4 hours ago, Pazz2 said:

With Four Play, I can align the actors with console commands.

With the Community Patch I can use hotkeys.

But with AAF, I can't do this. Which limits my experience.

Fourplay is dead. I'm not saying you don't have a good idea, you do. I'd like to see those controls too. But fourplay has lived it's life and has passed on to the next. AAF is just a toddler at the moment but everyone wants a program that is aged and mature. Well, dago does to. We all do. But in order to be old and wise, one must first be young and foolish. It has to go through it's progression and comparing it to fourplay is, well, I used fourplay for a minute. It's no AAF.

Give it time man. The guy has his own storyboard for how he wants it to work and how to get it there. Give the ol' boya minute eh?

58 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

Give the ol' boya minute eh?

I don't need to..........Thusfar, my AAF-Only build is humming along, no proxies & no patches, not even the Leito & Crazy Patch!

?

The brand new AAFSEU & AAFFPE are both working wonderfully, and I want to do some major quests before I give this build a green light, but I CAN tell you that raiders were at Concorde, so that's VERY encouraging!

?

EDIT: And we strip & re-equip our clothes JUST FINE.........!!

?

7 hours ago, Pazz2 said:

Editing xml files is a much much slower process, since I'm still experimenting with certain height and body types. Which means I have to start an animation, see how they align. Exit the game. Edit the xml file. Start the game. See how they align. Etc. Etc.

Editing the XML for this is a much faster process than me programming that feature.

A per actor movement control in AAF would be far more work than it was in FourPlay because it involves a GUI and more than 2 actors. So, a way to switch between actors and represent that visually would need to be made.

So, the equation is: lots of work for an edge case situation that already has another solution. If this were a day job, I would look at it differently. But, this equation puts this feature behind many others on the to-do list.

Ok, I can confirm that morphs applied through looks menu are displayed by AAF during animations. 

This is with all modded game. However, the morphs applied by the code are only displayed in game, but not during animations. So if somebody is interested only in making pictures, you are good to go, just go slm 14, set $PregnantBelly to whatever you want an dont forget to turn camera ON. If you are interested in gaming, well, I do not know. Since you have to set the slider manually every time.

Dago, sorry for bothering you. If it can not be done, it can not be done. We will just turn ON you imagination.  Because we all here are the rare freaks with too much imagination anyway, we will survive somehow (as always). 

Pic3.jpg

6 minutes ago, L36812180234 said:

Ok, I can confirm that morphs applied through looks menu are displayed by AAF during animations. 

This is with all modded game. However, the morphs applied by the code are only displayed in game, but not during animations. So if somebody is interested only in making pictures, you are good to go, just go slm 14, set $PregnantBelly to whatever you want an dont forget to turn camera ON. If you are interested in gaming, well, I do not know. Since you have to set the slider manually every time.

Dago, sorry for bothering you. If it can not be done, it can not be done. We will just turn ON you imagination.  Because we all here are the rare freaks with too much imagination anyway, we will survive somehow (as always). 

I looked into this for a couple hours this morning, and it is as you say. If your character gets pregnant through aaf_fpe and you have sex after the body makes it's changes they will not be copied over to the doppelganger during the sex scene. I spoke with dagobaking about it this morning and this is my take on his position.

fpe is not dago's mod. It's not his responsibility to bring it in line with AAF. There are a gazillion mods out there, it would take him a while to do each one. Even if it is popular. If you make a new save, make a character, let her out of the start up sequence but still there in the bathroom with your spouse, use slm to adjust your character and start some shit, THOSE morphs are copied over, so as far as dago's responsibility for this goes it ends right there. I tried it. Working as intended.

fpe obviously handles the PC differently as it was written with fourplay in mind. Not AAF. Using the PC itself caused major issues that the doppelganger was the fix for. Without it AAF doesn't work the way it does now, if at all. This is an occupational hazard. It's unfortunate, but unavoidable. If we want fpe to work the way we want it to then one of US is gonna have to take that girl on. Dagobaking has his hands full with AAF itself.

Now this is not me speaking for Dagobaking. This is me giving you my interpretation of our discussion. He can clarify if I've got it wrong.

But I know the guy a little bit. He doesn't like it either I bet, but his focus is, and needs to be, on AAF itself. And this doesn't appear to be an AAF issue.

I'm with ya man. Maybe someone with some know  how will give her a go. I don't know enough about it to try . . . :(

11 minutes ago, L36812180234 said:

I'd like it to work also. That is the intention of that feature. It's just that there isn't anything for me to change in AAF in this particular case. The test with sliders shows that the functions for morphs are set up right.

I am leaning toward this being a bug in Looksmenu. Morph changes made through code may not be recorded properly like the slider ones are.

But, I think that a more narrow, simple test needs to be made before asking for Expired's time to look at it. In case there is something outside of Looksmenu causing it.

9 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

I'm with ya man. Maybe someone with some know  how will give her a go. I don't know enough about it to try . . . :(

So basically, all we need is a line of code in FPE pointing to the female player.

Unfortunately, I have no clue how to do that or it'd already be done.

?

EDIT: Female Player's Doppelganger......

The AAF FPE code looks right.  It's pretty simple really, there are three calls to BodyGen.SetMorph() to alter the body shape, and then a call to BodyGen.UpdateMorphs() to update any worn armor to the new body shape.  The morph names are correct, and there aren't any other applicable functions in the BodyGen API that FPE is not calling.

And we already know that AAF correctly transfers morphs to the doppelganger body.

So I agree with Dagobaking, this is either a LooksMenu bug or something interfering with Looksmenu somehow.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Editing the XML for this is a much faster process than me programming that feature.

A per actor movement control in AAF would be far more work than it was in FourPlay because it involves a GUI and more than 2 actors. So, a way to switch between actors and represent that visually would need to be made.

So, the equation is: lots of work for an edge case situation that already has another solution. If this were a day job, I would look at it differently. But, this equation puts this feature behind many others on the to-do list.

The community patch hotkeys was just an example. I can do without, when using the console commands "tcl" (ToggleCollision) and "tfc"(ToggleFreeCamera). However, something is preventing the tcl command to work properly.

Could you please explain to me what I need to change, in order to make that work again? Or is this also a big thing? I don't know anything about modding.

Thanks for the replies all.

I think I see what the problem is.

AAF copies morphs with keyword None. If FPE assigns a different keyword, it may not be picked up.

Keywords are sometimes assigned to morphs so that when the mod gets uninstalled the morphs go away with it.

@EgoBallistic can you confirm whether or not FPE is assigning a keyword? If it is, it might be fixed by changing that to "None". Although, that would have the side effect of leaving morphs in place after FPE is uninstalled.

1 minute ago, Pazz2 said:

The community patch hotkeys was just an example. I can do without, when using the console commands "tcl" (ToggleCollision) and "tfc"(ToggleFreeCamera). However, something is preventing the tcl command to work properly.

Could you please explain to me what I need to change, in order to make that work again? Or is this also a big thing? I don't know anything about modding.

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm still not sure what tcl does or why it is needed in the context of AAF?

10 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I think I see what the problem is.

AAF copies morphs with keyword None. If FPE assigns a different keyword, it may not be picked up.

Keywords are sometimes assigned to morphs so that when the mod gets uninstalled the morphs go away with it.

@EgoBallistic can you confirm whether or not FPE is assigning a keyword? If it is, it might be fixed by changing that to "None". Although, that would have the side effect of leaving morphs in place after FPE is uninstalled.

There is another BodyGen function to get all keywords. I added that to the copy routine. So, it should now copy every morph no matter what keyword was used. In theory, that should fix this.

16 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I think TFC was Skyrim. Not sure.

tfc is "toggle free camera." It doesn't work for sex scenes because you are still in there (if I understand CG!'s explanations, which is questionable.) So you're not in complete tfc or something. He explains it a lot better than I do but that free camera is not quite the same as the tfc free camera.

tcl makes it so you can walk through stuff, or on stuff, you normally wouldn't be able to.

15 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I'm still not sure what tcl does or why it is needed in the context of AAF?

14 hours ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

tfc is "toggle free camera." It doesn't work for sex scenes because you are still in there (if I understand CG!'s explanations, which is questionable.) So you're not in complete tfc or something. He explains it a lot better than I do but that free camera is not quite the same as the tfc free camera.

tcl makes it so you can walk through stuff, or on stuff, you normally wouldn't be able to.

From: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

"ToggleCollision or tcl – Enables the player to move in any direction, including through solid objects and/or empty space. (A.K.A. "noclip")..."

"ToggleFlyCam or tfc – Decouples the camera from the character, allowing you to move it independently in 3rd person view (limited in range to extent of current uGridsToLoad cells setting) "

"modPos <axis> <decimal> – Adjusts the position of the item along a given axis by a given amount."

Why is this necessary for me?

I use different body types than average. The differences are so big that the actors don't align properly. I need to move the actors closer together.

So I open the console, click on an actor, and then move it closer using the command modPos. But without the command tcl, the actors go back to their default position as soon as I close the console. To force them to stay in position, I have to make sure they can't move from their space at all. That's why I use the command tcl. This prevents any npc to move in any direction. Which in this case, makes sure the alignment stays correct.

I think tcl doesn't work, because AAF doesn't use free/fly camera. Like Sulphur.4724 said. If I could find a way to disable the camera AAF uses during animations, I can then use tfc and tcl to do my own thing. Otherwise, I have to use the body types that the animators intended, which are usually muscular bodybuilder guy and skinny girl. Which are 2 things I'm not attracted to.

16 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It does, yes.  E.g.

BodyGen.SetMorph(Ourself, true, "PregnancyBelly", FPFP_Keyword, power)

Just catching up on this thread, I see you solved it by looping through the keywords.