Is Anyone Using the Creation Club?

Ernest Lemmingway

Using the Creation Club  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Bethesda's Creation Club?

• Yes, I've paid for mods from it or downloaded free mods from it.
    • No, I've never used it.
    • What's this "Creation Club?"

The topic discussing Bethesda's announcement of the Creation Club is one of the hottest on the board. Yet I've not seen anyone post a poll to see who here has even bothered with it. So this is to correct that and get some "hard numbers" among the LL crowd. (DISCLAIMER: THESE NUMBERS DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENSURE TRUTHFUL CLAIMS OF USE/NON-USE OF THE CREATION CLUB. THIS HAS BEEN A CYA POST.)

Myself, I quit playing FO4 back in early '16 because of the sheer number of technical issues (i.e., Creation Engine save corruption bug), the lackluster plot, the inane and repetitive quests where every objective involved killing enemies (I'll play an MMO for that), and how unfinished FO4 felt. I've ripped on it, but I'm mostly mad at myself for not waiting to buy it and, IMO, wasting my money. That's the reason I've been so harsh towards FO4 and Bethesda Softworks in general. As we've seen with the six-month delay for a beta of the FO4 Creation Kit from the game's initial launch, the disastrous start to BethNet with mod theft, and now the laughable CC content, my opinion of them remains extremely low.

I installed SSE when it was free for those with registered copies of Oldrim and all its DLC, but I haven't played it for longer than one minute in almost a year now, mostly because I knew that BS (take that acronym how you want) would redact the "free" part and charge everyone for it soon enough. If/when the mods I use to make Oldrim tolerable after 2000+ hours of play are ported to Newrim or suitable replacements are made, then I'll try playing it. But that requires BS to stop making changes that invalidate SKSE 64, which doesn't look likely to stop for some time.

Now throw in Pete Hines' sometimes hostile tweets over customer complaints about the company's work in every arena, weak arguments about semantics on video, and his reference to PC gamers who use Script Extender as "a significant minority." BS has all but announced they're focusing solely on console gamers and PC gamers can go fuck themselves, "Oh, but please keep making mods for our games so they remain popular while we do absolutely nothing."

I haven't even tried to play the games they produced that use the CC, so I've not even seen it firsthand. It's not worth the aggravation. So long as BS remains unchallenged in the genre of open-world sandbox RPGs, they have no reason to change. They're literally the only game in town.

I have checked into the offered content from time to time to see if there is anything worth buying.  So far I've only run into one mod that does not have a free version that is significantly better.  The rest are so underwhelming or poorly done that I simply haven't found any reason at all to bother with them.

I don't have a problem with CC in theory.  The execution blows.  If they delivered quality content I might consider purchasing something.

Going to have to admit to making a mistake when voting in the poll as I have used the creation club for one free mod (that I don't even use anymore) however when I saw creation club mentioned my mind immediately went to payed mods

I haven't opened FO4 in months. I'm back to playing New Vegas/TTW with my beloved character who I've

been with for thousands of hours. I'm not touching FO4 again until the dust settles with all their bullshit

updates. I only buy Bethesda games because I can mod them, and you can bet I won't be rushing to purchase

their next Elder Scrolls/Fallout release if current trends continue.

I've never bothered to look at the Creation Club; I think it's for suckers and fools.

I still haven't downloaded SSE, 95% of my mods are for oldrim only and honestly I wont play skyrim without my mods, all of which are cbbe hdt clothing and armor anyways with now long gone authors who dont update but worth it to me. sadly I played skyrim for 6 years now and still playing yet fallout 4 I played for 600 hours 326.5 hours technically the rest was forced as I felt i should try to make it to the 400 mark but only reason it got so high on hours was mods. Most of that time was spent in the settlement builder cause that was the most entertaining part of the game. But I have not even touched CC after the research and reading what everyone opinions on here I cant even imagining myself touching that ass cracker content. I avoid games that have loot boxes, sadly this meant I had to stop playing battlefront the only multiplayer FPS I ever enjoyed. That Actually made me sad somewhat, Ill stick to stellaris finally got my mod working for it and working on my custom ships for it once I figure out the modeling and coding for distances. that and my new found love for neir automata sotrys bland but its super fun to play.

The only way I could ever see myself using it is if it became the exclusive platform for future big dlcs - the likes of Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Far Harbour etc. Even then it's very doubtful. Having to buy more "credits" than you need to spend is a huge no-no for me.

Then there's the fact that they pushed the quality control aspect as one of the key features, and then the most expensive content they launched with had glaring clipping issues anyone paying the slightest bit of attention would have caught within a few seconds. That really does speak volumes.

The freebie Survival mod for SSE, it seems okay, though I haven't played it much.

I bought FO4 cheap on a Steam sale, haven't installed it yet. That furniture pack is the only CC that seems even remotely interesting. I think I'll wait to download FO4.

I'm sure this is the end of the line for Bethesda for me. I have no interest in ES VI or FO V. Starting with the paid mods and now this CC, and the focus on console gamers, I've lost interest. It's funny because I moved from console some years ago to get better options and gameplay with my games.

i mostly use the Creation Club for the free stuff that's about it :mellow:

I'll never give them my money on the Creation Club till they fix the pricing, but I'm still going to buy there games, just not on day one cause fallout 4 was a bit of a let down for me :-/ .

what i don't get is why do some of thees people say oh i won't play the game again cause of some dumb in game store that you don't even have to use, like what kind of backwards thinking is that :huh: if you don't like the Creation Club don't use it, ever herd the saying vote with your wallet, if they see there not making much money on the Creation Club then they will listen cause money talks,

and don't get me going on why people keep calling the stuff on the store paid mods when it's really bethesda game studios stuff to begin with since they own the IP for Fallout and TES and if the DLC is Paid mods then all DLC's in every game known to man are paid mods, sounds dumb now doesn't it :dodgy:

No. Not buying from the Craptastic Club. Ever.

I'm really, really glad that I was able to get FO4 for FREE, bought with a gift card. If I had bought it with my own money, I would have been pissed and asked for a refund. Only 20 hours of playing (and modding) this, and the Main Questline (joining with the Brotherhood to access the Institute) fell apart. Couldn't even cheat past the bugs. Now, with all the CC nonsense, and all the modding I would have to do to make the bloody game something I WANT to play, it might be another year before I get bored enough to reinstall this shiny plastic Fallout 4.

Unless it was required to play a mod that recreates FO3/FNV (or maybe TTW even) with FO4 assets (like SkyOblivion or Skywind).

@Rex89: I remember a time when many games made DLC as a Free Update rather than charge money, so in a sense were Free mods. Sad how the money-grubbing corporate minds can fleece their fan-flock nowadays by rushing product out to consumers (not customers; there is a difference) and charge more for much of the shit deliberately left out of the initial game to make Investors happy, and not the Customers.

Bethesda makes good game worlds, and the 1st and 3rd person animation and camera are a nice touch, it would seem they would do far better with a paid creation club scheme if they would just make an open world sandbox and leave the stories and quests up to almost anyone else.  They are terrible when they add cutscenes and try to make some story driven game because they are guaranteed to break as they lack the attention to detail needed to make these things work. Quality control is not an option when making intricate stories, it just makes the game look really amatuer when the basic quests get broken or is missing what should be an obvious link to another quest line, or when a hacked in cutscene fails because some npc just walks into you and pushes you away during dialogue.

I don't use SSE I don't have failout 4 and probably never will and I doubt I'll buy anymore of their games. I have never looked at the junk club. Hopefully they won't try forcing that shit into their older games but if they do I'll just rip that shit out and throw it away.

nein that CC thing is a console focused trap.

I only use fallout 4 to test the mods of the comunity, download test quit. not even 10 min on the game, there`s just nothing there.

about skyrim, after the massive simplification they did to it, i should have learn that any future game was going to be even more hollow of rpg.

this days skyrim is more of a waifu simulator to me since the history of the thief guild was a wreck and the main was meh at best.

better stick with the witcher.

if you are a fan of the elder scroll,

BE VERY AFRAID OF WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS.

no more visible weapons on your back....

post-669739-0-60704800-1509762905_thumb.png

On 11/4/2017 at 3:35 AM, fileon1993 said:

nein that CC thing is a console focused trap.

I only use fallout 4 to test the mods of the comunity, download test quit. not even 10 min on the game, there`s just nothing there.

about skyrim, after the massive simplification they did to it, i should have learn that any future game was going to be even more hollow of rpg.

this days skyrim is more of a waifu simulator to me since the history of the thief guild was a wreck and the main was meh at best.

better stick with the witcher.

if you are a fan of the elder scroll,

BE VERY AFRAID OF WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS.

no more visible weapons on your back....

post-669739-0-60704800-1509762905_thumb.png

i dont think Todd Howard make the decision about CC, it's more like those guys in Bethesda Softworks they are publisher.

Archived