4 hours ago, VonHelton said:

I do not wish to deny you the SHEER JOY I had, so here's how to repeat it:

Go into NMM or MO & uncheck/disable AAF & any/all dependencies. (Animation mods, SEU, FPE, etc)

Go into the game & save.

Go BACK into NMM or MO & turn everything back on.

Go back into the game & enjoy!

?

Anyone with a shred of commonsense would avoid doing this unless they want to break their save or just don't care about using said save for anything other than sex stuff.  

1 hour ago, Gulfwulf said:

It uses F4SE, so that's probably what you're thinking of, DK. As for the rest, I can understand not wanting a MCM entry since you already have external files to handle that.

Its hard for me to explain as I don't want to sound like I'm knocking someone elses approach. Its just my 10 cents.

I just personally don't like to re-do settings with each new game. When testing during development or adding new mods it is especially tedious. With text config, you have a static, external file. Once you customize, you dont need to change until/unless the settings file is updated. The defaults are all right there and easily changeable any time. And there is opportunity for some more advanced settings handling like stacking (which AAF allows. not sure if anyone uses?). You can make your own custom settings file for AAF just like a Bethesda ini where it only has the settings you want to change. Put that in a custom mod dir and you then barely even need to pay attention to settings file changes.

1 hour ago, Simquisitor said:

Anyone with a shred of commonsense would avoid doing this unless they want to break their save or just don't care about using said save for anything other than sex stuff.  

Nice excuse..........The truth is, the ONLY way to find out if AAF is causing problems or not is to disable it & see if the quest runs or not.

?

5 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Nice excuse..........The truth is, the ONLY way to find out if AAF is causing problems or not is to disable it & see if the quest runs or not.

That wouldn't be an example of AAF causing problems. That is an example of outside decisions breaking AAF.

The ability to turn AAF off and on in unexpected orders is not a feature.

2 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

That wouldn't be an example of AAF causing problems. That is an example of outside decisions breaking AAF.

The ability to turn AAF off and on in unexpected orders is not a feature.

Ok, I'm REALLY confused.........How do you find out if AAF is causing a problem in the game?

?

6 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Ok, I'm REALLY confused.........How do you find out if AAF is causing a problem in the game?

If a completed feature doesn't do what is expected. Like equipment items being duplicated by the equipment manager for example.

There are a million ways to break a save that AAF wouldnt even be technically capable of addressing. When you save the game without AAF, Bethesda has a vanilla process that tries to "fix" missing links, etc. But, it doesn't always work quite right, leaving some remnants. So, that is probably why it stops working in that use-flow. You can probably get things back on track with Fallrim tools and then re-introduce AAF.

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

If a completed feature doesn't do what is expected. Like equipment items being duplicated by the equipment manager for example.

There are a million ways to break a save that AAF wouldnt even be technically capable of addressing. When you save the game without AAF, Bethesda has a vanilla process that tries to "fix" missing links, etc. But, it doesn't always work quite right, leaving some remnants. So, that is probably why it stops working in that use-flow. You can probably get things back on track with Fallrim tools and then re-introduce AAF.

That's not what I asked, and the save isn't broken, and even if it was, I made 2 new ones after it. So no, it's NOT a broken save. Every mod I own, even UI mods, will NOT go haywire if I disable them & reinable them. Only AAF does this, pointing to an internal problem.

When I have a quest that won't run, I disable AAF to see if it's the culprit. 9 times out of 10, the quest will run after AAF is disabled.

"Duty Or Dishonor" refused to run. Clark would NOT go to the Airport Basement, no matter how long I waited.

I disabled AAF, and Clark went to the basement just fine. After he was in the basement, I reinabled AAF & continued on with my quest.

But after reinabling AAF, I got tons of random error messages from AAF. Error messages that I know were not true, because I had no errors previously.

Thus, it's an AAF problem, not a mod problem or a broken save. Now having said that, I've noticed that this problem has become less & less, so you have fixed it to a degree, but I think there's something else internally that hasn't been found. You can tell when it goes haywire because the white text will be duplicated over itself, clearly pointing to an internal function of AAF itself.

The hard part of figuring out this problem is that it's not always the same quests. One install of AAF may run Duty or Dishonor just fine, but on someone else's rig, it's broken. Another person might have "Call To Arms" quest broken, but another person runs it just fine.

I was a beta tester for Genie, Prodigy, AOL, Procom Plus, as well as numerous games, and more recently, business software. Sadly, I wish my modding was as good as my troubleshooting.

?

5 hours ago, Badtanker said:

I get that with marcy when she is using i do believe is a  ks hair Ciri 

Well I'll be! Turns out that you are correct! I never used that hair, I always skipped over it. On my rig, the hair causes Ciri to disappear.

But, I do get to see it stretch before she's gone. No idea why that hair does it & others do not.

?

43 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

That's not what I asked, and the save isn't broken, and even if it was, I made 2 new ones after it. So no, it's NOT a broken save. Every mod I own, even UI mods, will NOT go haywire if I disable them & reinable them. Only AAF does this, pointing to an internal problem.

Most mods are not as script-dependent as AAF. UI mods usually don't need to save iterative information to rebuild things the way AAF does.

To see what I am talking about, check your log after loading up the game after uninstalling AAF. You will see tons of messages from the engine attempting to patch up loose ends that are in the save but can no longer be connected to AAF since it was removed.

The problem is that this process does not always patch up properly. So, you end up with variables from your save with the previous AAF left around. When you try to re-install, those old variables conflict with a fresh install.

When I have a quest that won't run, I disable AAF to see if it's the culprit. 9 times out of 10, the quest will run after AAF is disabled.

For the reason I explain above that is not a good way to test. It may reveal some information. But, it has a chance of introducing bugs from the auto-fix process (a bad save) that have nothing to do with the soundness of the mods being looked at. If you must try it, the best way to continue where you left off is not to save and then re-install. It is to load a save that you did with the mod installed after re-activating the mod.

"Duty Or Dishonor" refused to run. Clark would NOT go to the Airport Basement, no matter how long I waited.

I disabled AAF, and Clark went to the basement just fine. After he was in the basement, I reinabled AAF & continued on with my quest.

But after reinabling AAF, I got tons of random error messages from AAF. Error messages that I know were not true, because I had no errors previously.

Since the last quest fix I have not had one other report of broken quests. But, anything is possible. If anyone can test Duty Or Dishonor with AAF installed to double-check what is happening, it would be appreciated.

Thus, it's an AAF problem, not a mod problem or a broken save. Now having said that, I've noticed that this problem has become less & less, so you have fixed it to a degree, but I think there's something else internally that hasn't been found. You can tell when it goes haywire because the white text will be duplicated over itself, clearly pointing to an internal function of AAF itself.

What you describe only reinforces the point I am making. The white text duplicating happens because AAF is being loaded twice. This is due to a broken save.

The hard part of figuring out this problem is that it's not always the same quests. One install of AAF may run Duty or Dishonor just fine, but on someone else's rig, it's broken. Another person might have "Call To Arms" quest broken, but another person runs it just fine.

Can you point to other people that have reported this?

I was a beta tester for Genie, Prodigy, AOL, Procom Plus, as well as numerous games, and more recently, business software. Sadly, I wish my modding was as good as my troubleshooting.

I respect your testing experience and appreciate your observations. But, even the best testers and developers can be thrown off by appearances from time to time.

2 hours ago, VonHelton said:

This is exactly what one would expect, and what Dagobaking is talking about above.  When you uninstall AAF, you leave all kinds of references in your save.  Some of those references do not get cleaned up.  When you reinstall AAF later, those references remain broken and do not automatically start pointing to the new AAF.  So, congratulations, you now have a broken AAF.

As far as your specific issue with Duty or Dishonor, I have never been able to reproduce any quest errors that were blamed on AAF since the quest bug fix that was introduced way back in Beta 4. 

I went back and found a save from before doing Duty or Dishonor, loaded it up, and played through the quest.  No issues at all.  Traveled to the Prydwen, gave Danse a little show, talked to Kells and got the quest, went to the warehouse, talked to Lucia, tracked Clarke down to the basement, got him to turn himself in, killed the ghouls, got the armor, completed the quest.

Fallout4 2018-10-17 05-25-42-38.jpgFallout4 2018-10-17 05-28-16-22.jpg

Fallout4 2018-10-17 05-56-51-70.jpgFallout4 2018-10-17 06-08-43-74.jpg

11 hours ago, dagobaking said:

That could be. From memory, it seems like mods that use it are always waiting for it to update before releasing new versions.

But, my approach to UX for AAF is to not include in-game settings unless they need live visual feedback. I like the advantages of keeping that kind of config in text / XML / ini format.

That sounds like a way to break a save...?

The remove_pipboy setting became broken. I fixed it already. So, will be available in future builds.

12 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

There is guides that have various links for support included here.

Thanks to both!

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

As far as your specific issue with Duty or Dishonor, I have never been able to reproduce any quest errors that were blamed on AAF since the quest bug fix that was introduced way back in Beta 4. 

Just another experience from another person. In the last game I'm playing I had a lot of broken quests, from Nick Valentine, to Piper, to 3-4 in FH, then Sierra in NW, etc.etc. It was a continuous issue, and again, and again... I spent so much time on console to workaround them and still had to give up to some minor secondaries. I didn't know about AAF alias thing, I was blaming the frailty of the game, it can be both, it can be other mods. Since the fix for quests, I never had anymore issues, not even a single one, and I'm still actively playing and questing. Sadly I can't try that specific quest to confirm, but I really feel my problems are solved. I also know for sure that vanilla can bug easily even without mods, I played through 2 entire vanilla games and it was a mess, for me it's the worst FO experience concerning bugs compared to the past, especially looking at how the quests were definetely dumbed down.

A small note about testing and thinking a mod is responsible for an issue because unticking it the problem is solved. Shuffling/capsiding the Load Order sometimes solves many problems too, this absolutely doesn't mean it's a LO problem and it shouldn't ever be touched. Not doing the right thing now would mean having an unplayable situation after 100 hours maybe, but often in the immediate we don't see differences and we think we didn't do anything bad... I've learnt in Skyrim on my own skin, so many games I had to quit at mid levels due to CTD every minute.

I got the dreaded Freeze on load bug .... After a lot of trial and errors I finally found out that AAF is the cause.

After disabling AAF the freeze stopped happening  but I still get animations loading after I load then error ... I click ok and continue playing.

Now I just want to uninstall and clean my save. How can I correctly uninstall AAF? I tried uninstalling atomic lust and all AAF animation mods as well as RSE and every mod that I recall uses AAF but still I get that error and animation loading after each save load.

On 10/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, A.J. said:

By the way: if you'll have a chance, please let me know if you think some translations are not understable or could be done in a different way.

You have to excuse me I can not use AFF in full of its potential.
And only there to make me play the animations, for now only violated, hoping that they increase the mods that require it.

I would have preferred a manager with the menu mcm, like the old way.

I broke AAF and I can't seem to fix it. I bought the Border Collie and Transdogrifier on CC, then used FO4Edit to change Dogmeat's name to my own dog's name... I didn't realise, but it made my plugins.txt read-only again and disabled some ESM mods including AAF and Sim Settlements. I played a bunch of hours and saved a few times along the way before I realised something was wrong (I was exploring the Glowing Sea so I hadn't returned to a settlement or tried to trigger AAF).

I fixed the plugins.txt, fixed my load order, but now AAF won't initialise on that character. And I don't have a save from before I did the dog thing (Survival only keeps 2x Saves plus the Exit Save). I know that AAF still works because I can load my two other characters and watch it initialise all the XMLs and animations, it just won't do that on my current playthrough anymore.

Is there some manual/console way to trigger that process or to reset AAF?

40 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

You might be able to fix things with Fallrim tools. Check out the guides for more info on that.

Yeah I already cleaned the unattached instances, just forgot to mention it. Is there something more advanced that I could try with Fallrim Tools? How is that initialization process triggered? As a quest?

hello,

i am newb here both to fallout and modded game, pls help

i hv a problem i dont know what i missed during aaf instlallation.

playing male ss

i install 1. aaf+pre requirement

2. leito and crazy

3. polistiro patch

this is the screen shot of the problem and the load order.

also my FO4 ver 1.10.106 , f4se and SLM match.

also another related question, when undress normal & during animation with dogmeat (to test if it works), my ss still wear the white underwear with his genitalia sticking out (flacid), what should i do to make my ss fully naked, do i hv to install any nude body mod ? if so, what male body mod that work well with aaf ?

i am sorry for my bad english, and tyvm for the response

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg