[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

On 5/24/2018 at 11:12 AM, figandsalt said:

bug report

About the bug that materialist players cannot build red light district even they didn't take the prostitution prohibited policy, i checked the code and notice the requirement of this building is reversed. 

custom_tooltip = {
			fail_text = "requires_prostitution_not_prohibited"
			owner = {
				OR = {
					has_policy_flag = "prostitution_prohibited"
					has_policy_flag = "prostitution_slavery"
				}
			}
		}

Obviously, the judgement condition should be NOR, not OR. I tried to fix this in my computer and everything were back to normal, my materialist xenophile egalitarianism now can build that building as the developer intended.

Tried that, could build, but the building just vanishes some time later (a month or two). ?

edit:

I wanted to build an Alien Preservation Center, but that requires the Supported Interspecies Reproduction policy.
Supported Interspecies Reproduction requires Adaptive Reproductive Organs.
My main species has Aggressively Adaptive Reproductive Organs, which seems to be an "opposite" trait (I guess so you can't take both), but I wonder, from a roleplaying point, why that should prevent supporting interspecies reproduction ?

edit for my edit:

I just happen to notice that my main species assimilates immigrants. Yeah OK I see now why an "Alien Preservation Center" wouldn't quite work with that.

5 hours ago, AvAcyn said:

Mod seems abandoned. ?

one has to make note that some things may start out small and simple But then they grow bigger and much more complex, picture every adjustment he does to one feature of the mod in order to make sure that is works he must do play through after play-through to sort out the bugs. I would not be surprised if the mod is not update for another 3 weeks

6 hours ago, justhere2look said:

one has to make note that some things may start out small and simple But then they grow bigger and much more complex, picture every adjustment he does to one feature of the mod in order to make sure that is works he must do play through after play-through to sort out the bugs. I would not be surprised if the mod is not update for another 3 weeks

Not to mention the huge changes to anomalies (a big part of this mod) which came with update 2.1. I'm not surprised it's taking quite a long time. Just about every mod that added new events/anomalies had to be rewritten after 2.1.

Thanks for the hard work guys! Can't wait to see this mod come back! ^_^

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this, but I did my own refactoring of the anomalies based on Dev Diary 115 so I could run the mod with 2.1. I deleted the 2 files in Massa/common/anomalies and inserted in this file. I made this file based on the 17.3 version of this mod from the author's github https://github.com/Regularitee/MASSA

The mod author also mentioned that a bunch of his other events got broken by the update. I don't know which events those would be, so I couldn't attempt to fix them. So far in my test play-through, nothing seems wrong so far and the anomalies fire correctly. Some things weren't finished by the author and remain unfinished, e.g. the tentacle start civic, and my one play-through was not a replacement for extensive tests. This file is literally just a refactor of the 2 anomaly files into the new single file format for 2.1. Use at your own risk.

00_anomaly_categories_massa_updated.txt

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, theevillfox said:

this version of the mod is compatible with the game's 2.1.1?Pls help me

Yes, as long as you do what StayStayStellaris has written in his post and use his new 00_anomaly_categories_massa_updated.txt instead of the two files in the mod, see his post.

Br

Kalderon

2 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

The mod is technically compatible without that fix as well.

You won't see the anomalies from this mod, though.

The rest of the mod works to the full extend. All traits are active. All technologies can be accessed. All civics are present.

I think I saw quite a few additional errors in the log where stuff needs to be changed for 2.1

2 hours ago, Gratak said:

I think I saw quite a few additional errors in the log where stuff needs to be changed for 2.1

Correct, there are some things in the civics/laws and raid events that are not working at the moment. However, they do not break the game and with StayStayStellaris file, the anomalies, the traits, the buildings and most of the events, civics and laws work.

Best regards

Kalderon

Can confirm it's just a plain old text file. Anyone getting malware prompts probably has their AV running in a way too sensitive mode where anything from the Interwebs is bad. (I would guess that it sees the scripts and assumes it's some sort of attempt to trick a program into executing evil code and not just a game mod.)

3 hours ago, wolfiespring said:

I asked the creator if I can use his mod to make a submod for it :D. I'll give it a day incase hes watching loverslab, If he says yes, or doesn't reply yet, I'll try to add some new content and fix some bugs. this mod is too good to be left unupdated ^^

If he doesn't get back to you, you can always try him through the Stellaris Sexy Modding Discord channel: https://discord.gg/nhEgXKe

He's usually online, if not active.

4 hours ago, wolfiespring said:

I asked the creator if I can use his mod to make a submod for it :D. I'll give it a day incase hes watching loverslab, If he says yes, or doesn't reply yet, I'll try to add some new content and fix some bugs. this mod is too good to be left unupdated ^^

"If he says yes or doesn't reply" ...

That's not how it works.

I could write a note hanging onto your most frequented supermarket with the question if it's okay to rob you. If you say yes or do not reply within a day I'd do it.

Same principle.

That's not how it works.

I could write a note hanging onto your most frequented supermarket with the question if it's okay to rob you. If you say yes or do not reply within a day I'd do it.

Same principle.

In normal circumstances, I would agree with you.

but making a submod isn't really the same as robbing ;)

That's not how it works.

Same principle.

More like building a restaurant next to a supermarket, so costumers can shop longer and stay at the restaurant for lunch or dinner.

I'm not going to steal land from the supermarket, but build my own foundations on my own land. but yes Its advantageous to expand a parking lot if the supermarket's is lacking, and it does benefit that the supermarket already has nice big open signs, and other real estate advantages that make it enjoyable to shop.