[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

So 0.17 is now live. Its a pretty big update. I HIGHLY recommend that you completely delete the old MASSA folder for updating. Technically you should be able to continue your game, even after updating, but the update will break the Sadistic leader trait for any leaders recruited before the update.

So my plans for the future is (besides adding a policy to limit what sex your recruited leaders are) to focus the next major update on all things tentacles. So basically a tentacle themed expansion pack. This'll include the Primordial event chain, a plethora of tentacle related events that will include the tentacle trait and portrait, and (assuming I can figure it out) a tentacle themed mid game crisis. If anyone knows of any good Tentacle related reading I could use for inspiration please let me know.

More short term I WILL be reworking how the adaptive reproductive organs trait works. As of right now its a slightly modified version of a trait from the Asari civilisation mod. It'll be reworked in the next update.

For any mod authors out there: If you have a trait you want linked to one of my events let me know. For instance if you have a sadistic trait of your own it would be rather easy for me to make it a trigger for events alongside my own sadistic trait. Hit me up if you want this to be a thing.

3 hours ago, Pepsibottle01 said:

Is it possible to change some of the event descriptions and pictures? I tried but when an event pops up its just a blank event notification. No description or picture. 

What did you edit?

Hey there, i've been on this forum from a long time but i never had the reason to post anything, but now i feel the urge to leave a feedback for this EXCELLENT mod. 

First i want to thank you, an event focused mod for Stellaris was needed and IMHO underrated by the modding community: i think that the game has a lot of potential on this side, so it's commendable what you're trying to do. 

So, about the feedback, the only thing that i've found worth mentioning is the event "Breeding Season" for the species with the "Seasonal breeding" trait: when you're going at a fast pace gamelapse it trigger very often, becoming almost annoying. I think you should make it a modifier that ignite staying "undetected" (like the "Recently Conquered" modifier), without popping any message. Maybe at late stage game it's not so frequent because the entire engine become so slow and heavy, but in early stages it's very frequent

And that's all about it on the content present right now, i've yet to encounter any major bugs even if the game says the mod is not fully compatible (i'm running 2.0.2); also i think the Sexy Bots portraits are great, i would humbly suggest to implement them in the Machine cathegory so they can be use when playing an artificial intelligence empire!

Last but not least, i've read about your roadmap for future update and i like it, i just want to toss my 2 cents about that: focusing on more events that underline the traits that you have on your population would give a bigger sense of immersion, feeling the weight (and the pride) of your choice, so instead of venturing into the mid/end game sexual crises (great idea btw) i suggest to stick to the recurring and most frequent events chain because they are the big chunk of the game, so if you develop them you're developing the biggest part of game itself. Again, that's only my opinion, other than that: great work so far!

46 minutes ago, mk40 said:

What did you edit?

I edited the descriptions, the responses to the events, and I changed the pictures for the events. I moved pictures into the event picture folder than added the path with all the other event pics. The folder with sprite before all of them. Can't remember the exact name of the folder. I tried not to touch any of the actual coding.

For the image part, did you saved it with the correct DDS compression? For the events pictures it's supposed to be 8.8.8 RBG 24 bpp. Although, DTX1 or DXT5 shouldn't cause any problem (just a loss of quality due to compression).
image.png.e5f6439ac8a42dfb6bdd3670ff175d4e.png

3 hours ago, mk40 said:

For the image part, did you saved it with the correct DDS compression? For the events pictures it's supposed to be 8.8.8 RBG 24 bpp. Although, DTX1 or DXT5 shouldn't cause any problem (just a loss of quality due to compression).
image.png.e5f6439ac8a42dfb6bdd3670ff175d4e.png

Its possible I didnt save it with the correct compression. Ill definitely check that out. I'm using GIMP with dds extension to change the image. Dunno if that makes a difference or not.

3 hours ago, darkspleen said:

There's more to adding an image to an event then putting the image in the right folder. There's a file you have to edit to properly add the image in. (I'm not at home right now so I can't really give you specifics)

Yeah besides adding the image to the event folder I added another thing of code to another folder (sorry if I'm being too vague, I'm at work at the moment) I just copy and pasted an existing image code (xeno_gangrape) and changed it to the image that I found.

I figured out what I did wrong with the event descriptions not appearing. I changed the program used to open the event text file and must have messed something up. I changed it back and the descriptions and responses are appearing normally again.

If you are adding an image for an event using a diplomatic window you need to edit the massa_room_textures file in massa\gfx\portraits\asset_selectors

If you are adding an image to a normal event you need to edit the sexy_planet_event_pictures.gfx file.

10 hours ago, darkspleen said:

If you are adding an image for an event using a diplomatic window you need to edit the massa_room_textures file in massa\gfx\portraits\asset_selectors

If you are adding an image to a normal event you need to edit the sexy_planet_event_pictures.gfx file.

Yeah the asset selectors folder was what was giving me a hard time. It was really just me being a dumbass and forgetting to add a bit of code. I was able to figure it all out though. I appreciate you and mk40 taking the time to help.

On 20.3.2018 at 1:49 AM, darkspleen said:

So 0.17 is now live. Its a pretty big update. I HIGHLY recommend that you completely delete the old MASSA folder for updating. Technically you should be able to continue your game, even after updating, but the update will break the Sadistic leader trait for any leaders recruited before the update.

So my plans for the future is (besides adding a policy to limit what sex your recruited leaders are) to focus the next major update on all things tentacles. So basically a tentacle themed expansion pack. This'll include the Primordial event chain, a plethora of tentacle related events that will include the tentacle trait and portrait, and (assuming I can figure it out) a tentacle themed mid game crisis. If anyone knows of any good Tentacle related reading I could use for inspiration please let me know.

More short term I WILL be reworking how the adaptive reproductive organs trait works. As of right now its a slightly modified version of a trait from the Asari civilisation mod. It'll be reworked in the next update.

For any mod authors out there: If you have a trait you want linked to one of my events let me know. For instance if you have a sadistic trait of your own it would be rather easy for me to make it a trigger for events alongside my own sadistic trait. Hit me up if you want this to be a thing.

You got a pm :).

Hi darkspleen et mk40

One bug and one oversight found in the last release:

Oversight: Event "In Heat" has a wrong text definition in the answer. The event search for text x.1.a, while theres is only a text with x.1 in the language yaml (x being the event id I currently don't remember)

Bug: The pop modifier "Had sex" (the one that gives +4% Growth) piles up with every new growing pop that is eligiable for this modifier, resulting in i.e. 3 "Has sex" modifiers on the third growing one (=> +12% Growth bonus). Showed up on a materialist authoritarian xenophobe empire with sadomasochist evolution and sex slavery civics (the sex slave modifier does not pile up).

And just for the record: my sadistic main species never got the "had sex" modifier, but I assume this is due to the xenophobe ethic... although why they are not using their subservient sister species as breeding wombs is beyond my comprehension. Xenophobe is, in my understanding, only meaning "use them without second thoughts" instead of "despise and exterminate them" aka. fanatic xenophobe. Especially when they are also materialistic aka. utlitarian.

Maybe just don't apply the bonus if the growing pop itself has the xenophobe ethic instead of a check on empire ethics? Would make more sense in my book.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I missunderstood the adaptive reproductive organs trait. It is meant only for boosting the growth of the species that has the trait, right? Not for other species on the same planet?

Then it's no wonder my main species didn't got the pop modifier. However, the piling up on thze species with that trait is still either a bug or horribly overpowered.

And last, but not least: keep up the good work, guys.

(Gilt auch für dich, Abominus. Ich selber spiel Stellaris zwar wegen anderer Mods weiterhin auf Englisch, aber es ist trotzdem immer wieder schön, zumindest die Option zu haben, in der Muttersprache spielen zu können).

Best regards

Kalderon

40 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

The event from the new Invasive Copulation Evolution civic fires regardless whether the xeno pop is mechanical or not. It fires often for my single robot since it had no effect the event tries aggain.

And I suspect the event also does not account for whether the xeno pop is allowed to reproduce or not. Robots understandably are not ;)

And btw the civic can be chosen after gamestart which is ... without use to say the least.

I likely did this to myself but my sexbot keeps getting a clothing overlay on them.  I'm guessing that's because I did servitude AI but unsure.  Naturally it's off-center as it appears to be connected to real synthetics.

Is this a known issue for the time being?  Or am I missing a system edit I have to do?

I have a couple suggestions/recommendations.

1 - the gender leadership policies.  A very good idea; I've coded something similar myself, so I can point out to you that the way the command works is a little confusing.  It actually expects you to use set_is_female = yes or no, not true or false.  "False" apparently gets interpreted the same as 'no,' so the current implementation can successfully enforce only male leaders, but can't do the reverse. 

2 - The 'institutionalized sex slavery' civic making happier slaves.  Re-applying the modifier every pulse so it's on a continuous countdown feels awfully hacky.  There's already good triggers built into the engine for this - you can apply the modifier permanently with an on_pop_enslaved event, and then remove it with a corresponding on_pop_emancipated.   I modified your code to do that as follows:

event = {
	id = massa_pop.2
	hide_window = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		owner = {
			has_civic = civic_sex_slaves
		}
		NOT = { has_modifier = sex_slave }
	}

Immediate = {
		add_modifier = {
			modifier = "sex_slave"
			days = -1
		}		
	}
}

event = {
	id = massa_pop.4
	hide_window = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		has_modifier = sex_slave
	}

Immediate = {
		remove_modifier = "sex_slave"
	}
}

Triggering each with the appropriate on-action.  It works well, and certainly feels much 'cleaner' when you mouseover the slave pop's effects.

On 3/24/2018 at 3:16 PM, cniht said:

I likely did this to myself but my sexbot keeps getting a clothing overlay on them.  I'm guessing that's because I did servitude AI but unsure.  Naturally it's off-center as it appears to be connected to real synthetics.

Is this a known issue for the time being?  Or am I missing a system edit I have to do?

There is no sexbot_clothing.dds file in the required folder so the game uses citizen races default clothing. I had to go in and change clothing to "no_texture" so I could have naked sexbots.

I'm not sure the slug planet anomaly is working.  I can use the console to assign the anomaly to a planet, but nothing seems to happen when I finish scanning it.  I also get this message in the error log:

[anomaly.cpp:243]: Failed to generate a anomaly for planet type:slug_planet_category

I hope this is of use, though I fully admit it's probably a screw up on my end.

Hmm.  The Titanic Life events that involve them changing your race to fit them(Giving you the cross-species impregnation trait) don't take into account you already having the 'superior' version of the trait from the special civic.  So you end up with both, and that's kinda weird.

I'm probably not posting in the right topic, but I can't keep these mods straight anyway.