[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

Think I ewncountered a bug. I demolished a slave market to make room for a cowgirl ranch next to a megamilking facility, but when I was about to build the new slave market I was told that there has to be a planetary administration present. The thing is, I upgraded that building, so it's no longer an administration. Any chance you could code it to also count the next tiers of capital buildings as legible?

bug report

About the bug that materialist players cannot build red light district even they didn't take the prostitution prohibited policy, i checked the code and notice the requirement of this building is reversed. 

custom_tooltip = {
			fail_text = "requires_prostitution_not_prohibited"
			owner = {
				OR = {
					has_policy_flag = "prostitution_prohibited"
					has_policy_flag = "prostitution_slavery"
				}
			}
		}

Obviously, the judgement condition should be NOR, not OR. I tried to fix this in my computer and everything were back to normal, my materialist xenophile egalitarianism now can build that building as the developer intended.

1 hour ago, darkspleen said:

Its honestly not that hard.

Anywho. I've been poking around a bit. Looks like I've got the anomalies working, but some of my other events are broken and I have absolutely no fucking idea why. So that's a thing.

it not? is there like a formula to how to do it?

Well... to put it into context I figured out how to make simple events after an hour or so of looking at other mods and vanilla files. Granted I HAVE taken a few programming classes in the past, but they honestly didn't help me out all that much.

Basically. Thankfully the current programming languages that are widely used are pretty straight forward and easy to read and manipulate, so long as you aren't doing anything too crazy.

Also having fun changing all of my IF statements in my code. Thank you paradox...

48 minutes ago, darkspleen said:

Well... to put it into context I figured out how to make simple events after an hour or so of looking at other mods and vanilla files. Granted I HAVE taken a few programming classes in the past, but they honestly didn't help me out all that much.

ah to bad there not a formula, I'm sure there some more competent writers then me that could right out events but would have no idea how to implement them in game. if there was a formula they could write out a rough draft of an event in the formula and offer it to the modder to use if they want and finish of those details that would make the event work. 

7 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Hi, I have played this mod for some days and I think this is really excellent work that made most of my imaginations while playing the origin Stellaris game come true. 

I have one little question to ask. I checked the mod files and noticed that there are lots of graphic materials involving tentacles and ... how should I put this ... yucky squishy creatures. It seems that at some point I would be able to add tentacles on the species avatar. But i didn't find the corresponding  game events or any other event involving tentacles. The only thing I found are one anomaly which would grant a "tentacle lifeforms" modifier on a colony planet. The Tentacle Symbiosis civic is obviously unfinished and tentacle tile blocker is  just a, well, regular tile blocker like toxic kelp.

I do love tentacles in this game, not only because my interest on tentacles in sex intercourse, but tentacles are perfect match with space aliens, make much sense than creatures like Zerglings with a oversize human penis. So i want to ask that is this trait that you will complete in future updates, or you just want to abandon this idea for now?

The short answer is I definitely have plans for tentacle related stuff and will be going forward with them in the future.

The long answer: its important to understand the context under which I've been developing MASSA. MASSA is my first modding attempt. Ever. So its involved a lot of learning and thus there are some... funky elements to it because of it, both from a mechanical and logical/planning standpoint. For instance the tentacle portraits were originally planned to be (and had been used as such for a short period of time) used in relation to an event that would spawn tentacled lifeforms on a colony. Ultimately MK40 (who actually made those portraits and has been a HUGE help in developing MASSA) and I decided that it would be better to have the event spawn tile blockers instead. I decided to save those portraits for something else later. I had also been planning to roll out a massive update following Stellaris 2.0 which I was calling the "Tentacle Expansion". This hasn't come to pass though due to a lack of inspiration, growing frustration with modding itself, and my interests turning to games other than Stellaris. So I decided instead of forcing myself to work on the mod, I would take a vacation and see how things pan out. Which brings us to our current point in time, where I am again starting to play Stellaris again.

So talking about some of my plans for the 'Tentacle Expansion': One of the things I do want to implement is a tentacle mid game crisis. I'm honestly not sure how I'll do it yet, but it has been an idea that I've been toying around with for quite a while. I've also been toying around with making tentacle versions of the raiders implemented in Stellaris 2.0. I've also had ideas for two tentacle related civics (might do more if I get ideas and whatnot): the Tentacle Symbiosis and something like 'invaded by tentacles' (basically the opposite). I'm honestly not entirely sure what I want to do with them, but I'm thinking that the Tentacle Symbiosis will give bonuses for having planets with the tentacle blockers and/or a tentacle related modifier. The mod "The Galaxy is a Dark Place" has given me some interesting ideas and I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already.

If you have any ideas for specific events or mechanics I urge you to bring them up, especially if you happen to find good pictures to go with them (I find that its usually the lack of good images and inspiration that is most limiting).

Is there any gay and lesbian content in this mod? From screenshots, it seems its non-existent or really limited. In CK2, there is a lot of the adult mods that allow both. I remember one of my favorite games was an all male playthrough, and it had quite a lot of challenges. I had to adopt children to keep my lineage going. But I'm not sure if that is the creator's motive to add either of those.

I don't see much if any in the way of this for Stellaris compared to CK2, but maybe this mod adds some of that.

I didn't play really long (well, couple of hours, but that's not very long in terms of Stellaris...), and I quite like your mod.

I'm sure I have only seen a small fraction of what your mod offers, so maybe my suggestions are already in, but I wanted to share them anyway. I haven't given them much thought, so I hope an author or the community can come up with more details. At least I hope you can draw a bit of inspiration from it ?

Anomalies (I can't remember having seen any anomaly of a sexual nature yet...?):

- crashed ship with whores/sex slaves that were transported somewhere. Could either have an instant result (maybe they carried instruction manuals ?) or have a follow-up event where the origin and/or destination can be scanned.

- Find a planet that was used for, uhm..., "fertility rituals". Maybe they have some sex toys left over with curious designs that sell well?

- Stellaris already features a quest chain where you analyse a few temples and your people can decide to be gods or whatever, doesn't matter. But inspired by this, how about a series of events where you piece together some kind of alien kama sutra? ?

Diplomacy (for all of these various outcomes are possible, but obviously a bonus to opinion/trust would be expected for most):

- Meet for a conference of whatever nature. This being LL, there has to be a sex conference, naturally. Actually I don't think these conferences have to be diplomatic at all, considering that in the real world "working together" between countries has many forms, though as a diplomatic action it would still be state funded.

- Offer individuals of your species ("send delegation"?) to be used by the other empire for a host of options depending on traits (for sex/rape or exhibits (not neccessarily exhibitionistic) in a zoo/museum); a xenophobe militaristic empire would find different uses that a xenophile empire. I imagine this to be more symbolic, so it wouldn't remove one of your pops, and the other empire doesn't have to have a zoo or whatever. Just boosts your/their opinion.

Another thing: Some of the events (looking at you, Interstellar Exchange) pop up quite a lot, and especially at the beginning of the game it's kinda strange when you didn't even encounter any xenos yet, and the amount of energy credits you gain is quite high, too. Especially considering the frequency at which it shows up.

On 5/27/2018 at 3:39 AM, darkspleen said:

The short answer is I definitely have plans for tentacle related stuff and will be going forward with them in the future.

The long answer: its important to understand the context under which I've been developing MASSA. MASSA is my first modding attempt. Ever. So its involved a lot of learning and thus there are some... funky elements to it because of it, both from a mechanical and logical/planning standpoint. For instance the tentacle portraits were originally planned to be (and had been used as such for a short period of time) used in relation to an event that would spawn tentacled lifeforms on a colony. Ultimately MK40 (who actually made those portraits and has been a HUGE help in developing MASSA) and I decided that it would be better to have the event spawn tile blockers instead. I decided to save those portraits for something else later. I had also been planning to roll out a massive update following Stellaris 2.0 which I was calling the "Tentacle Expansion". This hasn't come to pass though due to a lack of inspiration, growing frustration with modding itself, and my interests turning to games other than Stellaris. So I decided instead of forcing myself to work on the mod, I would take a vacation and see how things pan out. Which brings us to our current point in time, where I am again starting to play Stellaris again.

So talking about some of my plans for the 'Tentacle Expansion': One of the things I do want to implement is a tentacle mid game crisis. I'm honestly not sure how I'll do it yet, but it has been an idea that I've been toying around with for quite a while. I've also been toying around with making tentacle versions of the raiders implemented in Stellaris 2.0. I've also had ideas for two tentacle related civics (might do more if I get ideas and whatnot): the Tentacle Symbiosis and something like 'invaded by tentacles' (basically the opposite). I'm honestly not entirely sure what I want to do with them, but I'm thinking that the Tentacle Symbiosis will give bonuses for having planets with the tentacle blockers and/or a tentacle related modifier. The mod "The Galaxy is a Dark Place" has given me some interesting ideas and I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already.

If you have any ideas for specific events or mechanics I urge you to bring them up, especially if you happen to find good pictures to go with them (I find that its usually the lack of good images and inspiration that is most limiting).

Have you seen any of my ideas? If not how would it be best to show them to you down the road?