I haven't actually tried the mod yet (waiting for it to be a bit more mature) but when the follower wants to tie you, do they only use stuff that's in your inventory, or do they produce random pieces out of thin air? (I would ask if they use stuff in their own inventory, but I know anything the player puts there is specifically locked onto the follower.) If they do produce them out of thin air, you might want to make sure they get removed from the player's inventory when untied, else the player could get free extra stuff to sell off.

30 minutes ago, m2pt5 said:

I haven't actually tried the mod yet (waiting for it to be a bit more mature) but when the follower wants to tie you, do they only use stuff that's in your inventory, or do they produce random pieces out of thin air? (I would ask if they use stuff in their own inventory, but I know anything the player puts there is specifically locked onto the follower.) If they do produce them out of thin air, you might want to make sure they get removed from the player's inventory when untied, else the player could get free extra stuff to sell off.

There are three things I am considering:

1. Items conjured out of thin air
  2. Items from player's inventory
  3. Items from a designated "toy box"

They each have their own difficulties and advantages.

New version is up!

MCM is present and operational.

Old fixed per location and device chance of refusal have been replaced with new time-based system.

All of the parameters are configurable in the MCM.

After a period of time after the last time the follower refused, the chance of the follower refusing again steadily increase eventually reaching 100% after a time limit.  The phase of the moon is factored in for a small adjustment to the chances.  Then an overall minimum and maximum are applied.

Once the follower refuses to remove a restraint he will continue to do so for a minimum amount of time.  Then the chances of cooperation will steadily increase until they reach 100% after the set maximum amount of "play time".

I hope I explained the settings well enough in the menu.  Let me know if you have trouble understanding them.

You haven't said what do you think about my suggestion to make followers not outright refuse to untie PC, but suggest to stay tied a little longer for a reward. These rewards don't need to be anything big - 10*lvl coins, leveled potions, 5-10 alchemical herbs he/she "collected on the way", gem or piece of jewelry, ores or ingots, few petty to common empty soul gems that he/she "found in urns or bandits player skipped". Or even skill training, if follower has some that PC don't. Maybe even checks for player skills, giving higher chances for appropriate offerings.

This will motivate player not to open menu and pull the sliders towards the result player wants immediately. After all, if the problem was in the fact that "You could just leave the city to get what you want", then.... Problem lies in the fact that player wants to get rid of those devices, and not in the fact that system was exploitable to get rid of those devices. Getting out of restrains is like doing generated quests - every successive one is just the same as all before it, but problem is that some restrains don't allow player to just forget them at the bottom of the quest log, they actually stand between player and a game, and until they're gone game is half-playable at best, and reload worthy at worst. You try to compensate that glaring flaw, while trying to make it not really compensating. I think that there's enough situations when follower can't help at all to make him sometimes not help at will.

I'm just trying to understand why people sometimes go an extra mile to randomly make players that installed DD to produce a tired sigh and press "t".

Don't think that my complains mean that your efforts aren't appreciated. They are. I applaud your perseverance. I just want to share my opinion on what will make playing more enjoyable, and explain why I think it will.

22 minutes ago, MstrN said:

You haven't said what do you think about my suggestion to make followers not outright refuse to untie PC, but suggest to stay tied a little longer for a reward.

IMO modders shouldn't be required to reply with an analysis of every suggestion we give them.  It is their mod and their vision, and if they see a suggestion they like they may use it.  They certainly aren't required to give us reasons as to why certain suggestions aren't used.  If you have an idea you really really want to see in game, that's when picking up modding for yourself (at least for minor personal taste tweaks) becomes the best solution.

@MstrN Rewards for remaining tied up are a possibility, but I want to get the main feature working first.  Also the refusal to untie only persists for a short time (zero to fifteen minutes depending on your settings)  during which you can sort your loot into their proper containers in your home, for example.  Want to go hack and slay?  Just go outside or at most leave the city (depending on settings), and your follower will get the message.

@jigwigigx I don't plan on doing anything special for Cursed Loot.  Also,  Cursed Loot and  my mod are opposites in a few ways:

Cursed Loot ties the player (and possibly the follower) in dungeons while with DD Helpers the follower (will eventually) tie up the player in town or at home.

Cursed Loot does not ask permission.  The follower with DD Helpers will ask permission and take no for an answer.

I appreciate your response.

Unfortunately, for me, modding and especially scripting is massive pain in the forehead, but is there something else I can assist you with? (Excluding creating subjective reasons for followers to not untie the player, because I can't think of any that PC can't respond with very simple reason to untie - "It is not fun for me.", which if rejected results in follower looking like an abusive person I'd want to abandon in some very hostile environment.)

4 hours ago, MstrN said:

is there something else I can assist you with?

You could help beat on the location detection code by making a point of putting some restraint on and then asking your follower to remove it.  If a debug box pops up please let me know where it happened.  If you want your follower to always cooperate set "Maximum chance" to zero.

Another avenue of escape could be through asking the priestesses at the various temples for help. I think there was a mod made a while ago that allowed the player to ask a priestess of Dibella for help in escaping chastity devices. Adding a version of that for heavy restraints seems like it would go well with what you're already planning.

6 hours ago, IronDusk33 said:

Another avenue of escape could be through asking the priestesses at the various temples for help. I think there was a mod made a while ago that allowed the player to ask a priestess of Dibella for help in escaping chastity devices. Adding a version of that for heavy restraints seems like it would go well with what you're already planning.

Unless I am mistaken, every town with a temple also has a blacksmith.  I may do that someday, but it's a lower priority.

3 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

Also something I can help with, should anyone want to ask.  I actually already helped JimmyJimJim with that in Sexist Guards.

Thanks for the offer, though I want to avoid the need for it as long as possible.  Any mod can (and should) register it's devices with the framework.  If it does so then I don't need to do anything special.  At least that's how it's been so far.  Once I started using GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch instead of GetWornDevice I have had no problems removing non-quest items from DCL even if it used a special key.

But I will remember you offered in case the need comes up.  Thanks again.

Just uploaded an update.  Surprise of the day is that the standing stones have named locations with no location tags.  I will be treating such places as wilderness.  I also made the time between play-times not be infinite after the first one.  Also corrected the default in the last option description.

My next task is to make a follower inform the player that he (or she) wants to play.  It may take a while for me to figure out how I want to do this.  Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing this.

Struggling to reach a lock while having a follower next to you was frustrating. Really looking forward to the follower asking to play. Some of the suggestive dialogue earlier in the forums sounded great. Some persuasive text would go a long way to agree with being bound up. Very interested to see what you do with this.

Thanks for your work :smile:

On 11.2.2018 at 7:47 AM, IronDusk33 said:

Either this, or it could be a random outcome if you pray at a shrine :classic_smile:

Don't know if this would collide with IronDusks33's Religion https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67663 .. maybe some kind of blessing to loosen a restraint?

If it collides, maybe we need to introduce another option to beseech the DD-mercy of a deity... or an optional patch?

The ulimate blessing could be a holly grail  key? :classic_angel:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 5:15 PM, thefakebobdole said:

Thanks for sharing this.

Struggling to reach a lock while having a follower next to you was frustrating. Really looking forward to the follower asking to play. Some of the suggestive dialogue earlier in the forums sounded great. Some persuasive text would go a long way to agree with being bound up. Very interested to see what you do with this.

Thanks for your work :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement.  "Struggling to reach a lock while having a follower next to you..." was the main motivation to create this.

This looks great thank you!! I also like to just explore the world and dungeon crawl, my game is on very hard so i always have a follower handy and some debilitating devices just make it no fun when i wanna finish.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:19 AM, donkeywho said:

Is it just a straight overwrite of the last version, pls?

Pretty much.  Some of the old auto-numbered scripts are now obsolete, so it is best to remove all of the old version before unpacking the new.  Most mod managers will take care of this for you, but if you are doing it manually it may be helpful to know that all of the files start with "DDH".

No clean save or other special procedure is needed.

A clean save is required because I moved the main options to the second page.  Oops.

4 hours ago, Fruktoza said:

I'm having some difficulty translating the switch destination "Force Played Long Enough". Dear author, is it possible to explain the function of this switch in more detail? Фdvance thanks.

The debug options are by and for the developer ;).

In brief:  The follower runs in the following loop:

1) The follower is in the "cooperative" state and will cooperate at once with device removal requests.

2) After a number of days (set with the "How often to ask player" min and max options) the follower enters the "Wants to tie" state.  In locations selected under "Where follower may ask to tie player" the follower will be reluctant to free the player and make excuses not to.  Someday (after I write the code for it) the follower will ask to tie up the player.

3) Once the follower expresses reluctance to free the player the "play time" is started.  The duration of "play time" the follower will continue to be reluctant to free the player.  The duration of "play time" is set with the "Duration of play session" min and max options.  Play time ends when either time is up or the player puts her foot down.  Once "play time" is over, the follower returns to the "cooperative" state.

If the player is in the "cooperative" state the "Force Wants to Tie" debug option should put the follower in the "wants to tie" state.  I use this to avoid waiting a long time for the follower to want to tie the player.

If play time is in progress the "Force Played Long Enough" debug option should put the follower in the "cooperative" state.

The debug options are put in as quick hacks, may not always work and are subject to change and/or removal at any time.

18 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

Pretty much.  Some of the old auto-numbered scripts are now obsolete, so it is best to remove all of the old version before unpacking the new.  Most mod managers will take care of this for you, but if you are doing it manually it may be helpful to know that all of the files start with "DDH".

No clean save or other special procedure is needed.

Thanks!