2 hours ago, Asmith1213 said:

how to get shb body to work with aaf 

AAF does not apply any limits to the body you can use unless it's based on NudeSuits.
So what exactly is the problem?

20 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The hotkeys are assigned in the [HOTKEYS] section of Data\AAF\AAF_Settings.ini.  You can edit them yourself and they will take effect next time you load a game.

I tried this but it did not take the game still did not recognise the changes.

I restarted the game but still reverts to the original hotkeys.

******** begin paste of AAF_settings.ini ************************

[HOTKEYS]

; Adjust wizard hotkeys using DirectX Scan Codes
; See here for list of codes: https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title = DirectX_Scan_Codes

toggle_key_1                    = 111         ; Num/  
toggle_key_2                    = 103         ; Num7
toggle_key_3                    = 104         ; Num8

cycle_key_1                     = 100        ; Num4
cycle_key_2                     = 101        ; Num5
cycle_key_3                     = 97         ; Num1

alt_key_1                        = 105         ; Num9
alt_key_2                        = 102        ; Num6

select_key_1                    = 13         ; Enter
end_key                         = 106        ; Num*
quickscene_key                    = 122         ; F11

arrow_key_up                    = 38
arrow_key_right                 = 39
arrow_key_down                    = 40
arrow_key_left                    = 37

direction_NW                    = 103         ; Num7
direction_N                     = 104         ; Num8
direction_NE                    = 105         ; Num9
direction_E                     = 102         ; Num6
direction_SE                    = 99         ; Num3
direction_S                     = 98         ; Num2
direction_SW                    = 97         ; Num1
direction_W                     = 100         ; Num4

******** end paste of AAF_settings.ini ************************

is it because of the Direction keys are set to number pad keys?

What are direction keys anyway. where/when is it used?

Appreciate any help.

thanks

18 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

The guide link can be found in my spoiler. There are two choices. Mine is a google doc. I agree if you have any questions you can ask here. I haven't actually used that process as I didn't need to change the keys (for my main  game play) but did use the guide to change one just so I could understand the process. :D Now I forgot.. lol

hay thanks.

I found it.

it was helpful in giving me a starting threat to pull on.

may be if you hve a look at my post above you may remember the steps.

I managed to edit the codes but am not sure why it did not work.

do I need to reinstall AAF?

I did restart FO4. save and then restarted it again.

or do I need to clean the saves?

BTW I have this thing where if I am in power armor things go funny. so I don't wear power armor when animating.

another question - free cam does not work when playing animations.

I find myself looking into a hollow nake.

tried TFC can't see my character/animation stops.

is this supposed to be like that?

No just edit the xml to the keys you need.

Not sure about the rest. I never really edited the codes myself other than to test and that was awhile ago. Others should be able to help chime in. Possible issue with your code.. put a space or something where it dien't belong? I'd double check the instructions and verify the steps were done correctly.. mainly, the correct code for your key that you desire to use.

1. another question - free cam does not work when playing animations.
  2. I find myself looking into a hollow nake.
  3. tried TFC can't see my character/animation stops. 
  4. is this supposed to be like that? 
  1. Check the requirements.
  2. Try moving the camera provided by AAF
  3. Can't use TFC.. it can mess things up.
  4. Yes.
On 4/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, dagobaking said:

That would be a bit outside the scope of an animation framework to handle.

AAF only applies it to the PC. To copy an NPC without their packages, I'm not sure if it's technically possible to get their face features, etc. Not without making a copy of each NPC in the CK...

I believe that's outside the scope of the framework too but that's actually possible during runtime and i do that in my mod, i can send you the details when i come back from my holidays but essentially you need 2 empty actorleveledlist "A" and "B", then you need a new actor "C" that in the template tab uses the leveled list A for the traits (those are essentially their physical aspect) and for the other things the leveled list "B" (those are to copy the exact stats of the actor to clone) then in the script you do:

A.revert()

B.revert() ; to clear the previous cloned actors

A.add(actortocopy.getleveledactorbase().gettemplate())

B.add(actortocopy.getleveledactorbase())

Then placeatme(C, 1, false, false, true)

When you need to dispose of the clone always use setcriticalstage disintegration end to avoid save bloat

5 hours ago, padezaw said:

hay thanks.

I found it.

it was helpful in giving me a starting threat to pull on.

may be if you hve a look at my post above you may remember the steps.

I managed to edit the codes but am not sure why it did not work.

I did restart FO4. save and then restarted it again.

or do I need to clean the saves?

BTW I have this thing where if I am in power armor things go funny. so I don't wear power armor when animating.

What is it exactly you are trying to do with the hotkeys. Which ones are you trying to do. Changing the keys for AAF is pretty basic, I had to do this myself. The problem is I use place everywhere also that needs keys on the number pad and when I tried to do it for that mod I couldn't get it to work properly. I just said screw that and went and bought a keyboard with the number pad on it for $20. I would suggest you just buy a new keyboard. Playing with mods on the PC and having a keyboard with no number pad will probably just end up being more trouble than the cost of a new keyboard.

I tried this but it did not take the game still did not recognise the changes.

I restarted the game but still reverts to the original hotkeys.

is it because of the Direction keys are set to number pad keys?

What are direction keys anyway. where/when is it used?

I'm not sure which keys you are trying to remap.  That would probably help. 

The "numX" keys are on the number pad, while the "0" through "9" keys are the numbers at the top of the keyboard.

The Direction keys are used to move the actors during an animation.

You don't need to reinstall anything for this to take effect.  As I said, just make the changes and reload the game, and AAF will reload the config file.  But, you have to use the correct settings for this to work.

AAF uses a F4SE plugin called LLFP to enable the freecam during aniations.  If the free cam is not working, then the LLFP plugin that comes with AAF is not being loaded. 

This probably means that you are running an outdated version of FO4 and F4SE.  You should use the latest FO4, F4SE, and AAF.

TFC will not work right during animations with the player.  It should not be needed, because AAF should be triggering the freecam itself as above.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, fobbadabalaba said:

My question is, there are a number of post and Wiki pages saying how to correctly load AAF and all of the mods.  Which one is everyone having the best success with?

I think there is probably valuable info in all of them. RitualClarities guides I know are up to date because we have discussed details recently.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:21 AM, anghelos92 said:

In addition to this i would suggest other features that should not be very hard to make since the foundations are already built into aaf:

- a button that make appear the widget with the list of available animations while an animation is already playing so that the user can change the animation playing choosing exactly what they want (of course the list should be built using the tags sent in the first place i.e. vaginal tagged animation should not be listed if the vaginal tag was inserted in the settings.excludedtags) if you want to see what i have in mind search for Sexlab Tools, of course i know that not all the functionalities of that mod can be implemented in aaf being aaf an animation and not a sexual framework.

Got it. I will consider this. I do have various lists already. But, this type of quick-list I think would require making a new UI element that is less intrusive than the center of screen wizard.

- a button to swap the roles of actors during the animation.

I will consider it. Though, given many features, it's more complicated than it sounds. For example, during positionTrees, switching roles would essentially break the tree.

Also can you illuminate me if in aaf there is the option to choose exactly what biped slot will be unequipped and then reequipped again? Of course this overriding the default aaf equipset xml, i already know that this work if you use the default equip set of AAF with no undressing and then add your own equip setting xml, I am talking to override the default AAF unequip all equip setting for compayibility with the mods already made for AAF. In sexlab this was handled by sendind a bool array of 32 elements mirroring the 32 biped slots, may it be added a similar array parameter in your setting struct to let modders exactly choose the biped slots to be unequipped without need to make xmls?

I might have a better explanation if I better understand the goal?

You can apply equipmentSets separate from positions or apply custom ones per position.

I can consider adding an override to the SceneSettings. But, that is also more complex than it first appears. Sexlab deals with a set limit of actors. AAF can be any number. So, this would need to be some kind of scaleable format. Arrays maybe. But, that relies on actor order that is not consistent between modders.

I prefer XML over hard-coded arrays, etc. because then its accessable for non-coders to customize later if they want.

On 4/20/2019 at 4:51 AM, Tentacus said:

Now I imagine adding such a category to AAF is too findamental and therefore impractical, so my question is... With the current functionality is there a way to get this effect? (Yes I'm an awful control freak)

Yes. As egoballistic points out, this is already possible. There are multiple ways too. animationGroups and positionTrees also allow setting odds for certain animations/choices, etc. so that no coding is needed beyond setting up the XML.

22 hours ago, blankproject said:

starting up AAF for the first time. does it usually take forever to load the processing topic section?

No. The whole bootup should only take a few seconds. If it gets stuck on "topic" or any other item it is because it encountered some problem with the add-ons you installed.

7 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

I believe that's outside the scope of the framework too but that's actually possible during runtime and i do that in my mod, i can send you the details when i come back from my holidays but essentially you need 2 empty actorleveledlist "A" and "B", then you need a new actor "C" that in the template tab uses the leveled list A for the traits (those are essentially their physical aspect) and for the other things the leveled list "B" (those are to copy the exact stats of the actor to clone) then in the script you do:

A.revert()

B.revert() ; to clear the previous cloned actors

A.add(actortocopy.getleveledactorbase().gettemplate())

B.add(actortocopy.getleveledactorbase())

Then placeatme(C, 1, false, false, true)

When you need to dispose of the clone always use setcriticalstage disintegration end to avoid save bloat

Thank you. Nice trick.

I may find a use for this.

39 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

For example, during positionTrees, switching roles would essentially break the tree

Thanks for considering, only you know exactly how your framework works internally so i can't suggest here more specific, but if there is any system in your code that can differentiate between the positiontrees and normal animations maybe that swap button could be available only for normal animations;

might have a better explanation if I better understand the goal?

I need this system for 2 situations, kissing and foreplay.

- i.e. in my mod the player can date npcs, at the end of the date the two can kiss each other, i would make sure that the two only unequip helmets, i tried using your apply equipment set with a custom xml set with only head biped slot listed but the actors kissed naked nonetheless, so i don't know exactly how to proceed here, it seems AAF apply the full unequip set for naked ignoring other equipment sets applies before calling the animation. About arrays i don't prefer them in an absolute way it's just because i tought they could be more simple than xmls but the point really is how i can override the default AAF equip set;

I would consider implementing this low priority however.

Thank you. Nice trick.

I may find a use for this.

You're welcome, forgot to add that if you use it for unique npc the first leveledlist must be actortocopy.getleveledactorbase() like the leveledlist B because usually the .gettemplate() return none for unique npcs, in my mod i use a check like this

Actorbase tocopyA = actortopy.getleveledactorbase().gettemplate()

If  tocopyA == none

TocopyA = getleveledactorbase()

Endif

2 minutes ago, chinbobble said:

kyathrasss guide is the best currently even tho its no longer supported. successful aaf install and troubleshooting problems are in his/her guides.  

Yeah i know he/she gave up because of the many updates of AAF and he/she was no more able to keep the pace. Unfortunately fo guide keepers (but fortunately for modders) AAF is upgrading at a steady pace, we need someone who takes care of a new up to date wiki, and maybe us modders and animators should start following some commonly accepted standards in doing things at least for sexual mods that use AAF, @EgoBallistic has already a nice idea for approaching sex consent, and that is a form of standard, another i.e. would be telling animators to not force roles to actors but only suggest them in their animation (i.e. i think (but i might be wrong) that Atomic Lust force the player to have the female role because assume the player to be female)

25 minutes ago, chinbobble said:

Ritualclarities guide is not a guide its just documentation written and presented from an almost disconnected viewpoint.  don't get me wrong i'm not having a pop at him.her but that guide will not be much use to anybody from loverslab trying to install aaf. kythanas guide has the most value right now for installing aaf as an adult orientated framework, tho it is on hold and needs a lil workaround or two, it actually deals with what you should be doing not just documenting the why of aaf

Tho I get why you need a disconnected viewpoint document since aaf is a framework for no nsfw stuff too

Are you installing this from a new game clean save?

Just now, chinbobble said:

common language or ruleset used by all would lead to a lot less errors for sure. that dude made a 200iq point

That's exactly why i give in my mod the option to override genders set in xml before calling animations and revert back that setting just after the animation i call starts to not influence other mods, but this has some downsides: some animations works well if you specify exactly the actors[0] and actors[1] i.e. if you put the player as actors[1] with Leito animations the player will use the male role regardless of their sex (useful if you want to be a female dominatrix) but some others animations don't respond to that setting like atomic lust animations, we should convince all the animators to somewhat follow Leito configuration.

yes I did it from a completely new base + all dc install. was simple aside from one instance where f4se data folder got deleted which i'm convinced had nothing to do with this guide (and obviously I could only install the rse elements flashy has made available whilst he debugs them rather than all elements that guide makes you aware of)

Well if you have a clean folder and need a guide I made one for complete beginners youre free to look at if you please.

8 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Nah, i havn't given up. I'm just waiting 'til it calms down. One update chasing the next will drive you nuts if you want to write a guide and test everything properly...

You did a very good work, and i completely understand how you could feel but i can say you that your work was not in vain, i think the vast majority of us noobs was able to play with aaf correctly because of the time you spent on that guide ;)... I'll look forward for your comeback!

58 minutes ago, chinbobble said:

Ritualclarities guide is not a guide its just documentation written and presented from an almost disconnected viewpoint.  don't get me wrong i'm not having a pop at him.her but that guide will not be much use to anybody from loverslab trying to install aaf. kythanas guide has the most value right now for installing aaf as an adult orientated framework, tho it is on hold and needs a lil workaround or two, it actually deals with what you should be doing not just documenting the why of aaf

Tho I get why you need a disconnected viewpoint document since aaf is a framework for no nsfw stuff too

46 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Yeah i know he/she gave up because of the many updates of AAF and he/she was no more able to keep the pace. Unfortunately fo guide keepers (but fortunately for modders) AAF is upgrading at a steady pace, we need someone who takes care of a new up to date wiki, and maybe us modders and animators should start following some commonly accepted standards in doing things at least for sexual mods that use AAF, @EgoBallistic has already a nice idea for approaching sex consent, and that is a form of standard, another i.e. would be telling animators to not force roles to actors but only suggest them in their animation (i.e. i think (but i might be wrong) that Atomic Lust force the player to have the female role because assume the player to be female)

Anyone can create a guide that is greatly detailed and add many alternative mods and test those mods and get all the bugs out... If they have the Time. LOTS OF TIME, TONS OF TIME. If they don't mind giving up all their spare time testing each version of an update of all the supported and suggested mods and testing all the possibles and making sure all is good.

The guide was requested by Dargo and CG!. It was formatted and info given and modified to be as general and "open" as possible. As a "guide" not a direct tutorial which gives steps by steps with references and such on how to setup the AAF system.  Doing AAF is easy to set up detailed but due to the nature of what it can do.... the options and various mods both SFW and NSFW and such as well as all the alternate mods and such is just impossible. 

I believe people are mistaking my guide for a "tutorial" A tutorial is more in depth and detailed.. Guides are more general.

24 minutes ago, walkin said:

Well if you have a clean folder and need a guide I made one for complete beginners you're free to look at if you please.

Check his guide out.  I had a chance to look over what he was working on and he pointed out some pieces of info and such to update my guide. He is working on a more direct approach and being different author might have exactly what you are looking for.

Update.. he/she stated they were taking a break while things are settling down.  The problem with detailed tutorials for such a project is things are in constant flux and development (which is great!) and that makes keeping up with the options and such difficult and very time consuming and always run a risk of getting behind...

The guide was designed to be as stable and usable for everyone as much as possible from day one of any releases. If there any major changes (which has happened at least once before with how the system worked) I am usually informed well before with the Alphas and such and can work that info in so that it is ready for the newest of the newest. (however, yes, mostly focusing on the AAF itself and not the mods.)

10 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

don't make materials like that.

Excuse me, I don't remember having quoted you anywhere in the things i said. What means that text highlighted red? Not sure if that was for me or for the other user but Thanks for the unrequested lecturing about the difference between tutorial and guide btw ;)

11 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Excuse me, I don't remember having quoted you anywhere in the things i said. Thanks for the unrequested lecturing about the difference between tutorial and guide btw ;)

If you post on a public forum... .your comments are open for discussion. ;)

No problems, happy to help people understand the difference between a guide (which is more general and gives .. well guidance) and a Tutorial (which is more exact and detailed.)  however, that part wasn't specifically directed at you, more of a general purpose comment. Sorry, if it looked directed toward you. It wasn't my intent. (reading it a second time)

I have had a good look at his/her tutorial  and it has lots of good stuff in it. Very useful, shame that AAF and the related mods change so much that it is nigh near impossible to keep up with. Hopefully in time he/she can return to such task and help others again.

14 minutes ago, chinbobble said:

im balls deep in my game already after considering my own (highly outdated) aaf install guide and diversifying the commonwealth guide, and then using kythanas guide for the install for nsfw aaf and applying some workarounds, so I don't need a guide but the more guides the merrier if they are accurate so if you would like to link it i'll have a look see and offer feedback if I have any

My guide is kinda what Ritual has said. Its not a guide/tutorial on how every AAF related mod works or how to get it to work. My guide is just the basic info someone with little modding knowledge can use to help them get the program (AAF) going. Once it works with no errors then it is up to the user to do their homework on all the other mods they plan on using. I don't have the want or the time to even begin to deal with something like that. There are plenty of guides and threads that discuss all the other available mods and how to trouble shoot them.

6 minutes ago, chinbobble said:

honestly asidie from formatting issues (im not one to advise on those read my guide from time ago I literally don't give a shit and just post drunken shit for my own consumption a time later) such as oprhans and widows that need to be corrected in your doc so it easier to follow … you have honestly one of the better explanations of f4se since silverlock.org got rid of the auto installer.  but im not sure what this guide is. savages animations are listed in there yet savage has dependicies listed which aren't in your guide.

a basic basic new to modding aaf guide should be

new game

clean save

install cbbe

install evb 

install aaf

install compatibility patch to get willies pointing up and down

by adding in the other stuff your guide is alluding and touching on other stuff without really providing any support for the other stuff @walkin

I have no idea what you are talking about. You don't need anything beyond what I wrote to get it going. You don't want to use it don't use it. You talk like you know everything already, so I'm not sure why you would need a guide in the first place.

21 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Excuse me, I don't remember having quoted you anywhere in the things i said. What means that text highlighted red? Not sure if that was for me or for the other user but Thanks for the unrequested lecturing about the difference between tutorial and guide btw ;)

Used that as a separate reference as to why detailed tutorials for such a mod as AAF is extremely difficult. Not directed at you.

the post quoted above is about the guides provided for users not being useful and wanting more details. Just used your post to highlight the fact and to also let people understand that there is a difference between a guide and a tutorial...

The following isn't directed at @anghelos92 but instead directed at anyone that isn't satisfied by the work done by @forgets @walkin  or myself or any other that takes time out of their day to provide support, materials, guides, tutorials and such...

If anyone wants to take what I have created and edit it, format it, alter it, give more details to it. They are more than welcome to.  If someone wants to spend hours keeping up on all the tiny details necessary and do the work to keep a more detailed "tutorial" derived from what I have created.. they are more than welcome to do so.  If someone thinks they can do a better job than I... they are more than welcome to do so. 

you have savages pack in your list but no ref to '

Requires
AAF, AAF EVB Morphs (AAF Compatibility Patch), Contraptions Workshop, Nuka World, SSEX (Settlement Supplies Extended), Homemaker, Torture Devices, Prisoner Shackles'

^^ the required stuff. savages as well throw up an error or two without those. and I dint ask for a guide like I said before I used my own experience and kyathraas guide to get a good install, I asked y ou to link yours if you wanted feedback which you did, so I gave you feedback

Maybe you don't know as much as you think you do. You don't need any of those mods for his animations to work. They are just supported mods if you choose to use them. Not downloading them wont stop his animations from working. The compatability patch is in my guide and DLC is pretty much a given. Anyways I don't give enough of a fuck about this to continue going on. Feel free to continue with everybody else but for me the conversation is over. Have a nice day.

17 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Sorry, if it looked directed toward you. It wasn't my intent. (reading it a second time)

I apologize too i read it the wrong way, now i read it a second time too. Damn language barriers :)

edit: deleted one of my not useful posts above to clear space