[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

5 hours ago, Hunter136 said:

If someone does take over, I hope they add more male focused events.

Any thoughts in particular? While I'm not taking over this mod I am borrowing features from existing mods and building something that's going to be a sort of modular, all-in-one alternative pack with my own thematic twists on things.

Admittedly though, male-focused event ideas aren't something that readily come to mind. A lot of what I have planned at the moment is either female focused or has a shared focus.

1 hour ago, Raana said:

Any thoughts in particular? While I'm not taking over this mod I am borrowing features from existing mods and building something that's going to be a sort of modular, all-in-one alternative pack with my own thematic twists on things.

Admittedly though, male-focused event ideas aren't something that readily come to mind. A lot of what I have planned at the moment is either female focused or has a shared focus.

Just thinking of stuff that was previously female oriented, such as the titanic stuff. (I don't particularly have a giant fetish, but I do think it would be neat and sensible to have it, I wouldn't complain and there are some pictures that would fit.)

Although I;d prefer more leader/ruler focused stuff, been thinking of trying my luck with it actually.

Have any tips or know anyone that would be able to help?

I know there is a guide but I don't wanna make an event that activates all the time.

5 hours ago, Hunter136 said:

Just thinking of stuff that was previously female oriented, such as the titanic stuff. (I don't particularly have a giant fetish, but I do think it would be neat and sensible to have it, I wouldn't complain and there are some pictures that would fit.)

Although I;d prefer more leader/ruler focused stuff, been thinking of trying my luck with it actually.

Have any tips or know anyone that would be able to help?

I know there is a guide but I don't wanna make an event that activates all the time.

I mostly just reverse engineer existing events, generally ones that function similar to what I want them to do, and adjust requirements and localization as needed. Building them from scratch is a bit more difficult for me, however. There are ways to gate events by month, year, 5 years, etc. though. Usually requiring on action activators and a gateway event to check requirements.

I did have plans to make some leader events that I haven't gotten around to yet, including some that affect research scientists who the base game doesn't even really do anything with, and I've been making a lot of things more gender neutral or at least trying to come up with male-focused variants as best I can.

8 hours ago, Raana said:

I did have plans to make some leader events that I haven't gotten around to yet, including some that affect research scientists who the base game doesn't even really do anything with, and I've been making a lot of things more gender neutral or at least trying to come up with male-focused variants as best I can.

leader events are good change. The fact now instead of influence for most political actions. The cost is now in energy. I feel that a sense of intrigue is sort of gone in a vanilla game and has been replaced with bribes. 

I can see that sexual orgy party can ruin political candidates chance at winning an election.  -150 influence to cover up or removes candidate. (without needing to fire the leader)

But one thing imperial rule is the line of succession the sexual orgy party can force heir to step down and give it up.  Or one can pay 150 influence to cover it up. 

I can also see this as something that could be prompted by paying 500 energy to either get rid of bad candidates or stupid heirs, But also for yourself to show the elites a good time and why they still should support you. (+2 influence for 5 years)  Could be triggered under a campaign witch results in a mission that requires some ground troops to clear party guests to keep out the paparazzi.

I also believe that there should be a planetary edict. That removes a huge amount of unrest. Basically pile a huge amount of troops on planet. then pay 65 influence, to have the men pillage and let loose on populace of that planet. -60 unrest -10% happiness +15% growth speed, instantly get 120 energy as loot. There will be a lot of bastards born the following year. 

but those were just my ideas

6 hours ago, justhere2look said:

leader events are good change. The fact now instead of influence for most political actions. The cost is now in energy. I feel that a sense of intrigue is sort of gone in a vanilla game and has been replaced with bribes. 

I can see that sexual orgy party can ruin political candidates chance at winning an election.  -150 influence to cover up or removes candidate. (without needing to fire the leader)

But one thing imperial rule is the line of succession the sexual orgy party can force heir to step down and give it up.  Or one can pay 150 influence to cover it up. 

I can also see this as something that could be prompted by paying 500 energy to either get rid of bad candidates or stupid heirs, But also for yourself to show the elites a good time and why they still should support you. (+2 influence for 5 years)  Could be triggered under a campaign witch results in a mission that requires some ground troops to clear party guests to keep out the paparazzi.

I also believe that there should be a planetary edict. That removes a huge amount of unrest. Basically pile a huge amount of troops on planet. then pay 65 influence, to have the men pillage and let loose on populace of that planet. -60 unrest -10% happiness +15% growth speed, instantly get 120 energy as loot. There will be a lot of bastards born the following year. 

but those were just my ideas

Yeah, influence changed from primarily being political power on a local scale with some effects on galactic scale, to being rather evenly split between local and galactic scale political power. I think the switch to Energy costs for a number of things was probably a way to make the resource more useful, as before it would often cap out with fewer ways to spend it.

I had been wondering what events to make for rulers, but it's kind of obvious in hindsight now. Especially considering the kinds of parties human leaders used to throw in ancient Earth. I'm not sure there is a way to directly remove heirs though. As for getting rid of political candidates from the leader pool. I think it's doable since I know where the election weighting values are, but it would require altering vanilla files and wouldn't affect any government types added via other mods without patching those mods as well.

Also, troops in vanilla mechanics already reduce unrest by their very presence. However, in reality setting them loose on a planet in that particular way is actually more likely to increase unrest really. Though I did have an idea for special offensive troop types that would be available via a special civic, species trait, via research or alternatively if a certain policy is flagged that would essentially be sent down to ravage a world and its defenders on ground assaults against other empires. Stuff like ravager squads, horny beasts, tentacle hordes, etc.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, Abominus said:

I really like to see more gay-oriented events. My gay (portrait-)mod is still WIP, I will release it, when the new patch is done (tiles gone).

I would really like to see those as an add-on. so, we have choice, Because even if the gender leader policy is set female you will still get male leaders. 

Also on side note getting a gay orgy party for a female leader does not make any sense in my book. 

2 hours ago, Hunter136 said:

So since they got rid of anomaly failures, is there a way I can turn the failures into events themselves?

Ooh. I like this. Make an entirely separate anomaly, give it the same flavor text as the other (success) version of the anomaly so you don't know what you're getting yourself into... that can work. Shouldn't be that hard to write in. Just copy what's already there for the original event and change the name, references, rewards etc. 

i used cowgirl  not kuhmädchen it's understandable so no change

I do not know if you need to change more so that everything works fine but at least these are translated, and I have added missing from the English file

I also do not say that my translation is perfect, but at least I'm German and my translation is enough for me that way

german translate.7z

16 hours ago, Hunter136 said:

So since they got rid of anomaly failures, is there a way I can turn the failures into events themselves?

There's no reason why you couldn't. I've been pondering doing that exact thing for a while and I'm fairly certain it'd be easy to do.

On another note I'm thinking that I'll pump out an official update for the mod sometime after Paradox releases that patch that fucks with population tiles. I'm sure that'll break ALL KINDS of things. =P

15 hours ago, Schmee said:

Ooh. I like this. Make an entirely separate anomaly, give it the same flavor text as the other (success) version of the anomaly so you don't know what you're getting yourself into... that can work. Shouldn't be that hard to write in. Just copy what's already there for the original event and change the name, references, rewards etc. 

How should I go about doing this you think?

I'm sure its a little different for everyone, but I view making events as essentially having 3 components: flavor/text, image, and mechanics. Now you would think that the mechanics are the hardest part of making an event and you would be mostly correct, but I have always felt that finding good, appropriate images for the events themselves are the most limiting factor. Following that is actually the flavor of the event. Its a tad backwards I know, but the mechanics of an event are somewhat unimportant when compared to those other two factors.

So how do I usually go about making an event? Well by and large what happens is I'll just go browsing for images and I'll eventually find something to I go "wow, that gives me this great idea!" And from that image I end up coming up with the concept for the event that then leads to the mechanics. Of course that isn't always the case. Sometimes I go looking for images to meet the needs of specific concepts, but once again the image itself is a very limiting factor.

I'm bringing this up because of the recent request for incest content. Honestly it took me about ten seconds to figure out how I would implement it into the game: some sort of civic for monarchies that would fire off these events and give some sort of bonus. Ok cool. But really I have no images and no solid flavor ideas to really go with that. So if you really want me (and probably over modders) to implement a specific kink I strongly suggest you go the extra mile and gather images and even write out at least the scenario/concept for the event yourself. If you have a good idea about how the event would function (what would cause it and what it would do) that's even better. As I've said previously its usually not the mechanics that are an issue.

Now I'm not saying that its not okay to simply request a kink or a specific type of event/feature is added or that even doing so is unhelpful. I have come up with some great ideas based off of such requests and recommendation. But if you REALLY want such an event/feature, going the extra mile for it will definitely pay dividends.

Hey, how can you manually trigger some of these events? Coming in contact with a bunch of nations has made it difficult for me to get any new events because most systems are surveyed.

Like, how can I trigger anomalies from this mod (triggering anomalies in general, now that I think about it), how can I give planets modifiers from this mod, etc?

EDIT: While I'm here, I want to report a few things. The Tentacled Symbosis civic's starting message is wonked, the Titan Life, Zoo Breakout, and Science Gone Wrong events happen too repeatedly, and I feel as though some events are too rare (going off eventstats in console commands and looking at the 300 events I never triggered, though some of them are vanilla game.)
I feel the Science Gone Wrong event should be tied with a planet somehow, and turned into an event chain. After all, a bunch of sex monsters escaped, right?

The Invasive Tentacles event triggered for me and just stopped there, on the first event. (I intentionally didn't exterminate the tentacles to see what happened. Don't judge.) 
Also, the Titan Life events just repeat the rape by titan xeno event and never goes anywhere after that.

EDIT II: So I was wondering to myself "those screenshots had to have come from somewhere, and worked initially. Are any of my mods conflicting with the planet modifiers?" I've only gotten the randomly occurring events unrelated to planet modifiers and the ones stacked on top of vanilla modifiers, like Titanic Life. I looked into my mod list and I found Guilli's Planet Modifiers, on Steam. It's probably not compatible. Think you can make a patch for that? So it's just some of the events are butt-frustratingly rare, and they don't change in rarity by galaxy size. Also, interestingly enough, my second test save file stopped producing Breakout and Science Gone Wrong as often. I have no idea why, but it was after I disabled Guilli's and enabled Planetary Diversity.

Sorry if you knew these or were already working on it already. If it helps I can drop images and stuff along with the ideas, lol

8 hours ago, Ree45 said:

Hey, how can you manually trigger some of these events? Coming in contact with a bunch of nations has made it difficult for me to get any new events because most systems are surveyed.

Like, how can I trigger anomalies from this mod (triggering anomalies in general, now that I think about it), how can I give planets modifiers from this mod, etc?

EDIT: While I'm here, I want to report a few things. The Tentacled Symbosis civic's starting message is wonked, the Titan Life, Zoo Breakout, and Science Gone Wrong events happen too repeatedly, and I feel as though some events are too rare (going off eventstats in console commands and looking at the 300 events I never triggered, though some of them are vanilla game.)
I feel the Science Gone Wrong event should be tied with a planet somehow, and turned into an event chain. After all, a bunch of sex monsters escaped, right?

The Invasive Tentacles event triggered for me and just stopped there, on the first event. (I intentionally didn't exterminate the tentacles to see what happened. Don't judge.) 
Also, the Titan Life events just repeat the rape by titan xeno event and never goes anywhere after that.

EDIT II: So I was wondering to myself "those screenshots had to have come from somewhere, and worked initially. Are any of my mods conflicting with the planet modifiers?" I've only gotten the randomly occurring events unrelated to planet modifiers and the ones stacked on top of vanilla modifiers, like Titanic Life. I looked into my mod list and I found Guilli's Planet Modifiers, on Steam. It's probably not compatible. Think you can make a patch for that? So it's just some of the events are butt-frustratingly rare, and they don't change in rarity by galaxy size. Also, interestingly enough, my second test save file stopped producing Breakout and Science Gone Wrong as often. I have no idea why, but it was after I disabled Guilli's and enabled Planetary Diversity.

Sorry if you knew these or were already working on it already. If it helps I can drop images and stuff along with the ideas, lol

titan rapes will give you three chances to round up and harvest the titans before your pops mutate. (forced to gain a new type of organs) this only happen if you never gave your species that trait to begin with. I this is plant chain so if you have like 3-5 planets with titans all in the process of this chain its going to happen alot. If you did give your race specail organs at game and have 3 titian planets colonized you will get alot a pop ups claiming people a have screwed. 

Unfortunately I haven't had the time/energy to actually fix MASSA since stellaris had its last major update, so I'm not surprised that people are seeing a lot of funkiness going on. If you feel that events are firing too often I suggest you check the policies for your country. The mod adds one that forces an extra 2 year cooldown (I think, its been quite a while since I've done anything with MASSA so I could have specifics remembered slightly incorrectly) on a good chunk of the events.

I won't be updating MASSA until paradox releases its next big update for Stellaris, cause.... let's be honest, we all know it'll break MASSA hard anyways. So once that update is live and I can see what changes it'll actually bring I'll start working on MASSA again.

I am always open to ideas for events, especially if you can find pics to go along with them. I know I've previously mentioned how big a deal finding good pics is for this mod. I would say AT LEAST 40% of the time spent working on MASSA has actually been looking for images. Realistically its closer to 70% since a good chunk of my event ideas have been formed only after I found a good image. So anything you guys can do to help brainstorm and find images will be a significant help.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, Reigor said:

For the New Pleasure district. For an existing game I have, I have industrialized prostitution policy in place but can't build the district. I have tried on planets with planetary admins and capitals. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Mylandus442 said:

Also having this issue.  Unable to build the Red Light District since the update.

I am also having this issue. It is asking for prostitution to be authorized. I do not see that option in the edict/policies under prostitution. I have it currently set to Industrialized. Does anybody know how to get this to work?