10 minutes ago, SAC said:

Apologies for bumping, but it was the last post on the page and I'm not sure @dagobaking has seen it

Also: I've got no facelight, am I supposed to activate some setting? I am using patreon Beta 74

The log suggests that the player lookups worked ok. That probably isn't related to supermutants.

I think there is some kind of activation within the facelight MCM.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The log suggests that the player lookups worked ok. That probably isn't related to supermutants.

I think there is some kind of activation within the facelight MCM.

So, any idea how to debug the supermutants? :) 

For facelight: is there an external mod required, outside AAF? AAF does not have MCM, afaik

9 hours ago, SAC said:

So, any idea how to debug the supermutants? :) 

I'm not sure what is happening there. I think you will need to turn mods off/on and test to narrow down the cause. This doesn't happen with AAF by itself. So, some add-on is coming into play.

9 hours ago, SAC said:

For facelight: is there an external mod required, outside AAF? AAF does not have MCM, afaik

Aha.

Facelight is a separate mod. The facelight feature in AAF isn't a replacement. It just transfers the facelight (turned on by the other mod) to the doppelganger during animations.

hi, i found myself struggling to get to work aaf menu again, but now with a different mod and it's Settlement Menu Manager, whenever i install this mod (that i would use it alongside other mods for settlement furniture or structures such as V's Stylish Decor or Nuka Shops) the setup screen for the mod tells me that several plugins such as SSEX and Torture Devices are not installed (and they aren't but i don't know why is it necessary for Settlement Menu Manager) and doesn't let me launch the animations and neither does it give me acces to those furniture packages i mentioned previously, don't know if its a matter of load order or if i'm probably missing other mods but i would like to know how to be able to make aaf work with that mod installed. 

ps. i don't know how to submit my load order in this post in order to help me with load order inconsistencies but if someone knows how i would be gratefull.

47 minutes ago, Elllollos said:

hi, i found myself struggling to get to work aaf menu again, but now with a different mod and it's Settlement Menu Manager, whenever i install this mod (that i would use it alongside other mods for settlement furniture or structures such as V's Stylish Decor or Nuka Shops) the setup screen for the mod tells me that several plugins such as SSEX and Torture Devices are not installed (and they aren't but i don't know why is it necessary for Settlement Menu Manager) and doesn't let me launch the animations and neither does it give me acces to those furniture packages i mentioned previously, don't know if its a matter of load order or if i'm probably missing other mods but i would like to know how to be able to make aaf work with that mod installed. 

ps. i don't know how to submit my load order in this post in order to help me with load order inconsistencies but if someone knows how i would be gratefull.

update: it no longer displays in the aaf menu the plugin errors because i installed the Settlement Menu Manager mod at the bottom last of my load order, however the menu for the mods V's Stylish Decor and Nuka Shops still don't appear on any of my settlement creation menus

14 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Aha.

Facelight is a separate mod. The facelight feature in AAF isn't a replacement. It just transfers the facelight (turned on by the other mod) to the doppelganger during animations.

Ok, found it at https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30035/ and it works. TY

I suggest you add it to your mod page as a (soft) requirement, I had no idea I needed to download it

Still no joy on supermutants, I'll try more but it's been difficult getting all the patches working and I'm afraid to mess it up completely. More integration would be good

On 12/5/2018 at 9:23 PM, Durante said:

Do facial expressions work when animating on AAF? I could have sworn I once made a screenshot of an NPC having a different expression with closed eyes, though normally I see their mimics don't change.

This happened to me by chance. The NPC's mouth movement went along with the sound effects (I just freshly installed the new version of AAF). Now its back to blank faces. Dunno what i did to make it work at first.

Hi, little troubleshooting help needed. new build w AAF v76 and the host of usual ani packs/themes etc. AAF seems to be running fine but I'm having an issue with the FF animations. The only F/F animations that are currently working are the Atomic/Rufgt's Old ones. With a basic install they are also the only ones showing - Adding Patches for Leito & Crazy v3.2 and AJs Various XML adds a host of animations to the menu for FF, however...  ALL of these (except Atomic) hang at the fade to black stage (while the Joining is taking place).   I'm wondering, has something changed about the structure of the XML recently? and what might be missing/causing all FF anis to stall at this point?

EDIT: *the F/F issue seems to have begun with AAF 74. -after back-testing, v73 works but v74-76 all have the same issue.
         *AJ has patched his and they are now working :)   Leito/Crazy patches for F/F still broken (looking thru the XML i can't see any probs, i'm stumped)

3 hours ago, ezfreee said:

Yes I confirm you that some syntax is no more valid inside "various XML" (can't talk for the other xml), and if I remember well it's only in FF.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm going to correct right now, some minutes TWO HOURS and they should*** be OK. ?

*** hopefully

8 hours ago, markyy0902 said:

Weird. The other day my NPCs mouths were moving and having expressions during the animations... Now they are back to being stoic during animations. No expressions or mouth movements during animation

Anyone knows how to fix?

This depends on the animation, as the expressions are controlled by annotations in the animation files themselves.  Some animation packs have expressions, some don't.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, A.J. said:

Yes I confirm you that some syntax is no more valid inside "various XML" (can't talk for the other xml), and if I remember well it's only in FF.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm going to correct right now, some minutes TWO HOURS and they should*** be OK. ?

*** hopefully

AJ Thanks! your tweaks seem to have fixed the issues (SC related ones)  Any advice on what needs to be tweaked for others? (Leito/Crazy FF patches still broken)

10 hours ago, ezfreee said:

AJ Thanks! your tweaks seem to have fixed the issues (SC related ones)  Any advice on what needs to be tweaked for others? (Leito/Crazy patches still broken)

Going to talk with Ego about it.

On 5/15/2018 at 8:17 AM, Darnexx said:

I did try without any other Mod besides a Pose/Anime Mod and LooksMenu, did not work. Also no, no FN button. Only this one marked in the Picture, is that the same like FN? I never use it so dunno.. :'D 

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.1fe15e90524260556eb410f0a8a1e17c.JPG

FN key is on laptops that use the base keys for other settings. FN+F1 for me mutes my laptop for example. The laptop lacks a page up page down key and instead uses the number pad for that so that I can not select things in AAF(so right now I am trying to find out how to change the keybinding of AFF). You will not find a FN on a keyboard for a tower.

4 hours ago, blue35e said:

FN key is on laptops that use the base keys for other settings. FN+F1 for me mutes my laptop for example. The laptop lacks a page up page down key and instead uses the number pad for that so that I can not select things in AAF(so right now I am trying to find out how to change the keybinding of AFF). You will not find a FN on a keyboard for a tower.

My guide has a section that has how to change out the Keybinding... (contributed to the guide by another.. so I have little experience in doing so. did it once to understand the basics and be sure I was correct)

Ok idk if im super stupid but i cant for the life of me get the home menu or GUI to pop up. It seems no matter what i do such as re binding the Home key  or reinstall the mod it refuses to work for me. I'm using MO2 to install all my mods. 

20 hours ago, hyruleblade said:

Ok idk if im super stupid but i cant for the life of me get the home menu or GUI to pop up. It seems no matter what i do such as re binding the Home key  or reinstall the mod it refuses to work for me. I'm using MO2 to install all my mods. 

Perhaps post the xml and the sections you are working on... might just be something stupid like an added space or something that others that understand this can answer. (in a spoiler please :D)  Not sure how important it is for this.. however, double check the basics to be sure all the minimums requirements are installed properly as well. In the past on other frameworks often times glitches like this was found to be a simple basic requirement not installed or installed correctly.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:58 PM, hyruleblade said:

Most common cause of the symptoms you describe is incorrect F4SE installation.

Absolutely refuses to work for me. By that I mean that the hotkey does nothing. Tried re-mapping it like the FAQ said, didn't do anything either. I am fairly sure I have F4SE installed properly since the console command to check the version works and so does MCM, which requires F4SE. I have absolutely no idea what to attempt anymore...