6 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

I have no plan to create portable bolt cutters.  I can see why some would want it but I think it is too much of a cheat.  Let's pretend that bolt cutters have not been invented yet and the blacksmith is using a hammer, cold chisel, and anvil.   I may implement cutting of leather devices if the follower has a knife.

Maybe there could be a "cutter" station you could craft from various Dwarven bits and pieces, probably requiring Dwarven smithing to build, but it requires some sort of fuel? (So it's not a free "get out of gear" just by going to where you set it up.) Whatever is the fuel would probably need to be rare/expensive as well; soul gems could work early on, but later you end up with tons of extras.

Also, it might be good to have the cutting mechanic tied to being any dagger or knife. (I was going to suggest larger blades, but that would be not only completely unrealistic but impractical.)

17 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

What I could use some help with:

Bug reports, of course.

I could always use more witty excuses to not untie the player character and clever, persuasive reasons to tie her up for a while.

I would like to find a way to determine the correct, "magic", primary keyword from a worn device which is required to remove it.  I want to support, if possible, custom devices from mods like DCL without having to add dependencies on the mods in question.

What is the "correct" way to get the lock jam/covered status of a specific device?

Excuses to not untie the player:

1. "I can still feel the magic in those devices. We will have to wait until it fades so that we both don't end up defenseless."

Persuasive reasons to tie up the player:

1. "Don't look at me like that! We both know the people here fear you, so I've bound you up a bit to calm everyone's nerves"

Both:

1. "You've been traveling and fighting for hours. Take this time to recover and give me a chance to lead for a while."

2. "I know this may not be the best time, but I'm worried about you! I feel like your just rushing through life without taking the time to enjoy anything! So as your friend, I'm going to leave you tied up for a while to give you a chance to think about things." (This could be so much longer. :classic_wink:)

3. "Finally! We get to have a break. Don't do anything dumb, I will release you later."

4. "I love seeing you so vulnerable. Let me enjoy this for a while".

6 minutes ago, SirCrazy said:

Excuses to not untie the player:

1. "I can still feel the magic in those devices. We will have to wait until it fades so that we both don't end up defenseless."

Persuasive reasons to tie up the player:

1. "Don't look at me like that! We both know the people here fear you, so I've bound you up a bit to calm everyone's nerves"

Both:

1. "You've been traveling and fighting for hours. Take this time to recover and give me a chance to lead for a while."

2. "I know this may not be the best time, but I'm worried about you! I feel like your just rushing through life without taking the time to enjoy anything! So as your friend, I'm going to leave you tied up for a while to give you a chance to think about things." (This could be so much longer. :classic_wink:)

3. "Finally! We get to have a break. Don't do anything dumb, I will release you later."

4. "I love seeing you so vulnerable. Let me enjoy this for a while".

Indeed

If I might add:

Follower to player:  "Dragging me through another @&*%@%$ dungeon!  Did you see what they did to me!  Have you any idea what it's llke!  We're stopping right here while you get yours, and I get a rest from your insufferable overenthusiasm".... ties up player and does whatever seems appropriate in the circumstances

;)

I uploaded a small update which allows DDH to handle hoods and linked rubber gloves from Deviously Cursed Loot.

I have a plan for follower's reluctance to release.  It will all be configurable in the MCM.

The base chance that the follower will cooperate depends on the location.  There are six locations (Dungeon, Wilds, Habitations, Stores, Dwellings/inns and player homes).  For each location the base chance that a follower is willing to untie hands, remove a gag and remove a blindfold can be set independently.  This base value is then adjusted for the player's speech skill and the phase of the moon.  By default these adjustments are small but the user can change them in the MCM.

If the follower cooperates then the device is removed, if possible.  Otherwise a timer starts.  The idea is that if the follower said "no" once, then he won't say yes right away.  So, at the start of the time the chance of cooperation is replaced with a new, starting value.  It then increases linearly to 100% chance to cooperate over the length of the time specified.  There is an option of moving the clock either forward or back if the player asks again.  This way either the player can be punished for nagging, or the follower can be worn down by nagging.  Player's choice.  This chance applies to all devices remaining on the player.  Once the follower agrees to remove a device then a cool-down period is started during which the follower will always cooperate to avoid having to repeat the waiting.  Again the time periods and everything are configurable in the MCM.

I am working on the MCM now.  It's a bigger job than I thought.

5 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

@SirCrazy, @donkeywho:  Thanks for the suggestions.  They won't make it in right way, but keep them coming.

I'd request a small inclusion in the list of items they'll help with, the Chastity Bra. The "new" method of trying to unlock it even holding the key describes twisting and turning and stretching but you cannot reach the lock (presumably it's on the clasp in back), seems the perfect time for a friendly follower to offer to "help". As an incentive, at least obviously for male followers, would be uncovering the bare bosom of the Dragonborn, if in a non-deadly zone maybe with the caveat that the player doesn't immediately cover them up, your follower wants an eyefull for a minute or three :tongue: 

Female followers in safe zones might get a thrill from shaming/exposing the horny heroine in public for the same few minutes, if only to keep her Thane from feeling too self-important in her quest to save the world ;)

Could also play into any exhibitionist features of other mods to bump the arousal state or kick off a blush as you're ogled for your freedom :smile:

4 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

I am working on the MCM now.  It's a bigger job than I thought.

Let me know if you need help with that.  I beat my head against that wall for a long time finding what seems like every single bug that exists in it, and slowly working around all of them.  I'd be happy to help you out if you need it.

I am glad to see that "Sometimes he might not take "no" for an answer." has disappeared. Thank you.

And for when follower approaches player with interesting suggestions it could go something like this:

Follower approaches player:
How about some fun?
   Sounds interesting. Count me in!

Great! Just stand still for a moment, will you? (bondage begins)
   Maybe. What's on your mind?

Just take a look.
   I am not really in the mood.

Maybe, there is a way to get you interested, hmm?

Later, all right?

Fine, but don't think I will forget. (Approaches again in 4 to 12 hours)

I'd rather do it home. (If not inside a player-owned house)

Good, lead the way! (Approaches in a minute after entering player house)
   No. I really don't want to do that right now.

Well, aren't you a killjoy. But maybe, next time... (dialogue ends, no restrains applied)

For when follower hesitates to remove restrain

You know, I really like how you are looking in these. How about you stay like that... A little longer?

Oh, really? Why did not you say so earlier? I might be just in a mood to stay this way a bit longer.

Well, if you put it this way... Then I might stay tied a bit longer. Just a bit.

(If not inside of player house) No! There's other people around here! I can't be seen like that!

So you are afraid of others, but not me?

I can... Trust you?

Huh. I'll take those off, but I think we might have a talk back home. (Removes restrains, initiates suggestion dialogue back home)

Hmm... I'm not really in a mood for that.

go to Maybe, there is a way to get you interested, hmm?

These things piss me off. I NEED to get rid of them.

All right, I'll do my best. You have the keys, right?

I'll jump off a cliff if I had to wear these for another minute.

Hah! Wait, you aren't joking. Calm down, I'll help you.

My neck is sore, my back aches, my hands feel like they are about to fall off, I can't feel my toes and my head is about to explode from exasperating pain. These things aren't harmless toys, you know?

Oh. Right. I'll do my best.

Maybe, there is a way to get you interested, hmm?
   Maybe yes.

How about a little gift?(item name)
           Now that is something. What's the price? (go to Just take a look.)
           No, I am really not in the mood.

Well, then, tell me when you will be.
      Let's say, after I take it off, you get to keep it.
         That's interesting. I'm in, but aren't you afraid that I'll turn the tables later?
            Maybe, that's my plan? Well, tomorrow will be tomorrow. Stand still for a moment.
         That's not what I meant.

go to How about a little gift?(item name) or go to Well, aren't you a killjoy. But maybe, next time...
 (Female follower only) I think I have enough for two. What do you think?
   Now that is a nice deal.

I knew you would say so! (mutual bondage)
   Hope you have two of each, because I am getting only what you are getting.
      Of course I am, how could you think otherwise?

(these are variants for different restrains)
       Now that would require some agility (yoke)
       I think I will need to use my teeth for this. Don't worry, I know what I am doing! (armbinder)
       For that, I'm going to need some guidance. (blindfold)
       Let's appreciate the moment of silence we're about to have. And many muffled groans that will come after. (gag)

Now, after (Maybe. What's on your mind?)  

How about this one?/Oh, I have quite a assortment. (if many)
   (bondage item) This is going to be interesting.
   Now that I look at it, it is suddenly uncomfortably cold around here.

Oh. Don't worry, you won't see them anytime soon.
   I am not in a mood for... This.

(goto killjoy comment)

If player tries to initiate the dialog with follower during fun time:
   You look nice.
   Don't worry, take your time.
   Right here, but not right now.
   Just a little more!
   Are you all right?
(dialogue starts if poked too much before time runs out)
   Something wrong?
      Being seen like this makes me angry.
         Well, I can look other way... Who am I kidding, I can't. Still, keeping you tied is not a good thing to do when you are not liking it. (bondage ends)
      Just... Take it off. Please.
         Woah, just give me a second. You should not need to actually beg for release. Here, you are free now. Take a seat, have a drink. (bondage ends, gives vine)
     This is boring.
         Well, now I feel bored too. Aren't you a killjoy. (bondage ends)

When timer runs out, follower approaches:
Well, I guess that it is. Here's what I promised (give item)
(Possibly, arousal based) But I have a thought, how about little more fun? (if for a gift) I have something else in my purse. (another gift)
   (Bondage item) That's my size! Wait, how did you measured it? Ehh, anyway, get it on.
      Now that you mention, all of them are of the same size... All of them! Is there even any difference between people? Ah, what am I talking about, I have important things to do!

Ooh, shiny! And I am not talking about the gift right now, but I bet it will be shiny too!
      It will indeed! You just wait for it.
   Hmm, I wonder how much we can fit.
      Now I am wondering too. Let's hope I have enough!
   No, that's enough.
      Alright, just give me a moment. Here, now you are free to roam tombs and dungeons once again! Don't forget about me when you get bored again!
(If blindfolded)
(bli) I am not taking what I'm not seeing.
   Fair enough. Give me a moment. (takes blindfold off) I'll put it back shortly, I promise!
(bli) Darkness is getting on my nerves. It's time to stop.
   Fine, I'll take it off. Don't worry, it will be easier next time.
(bli) Well, surprise me!
   Now that's the spirit! Keep steady and let me do my job.

Example of mutually gagged dialogue:
   (suggestive mmf)
      Grrmff! (Frown.) (take off)
      Mmmf! (Stare wide-eyed.) (take off)

Mmf. (Shake your head.) (take off)

(chuckle)
      (murmur)
      (muffled sigh) (Stretch your arm forward.)

And in the end of prolonged session
   And now it's time to unpack the present!
   It's time... To stop. Because I'm out of stuff, of course.
     And now... Why are you shaking? It's not like you're carrying your own weight in restrains... Oh wait, you are. (takes them off)

Are you alright? You looked like you was about to fall.

Well, that was entertaining. Got to take a bath and try again other day, hmm?
             You can count on me then!
          Yes, I'm fine. It's actually much less exhausting when I don't have to run from a bear like that.
             Well, we could add a little role play for our next time.
                Oh no. Not the bears!
                   ...All right. No bears. I know, I'll be a sabre cat!
         And I was. Could you get less metal and more leather for the next time?
             Next time, huh? It's kind of hard to get new stuff when I'm busy following you, but I will think of something.

You might say that I am trying to convince you to make safe and consensual bondage scene... Well, I am. I've been looking for a while for a mod that does that, but it seems that every DD related mod is about forcing it on PC, while thinking that button in the MCM is immersive enough safeword.

I appreciate your attention.

I had second thoughts about my plan for the follower refusing to remove items.

It quickly grew into a monster with too many options.  Also refusing in town seemed pointless if all the player had to do was leave town to get the items removed.

I originally thought of this as part of the follower doing bondage play with the player character and I think it needs to stay that way.  So the follower will refuse removal when he's not done playing yet.  The follower won't play with the dragonborn in dungeons or in the wilds.  I'm going to have to work out what the rest of the conditions are.  I don't want it eating too much game time so I'll make sure it does not happen too often.  I also have to sort out where the items will come from.

I have some ideas but I've learned not to make announcements before I'm sure It's going to be that way.

1 hour ago, MstrN said:

You might say that I am trying to convince you to make safe and consensual bondage scene... Well, I am. I've been looking for a while for a mod that does that, but it seems that every DD related mod is about forcing it on PC, while thinking that button in the MCM is immersive enough safeword.

Safe and consensual is what I had in mind for the start.  I don't want it taking over the game.

11 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

I have a plan for follower's reluctance to release.  It will all be configurable in the MCM

Thanks for that. :smile:

Can we expect that the follower asking for sex could also be disabled in MCM? (for those of us who use other mods that do the same thing, such as "Scent of Sex")

16 minutes ago, TurboNerd said:

I had second thoughts about my plan for the follower refusing to remove items.

It quickly grew into a monster with too many options.  Also refusing in town seemed pointless if all the player had to do was leave town to get the items removed.

I originally thought of this as part of the follower doing bondage play with the player character and I think it needs to stay that way.  So the follower will refuse removal when he's not done playing yet.  The follower won't play with the dragonborn in dungeons or in the wilds.  I'm going to have to work out what the rest of the conditions are.  I don't want it eating too much game time so I'll make sure it does not happen too often.  I also have to sort out where the items will come from.

I have some ideas but I've learned not to make announcements before I'm sure It's going to be that way.

You're writing the mod, it's up to you how it should be.

1 hour ago, Warlock3000 said:

Thanks for that. :smile:

Can we expect that the follower asking for sex could also be disabled in MCM? (for those of us who use other mods that do the same thing, such as "Scent of Sex")

The follower is going to ask to tie up the player.  I may add asking for sex later, but sex will not be the focus of this mod because there are already a lot of mods out there which do that.  In any case, there will be a way to disable the follower asking to tie up the player in the MCM.

4 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

3 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

The follower is going to ask to tie up the player.

This is very much anticipated and would mesh extremely well with parts of the Sexist Guards dialogue mod. There are a good number of follower/Housecarl lines in that mod where they make suggestions about some of those devious devices you've been finding, noting you seem curious about them and offering to help you "try them on" or "it's nice to let someone else take control, I could do that for you.", hinting they'd like some playtime with the Dragonborn. Lydia quite noticeably seems to ask such things rather often, there's something about that girl... :naughty:

Those lines are only "immersive flavor" though, nothing triggers or acts on the suggestions disappointingly enough, so any mechanism or event to actually play out some of those scenarios would be great! I don't know if those lines from that mod could be hooked into or responded to as I believe they're somewhat randomly chosen from a pool after conditional checks, but they already add the complimentary flavor if you can add the meat :smiley: 

42 minutes ago, galgat said:

I would just like to be able to turn off or ON

- key break

I noticed this as well, and I have to wonder why there isn't an option for it. I mean, there's an option to adjust chance of dropping and losing a key when using it, why not an option to keep from breaking them?

1 hour ago, galgat said:

I would just like to be able to turn off or ON

- key break

- lock jamming

- shield timer

- Unlock cooldown

depending on my personal fantasy Choices, if DD4 would give me those choices. :confused:

Unfortunately only DDi 4 can address those issues and Kimy has made up her mind.

This mod mitigates the consequences of those events by enlisting the follower to help, but only for the most debilitating devices so far.

1 hour ago, S4WDU5T said:

This is very much anticipated and would mesh extremely well with parts of the Sexist Guards dialogue mod.

I am reluctant to add more dependencies to my mod without good reason.  At this point I don't think there is a way for my mod to know what Sexist Guards just made someone say.  My mod will contain it's own dialogue for now.

33 minutes ago, m2pt5 said:

I noticed this as well, and I have to wonder why there isn't an option for it. I mean, there's an option to adjust chance of dropping and losing a key when using it, why not an option to keep from breaking them?

You are confusing two different mods.  The key breaks, lock jams, shield timers and unlock cooldowns are coming from DDi 4 while the dropping and losing a key (where you can't find it anywhere) is coming from Deviously Cursed Loot.

I am reluctant to add more dependencies to my mod without good reason.  At this point I don't think there is a way for my mod to know what Sexist Guards just made someone say.  My mod will contain it's own dialogue for now.

I know there are ways to support other mods optionally (DDi and DCL both do it, pretty sure CD does as well) but I couldn't tell you how.

You are confusing two different mods.  The key breaks, lock jams, shield timers and unlock cooldowns are coming from DDi 4 while the dropping and losing a key (where you can't find it anywhere) is coming from Deviously Cursed Loot.

Well crap, my bad. There's so much junk in the MCMs I often forget what option is in which, and it takes me far too long to find the one option I'm looking for to turn off.

Still, breaking keys is annoying, at least DDi still has the key crafting difficulty options.

39 minutes ago, m2pt5 said:

Well crap, my bad. There's so much junk in the MCMs I often forget what option is in which, and it takes me far too long to find the one option I'm looking for to turn off.

Still, breaking keys is annoying, at least DDi still has the key crafting difficulty options.

Glad I could help.  What's even more fun is sorting out where dialogue lines and actions are coming from. :smiley:

31 minutes ago, phate45 said:

Looks alright, but since it's still developing, have you thought about separating the MCM into two pages? One for untying and the other for tying up? It would make sense for me.

That aside, good work!

The mod concept is evolving ;).  The untying has a single option for enable/disable.  The tying has options for how often and how long.  Refusal to untie will happen when the player is in a location eligible to be tied up and the follower(s) want to tie her up.  That's the plan until I change it. :smile:

Very cool concept, I like the idea of having a mod dedicated to being a one-stop shop for follower interactions with Devious Devices, since other mods may do one or two of theses things but not all together.  I personally like the idea of using blacksmiths as a more guaranteed removal of generic heavy bondage items.  Will keep an eye on your mod's progress, thanks for sharing.