to Monoman, and I hope we'll see fewer of these occurrences moving forward.

I agree with you, especially on the critcism point. There will be times people disagree with the modder, and so should be allowed to respectfully give their view. If the modder wants to act upon that or not, well the ball is in their court.

I did find it kinda hilarious that Mono's reaction post specificially targetted me and how dare I post on the thread. All I did was put a couple of lines saying here is the part of SLS I wanted to use, stopped using SLS because the areas I did not use caused mod issues for me and that someone else had made a alternate I can use. I did not ask/request/tell/demand Mono do or not do anything, make personal comment, go on a rant etc. So, how is posting a negative experience of a mod such a no no? Surely being able to post the postive and negative experiences will allow for a better mod over time. By not wanting people to post a differing view smacks of issues like Facebook, YouTube etc getting rid of the thumbs down and other ways to reflect the experience was not good... It creates a skewed perspective where people think all is well  good and fluffy clouds when it is not.

On 11/3/2023 at 2:33 AM, Gamer_Auto said:

On the other hand, while I scroll through LL, I do occasionally see a mod that requires SLS; especially here on the Oldrim part of the forum. Even looking at Corsayr's SE page for the mod, there's a ton of integration patches to make this work with all the other popular SL mods. And I've never seen anything equivalent either here or on Nexus (though I never really use modDB, to be honest, so there might be something there that I haven't seen). If I have, it was never as well documented as SLS is. On other mods, I either see no description (common), a far-too-brief description (very common), or so much dark-colored text that my eyes bleed from trying to read it (rare). SLS was detailed, but not so detailed that a pure consumer like me couldn't understand it.

Agrea with that. I was playing LE version because of the stability and bethesda as stop to destroy the game with upgrade contrary to SE. All is tweak are «base mod» for me. All the detail he was sharing help me many time when reinstall the game and enjoy it. I play the game more then 2044 hours at Skyrim Le. One of my hobby while playing Skyrim was trying to find way to make the game more immersive and solve issue. Trying to find original solution and possible bug to help modder. Doing that help me to change my mind on daily live.

There is not many equivalent close to the level of immersion gived by the «former» mod of monoman1 in that field. I remember when @pchs reconnect and was impressed by the job made my @Monoman1 for Wartimes. Monoman say it was ready to give it back to PCHS.

I hope he will repost all the mod or i guess people will share them between themself.

Edited by lcewolf
6 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Also, there should never be an expectation by mod authors or anyone that there shouldn't be criticisms or critique of publicly-available content on the internet.

Agreed.  That kind of criticism is a benefit to mod authors, who want to know if there's a problem.  When the criticism is constructive, of course, which I believe is what you were saying.

Examples of unhelpful criticism:  "A pile of crap, uninstalled!" or "A buggy mess".  If it's that bug-ridden, the writer should have no trouble providing a few examples that will point the developer in the right direction for tracking down and fixing those bugs, to the benefit of all.  As point #1 of this site's rules says, "Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner."  Naturally, it's also fine for constructive criticism to be subjective, not limited to bugs or obvious errors.  Reasonable people can disagree on what features a mod should offer and how those features should work.  That's okay.  A difference of opinion over a feature or implementation might inspire the author to add a similar-but-different feature or change.  Criticism that is constructive and civil has a far better chance of being acted on than emotional venting of frustrations.

On 11/8/2023 at 6:53 AM, ebbluminous said:

I agree with you, especially on the critcism point. There will be times people disagree with the modder, and so should be allowed to respectfully give their view. If the modder wants to act upon that or not, well the ball is in their court.

I did find it kinda hilarious that Mono's reaction post specificially targetted me and how dare I post on the thread. All I did was put a couple of lines saying here is the part of SLS I wanted to use, stopped using SLS because the areas I did not use caused mod issues for me and that someone else had made a alternate I can use. I did not ask/request/tell/demand Mono do or not do anything, make personal comment, go on a rant etc. So, how is posting a negative experience of a mod such a no no? Surely being able to post the postive and negative experiences will allow for a better mod over time. By not wanting people to post a differing view smacks of issues like Facebook, YouTube etc getting rid of the thumbs down and other ways to reflect the experience was not good... It creates a skewed perspective where people think all is well  good and fluffy clouds when it is not.

Your post suggested that SLS was bloated with 'a crapton of features' because there was stuff in it besides what you wanted, which is absurd. It's already been explained why creating several small mods is a worse approach than one big one, but at the end of the day, if you only want a small part of a larger mod then it's time to learn to code. That would be the mature, reasonable response to the situation, rather than expecting the modder to take an objectively worse approach and chop a mod designed to offer a comprehensive experience into tiny bits, on the off chance you come along and only want a fraction of it.

2 minutes ago, vladeemer said:

Your post suggested that SLS was bloated with 'a crapton of features' because there was stuff in it besides what you wanted, which is absurd. It's already been explained why creating several small mods is a worse approach than one big one, but at the end of the day, if you only want a small part of a larger mod then it's time to learn to code. That would be the mature, reasonable response to the situation, rather than expecting the modder to take an objectively worse approach and chop a mod designed to offer a comprehensive experience into tiny bits, on the off chance you come along and only want a fraction of it.

Well depends on the specifics as to whether breaking a large mod into smaller ones would be better or worse - Mono even said.
As I have said, I did not ask Mono to change anything or do anything different, I simply states that I found SLS too bloated for me. That was a mature response, Do not put words in my mouth. You, by doing that are not being mature ;)

On 11/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, Monoman1 said:

Quite the turn around from your last post... I just don't get the point of your posts.

You say "I had issues with SLS". Don't say what those issues are or what you tried to resolve them. So... it's not a bug report. Where's the constructive element? 

You say "SLS is bloated". Ok. Bloated for you. Good for me. Ok, your opinion. Doesn't help me but sure, ok, whatever. 

You say "x mod works well instead for me". Ok... great. Again, don't know the point of posting that here. Go to X mod thread and say "Hey, thanks for the mod". No?

Your post is just all negativity... Or am I crazy?

No you are not crazy. Me, I look at the modular substitutes for some of your utilities and see a lot feature bloat there ;) . What I do think is that a lot of people's memories have been broken by light plugins. Having a single mod capable of offering so much in a time where we merged plugins (hah!) or lived with less than 256 was a godsend. Especially when none of its issues are ever game breaking. 

Oh, and I though I'd add: Wartimes is just not to my taste but damn, I played it out to an ending just because the menus were so well conceived and your innovative mechanics just worked. Thanks for that one, too.

Anyone know how to turn off the escort requirement? I've got the required escorts set to 0 and ticked the checkbox that locks it in, and I waited a day in-game but whenever Enforcers find me in Riverwood they still teleport me to the barracks because I don't have an escort.

Also, for some reason, they're treating my clothes as armor and taking it from me? I don't have clothing licenses enabled and I don't have a mod that alters vanilla clothing. Anyone know what's going on here?

Edit: turned off Tolls entirely and they're still demanding an escort even after stopping and starting the license system entirely. Very confused, I like the license system but something here is busted and I'm not sure what. It used to work on my last playthrough and I haven't touched the load order or mods.

Edited by Manjimon
11 hours ago, Manjimon said:

Anyone know how to turn off the escort requirement? I've got the required escorts set to 0 and ticked the checkbox that locks it in, and I waited a day in-game but whenever Enforcers find me in Riverwood they still teleport me to the barracks because I don't have an escort.

Also, for some reason, they're treating my clothes as armor and taking it from me? I don't have clothing licenses enabled and I don't have a mod that alters vanilla clothing. Anyone know what's going on here?

Edit: turned off Tolls entirely and they're still demanding an escort even after stopping and starting the license system entirely. Very confused, I like the license system but something here is busted and I'm not sure what. It used to work on my last playthrough and I haven't touched the load order or mods.

Since you changed it while already in a game, you may need to stay away from Riverwood for a few days until it refreshes. The license and toll system work fine--I have the escorts disabled in my game and have zero issues with it.

Edit--for the record, I do not have the Followers Required box checked, just the number set to zero. Unchecking that may work better for you.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.4beeb6a887c845c594b6b51c42cb1814.jpeg

Edited by vladeemer

Thanks for bringing the mods back. It's not possible to build a proper SL modlist without some of them. I've never had issues with SL Survival, so it's always a problem on the user side, because there are so many settings and soft dependencies that have their own settings... Currently sometimes my PC's mouth doesn't close after ahegao and some tongues are not positioned perfectly, but I'll just blame my setup and other mods that deal with expressions :D

Monoman1, thanks for creating such an amazing mod that brings both challenge and lewdness to Skyrim!

It's my first time to use it and everything runs smoothly except for the Wildling function.

On 8/16/2022 at 4:24 PM, Nohrin said:

I'm using version 6.85 on special edition, and I cannot seem to get the Wildling to work perfectly. I managed to get a goat into my pack, so the follower menu appears when interacting with it, but each time we fuck, it says in the Wildling log that I get no experience for fucking, being fucked, orgasming, or making goat orgasm. The value is just 0 across board. However, I am getting experience for being naked, crawling, and keeping my packs balls empty. But those are all minimal increases of wildling level. Seems 95% of the experience must come from actually fucking/orgasming, which is just not working for some reason.

I have read through some pages and saw recommendation to use 'Startquest _SLS_WildlingQuest', but that didn't seem to have any effect.

I have exactly the same problems as Nohrin : I'm using version 0.685 in AE 1.6.640, and cannot gain Wildling experience from any sexual intercourse with creatures. Every sex my PC had with creature is listed in Wildling experience log, but it just shows 0.000 exp gained, while being naked, crawling, and other actions can accumulate exp as normal.

I have read through many pages of this thread and tried every recommendation from the author and others.

The creature content and Wilding are enabled in SLS MCM. SLSO installed and works well. "Using Separate Orgasm" also enabled in Sexlab Framework MCM.

By running ‘sqv _SLS_WildlingQuest’ in the console I can tell the quest is running.

Then I tried running 'StartQuest _SLS_WildlingQuest' in the console but the problem just remains.

Disable Wilding in SLS MCM, wait for several hours, then enable it again.  Still doesn't work.

I also tried disabling Wilding in SLS MCM then running 'StartQuest _SLS_WildlingQuest' in the console. Still, the problem remains.

The fundle function works well after I edited some texts, replacing '<''>' with '[' ']' in dialogues by xTranslator.

The tame function has not been tested by me now.

Thanks for the mod again, and I'm looking forward to any advice on how to solve this problem.