9 hours ago, afrgfer said:

Just messed with my game more, it appears AAF isn't able to grab any of the animations. If I go to the admin menu it has them all there, but if I surrender via RSE or go to the scene menu I can't get any animations (RSE leaves me stuck in place and AAF does what was stated above)

Anyone know what I could try? The only thing I can think that I did was download Vader and Farelle anims but I already had patches and compatibility stuff downloaded and when I deleted the Vader and Farelle as a test nothing changed

I know that I messed up by one game by changing packs and mods in and out of my lineup. AAF would recognise all the animations, but refuse to run them. You could try a second "new game" and see if things are sorted..

19 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

Hi, not related to the quote...

I found and implemented the settings for the unequip rules overriding the default, it was a great addition and now kissing and hugging animations are done as they should, thank you!

Good to hear!

But "I hope you don't mind but I have another favor to ask"...

I see that you made available keywords for gender override, male and female, they're great and useful but I see that they are not discarded at the end of scene so i presume it's a way for aaf to permanently set an actor to a specific gender for AAF animations purposes...so my questions are:

- Is it possible to mark actors before sending them into aaf start scene with temporary keywords (removed on scene end) with the same purpose of the gender keywords already there, or make the actual keywords removed at scene end?

It would not be too difficult to add "oneTime" versions of these keywords. Though, it seems like that could be managed by mod developers by removing the keyword when an animation is over if that is what they want. I can consider it but am reluctant to add complexity to the API when other code solutions are available.

Why i am interested in this? Override genders can give much more flexibility to modders with the current animations, you see the majority of them require specific genders to be sent to the animation and while this is fine for me as a etero since most of them require a female actor[0] and a male actor [1] some animations would play fine even with two males or two females, i e. The atomic lust kissing can play fine with two males kissing but that animation can accept two males only overriding one of them as female since that animation requires a female and a male. I don't know if this requirement is enforced into Themes or in the animation xml itself but i would not use the aaf setting to override xml as that is a global setting and i whish a more "local" override for each started scene. :)

The better solution for this would be for animation creators to make additional gender combination XML for the animations that can work that way and make each set optionally available. Then the control of what happens in game stays in the users hands (typically through FOMOD options) and no exception handling is needed from the AAF code or preference handling code. The preference is essentially controlled by what the user chooses to install.

Edit: >>> Also there is another question regarding AAF Events, I have used the OnSceneInit, OnAnimationStart, OnAnimationStop and OnSceneEnd. I see that the OnSceneEnd and the OnAnimationStop have more or less the same returning arguments but OnSceneEnd doesn't return different arguments if the element[0] is not 0 so my question is: Does the OnSceneEnd always fire, even if the animation is not executed or the OnSceneInit element[0] return an int != 0 ? And if  the element[0] of the other events is != 0 do the subsequent events fire? I mean if OnAnimationStart element[0] is != 0 will the OnAnimationStop event fire at all? And If so Is it possible that the latter  element[0] will be 0 if it was != 0 in the OnAnimationStart? Sorry for all these absurd questions :P

Not an absurd question. Good questions. Even though I have to read it slowly even when I coded this logic. :D

There are at least some cases where OnSceneEnd fires even if OnSceneInit shows an error. Yes. It may be that it always fires once OnSceneInit fires. But, the code is large enough that I couldn't quickly confirm that 100%.

I am pretty sure that OnAnimationStop will not fire if OnAnimationStart shows an error. Instead, I believe it will just shut down the whole scene (and fire OnSceneEnd).

I actually couldn't find error handling for OnAnimationStart or OnAnimationStop (doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, its a lot of code to look at now). But, I think that it's set up to mainly handle errors with OnSceneInit. If the request passes the tests to avoid error in OnSceneInit, the rest should work ok.

18 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Am looking to cut back on my mods and animations. Does AAF even need pose packs and what do they offer?

No. AAF doesn't need pose packs. Generally, pose packs are used to make screenshots (ie. non-animated, single images of something happening in the Fallout 4 world).

They can also be useful for simple tests as mentioned.

One of the central ideas of AAF is that you can choose which animation (or pose) packs interest you and only install those. In this way, you can skip installing content that you aren't interested in. If you are just playing the game and not making screenshots, I don't see why you would want to have pose packs installed. And they can be large packs. So, its possible that having them installed creates some lag on slower machines.

12 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

How does one say I AM A DUMBASS in all of the different languages that frequent here. DO NOT DELETE LEITOS ANIMATIONS or else AAF does not work right. Thought I had too many animations and since I had seen Leitos stuff from the time of my XBOX days (console wild west period), thought I could do without. Screwed up my AAF till I thought to install Leitos again. Guess what! Everything works...Sorry for making up an issue..

Well. AAF can work without Leito's animations installed too. But, maybe you had it partially installed or have other mods that look for it.

8 hours ago, afrgfer said:

Just messed with my game more, it appears AAF isn't able to grab any of the animations. If I go to the admin menu it has them all there, but if I surrender via RSE or go to the scene menu I can't get any animations (RSE leaves me stuck in place and AAF does what was stated above)

Anyone know what I could try? The only thing I can think that I did was download Vader and Farelle anims but I already had patches and compatibility stuff downloaded and when I deleted the Vader and Farelle as a test nothing changed

It's difficult to tell what has happened based on your description. But, this symptom can occur when there are problems with the XML. So, I think maybe one of your XML packs is out of date or became messed up from editing, etc.

14 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

There are moments it feels as if my animations are being cut short no matter how long I set the sex act timer. Do the different animation packages actually have a default time that it should run for?

Yes. There is a default timer in the settings.

But, other mods have ways to control timing in the way that they call things in AAF. So, its up to them to configure this.

37 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

It would not be too difficult to add "oneTime" versions of these keywords. Though, it seems like that could be managed by mod developers by removing the keyword when an animation is over if that is what they want. I can consider it but am reluctant to add complexity to the API when other code solutions are available.

Thanks for the answer, yes the problem i encountered was my fault, i just forgot to register again for one of your event with the purpose of removing those keywords. Yes i agree better to not add more complexity!

44 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

There are at least some cases where OnSceneEnd fires even if OnSceneInit shows an error. Yes. It may be that it always fires once OnSceneInit fires. But, the code is large enough that I couldn't quickly confirm that 100%.

I am pretty sure that OnAnimationStop will not fire if OnAnimationStart shows an error. Instead, I believe it will just shut down the whole scene (and fire OnSceneEnd).

This is illuminating! Thank you :D

On 3/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, Tr45h0r said:

Hi,

i started a new game and now i have problems with AAF. My female main character changes his position normally when changing poses, but the male companion, for example, always stays in the starting position and doesn't change it anymore, even when changing poses. He also always keeps his weapon in his hand and does not unequip it. Unfortunately I didn't find anything and don't know why. I have already tried to disable all custom XMLs and also the theme mod, but without success.

As body I use BodyTalk2 and ZEX.

Is there already a solution?

On 3/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, Tr45h0r said:

Okay, thanks for your help. I will look into the companion and see what I can do. I'll let you know if it worked.

p.s. The priority of the quest is 45. There are exactly 4 scenes with 10 priority levels each.

p.s. I have halved each priority level and finally lowered the quest to 25 and now everything works as it should. Thank you Ego, your hints were accurate and target-aimed!

Hi guys,

unfortunately I have the same problem again, but this time I couldn't solve it by reducing the quest priority. I've reduced the quest to the absolute minimum, but the Custom Follower still stands around with the gun drawn and doesn't change his position any more. Maybe there is a solution now?

@dagobaking

How would I check that? I can play the animations individually via console still not sure if that would change anything

I'll also try a quick new game and see if it's just my current save that I fucked or if it's something bigger

5 hours ago, afrgfer said:

@dagobaking

How would I check that? I can play the animations individually via console still not sure if that would change anything

I'll also try a quick new game and see if it's just my current save that I fucked or if it's something bigger

Remove all AAF animation packs. Then re-install them incrementally and test each time.

5 hours ago, Zangetsu96 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm getting these errors in AAF when I go into the admin settings and I have no idea how to fix them so hopefully someone here can tell me 1 what causes these errors and 2 how I fix them 

ScreenShot1.png

078 means that some companion related features are turned off because you don't have the Unlimited Companion Framework mod installed.

080 means that an animation pack doesn't have correct timing data entered in the XML (I think this is Atomic lust?). AAF auto-corrects that issue. Its better if animation authors fix it. But, it should still work ok anyway.

@dagobaking well good to know that my game isn't broken then ^_^ I'm quite new to animation stuff at least in fallout 4 I had a fair few mods in Skyrim but for fallout its rather confusing even atomic lust confuses me I can't get the standing or hugging animations to work at all I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with that and I have packs installed such as Leito's and the vanilla sex AAF pack have I missed something? 

56 minutes ago, Zangetsu96 said:

@dagobaking well good to know that my game isn't broken then ^_^ I'm quite new to animation stuff at least in fallout 4 I had a fair few mods in Skyrim but for fallout its rather confusing even atomic lust confuses me I can't get the standing or hugging animations to work at all I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with that and I have packs installed such as Leito's and the vanilla sex AAF pack have I missed something? 

I use Sex Em Up mod to trigger my animations, so most of the animations offered are random. I do have a hug choice with SEU, and I have been able to use this. As to using the Home/Enter keys, I thought all of the animation choices showed up in menu and you could pick them? I also believe Atomic is only mod that has hugging?

@maddadicusrex I use SEU as well but with Atomic Lust I think Rufgt did add some M/F animations to it but for the life of me I can't trigger them at  all with AAF unless I'm mistaken on that end as I tried testing things out with Nate in sanctuary but hugging,kissing and others won't work for me so if its still F/F that would explain it 

15 minutes ago, Zangetsu96 said:

@maddadicusrex I use SEU as well but with Atomic Lust I think Rufgt did add some M/F animations to it but for the life of me I can't trigger them at  all with AAF unless I'm mistaken on that end as I tried testing things out with Nate in sanctuary but hugging,kissing and others won't work for me so if its still F/F that would explain it 

I actually disabled all my animation mods and test out AAF naked. Would not animate though SEU would trigger. Ended up with Atomic Lust ,Savage Cabbage, Leitos and the Vanilla Sex/Kinky/Creatures Theme pack. It seems you need more than one to trigger the most options. Since I play female character, Lesbian stuff is a necessity. 

1 minute ago, maddadicusrex said:

I actually disabled all my animation mods and test out AAF naked. Would not animate though SEU would trigger. Ended up with Atomic Lust ,Savage Cabbage, Leitos and the Vanilla Sex/Kinky/Creatures Theme pack. It seems you need more than one to trigger the most options. Since I play female character, Lesbian stuff is a necessity. 

I might ask Rufgt what the problem is then maybe its something I did or it might be something else but who knows AAF is also in beta at the moment so things are bound to happen and get fixed in time I've actually got Leito's packs installed and from memory I think Savage is still used for four play and I didn't install the patch for it 

15 minutes ago, Zangetsu96 said:

I might ask Rufgt what the problem is then maybe its something I did or it might be something else but who knows AAF is also in beta at the moment so things are bound to happen and get fixed in time I've actually got Leito's packs installed and from memory I think Savage is still used for four play and I didn't install the patch for it 

Found that I cannot activate animations without Atomic Lust. Will get hidden error message. Characters just do a shuffle. Also need the Vanilla/Kinky/Creature pack. Need Savage Cabbage for furniture animations. There is an AAF patch for Savage Cabbage. Decided not to use Crazys as his stuff seems pretty static versus most. And it was my only go to mod for Fore Play..Kinda wanted to try different.

6 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Found that I cannot activate animations without Atomic Lust. Will get hidden error message. Characters just do a shuffle. Also need the Vanilla/Kinky/Creature pack. Need Savage Cabbage for furniture animations. There is an AAF patch for Savage Cabbage. Decided not to use Crazys as his stuff seems pretty static versus most. And it was my only go to mod for Fore Play..Kinda wanted to try different.

I'll look into Savages mod and see how it goes but maybe Atomic lust needs me to progress further in the game and have a settlement for other options to work properly I have no idea as I'm fairly new to animation in fallout 4 I mostly did this kind of thing back in the skyrim days 

15 hours ago, afrgfer said:

@dagobakingLooks like one of my XMLs must've been improperly overwritten, did just that and everything is gtg again. Thanks man

Good to hear.

9 hours ago, Zangetsu96 said:

The hugging animations don't appear even through the wizard? There is a way to make animations "hidden" so that they don't appear in the wizard and can only be used if a mod author directly calls them by name in code. Not sure if that is how Rufgt set that up.

Another possibility is the gender combinations. Maybe you have it installed for one combination and not another.

33 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Good to hear.

The hugging animations don't appear even through the wizard? There is a way to make animations "hidden" so that they don't appear in the wizard and can only be used if a mod author directly calls them by name in code. Not sure if that is how Rufgt set that up.

Another possibility is the gender combinations. Maybe you have it installed for one combination and not another. 

Hi Dagobaking,

I did more tests regarding the use of AAF_GenderOverride keywords, I fixed the event and checked the handling of keywords, so the results are the following:

1. I added the keywords to the actor before calling the animation so that we make the aaf believe that in animations with more than an actor we always have one female, the actor[0] and the rest of actors are male, actors[1] and above;
  2. Animations are played as intended by the mod and many combinations are unlocked now, threesomes with 3 females or 2 females and a male etc, combinations that are not allowed by XMLs at the current time;
  3. On scene end event, or on scene init event if an error fires, all the AAF_GenderOverride keywords are removed from the actors involved in the scene;
  4. Personally checked that the keywords were removed by using the consolle command "HasKeyword" on each actor;
  5. Opening the AAF Manager and scanning for actors, they are however reported with the gender overridden (i.e. females as males if they had the keyword override for male) even if they don't have the keyword anymore;
  6. Starting a scene with the aaf manager in this state make those actor previously marked with the keyword but now removed still behave as their gender is still overridden;
  7. Saving the game, exit the game, reload the save made after using the keyword now removed: AAF Manager now correctly realise that those actors have no more those keywords.

So my question is, those gender overrides are stored somewhere for the current game sesssion? And is there a way to "refresh" the aaf after removing the keywords on scene end to make the AAF realise that those actors no more have the keywords?

I know that you said that it should be better setting more XML combinations for that but for the moment gender combinations especially for Omo but also for Threesomes are really strict, i.e many threesome requires always two males but they could be also good with a male and two females one of which has a strapon equipped etc... but returning on the matter, I am not here to reopen this discussion because I also agree on the XML solution, it was just to let you know because maybe this current behaviour was not what you intended.

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Good to hear.

I ended up doing a complete reinstall of the game and vortex and then adding AAF after the unofficial patch so far so good now I've added more mods underneath AAF itself so I'll be testing in a bit but no the atomic lust hugging animation never showed up for me at all I have all races selected in Atomic lust but we shall see if not then I have no idea what the issue is as far as I know I did everything right maybe the game just hates me? :P

5 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

So my question is, those gender overrides are stored somewhere for the current game sesssion? And is there a way to "refresh" the aaf after removing the keywords on scene end to make the AAF realise that those actors no more have the keywords?

Hm. Yeah. This happens because once AAF loads information about an actor into memory during a game session it doesn't do it again (so that it runs more efficiently). I will have to look into ways for it to react to those keyword changes better. Could be a little tricky...

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

There are a number of animation that do not have sound. Is there generic sound mod that can be loaded to fix this?

The animation authors would typically need to add the sounds to their files. Others can't do it unless they have the animation source files.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu96 said:

I ended up doing a complete reinstall of the game and vortex and then adding AAF after the unofficial patch so far so good now I've added more mods underneath AAF itself so I'll be testing in a bit but no the atomic lust hugging animation never showed up for me at all I have all races selected in Atomic lust but we shall see if not then I have no idea what the issue is as far as I know I did everything right maybe the game just hates me? :P

You should try adding Atomic Lust with only its minimum requirements installed first. If that doesn't work, you should probably check with @Rufgt as he may have seen this before or can verify if it's working for him.

9 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Hm. Yeah. This happens because once AAF loads information about an actor into memory during a game session it doesn't do it again (so that it runs more efficiently). I will have to look into ways for it to react to those keyword changes better. Could be a little tricky...

The animation authors would typically need to add the sounds to their files. Others can't do it unless they have the animation source files.

You should try adding Atomic Lust with only its minimum requirements installed first. If that doesn't work, you should probably check with @Rufgt as he may have seen this before or can verify if it's working for him.

Alrighty ( can you tell I'm Australian just from that?) what I'll try is I'll uninstall and reinstall AL ( Atomic Lust) and just chuck its minimum requirements on and test it once I start the game with the games preset body if not then I'm at a loss 

5 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Just because I disable an animation pack does not mean AAF will ignore those animations? Do I then have to manual delete all animation pack files for those I have disabled?

When I disable an animation pack in MO2 it does omit the files (ie causing AAF to "ignore" those animations).

Maybe other mod managers are different. Or, you have the same animations installed more than once via patches or something...?