Site questions, comments, and suggestions

On 7/8/2018 at 5:53 AM, EvalovesEP said:

Things are getting worse every day. The blog section is not the only one that is "infected" with this bug, now, I can't do nothing when writing in personal wall. No keyboard key is working (backspace, Enter, space bar, cursors. I'm simply stuck in the box and have to exit the page. :(

179090507_2018-07-0805_49_50-EvalovesEP-LoversLab.png.e4cfa947842f744be994d3748fab2bd8.png

On 7/8/2018 at 7:16 AM, worik said:

I experience a similar issue ... but it has no clear picture for me, since I see no obvious pattern when it happens and when not.

Roughly estimated ... it strikes me 1/5th of my posts... sometimes straight from the first letter, sometimes in the middle of typing, sometimes when it simply refuses to accept the "save" button when I'm done.

My only solution is the same as Eva's - close the page and start again ?

I sometimes do experience similar issues, the most frequent one being the arrow to stop responding on LL's menu (while still working in Windows desktop at the same time) (W7+Firefox here). Of course, closing the page does work, but what I do most of the time is just navigate with my mouse (which still works) by clicking somewhere else on the text (outside the @"someone" boxes when they are), and I just continue typing (the letters do work, only navigation is stuck). And some minuts later, the arrows are functional again. It seems quite random in fact.

That's why it's a good idea to create some empty lines by advance when starting a post, so that instead of using the stuck space bar your can just click the line below, backspace key, and then resume your typing as if nothing happened. 

Hoping this work-around helps not to lose posts. :classic_angel:

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

Hoping this work-around helps not to lose posts. :classic_angel:

Thanks, Trilog. Unfortunately, I can't use mouse functions either lately when this happens.  That's why I said it went worse. I had to close FF. But, it looks like it is fixed now in "Profile". haven't had a chance to test it in blog. :)

2 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

Thanks, Trilog. Unfortunately, I can't use mouse functions either lately when this happens.  That's why I said it went worse. I had to close FF. But, it looks like it is fixed now in "Profile". haven't had a chance to test it in blog. :)

Hmm, this is strange, mouse always worked for me. Though I am using Firefox too. ryHvj7vr_o.gif

On 7/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, PsychoMachina said:

I seem to have a member stuck in limbo of sorts.  In the Oldrim Elin thread, the same person's name is always showing in the Recently Browsing section.  It's been there for some days and at all hours.

Same thing happens in the thread for Yiffy Age of Skyrim (in the Skyrim Adult Mod downloads subforum). There's one user that was listed 20 hours or so after their last login, and as of this post is still in the list. I've sometimes seen users stay in that list for a bit even after loging out, but never for so long.

27 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Same thing happens in the thread for Yiffy Age of Skyrim (in the Skyrim Adult Mod downloads subforum). There's one user that was listed 20 hours or so after their last login, and as of this post is still in the list. I've sometimes seen users stay in that list for a bit even after loging out, but never for so long.

Link, please.

17 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

It's apparent, the forum is experiencing the occasional bug infestion.  They're like cockroaches, for every one you shoot with a .22 cal, countless others are waiting in the dark.

Those city roaches don't take crap from anyone but, they're no fools either.

Will there be an easier or more user friendly search function? What I mean is at the moment if you search for something, I find I get cross game posts and even stuff I know doesn't have any relation to what I am looking for except maybe a singular word. I am referring mainly to Mod searches, forums are a little different in that way? But often a user knows what a Mod is called or at least approximately what it is called and they definitely know what game they are searching it for.  But at the moment, if a Mod crosses over or has similar Mods in other games you get them as well, this is very common in Skyrim for example as it has 2 differing versions (even though often SE is backwards compatible).

6 minutes ago, DarksideTinkerbell said:

Will there be an easier or more user friendly search function? What I mean is at the moment if you search for something, I find I get cross game posts and even stuff I know doesn't have any relation to what I am looking for except maybe a singular word. I am referring mainly to Mod searches, forums are a little different in that way? But often a user knows what a Mod is called or at least approximately what it is called and they definitely know what game they are searching it for.  But at the moment, if a Mod crosses over or has similar Mods in other games you get them as well, this is very common in Skyrim for example as it has 2 differing versions (even though often SE is backwards compatible).

Maybe........but it is probably the lowest priority that Ashal has.  Until it happens.....if it ever happens.......just use "loverslab" + "whatever you are searching for" on google.  Works like a charm.

3 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

It looks like CPU loves my profile a lot. He constantly follows me. LOL.

I know it is fake CPU and I don't mind him as far he doesn't harass me. So far, he beahves. :)

Malicia : « It's because CPU likes girls who are very pretty, very strong and very intelligent, you see ? He followed me too. :classic_sleepy: »

Jokes aside®, it's a guy who's into multi-accounts. You'll find all the info in that thread. Though on his last profile, he seemed to say he only wanted to highlight forum's security issues. So it's possible he's gonna stop and behave normally... And if he doesn't, admins and moderators are already informed. :classic_smile:

On 7/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, myuhinny said:

Why not upgrade from that .22 cal to a nuke and shoot them with it so they glow in the dark and make them easier to see??

I would try it but, one of my neighbors has yet to return my casserole dish so I can't risk blasting the neighborhood.

Dumb question.

How do you put a link into a comment without it expanding the page the link is going too? (i,e. in the old days i'd just cut paste a link and there it would be in all it's underlined glory. Now everytime I do it there is a big block of page there, which buggers up formatting somewhat).

Sure it's something obvious I'm overlooking.

On 7/15/2018 at 12:14 PM, Tirloque said:

Malicia : « It's because CPU likes girls who are very pretty, very strong and very intelligent, you see ? He followed me too. :classic_sleepy: »

Jokes aside®, it's a guy who's into multi-accounts. You'll find all the info in that thread. Though on his last profile, he seemed to say he only wanted to highlight forum's security issues. So it's possible he's gonna stop and behave normally... And if he doesn't, admins and moderators are already informed. :classic_smile:

Thank you, Trilog :)

3 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

Dumb question.

How do you put a link into a comment without it expanding the page the link is going too? (i,e. in the old days i'd just cut paste a link and there it would be in all it's underlined glory. Now everytime I do it there is a big block of page there, which buggers up formatting somewhat).

Sure it's something obvious I'm overlooking.

To create a clickable link with a text label:

1. Copy the link (into your clipboard)

2. Write some explanatory text into your post to label what the link is

3. Highlight the text you just wrote

4. Click the Link icon in the Editor toolbar (looks like a chain)

5. Paste the link into the dialog box

6. Click OK or hit Enter

The result is this.

To create a plain text link with no label that does not resolve, you can drop it between Code tags so it appears like this:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68731-hdt-smp-for-sse/?page=58

To create a clickable clink directly without explanatory text or code links, paste the link and quickly hit Ctrl+Z before it auto-resolves:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68731-hdt-smp-for-sse/?page=58

Possible bug I encountered:

Looks like in this topic and page: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94423-hdt-anus-physics-update-pesmp/?page=14

A post midway through the page bolds some text, and that bold effect carries through every other post to the bottom of the page, including text outside of the post (such as date)

Viewing on Firefox, 25 posts per page, default site theme.

Weird post is # 334

"Insert Other Media >> Insert Image from URL" function isn't working for me- I click it, paste the direct url to my Imgur-stored image (or the full url of any other online image) into the URL box in the popup and press the "Insert Into Post" button, but nothing happens. The dialog box grays out and becomes non-functional, but it never goes away and the linked image is never inserted into the post.

Pasting the image URL directly into the post results in an active link, but not the image itself.

Pasting the image URL directly into the post between standard BBCode [ img][ /img] tags (without the spaces) results in a truncated, non-functional version of the last part of the url being shown as text, but not the image itself.

What this means is that all images we want embedded into our posts must be uploaded to Lovers Lab as "attachments" and then manually inserted into our posts. Loading up the server with images that are already posted online hardly seems like behavior that LL wants to incentivize, but that's what's happening due to the dysfunction of the "Insert Other Media >> Insert Image from URL" option.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

"Insert Other Media >> Insert Image from URL" function isn't working for me- I click it, paste the direct url to my Imgur-stored image (or the full url of any other online image) into the URL box in the popup and press the "Insert Into Post" button, but nothing happens. The dialog box grays out and becomes non-functional, but it never goes away and the linked image is never inserted into the post.

Pasting the image URL directly into the post results in an active link, but not the image itself.

Pasting the image URL directly into the post between standard BBCode [ img][ /img] tags (without the spaces) results in a truncated, non-functional version of the last part of the url being shown as text, but not the image itself.

What this means is that all images we want embedded into our posts must be uploaded to Lovers Lab as "attachments" and then manually inserted into our posts. Loading up the server with images that are already posted online hardly seems like behavior that LL wants to incentivize, but that's what's happening due to the dysfunction of the "Insert Other Media >> Insert Image from URL" option.

Imgur is blocking hotlinking from LL, so you can't embed imgur images here.