[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

@Bloodly That's a known issue that will be fixed in the next update. I thought I had fixed it in the last one, but apparently it hadn't made it in. Anyways its already fixed in my personal build, so the fix will for sure be up in the next version.

@Brodek7 I'll look into it when I get the chance. I had noticed that the slug planet wasn't spawning for me, but sort of assumed that I was getting RNG fucked.

@vunrtdofrt Well since you've done all the work for me... Thanks. Honestly I just didn't feel like changing it after having made it work and set it up.

I'm sort of taking this week off, so it'll be a bit before the next update is live.

Liking a lot of the new additions. A lot of them are admittedly stuff I had been planning on adding myself, but you've done so in a much better way than what I had planned.

I'm particularly interested in the new Invasive Copulation Evolution civic, and would actually like to use it in my games. Trouble is I run with a mod that removes the Proles + Strong requirement of Syncretic Evolution. Because I personally believe that actual occurrences of syncretic evolution wouldn't be limited to just the upper class with dumb brute underclass trope. Which means my secondary species would likely eventually disappear like any other species.

Would it be much trouble to adjust the civic to be an alternative to Syncretic Evolution with a no-cost (like hive mind / machine) immunity trait instead?

Not a bug, just talking.

The Chosen trait is very good/OP.  But to take full advantage of the +5 levels, you'll really want to go into +EXP of some sort, +lifespan, or both.  It also renders any other +Levels useless, because the hard maximum seems to be 10 without some other mod or something.

You might consider putting a +25% EXP mod in the trait.

I find myself annoyed at the 'raped by alien' event for the Alien Zoo.  It fires VERY often, turning the Zoo from a pure positive to a real negative from the constant -happy hits.  And I was XENOPHILE to boot.

Chiming in to say I don't seem to get the slug planet anomaly either. I always seem to get one spawning in a system or two away from my start going by the localization files, but when I have someone investigate, the anomaly disappears when finished instead of a popup, with my log saying the same thing Brodek7's did.

Also, it's not really a bug per se, but I've noticed a slight logical issue with the new native observation events when your species has adaptive/invasive reproductive organs. The event makes a lot of how the natives can't breed with things not of their biosphere, but the whole point of the adaptive reproductive organ trait and especially the invasive version is to breed with things not of your world, so logically you'd expect the breeding experiments to have a much different outcome if your species has those traits in the second and third phase of the breeding experiments.

@Bloodly Um... There is no "Chosen" trait in this mod. So the Xeno Zoo thing looks at the pops' ethics, not the empire. So It might be telling you that your pops are getting the 'raped by xenos' modifier, while two out of three affected are actually getting the positive version of the modifier. Honestly though I make little tweaks to it every few updates, so sit tight for a few and we'll see where it is later.

@Cpl_Facehugger I might just disable that branch of the event chain for empires that have access to those traits.

@Dyceptius Thanks!

On 3/28/2018 at 9:31 PM, Bloodly said:

The Chosen trait is very good/OP.  But to take full advantage of the +5 levels, you'll really want to go into +EXP of some sort, +lifespan, or both.  It also renders any other +Levels useless, because the hard maximum seems to be 10 without some other mod or something.

You might consider putting a +25% EXP mod in the trait.

Chosen trait is from the Sexy Xenos mod.

17 hours ago, twotall1224 said:

I just downloaded the mod and noticed the red exclamation mark. The game is now on V 2.0.2 and the mod supports V 2.0.1

Don't worry about it, this won't prevent the mod from working correctly.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:26 PM, darkspleen said:

I might just disable that branch of the event chain for empires that have access to those traits.

Personally, I'd prefer an alternate event chain similar to how xenophiles get the Titans of Love instead of the normal titans. It wouldn't need any new pictures since the current ones would work fine for that IMO, just a little new text. Maybe less about the scientists trying to find whether the natives can be bred and more about how they're probing how the natives react to being bred.

Still, the mod's great either way.

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been using this mod for a bit, and it's great. I really enjoy new mechanics to play around with and see how they interact with other things, though I do feel maybe balance could be tweaked a bit as some things seem more powerful than comparable vanilla traits, etc.

Also, one of the little things that add a lot of flavor and fun to Stellaris, especially during the dull periods of stat-building, are the little interactive events and event chains. Having sexy ones is just bonus. I'd really love to see more of those, (and more alternative pics for existing ones - I know, art is time-intensive) and I might be back later to add suggestions for these that I've been thinking about.

On 12.4.2018 at 8:47 AM, JesusKreist said:

The events have a cooldown of IIRC 2 years.

Plus there is a policy to extend that cooldown even further.

Please search for a mod conflict or stellaris error instead of accusing this mod to be the problem. It is not.

I think the cool down is on a per planet basis. Depending on the number of xeno zoos you have you end up with quite alot instances of the zoo breakout events. As a result of it feels like a daily occurence

The xeno zoo event is set up to have a mtth of 12 months meaning that, assuming a given planet has meet all of the requirements, most of the time the event should fire on any given planet after a year (though in practice it can be much shorter or longer than that). It also has a cooldown on each planet of 3 years. So realistically each planet, that meets the requirements of the event, should be getting it every 3.5 - 4.5 years or so. I honestly don't see how you can be getting the event so often. Xeno pets aren't THAT common (in my experience). How many planets do you have and how many of them have zoos on them?

As some one who uses a lot of mods , my start has 4 zoos in it, if I then find more zoos in other areas i can have this pop up 2+ times each mo. When i get that big and i jest end of not caring at all that it showed up at all. Would be nice if it could be change to 1 time per year all zoos at once then each zoo checking each days after its 2 year to go off on its own.

14 hours ago, themadcow said:

As some one who uses a lot of mods , my start has 4 zoos in it, if I then find more zoos in other areas i can have this pop up 2+ times each mo. When i get that big and i jest end of not caring at all that it showed up at all. Would be nice if it could be change to 1 time per year all zoos at once then each zoo checking each days after its 2 year to go off on its own.

This really sounds more of an issue of other mods you're running than an issue with this mod. Xeno pets are really rare in vanilla, I've played several full games without finding any at all. It also gives you the option of- if you keep having the event popup and are sick of it- *not* building more than a couple zoos. If you have a dozen planets with xeno zoos.... maybe stop building more? They're always on society tiles, you could just build a science lab.

Yea.... I average about 3 xeno pets a game. Granted a larger galaxy will have more pets.... but if you are using a mod that gives you the same amount of xeno pets to what you could expect to find end game in vanilla.... well that's a problem YOU are making.

Yes, we are.

Also, to clarify, the proper patch notes, since pretty much all the stuff written the last two weeks was me, not Mk40

BUILDINGS

- All building yields were lowered BUT now they all give different bonus (additional) yields based on prostitution policy.

- In most cases this is bonus is food for slavery, energy for industrialized, and unity for supported/worship.

- To offset the tons of happiness bonuses that the various sexy mods give you, many new buildings will grant powerful bonuses -- but drain planet happiness in exchange. Think strategically before placing them!

- These buildings (usually) drain slave happiness, but will instead drain citizen happiness if slaves are not available

- Most buildings don't have image icons yet because DARKSPLEEN

Building changes:

• Red Light District now only available to non-slave societies. (To help balance out all the bonuses that slave societies get in comparison)
  • Milking Facility (renamed from Slave Milking Facility) now available to non-slavers. It will drain slave happiness, or citizen happiness if no slaves are presence. It also produces the Dairy strategic resource.
  • Slime Vats re-vamped and re-added to the game. Slimes now farmed for biomass that can be dried and hardened into a building material. Large mineral output, and boosts mineral output of adjacent buildings. Drains happiness, and slime strategic resource.
  • New Building: Megamilking Facility, upgrades from normal milking facility. Very powerful building, but drains a massive amount of happiness. (!!!)
  • New Building: Dairy Ranch. Can only be build adjacent to regular or megamilking facilities. Produces extra dairy. Drains happiness.
  • New Building: Creamery. Consumes dairy resource, for a general happiness/productivity bonus.
  • New Building: Basilica of Love. Upgrades from temple of love
  • New Building: Cathedral wonders. Can only be built in capital. Upgrades from basilica of love depending on your paetron deity. Five variations available.

POLICIES

- Pretty much everything was revamped.

- All policies now give ethos attraction based on the most relevant ethos.

Policy changes:

- Prostitution policies now reworked into more distinct branches:

• "Allowed" is just unregulated prostitution, with minor bonuses and no real focus.
  • "Industrialized" treats sexual release as a consumer good or commodity. Less happiness, more energy
  • "Supported" treats sexual release as a health need, and the government provides public services to this end. More happiness, higher costs.
  • "Slavery" is pretty much what it sounds like. Minor slave penalties, lower costs
  • "Worship" added. Unlocks a second policy tree where you can choose a dominant patron deity/sect. (Currently needs feedback for balancing!)

- Worship quick overview:

• Beauty: Bonuses to growth, food, happiness, and genetic engineering. Major penalties to navy strength, and robot pops. Doubles unrest, making keeping everyone happy a much higher priority.
  • Dominance: Bonuses to slaves and navy strength. Major penalties to research, and citizen output. (Modeled after the Spartans, had tons of slaves running as many non-military jobs as possible in society, so that citizens could dedicate themselves to training fulltime)
  • Wisdom: A fairly unspecialized choice. Provides modest bonus to research, and major bonuses to leadership level, experience gain.
  • Artificers: Major bonuses to robotic pops. Focus on quality over quantity: ships, buildings, and robotic pops all build slower and costs more, but is higher quality (less upkeep, more output, more damage).
  • Imperial Cult: Proclaim your ruler as a living god. (Modeled after roman emperors who actually did this). Unlocks a wonder that multiplies all homeworld yields, but damages empire-wide food, mineral, and energy output, as well as happiness. Only good for very small empires!

- Minor changes to the Inter-species copulation to make them more distinct from one another.

• Prohibited now boosts population growth, government ethos attraction
  • Encouraged now grants a biology and diplomacy bonus.