Site questions, comments, and suggestions

2 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I've posted way too much in community threads lately, but am I the only one who has lost the report to moderator setting on posts? I don't often look for it but when I wanted it earlier today I couldn't find it anywhere (that is, on any thread).

Still here:

Capture.PNG

But you have to go over with the mouse to see it.

20 hours ago, Tirloque said:

That can happen from time to time when the site is briefly offline, or if the servers are too busy. Sometimes you get the CloudFlare page, sometimes you get a blank one. :classic_smile:

Thanks for trying to help, but it's not the issue. Sorry for bad explanation of my problem. It only happens when Eva and I are logged in LL and we press on OUR avatars in blog section and some threads on MP.

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

Something's going on with R-Lo's thread: R-Lo Anims I tried to go to the last page and LL just hangs. Some of the links that are package files also hang. I even tried going to page 2-4 with no luck.. 

Looks like the thread has something inside creating problems to the whole server.

Right now the thread is hidden, Ashal is looking into it.

@R-Lo we will let you know as soon we will found the problem.

6 minutes ago, CPU said:

Looks like the thread has something inside creating problems to the whole server.

Right now the thread is hidden, Ashal is looking into it.

@R-Lo we will let you know as soon we will found the problem.

Thanks, I had this issue previous too in my old thread, I've noticed that Lupobianco thread hangs too and originally I wondered if GIFs were creating the problem,

Thanks for checking it out!

4 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Hi! Has primary screenshot function been turned off again? I have noticed that recently updated file has no screenshot anymore in its support topic.

The function is still here, just hard to find:

Capture.PNG

Over the images, there is a small button over them to make one the primary screenshot.

9 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Strange. I has an image marked (as it was) but screenshot disappeared from my recently updated topic, but it's still there in the another one. Look:

As you can see the format of the two pages is different.

Just update the description for the one that has not the big green "view file" button.

It should migrate to the new format.

If the problem persists let us know.

(Reposting this from the (wrong) thread.)

There was a change made to the site sometime in the past year that bugs me.

Files that are posted as one-offs in a thread (as opposed to files with their very own dedicated thread) have lost their download metric.  It's no longer possible to tell how many times such a file has been downloaded.  This change feels arbitrary, even accidental, and I hereby vote to get the statistic reinstated.

Wow, I have to admit there are a lot of talented people putting together this website.  But it that's the ironic thing, this has to have the worst search engine.  Ever time I type in a search of the title of something I am looking for it goes give me a few seconds before asking for a search.  I only ask for one not multiple, LOL...…..But hey this a great website and if that's it's biggest problem , well then that is not so bad.

I am really bad at so many forum-features, so usually I'm afraid to ask.

But I swear you used to be able to go into a large group of threads (like "community")

and see fifty other users. 

And if you clicked on a random user, it would say that they were browsing a menu or

maybe in a thread.

Now it only seems to work in one single thread.

So it always looks like Loverslab is empty except for the user and one or two other people.

So if this was ever a feature, how do I turn it back on, and if it wasn't nevermind.

Repeating just so there's no confusion, 

Any group with many threads, or the highest group (*all threads*) used to list whoever was here.

does it still?

example.JPG

10 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

I am really bad at so many forum-features, so usually I'm afraid to ask.

But I swear you used to be able to go into a large group of threads (like "community")

And if you clicked on a random user, it would say that they were browsing a menu or

maybe in a thread.

So it always looks like Loverslab is empty except for the user and one or two other people.

So if this was ever a feature, how do I turn it back on, and if it wasn't nevermind.

Repeating just so there's no confusion, 

Any group with many threads, or the highest group (*all threads*) used to list whoever was here.

does it still?

example.JPG

I see where you are coming from and sometimes in the past I was concerned and confused... however, I soon learned that the response from people for any interesting thread is quite quick. Looking back up a thread soon tells me if the thread is active or not.  Finally , I have lot of people that I have contact with here. on PM and use it quite often. So once I gotten used to the system it doesn't bother me at all. Perhaps, you can learn to accept this as well?

As for the previous vs now... It might be a security change.. .so people can't stalk someone and if they have an argument

On 8/18/2018 at 10:43 PM, Mannequinman said:

Wow, I have to admit there are a lot of talented people putting together this website.  But it that's the ironic thing, this has to have the worst search engine.  Ever time I type in a search of the title of something I am looking for it goes give me a few seconds before asking for a search.  I only ask for one not multiple, LOL...…..But hey this a great website and if that's it's biggest problem , well then that is not so bad.

I get the same thing- it tells me "flood control has been activated. Please wait 7 seconds before entering another search" even though I only entered one search.

23 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I see where you are coming from and sometimes in the past I was concerned and confused... however, I soon learned that the response from people for any interesting thread is quite quick. Looking back up a thread soon tells me if the thread is active or not.  Finally , I have lot of people that I have contact with here. on PM and use it quite often. So once I gotten used to the system it doesn't bother me at all. Perhaps, you can learn to accept this as well?

As for the previous vs now... It might be a security change.. .so people can't stalk someone and if they have an argument

It worked today, but my mind isn't what it used to be.

I was in a group of threads,and another user was also there, creating a thread (it said).

So, disembodied force that rules the forums, thank you.

(I think)

On 8/24/2018 at 12:38 AM, 2dk2c said:

maybe in a thread.

With the forum upgrade, this feature slowed the website to a an absolute crawl.  Ashal never could figure out why.  So after multiple attempts to make it work, he finally had to dump the feature for the site for the main forum.  For some strange reason it works fine for the single threads and section menus.  That is the reason. 

I have no idea if this has been suggested/ mentioned before, but would it be possible to make a new game-/ forum category specifically for Skyrim SE/VR instead of lumping it with "oldrim" ?

If it has been brought up before, add my pixel voice to the choir. If not, well... here you go :D

13 minutes ago, Ashal said:

The reputation stuff being visible was accidental while I was tweaking some other things. It's hidden again now. Though I may bring it back after some tweaking.

It did slightly amuse me that I had Ashal as a profile visitor and the rep thing vanished in short order. Followed by a "Oh gods what have I done?? they've put me on a watch list D:" >:D

12 minutes ago, Ashal said:

The reputation stuff being visible was accidental while I was tweaking some other things. It's hidden again now. Though I may bring it back after some tweaking.

I liked it. Gives you an idea of credibility and/or attitude without having to do a bunch of nosing around. :classic_biggrin:

Just now, The First Lady of Hats said:

It did slightly amuse me that I had Ashal as a profile visitor and the rep thing vanished in short order. Followed by a "Oh gods what have I done?? they've put me on a watch list D:" >:D

It's the hat. You have to admit, that's a pretty sketchy hat...