45 minutes ago, Pazz2 said:

I think tcl doesn't work, because AAF doesn't use free/fly camera. Like Sulphur.4724 said. If I could find a way to disable the camera AAF uses during animations, I can then use tfc and tcl to do my own thing. Otherwise, I have to use the body types that the animators intended, which are usually muscular bodybuilder guy and skinny girl. Which are 2 things I'm not attracted to. 

You don't have to disable the camera, just run tfc while the animation is playing. This will move the camera back to wherever the player was when you started the animation.  Then issue your other commands, then tfc again to move camera back to where you had it in AAF.  Unfortunately, even if you can run tcl, it doesn't help; the actors still move back into position.  I was able to do this:

click on the actor to select

tfc

tcl

modpos X 10

tfc

When I typed tcl it gave me the "Collision -> Off" message so I know it worked.  Nonetheless when I closed the console they went right back to their animation position.  I tried setrestrained 1 but that had no effect, and tai (toggle AI) stopped the animation AND they still moved back into place.  Kind of stumped on this one.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

You don't have to disable the camera, just run tfc while the animation is playing. This will move the camera back to wherever the player was when you started the animation.  Then issue your other commands, then tfc again to move camera back to where you had it in AAF.  Unfortunately, even if you can run tcl, it doesn't help; the actors still move back into position.  I was able to do this:

click on the actor to select

tfc

tcl

modpos X 10

tfc

When I typed tcl it gave me the "Collision -> Off" message so I know it worked.  Nonetheless when I closed the console they went right back to their animation position.  I tried setrestrained 1 but that had no effect, and tai (toggle AI) stopped the animation AND they still moved back into place.  Kind of stumped on this one.

This is indeed the problem I have now. I'm also unable to click on my main character. It's like I'm technically in first person mode, but using the camera from AAF. When I use tfc, I get some sort of hybrid mode. ?

This method does work on Four Play, or anything other than AAF.

Hi again , i find how to generate name it's AAF_nameData.xml

good it does not seem to be important .

with the pnj and settlers when the mod is not activated, in order to have the same name !

if I select Curie, for example, his name would appear as Curie
if I select me, my name would appear
if i select settlers, his name "settler" change to .."female_nickname" data="Drahira"  for exemple.

but I'm looking for a mod  who gives new names with similar file name list.xml , after , I manage for change it.

If anyone know .

Thanks

3 hours ago, Pazz2 said:

This is indeed the problem I have now. I'm also unable to click on my main character. It's like I'm technically in first person mode, but using the camera from AAF. When I use tfc, I get some sort of hybrid mode. ?

This method does work on Four Play, or anything other than AAF.

the free camera is currently the key wasd for qwerty user of the workshop to move freely , or always run for azerty user

7 hours ago, Pazz2 said:

I think tcl doesn't work, because AAF doesn't use free/fly camera. Like Sulphur.4724 said. If I could find a way to disable the camera AAF uses during animations, I can then use tfc and tcl to do my own thing. Otherwise, I have to use the body types that the animators intended, which are usually muscular bodybuilder guy and skinny girl. Which are 2 things I'm not attracted to.

AAF uses the fly camera through LLFP. Even if disabled, you would not be able to do your own thing because AAF is applying its own methods to prevent actors from falling out of alignment. tcl would do nothing without disabling other mechanics which would then break everything.

You can make men and women of different sizes in FO4 and their "parts" would still line up due to using the same skeletons. I hope you are not trying to align non-adult characters?

6 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

This is because AAF applies a node translation "animation" on every character toward the coordinates they are supposed to be at. This happens while the more apparent animations take place and prevents the actors from getting pushed out of position. It's a technique borrowed from Sexlab.

2 hours ago, NoxOculis said:

Hi again , i find how to generate name it's AAF_nameData.xml

good it does not seem to be important .

with the pnj and settlers when the mod is not activated, in order to have the same name !

if I select Curie, for example, his name would appear as Curie
if I select me, my name would appear
if i select settlers, his name "settler" change to .."female_nickname" data="Drahira"  for exemple.

but I'm looking for a mod  who gives new names with similar file name list.xml , after , I manage for change it.

If anyone know .

Thanks

I am not sure that I follow your meaning exactly. I have also wanted to change the names as they appear in the vanilla rollover. But, in my searching, there does not appear to be a way to do that dynamically with code. This is because the code way of changing names applies to the actors base form. So, if you change the name of one settler, it changes all settlers names to that one name.

There are unique settler name mods. But, from the little research I have done into those, it looks like they accomplish that with form changes in the CK. That solution wouldn't work for me in AAF because I want the names given via loaded XML files to apply and that has to be done through code.

It seems that an F4SE plugin would be needed to do it right. But, I would love to learn that I'm mistaken and that there is a way.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

AAF uses the fly camera through LLFP. Even if disabled, you would not be able to do your own thing because AAF is applying its own methods to prevent actors from falling out of alignment. tcl would do nothing without disabling other mechanics which would then break everything.

You can make men and women of different sizes in FO4 and their "parts" would still line up due to using the same skeletons. I hope you are not trying to align non-adult characters?...

That explains why tcl didn't work. And removing that LLFP camera will destroy the mod?

With CabbageSavage animation pack, the actors are too far apart.

With Leito's animation pack, there's also an alignment problem, but not as much as with Cabbage. You can test this by having a male and female use a cowgirl animation. With the man setscale to 0.95, you see that she's humping under his penis. More like the thighs instead.

So that's what's going on. While AAF works better than Four Play, the fact that all my actors are stuck in place, limits the experience too much for me to like this mod.

I hope this can be changed in the future in some way.

14 minutes ago, Pazz2 said:

That explains why tcl didn't work. And removing that LLFP camera will destroy the mod?

The LLFP camera is not what forces the position of the actors. And yes, removing the code that forces the positions would destroy the mod. The actors would push each other out of alignment, they would slide away from furnitures, etc.

With Leito's animation pack, there's also an alignment problem, but not as much as with Cabbage. You can test this by having a male and female use a cowgirl animation. With the man setscale to 0.95, you see that she's humping under his penis. More like the thighs instead.

As noted before, there is a setting to autoscale actors so that they match height. Then the animations will be in perfect alignment. A .05 height change during animations is barely (if at all) noticeable. It is how 0Sex worked.

So that's what's going on. While AAF works better than Four Play, the fact that all my actors are stuck in place, limits the experience too much for me to like this mod.

A way forward has been afforded to you. You can make sets of XML files with the position adjustments you are asking for.

What this seems to come down to is that you want something outside of the most typical use case for the mod. But, you want me to put extra time in to make it work for that case instead of you putting some time in to do the same thing. If it's what you want, I think it is fair to ask that you put the time in on settings for it.

29 minutes ago, Pazz2 said:

it would technically be possible to create a system that makes sure that alignment is always close to correct even with wildly different actor sizes but it would be complex and prone to errors hence why most animation frameworks usually even the actor height by defaulting it to 1.00 and revert this afterwards.
in my opinion it's better to have animations just work instead of adding methods to fix/reallign things.

2 hours ago, riot_punch said:

I just installed the IKAROS body mod, can someone explain how to make AAF detect the new race?

You need to do two things:

one, add this line to your AAF_raceData.xml file:

<race id="Ikaros" source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" form="01000F99"/>

Two, create a new file called AAF_actorTypeData_IKAROS.xml containing the following:

<meta title="AAF_actorTypeData_IKAROS.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="actorType"/>
<defaults source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" loadPriority="-1"/>

<!-- Keyword(s) to use for actor scan. -->
<group id="Ikaros">
    <actorType form="01000F9B" id="ActorTypeIKAROS"/>
</group>

The form IDs above are from the 1.3 version of the mod, which is what I tested with.  The Ikaros race still uses the human skeleton and is a modified CBBE body so most animations work fine.

781952423_Fallout42018-09-1121-46-10-80.thumb.jpg.30809efbfb257588f4ff713f14c15379.jpg2061777866_Fallout42018-09-1122-10-13-62.thumb.jpg.f741cc02d1408ccb3e56fbd09f79b63c.jpg

Please excuse these rather noobie questions. First is, the thing I loved about Four-play was that it choose what animation to play. My question is, does AAF do the same thing?

Also I know that many of the animations are for fe/male or a variation. The next question is, how do I select my character to be (um) in the female position with another female?

I have read the installation guild, but something isn't entirely clear for me and that is when I do install AAF do I need to install FP as well? And if I do, where do I put AAF on top of FP or under it.

I am soon getting another up to date laptop, so I can update to the latest runtime. Until then, I have pretty much stopped for a bit. These are some of the questions I have.

1 hour ago, AngelPhoenix69 said:

Please excuse these rather noobie questions. First is, the thing I loved about Four-play was that it choose what animation to play. My question is, does AAF do the same thing?

You can choose animations to play through the wizard in AAF. If the animation is triggered by another mod through the API, it is up to that mod to give you control or not over the choice of animation.

Also I know that many of the animations are for fe/male or a variation. The next question is, how do I select my character to be (um) in the female position with another female?

You can modify the XML for any animation that you install and switch around which actors get assigned to which idle animations.

I have read the installation guild, but something isn't entirely clear for me and that is when I do install AAF do I need to install FP as well? And if I do, where do I put AAF on top of FP or under it.

You do not need to install FP as well.

1 hour ago, TsxA said:

Hi and thanks for the great job. So as I see in the Wiki, Home button stopped working in my game. Then I started a new game and It worked normally. Is there any fix for this already? I do really want to use AAF in my saved game.

Updating AAF on a save can sometimes break things. In most cases people are able to fix that with Fallrim tools. I don't know what the steps are because I haven't used it.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

You can choose animations to play through the wizard in AAF. If the animation is triggered by another mod through the API, it is up to that mod to give you control or not over the choice of animation.

You can modify the XML for any animation that you install and switch around which actors get assigned to which idle animations.

You do not need to install FP as well.

Updating AAF on a save can sometimes break things. In most cases people are able to fix that with Fallrim tools. I don't know what the steps are because I haven't used it.

Thank you for answering my questions :). When you say wizard is that the install window from a mod manager? Also I wish I knew coding :( I wouldn't try and alter a code. I do know what an XML file is, but I have a fear of changing something, then everything breaks. The closest to coding I know of is with Powershell and I am fairly confident on Command Line.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Just wanted to give a shout out to the community. AAF would be a pile of useless ones and zeros if not for the content makers, guide makers and folks who help each other figure out how to use it.

Your comraderie is impressive!

We're a tough bunch of folks........Always have been, always will be.

?

4 minutes ago, moddyguy said:

Hi recently got back to put together a new load order.

Anyone experienced player male not undressing recently?  still figuring out what went wrong.

need to read up how to enable debugging again.

tested with leito animation and thru home button and AAF SEU

I have AAF installed with unequip everything and all npc types.  I tested on one male and one female human.

latest everything.

I think you've installed a patch or proxie that wasn't needed........

?

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

You need to do two things:

one, add this line to your AAF_raceData.xml file:

<race id="Ikaros" source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" form="01000F99"/>

Two, create a new file called AAF_actorTypeData_IKAROS.xml containing the following:

<meta title="AAF_actorTypeData_IKAROS.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="actorType"/>
<defaults source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" loadPriority="-1"/>

<!-- Keyword(s) to use for actor scan. -->
<group id="Ikaros">
    <actorType form="01000F9B" id="ActorTypeIKAROS"/>
</group>

8 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Remember to back them up too because they will be overwritten if you update AAF later :)

Thanks guys, gonna try it out now.