[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

Alright i know its been a while, but I've finally updated MASSA.

So there's a few things I'd like to take a moment to discuss real quick.

I believe I've mentioned this before, but I've decided that I'll wait for the new DLC to come out before starting work on the Primordial event chain. I'd like to see what changes the dlc makes before committing myself to anything.

This version of MASSA comes with some new policies that... do nothing. Yup! As of right now they are just place holders. In the future they WILL do things (I promise). As of right now my plan for them is to function somewhat like how theman221's 'Need to Breed' trait works. When a neutered population is purged there will be a chance (depending on the exact policy you choose) that it will be instantly replaced by another population on that planet. It'll come with a popup event so you'll have something nice to look at and read when it happens. So that is something to look forward to.

This version of MASSA comes with a new event "Science Gone Wrong." The event isn't interesting in what it does, but should be interesting in that it uses the diplomatic window instead of the standard event window. I'm not sure if I'll use diplomatic windows as my standard event window from now on or reserve it for special things. I'd like to know what your opinions are for this window. Do you like it? Does it suck? Do you not care?

@darkspleen
0.16 is missing some files (in comparison to the changelog) and it seems that you mismatched some part of the archive with older files.

Also, your "Neuterization" policies are overlapping with my "Sexual relationships" policies that I'm working on (refer to the file I posted on Discord). We need to talk about this.

Nevermind.

23 hours ago, mk40 said:

@darkspleen
0.16 is missing some files (in comparison to the changelog) and it seems that you mismatched some part of the archive with older files.

Also, your "Neuterization" policies are overlapping with my "Sexual relationships" policies that I'm working on (refer to the file I posted on Discord). We need to talk about this.

Nevermind.

Something wrong?

Hope darkspleen takes a look soon.

Hm, with 0.16 I started a fresh game and in the first 4 years I found a couple anomalies- one for the slime asteroid and another mentioned a lifeform on a planet that was hard to track on sensors (or something along those lines) They produced followup special projects but after researching the special projects, there was no popup or effect. My scientists finished the project and then simply moved on with what they were doing.

I was aware of the issue with the slime asteroid but not the other one. Ugh. I honestly have no idea why they aren't working. The Spoils of War event has stopped working and the purge events have decided they don't want to work either. So in short a bunch of stuff is broke and its going to take me a while to figure out how exactly they're broke.

17 hours ago, darkspleen said:

I was aware of the issue with the slime asteroid but not the other one. Ugh. I honestly have no idea why they aren't working. The Spoils of War event has stopped working and the purge events have decided they don't want to work either. So in short a bunch of stuff is broke and its going to take me a while to figure out how exactly they're broke.

Thanks for the reply! Honestly, I'm more relieved than anything. Was worried I was the only one having issues and I had a corrupted download/improper installation/something else that'd make me look dumb. Don't sweat it, I appreciate the hard work you've put into this- the previous .15.3 was working fine and the events are really interesting. Awesome mod :smiley:

Well the good news is that it looks like I've got the Futa and Spoils of War events functioning again.

Still no clue what's going on with the anomalies. Unfortunately modding for Stellaris is increasingly fustrating as making minor changes in one place seem to completely and randomly break completely unrelated code elsewhere.

Alright. So most everything should be working at this point (or at the very least firing). I am aware that there are still some issues with the same effects stacking three times on the same planet/pop instead of three separate planets/pops.

Unfortunately I have had no luck getting my purge events to function the way I wanted them to (that being the event would fire once a pop was purged). So instead I've added a new planetary edict that calls one of these events. So you first of all you need to have my synthetic sexual selection policy selected. Then simply use the edict on a planet that has a purging pop. The pop will be killed and replaced with a new pop from that planet that is not being purged. (now that I think about it I should have made it so the replacing pop couldn't have been a slave. Things to do in the future!) You should consider this edict to be there for testing purposes primarily. I am not sure if this is the route I'll go for my purging events or if I'll just drop the purging thing entirely. Any thoughts/recommendations for this would be very much appreciated.

event : The Cyber Sex Shop
if we choose :
"There is much we can learn from these designs." - the game continues

"This will bring further equality to our people!" - game crashes

exceptions.log

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x013C8230: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x5C6D1000 
Version: Unknown Version

4 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Well that's a first.

What mods and DLC are you using?

all available dlc
mods : 
New ships classes and more 7.0

advanced weapons 

auto explore

Gigastructural engineering nad more

Kurogane ships

LEX     (Leviathan Events Xtended)

Legendary worlds

real human slaves

Sexual traits

xl plasma lance

MSSA - Make Space Sexy Again (...by the way this is a cool mod, I recommend :smile: )

11 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Hmm.... And just to confirm this is a repeating problem? I have no idea what's going on. I'll poke around and see if I can figure it out, though it'll probably take me a while. Damned bugs. >.>

don't panic ,I have removed this option from the window event,as you will have the time and desire, please check the bugs)

Ou and thnks for update !! :smile: 

20 hours ago, wolfiespring said:

I'm getting the invasive tentacles event about every 5 seconds now o.o

kinda veryyy spammy

Kind of funny that I can't get it to trigger still but the Zoo escape event is exploding for me instead xD It even happens when I have defense armies on the planet and I believe it's not supposed to right?

EDIT: Just saw I was one update behind so will see if things change for me ruining the latest version.